42 minutes ago, SAC said:

... aaand, for some reason, scrolling through my inventory while openactorcointainer 1 causes a CTD, no idea why

Not good. Is it reproducible? Does it happen when you do that in your pip-boy inventory menu, too?

A function for equiping that thing onto NPCs would be most helpful.

I did tell you to take a look at ThirdPartyApi.psc, right? There are functions to do that in there, you can use them instead of using CreateShockCollarWithModsCloseTo  and then manually equipping collars if you want.

During "normal" gameplay (no console), how does the player equip NPCs with the collars?

During "normal" gameplay, I am for now assuming that the player has access to the NPC inventory, for example because the NPC is a Just Business slave, or a follower, or part of a settlement. I am also hoping that other mods will start using the collars. One of the goals of Real Handcuffs is to serve as a framework mod that other mods can build upon.

So whenever I equip a shock collar to an NPC it closes the menu, tells me that an "unknown firmware" is detected, opens my pipboy and tells me:

Connected to: RobCo Shock Collar MkII

Tried with crafted and spawned collars, any idea? I kinda feel like I'm missing something (using the newest version of the mod btw).

12 minutes ago, SimsSims111 said:

So whenever I equip a shock collar to an NPC it closes the menu, tells me that an "unknown firmware" is detected, opens my pipboy and tells me:

Connected to: RobCo Shock Collar MkII

Tried with crafted and spawned collars, any idea? I kinda feel like I'm missing something (using the newest version of the mod btw).

Either the firmware mod slot of the collar is empty (something that is not supposed to happen), or something is wrong with the script that should recognize the type of the firmware mod.

• Where did you get the collar from? Crafted I assume you made yourself, what about spawned - from a trader?
  • When you look at the collar in details, what mods does it have?

I should also note:

I added 100 copies of Hacked Firmware Dump through the console.

Everything worked fine converting my shock collars to the hacked version at the armor bench.

It added to NPC with no problems by opening her inventory.

Poor Shannon got to be my guinea pig. On the Torture setting, twice an hour, down she goes.

3 hours ago, Kharos said:

I did tell you to take a look at ThirdPartyApi.psc, right? There are functions to do that in there, you can use them instead of using CreateShockCollarWithModsCloseTo  and then manually equipping collars if you want.

Yes, sir, so you have. I have looked through it now, I have successfully used CreateShockCollarWithModsEquipOnActor with either 8 and 9 parameters. I still don't get it, which one is the one supposed to give recurrent shocks? One seems to be shocking the victim 3 times in a row for one press of the trigger, the other one just one shock per trigger. What I was hoping for (maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions) was a collar giving recurrent shocks at a few seconds intervals once the trigger was... triggered, something like "trigger and forget"

6 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Either the firmware mod slot of the collar is empty (something that is not supposed to happen), or something is wrong with the script that should recognize the type of the firmware mod.

• Where did you get the collar from? Crafted I assume you made yourself, what about spawned - from a trader?
  • When you look at the collar in details, what mods does it have?

Crafted is selfmade (obviously) and has a firmware. The spawned ones I got via console (they also seemed to have firmware). I also changed the firmware around at an armor workbench (from MkII to Hacked and vice versa). I guess it may perhaps be something with my loadorder, havent tried around with that yet.

1 minute ago, SimsSims111 said:

Crafted is selfmade (obviously) and has a firmware. The spawned ones I got via console (they also seemed to have firmware). I also changed the firmware around at an armor workbench (from MkII to Hacked and vice versa). I guess it may perhaps be something with my loadorder, havent tried around with that yet.

Ok, so the mod firmware slot is not empty. The firmware should add keywords to the collar that are then detected by the script. No idea why this is not working.

• Try to reinstall the mod - make sure that there is no old version of the scripts or of the esp files. Also make sure that there is no old compatibility plugins. E.g. maybe you previously installed an old version including the DD compatibility plugin and did not install that plugin now, so the old version of that plugin is still being loaded?
  • If that does not help, enable papyrus logging, set papyrus log level to "Information" in the Debug MCM settings page; then reload the game, equip a collar on a NPC, and send me the resulting papyrus log file.
3 minutes ago, Kharos said:

Ok, so the mod firmware slot is not empty. The firmware should add keywords to the collar that are then detected by the script. No idea why this is not working.

• Try to reinstall the mod - make sure that there is no old version of the scripts or of the esp files. Also make sure that there is no old compatibility plugins. E.g. maybe you previously installed an old version including the DD compatibility plugin and did not install that plugin now, so the old version of that plugin is still being loaded?
  • If that does not help, enable papyrus logging, set papyrus log level to "Information" in the Debug MCM settings page; then reload the game, equip a collar on a NPC, and send me the resulting papyrus log file.

I had an old version installed and installed the new one with overwriting, I guess I will manually delete everything and re-install then (using a new save though). Also gonna check my loadorder while I am at it. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your time!

12 minutes ago, SAC said:

What I was hoping for (maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions) was a collar giving recurrent shocks at a few seconds intervals once the trigger was... triggered, something like "trigger and forget"

There is a "Torture Mode"  when you connect the pipboy to the collar. To get that interaction, you will need to open the inventory of the NPC and either equip or unequip the collar from the inventory. When you use the script, you do not get the interaction that allows you to connect the pipboy.

That "Torture Mode" triggers shocks regularly (it has settings from 6x/game hour up to 1x/6 game hours). So it is nothing like your idea. That idea is interesting, too, and I will add it to my list of ideas for the future :).

9 minutes ago, SimsSims111 said:

I had an old version installed and installed the new one with overwriting, I guess I will manually delete everything and re-install then (using a new save though). Also gonna check my loadorder while I am at it. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your time!

That is absolutely a supported scenario, I am doing it like that, too (overwrite reinstall and continue using the same save).

What mod manager are you using? If you are using ModOrganizer it should do everything correctly on reinstall. If you are using NMM, you may still have old scripts inside Data/Scripts/RealHandcuffs; the reason is that I changed the mod from using loose files to using .ba2 archives when I made the step from 0.3 to 0.4.

I am working on adding the collars to AAF Violate.  The goal here is to apply a collar to the player and companions, then give a remote trigger to their assailant.  The player will presumably flee from their assailant handcuffed and collared.  If the player returns and combat starts again, the assailant will shock the player with the remote.

The part where the collars get added works fine.  Adding the remote also works.  But I am not sure about a couple of things:

- I have an OnCombatStateChanged event that causes the actor with the remote to trigger it via "NpcFireRemoteTrigger".  That seems to work fine, but only if the collar is a normal shock collar.  If it is a "throbbing" collar the call to fire the trigger has no effect.

- The actor with the trigger keeps it equipped after the call to "NpcFireRemoteTrigger", and he appears to be "firing" it.  But the collar doesn't go off.  Is that expected - so that I have to script a "NPCFireRemoteTrigger" every time I want him to shock the player and/or companions?  If so that is OK, I just want to make sure it isn't a bug.

- Is there an easy way I can make the remote a long-range one?  Does the 512 unit range apply to NPCs triggering the collars?

37 minutes ago, Kharos said:

That is absolutely a supported scenario, I am doing it like that, too (overwrite reinstall and continue using the same save).

What mod manager are you using? If you are using ModOrganizer it should do everything correctly on reinstall. If you are using NMM, you may still have old scripts inside Data/Scripts/RealHandcuffs; the reason is that I changed the mod from using loose files to using .ba2 archives when I made the step from 0.3 to 0.4.

Not using any mod managers, I prefer installing manually. I indeed had the old scripts around as I didnt notice you changed their path. After deleting them everything works perfectly fine now. Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

I am working on adding the collars to AAF Violate.  The goal here is to apply a collar to the player and companions, then give a remote trigger to their assailant.  The player will presumably flee from their assailant handcuffed and collared.  If the player returns and combat starts again, the assailant will shock the player with the remote.

The part where the collars get added works fine.  Adding the remote also works.  But I am not sure about a couple of things:

- I have an OnCombatStateChanged event that causes the actor with the remote to trigger it via "NpcFireRemoteTrigger".  That seems to work fine, but only if the collar is a normal shock collar.  If it is a "throbbing" collar the call to fire the trigger has no effect.

- The actor with the trigger keeps it equipped after the call to "NpcFireRemoteTrigger", and he appears to be "firing" it.  But the collar doesn't go off.  Is that expected - so that I have to script a "NPCFireRemoteTrigger" every time I want him to shock the player and/or companions?  If so that is OK, I just want to make sure it isn't a bug.

- Is there an easy way I can make the remote a long-range one?  Does the 512 unit range apply to NPCs triggering the collars?

The collar should go off when the NPC fires the trigger. You should not need to script an additional trigger. But the range of the default remote is rather short (512 units as you mentioned correctly). It does not matter whether the collar is triggered by a NPC or by the player, the same mechanism is used for both. There should also be no difference between throbbing and normal.

It is possible that your problems are caused by randomly being in range or not in range of the transmitter. For testing, can you change the range in RH_RemoteTriggerStandardActivator to see if it works? This is Activator form 0xXY000901, change the value of the Range property of the RealHandcuffs:RemoteTriggerActivator from 512 to a large value (can easily be done in FO4Edit). If it does still not work with the modified range then I will need to retest again.

There is unfortunately no way to easily spawn a remote with the long range mod, as I forgot to add a function that allows spawning remote triggers with mods. I will add it in the next version.

Edit: When you call "NpcFireRemoteTrigger" the actor should equip the trigger, fire it, and then switch back to the weapon they had before. But I concur that I did not test this very well, so maybe they are keeping the trigger instead. If so then this is bad, as far as I know the default combat AI has no idea about how to use the trigger. I will test that, too, and try to fix it if necessary.

Ok, I think I managed to explore the new collar. Looks cool with the numbers.

Silly question, whose answer I probably should've figured out already: how do we remove a collar with the Lockout engaged? Timed lock? Is it different on the Hacked one?

19 hours ago, Viri1 said:

Ok, I think I managed to explore the new collar. Looks cool with the numbers.

Silly question, whose answer I probably should've figured out already: how do we remove a collar with the Lockout engaged? Timed lock? Is it different on the Hacked one?

The lockout is temporary, it should take about 3 hours to reset.

[Edit: Game hours, not real hours.]

On 10/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, EgoBallistic said:

The actor with the trigger keeps it equipped after the call to "NpcFireRemoteTrigger", and he appears to be "firing" it.

I can confirm that bug (the actor does not switch back to the weapon they originally had), I am fixing that for the next update, too.

Alright sooo the problem candytime was having back in September I am having now. Friend told me about RH figured I'd check it out.

Every time I've tried to run it, it is broken. MCM menu comes up blank other than debug settings (set those to info). The 0.4.6 that I tried didn't have the PEX files, tried the 0.3.2 which does. Have verified files, reinstalled F4SE, reinstalled the game entirely. Tried swapping between Vortex and MO2 for mod installation/maintenance. Tried stripping down to just F4SE, MCM, and RH, nothing else other than core expansions. Nothing. Attached is the Papyrus log for the freshly installed only F4SE, MCM, and RH run.

Papyrus.0.log

26 minutes ago, SRckt98 said:

Alright sooo the problem candytime was having back in September I am having now. Friend told me about RH figured I'd check it out.

Every time I've tried to run it, it is broken. MCM menu comes up blank other than debug settings (set those to info). The 0.4.6 that I tried didn't have the PEX files, tried the 0.3.2 which does. Have verified files, reinstalled F4SE, reinstalled the game entirely. Tried swapping between Vortex and MO2 for mod installation/maintenance. Tried stripping down to just F4SE, MCM, and RH, nothing else other than core expansions. Nothing. Attached is the Papyrus log for the freshly installed only F4SE, MCM, and RH run.

Papyrus.0.log 163.61 kB · 0 downloads

Your system is a sick puppy.

The .pex files are bundled in the .ba2 archive. Any loose files from earlier versions have to be deleted. If you see any RH .pex files in your game directory - get rid of them.

And yes, Real Handcuffs 0.4 Beta 6 works just fine, MCM and all.

I dont want to sound ungratefull or something, but what the hell happened to this mod?
I leave Fallout 4 for a few days, and when i get back, the nice tiny functional mod turned into a humongous bloatware consisting of 40+ scripts???
What have i missed? does it now come with a major quest line? can it cook me a dinner, make me a coffee, and jerk me off at the same time?
...seriously, isn't this getting a bit out of hand? :)

(how about splitting it into whatever it is now, and a lite version with just basic handcuffs functionality?)

13 hours ago, SRckt98 said:

Papyrus.0.log 163.61 kB · 2 downloads

Did you remember to enable loading of loose files when you reinstalled the game? I am talking about the following config file entries:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Without these the game will use the vanilla scripts instead of the F4SE scripts, leading to a lot of broken stuff.