9 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Any 'owed" workshop workbench. The Red ones. ;)

So activating the main workshop bench would have done it?  I'll try that out tonight.  Thanks.

Still... why was my chance of escape zero (or 1% because I "struggled feebly" a LOT) even when I set it to 100% in MCM? 

If there are some instances where it's impossible to escape without finding a bench and I'm beyond reasonable walking distance to one... that's pretty game-breaking for someone without lock-picking skills.

18 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

So activating the main workshop bench would have done it?  I'll try that out tonight.  Thanks.

Still... why was my chance of escape zero (or 1% because I "struggled feebly" a LOT) even when I set it to 100% in MCM? 

If there are some instances where it's impossible to escape without finding a bench and I'm beyond reasonable walking distance to one... that's pretty game-breaking for someone without lock-picking skills.

You have to run. And run fast. Game breaking this is not.  But devious devices with mittens and no keys. And cant loot anything to get keys.  The menu you can download for it allows a lock picking cheat ... but here again, no skill.  

Any workbench will work. At least cuts them so you can fire a weapon.

Ir you could console in some handcuff keys. Lol

21 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

You have to run. And run fast. Game breaking this is not.  But devious devices with mittens and no keys. And cant loot anything to get keys.  The menu you can download for it allows a lock picking cheat ... but here again, no skill.  

Any workbench will work. At least cuts them so you can fire a weapon.

Ir you could console in some handcuff keys. Lol

Okay... if any workbench will work... that's more doable. :)  "Run"...hmmm... That reminds me that I need to turn off the chance for leg bindings.   ?  LOL

59 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

Okay... if any workbench will work... that's more doable. :)  "Run"...hmmm... That reminds me that I need to turn off the chance for leg bindings.   ?  LOL

If the cuffs are too tight to struggle, you cannot struggle out of them, no matter the chance in MCM. That chance is just for situations where they are tight but not too tight. Also struggling feebly is... well... feeble, it says so quite clearly :classic_laugh:.

Any player-owned red workbench (the things in the center of the settlement) will allow you to cut the chain or the hinge connecting the cuffs, allowing you to use your hands again. Of course the cuffs will still be locked on to your wrists, but with your hands free you will have much more options to get them off.

If the cuffs are hinged cuffs and the lock is facing away from your hands, the workbench is your only option. In all other cases they can also be unlocked with keys, though that may need some struggling, too. If you have no key, you can try to find a key (try one of the police stations, often handcuffs with keys are lying in the open e.g. on the top of desks, allowing you to take the key even with bound hands). You can try buying a key (general traders, e.g. Trudy, Carla, quite often have keys; even traders in settlements may have them). Of course you are in danger of being killed by raiders, muties, etc. Either run very fast, or get a follower or two to do the fighting for you.

You see, it is not game breaking. It is hard (and supposed to be hard), but if you are more creative than just trying to stuggle there are quite a few solutions ?

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

If the cuffs are too tight to struggle, you cannot struggle out of them, no matter the chance in MCM. That chance is just for situations where they are tight but not too tight. Also struggling feebly is... well... feeble, it says so quite clearly :classic_laugh:.

Any player-owned red workbench (the things in the center of the settlement) will allow you to cut the chain or the hinge connecting the cuffs, allowing you to use your hands again. Of course the cuffs will still be locked on to your wrists, but with your hands free you will have much more options to get them off.

If the cuffs are hinged cuffs and the lock is facing away from your hands, the workbench is your only option. In all other cases they can also be unlocked with keys, though that may need some struggling, too. If you have no key, you can try to find a key (try one of the police stations, often handcuffs with keys are lying in the open e.g. on the top of desks, allowing you to take the key even with bound hands). You can try buying a key (general traders, e.g. Trudy, Carla, quite often have keys; even traders in settlements may have them). Of course you are in danger of being killed by raiders, muties, etc. Either run very fast, or get a follower or two to do the fighting for you.

You see, it is not game breaking. It is hard (and supposed to be hard), but if you are more creative than just trying to stuggle there are quite a few solutions ?

Nah not killed.  If you have violate (which I have been lucky in that they have extricated me from bad DD and put me in something more inescapable.  (I shutoff cursed loot till I have DD keys... timer is fair but not able to escape is another).

One can RP having multiple followers and you PC is captive.... make sure you have tough ones. Recommend the mistress passion synth courses if you do (3) of them. Vex is has the knife melee and Aurora has two hand combat AI which are great companions.

1 hour ago, Kharos said:

Just uploaded the final (non-beta) 0.4.0 version. There are some minor bugfixes compared to the latest release candidate, and the LL FourPlay plugin is updated to the newest version.

Cool! I'll grab that. I'm just now adding RH as a requirement to Hardship. Having fun with it. I really like that the arm override actually looks good with some non bound AAF animations (like kissing and cunnilingus) I'm gonna take advantage of that :D

@Kharos I'm having a little trouble.

This is the function I'm using to add Handcuffs: 

Function AddHandcuffs(Actor akActor)
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("RealHandcuffs.esp")
        Quest RHQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "RealHandcuffs.esp") as Quest
        ScriptObject RHScript = RHQuest.CastAs("RealHandcuffs:ThirdPartyApi")

Var[] RHArgs = New Var[2] 
            RHArgs = New Var[2]
            RHArgs[0] = AkActor
            RHArgs[1] = RHScript.GetPropertyValue("FlagAddRemoveObjectsSilently")
            RHScript.CallFunction("CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor",RHArgs)
    EndIf
    _T_CuffedWrists.SetValue(1)
EndFunction

It works as expected.

I have another function for adding Hinged Handcuffs and it doesn't seem to work at all:

Function AddHingedHandcuffs(Actor akActor)
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("RealHandcuffs.esp")
        Quest RHQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "RealHandcuffs.esp") as Quest
        ScriptObject RHScript = RHQuest.CastAs("RealHandcuffs:ThirdPartyApi")

Var[] RHArgs = New Var[3] 
            RHArgs = New Var[3]
            RHArgs[0] = AkActor
            RHArgs[1] = 8 ;Hinged
            RHArgs[2] = RHScript.GetPropertyValue("FlagAddRemoveObjectsSilently")
            RHScript.CallFunction("CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor",RHArgs)
    EndIf
    _T_CuffedWrists.SetValue(1)
EndFunction

I'll confess I really don't DO arrays. I just extrapolated off what @EgoBallistic posted above and hoped for the best. What should it look like?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

I'll confess I really don't DO arrays. I just extrapolated off what @EgoBallistic posted above and hoped for the best. What should it look like?

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

That second function should be CreateHandcuffsWithModsEquipOnActor.  And you need to reverse RHArgs[1] and RHArgs[2] -- mods is the last argument.

Actually hinged is not a mod, it is a flag. This has technical reasons, the hinged handcuffs use a different 3D model than the normal ones and a different animation than the normal ones, so they are not normal handcuffs with a special mod but a completely different object. This is also the reason that the workbench closes and then reopens when you convert handcuffs to hinged handcuffs, I need to replace the obejct with a new one and I cannot do this while the workbench is open.

Handling the array for CallFunction is not that difficult. An array is just multiple variables that share the same name. You access the individual variables by using the name and then a number in square brackets (called the array index). The first variable is at index 0, the second at index 1, and so on (yeah programmers count from zero). Now take a look at the function definition in ThirdPartyAPI.psc:

ObjectReference Function CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor(Actor target, Int flags = 0)

Count the function arguments from left to right, again starting at zero. There are two arguments, so you will need an array with two "slots". target should be at array index 0, flags at index 1. So if I am not mistaken, the code should look like the following:

Var[] kArgs = New Var[2] ; create an array with two slots
kArgs[0] = akActor
kArgs[1] = 2 + 8 ; FlagAddRemoveObjectsSilently + FlagHinged (multiple flags can be combined by adding them)
RHScript.CallFunction("CreateHandcuffsEquipOnActor", kArgs)

@Kharos - I finally figured out the problem with shock collars re-equipping themselves after being removed by script.  It turns out the actual culprit was AAF.

The script I was having trouble with runs a few seconds after an AAF animation.  I decided to isolate the problem by equipping a collar via console and running the script manually.  When I did that, the collar did not reappear.  Then I realized that AAF was probably adding the collar to its unequip/reequip list during animations and re-equipping it when the re-dress timer fires.  So I made a protectedEquipmentData file that would make AAF ignore the collars.  Sure enough, it now works as expected even after an AAF animation.

I would suggest adding a Data\AAF\RealHandcuffs_protectedEquipmentData.xml to the mod:

<meta title="RealHandcuffs_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form="000963" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form="000964" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form="000965" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
</condition>

This will make AAF totally ignore those types of restraints when managing actors' equipment.

13 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

@Kharos - I finally figured out the problem with shock collars re-equipping themselves after being removed by script.  It turns out the actual culprit was AAF.

The script I was having trouble with runs a few seconds after an AAF animation.  I decided to isolate the problem by equipping a collar via console and running the script manually.  When I did that, the collar did not reappear.  Then I realized that AAF was probably adding the collar to its unequip/reequip list during animations and re-equipping it when the re-dress timer fires.  So I made a protectedEquipmentData file that would make AAF ignore the collars.  Sure enough, it now works as expected even after an AAF animation.

I would suggest adding a Data\AAF\RealHandcuffs_protectedEquipmentData.xml to the mod:

<meta title="RealHandcuffs_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form="000963" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form="000964" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form="000965" source="RealHandcuffs.esp"/>
</condition>

This will make AAF totally ignore those types of restraints when managing actors' equipment.

That sound like a good idea, thanks for figuring it out and providing a ready to use solution!

10 hours ago, akbaa said:

Will leg irons find their way into this mod too? I quite like the handcuffs and wish there were something for feet as well! :D

The main problem for that are animations. I would probably have to take a very close look at torture devices again...

8 hours ago, Kharos said:

The main problem for that are animations. I would probably have to take a very close look at torture devices again...

Speaking of.

In both that and DD are the keywords for non-solid leg animations [so not the damn hopping], but far as I can tell without looking at all the animations themselves, I don't think there's actually a non-solid animation, or if there is, it isn't used.

That said, with some visual trickery, dropping the player movement speed to ~10-15% would work instead [and/or forcing walk-speed, with or without a further move speed reduction].

I find the hopping effect amusing in an ultimately futile way if leg bindings are applied by attackers, since there's basically no hope for escape after they've had their fun and the most I can do is hop a few feet before combat resumes. Slow walk might accomplish the same but would be slightly less dramatic.

That said, I play mostly with Fusion Girl these days, so have unloaded Devious Devices the beta FG adaptation for them lacks physics and newer morph sliders.

3 hours ago, Warlord_Pipsqueak said:

So the mod isn't detecting the LL FourPlay F4SE plugin, even though it worked two days ago.

I assume this is because the game just got updated and i installed the latest release of F4SE?

Correct, there needs to be an update for LLFP available (which AAF and some other mods like Real Handcuffs will likely incorporate a copy of shortly thereafter). It was waiting for LooksMenu to get updated (that's just happened), which was in turn waiting for newer F4SE (got released the day after the FO4 runtime update). The chain of dependent updates takes anywhere from a few days to a week to happen, if previous FO4 runtime bumps are any indication.