1 hour ago, Kharos said:

There is only a single line about real handcuffs in the log, and it is the error message that both myself and Nebuchadnezzer 2 are getting, too. There should be many more lines if you set the MCM Debug settings to Information (you did do that, right?). Something is very badly not working, and I am not able to find out what.

You can try to remove and then readd the mod, but this is a somewhat touchy process; be sure to keep one of your old saves (i.e. create new saves) in case this process causes damage to your savegame.

1. Disable RealHandcuffs in the MCM debug menu and save the game, then uninstall the mod.
  2. Delete the MCM settings file if it exists: Data/MCM/Settings/RealHandcuffs.ini
  3. Load and save the game again to create a "clean save" where the mod is not installed.
  4. Reinstall the mod.
  5. Edit the MCM default settings file: Data/MCM/Config/RealHandcuffs/settings.ini, change the line iLogLevelPapyrus=1 to iLogLevelPapyrus=0 (it's the second-last line). This should cause the mod to do Information level logging to the papyrus log file.
  6. Load the save created in step 3 and check if things work.
  7. If they don't, send me the resulting papyrus log file.

Sorry for all the trouble. As I wrote above something is badly not working, and we may not be able to find out what :(.

umm ya you know what i dont think i set the MCM Debug settings to Information i couldn't find the option to my bad

Hey @Kharos

Just a thought about the request that somebody made for rope cuffs. It'd be pretty easy to do with just your existing and vanilla assets. You could use the dog rope collar for the rope cuffs positioned and sized to replace the handcuffs object. Make it so people have to buy a length of rope from vendors (and use the vanilla rope swing ground coil object for that). The cuffs might require a tiny bit of geometry removal in outfit studio depending on how fancy you wanna get.

Vanilla assets can be pretty useful, I made this gag out of the dog rope collar, a rolling pin, and 2 lead pipes all put together in Outfit studio :)

20190928111806_1.jpg.0d448a06f1406cad480a83f147abe7af.jpg

I was just debating if I was going to make my own rope cuffs for my next mod, but it'd be so much better all around if it was part of RH since I'm gonna have it as a requirement anyway.

21 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hey @Khoda,

Just a thought about the request that somebody made for rope cuffs. It'd be pretty easy to do with just your existing and vanilla assets. You could use the dog rope collar for the rope cuffs positioned and sized to replace the handcuffs object. Make it so people have to buy a length of rope from vendors (and use the vanilla rope swing ground coil object for that). The cuffs might require a tiny bit of geometry removal in outfit studio depending on how fancy you wanna get.

Vanilla assets can be pretty useful, I made this gag out of the dog rope collar, a rolling pin, and 2 lead pipes all put together in Outfit studio :)

20190928111806_1.jpg.0d448a06f1406cad480a83f147abe7af.jpg

I was just debating if I was going to make my own rope cuffs for my next mod, but it'd be so much better all around if it was part of RH since I'm gonna have it as a requirement anyway.

Is... is that gag availible in any of your mods? Asking for a friend

7 hours ago, KitKatKseniya said:

Is... is that gag availible in any of your mods? Asking for a friend

It'll be in my next mod :) I personally don't like DD. (Though a lot of the models are great.) Even in Skyrim I was a strict Zaz guy. The DD gags are particularly lame in FO4 since apparently nobody has figured out how to open mouths outside of animations yet, so I wanted a gag that would look "reasonably" okay with a closed mouth.

Of chourse If @Kharos wants to expand RH ino gags I'd happily offer the nif :)

Hey @Kharos,

I went ahead and tried making ropecuffs like I described in the previous post. I think they look "okay" They are sized to fit the hinged cuff animation. Let me know if you want the model. If you decide not to add rope cuffs to RH I'll just probably add these to my mod as originally planned. 

20191010083212_1.jpg.c416b5d6c4958873a8cbda68e228b20e.jpg

17 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hey @Kharos,

I went ahead and tried making ropecuffs like I described in the previous post. I think they look "okay" They are sized to fit the hinged cuff animation. Let me know if you want the model. If you decide not to add rope cuffs to RH I'll just probably add these to my mod as originally planned. 

20191010083212_1.jpg.c416b5d6c4958873a8cbda68e228b20e.jpg

Ok, so creating rope cuffs using vanilla assets is definitively possible (until you told me I did not even know that there is a rope dog collar; I think I've never seen it in the game). That's very good to know for the future :). I am currently using my available time to finish my work on shock collars, so there are no short-term plans for me to integrate it. You may want to add it to your mod as planned.

1 hour ago, Atlas1998 said:

I might just not be doing it right, but for some reason, the settings for Real Handcuffs in the MCM menu keep being overwritten, AFAICT by Real Handcuffs itself - I'm trying to set it to the default values as listed in MCM, but it's not letting me.

The MCM settings are stored in Data\MCM\Settings\RealHandcuffs.ini. The mod should automatically save and load settings to/from this file. Maybe something is wrong with that file?

The default settings are in Data\MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs\Settings.ini. You can try copy-pasting the contents of the default settings file into the settings file.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:20 AM, Kharos said:

The MCM settings are stored in Data\MCM\Settings\RealHandcuffs.ini. The mod should automatically save and load settings to/from this file. Maybe something is wrong with that file?

The default settings are in Data\MCM\Config\RealHandcuffs\Settings.ini. You can try copy-pasting the contents of the default settings file into the settings file.

It's possible that the file is, for one reason or another, set to read-only, which could be causing problems.

3 hours ago, Atlas1998 said:

It's possible that the file is, for one reason or another, set to read-only, which could be causing problems.

Yep. Also old versions of Mod Organizer had problems with the MCM generated settings files. These are potential problems with your setup, and I may not be able to help you with this. If you want to just have the default settings, copy the file contents from the Settings.ini to RealHandcuffs.ini as I wrote above, that should hopefully solve the problem.

Version 0.4.0 beta 6
====================
hacked firmware and lots of small changes
- new mod: hacked firmware, uses some 1337 in menus and has a "T0rture M0de" giving recurring timed shocks
- add crafting recipes to chemistry workbench (only for users who are not using the awkcr compatibility plugin)
- try to use tab key as hardcoded default if for some reason not able to detect the key bound to "Pipboy" action
- a lot of small changes, fixes and (script) improvements

This is probably one of the last beta versions before I move on to RC versions and hopefully soon a final version 0.4.0. Meaning, this would be a good moment to tell me if things are not working or not making sense from a gameplay perspective.

31 minutes ago, SAC said:

So, how to obtain / install / use the hacked mod? 

Firmware mods can be created from firmware dumps (these look like holodisks) at the armor workbench. Firmware dumps can be created at either the awkcr armor workbench, or if you don't have awkcr at the chemistry workbench.

There are requirements: You need to have a shock collar Mark II or Mark III in your inventory to create a fimware dump. Also dumping, modifying dumps, and creating firmware dumps requires level 1 or 2 of the Hacker perk, depending on what you want to do. I am still debating with myself if I should reduce the required levels of the Hacker perk [edit: to make it more accessible to players who don't play a super hacker].

27 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Firmware mods can be created from firmware dumps (these look like holodisks) at the armor workbench. Firmware dumps can be created at either the awkcr armor workbench, or if you don't have awkcr at the chemistry workbench.

There are requirements: You need to have a shock collar Mark II or Mark III in your inventory to create a fimware dump. Also dumping, modifying dumps, and creating firmware dumps requires level 1 or 2 of the Hacker perk, depending on what you want to do. I am still debating with myself if I should reduce the required levels of the Hacker perk [edit: to make it more accessible to players who don't play a super hacker].

Ok :) 

And how do I do that by using the console? I am not really playing through, I'm just trying out mods and situations, so not really into recipes, requirements and all that anymore

1 hour ago, SAC said:

And how do I do that by using the console?

To spawn a collar with that mod, try the following:

HELP "RH_MainQuest" 4
CQF XY000F99 "CreateShockCollarWithModsCloseTo" 14 0 8

This will create a collar on the ground close to your feet with the "Hacked Firmware" mod. You may need to search it, sometimes it spawns a bit in the ground.

If you want the "Throbbing Shock Module" mod in addition, use 9 instead of 8. Take a look at ThirdPartyApi.psc for further details about how to spawn stuff.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kharos said:

To spawn a collar with that mod, try the following:

HELP "RH_MainQuest" 4
CQF XY000F99 "CreateShockCollarWithModsCloseTo" 14 0 8

This will create a collar on the ground close to your feet with the "Hacked Firmware" mod. You may need to search it, sometimes it spawns a bit in the ground.

If you want the "Throbbing Shock Module" mod in addition, use 9 instead of 8. Take a look at ThirdPartyApi.psc for further details about how to spawn stuff.

Thank you. I will admit to posting this post only after a superficial testing, having not had the time to research more into it or to read the api, but I'm hoping to have your feedback until I have more time to look into this:

- the command indeed spawns a collar, however taking it is considered stealing and the NPCs around attack me as soon as I pick it up

(I think there's a clearownership command, I'll have to look for it)

- more importantly, I don't know how to equip it on an NPC once I pick it up? Is equipitem <base id> enough, or will it equip a "basic" collar if I call the <base id>, without the throbbing mods? I am guessing you have built that function for a reason, instead of just additem <baseid>

TY

29 minutes ago, SAC said:

Thank you. I will admit to posting this post only after a superficial testing, having not had the time to research more into it or to read the api, but I'm hoping to have your feedback until I have more time to look into this:

- the command indeed spawns a collar, however taking it is considered stealing and the NPCs around attack me as soon as I pick it up

(I think there's a clearownership command, I'll have to look for it)

- more importantly, I don't know how to equip it on an NPC once I pick it up? Is equipitem <base id> enough, or will it equip a "basic" collar if I call the <base id>, without the throbbing mods? I am guessing you have built that function for a reason, instead of just additem <baseid>

TY

- I have never seen that happening (stealing), I will have to take a closer look. I have to admit that I have only done this in settlements up to now. Where did you do it?
- No, equipitem <baseid> will not work correctly. Try openactorcontainer 1 to open the inventory of a NPC and then equip it like you would on a follower. You will need a Shock Collar Remote Trigger to be able to trigger the collar, try HELP "Remote Trigger" 4 and then player.additem xy000902.

5 hours ago, MARODER007 said:

Will there be new types of locks and their combinations?

I am assuming you are talking about shock collars. At the moment, all shock collars have an electrically controlled lock that is opened and closed from the pip-boy terminal. I will probably add mods to replace it with a mechanical locks similar to what the handcuffs have at some time, but most probably not in 0.4.0.

12 minutes ago, Kharos said:

- I have never seen that happening (stealing), I will have to take a closer look. I have to admit that I have only done this in settlements up to now. Where did you do it?

Goodneighbor, Hotel Rexford

- No, equipitem <baseid> will not work correctly.

Thought so

Try openactorcontainer 1 to open the inventory of a NPC and then equip it like you would on a follower.

LOL, I have tried openactorcontainer, but I have forgotten about the "1" parameter :) 

You will need a Shock Collar Remote Trigger to be able to trigger the collar, try HELP "Remote Trigger" 4 and then player.additem xy000902.

Yep, got it.

Thank you!

... aaand, for some reason, scrolling through my inventory while openactorcointainer 1 causes a CTD, no idea why

Anyway. A function for equiping that thing onto NPCs would be most helpful. During "normal" gameplay (no console), how does the player equip NPCs with the collars?

15 minutes ago, SAC said:
29 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Goodneighbor, Hotel Rexford

Try it somewhere in the wilderness or in one of your settlements. If you do it in a cell where most placed objects are considered owned by the NPC inhabitants, then whatever you spawn there will also be owned by them and not free for the taking.