Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 4/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, akatuki1111 said:

It is a pity that none of the mods work in the Japanese version.

Well, since there is a japanese in the forum, I have to ask.

I discovered that the game has a secret option called "underwear_variation" that is apparently the equivalent to DOA5LR detail select. And I discovered alternative panties for Honoka and Marie Rose in the game files, for some of their costumes. The thing exists in the game and is referenced by both the exe and script files, but the UI just doesn't expose the option.

Do the japanese version of the game allows to change panties color in the character selection screen? (only panties, not the costume color).

I just want to know if this is something that has been censored in the west, or if it is something that they plan to implement in the future (or if they just were lazy to do the UI part)

7 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Do the japanese version of the game allows to change panties color in the character selection screen? (only panties, not the costume color).

I just want to know if this is something that has been censored in the west, or if it is something that they plan to implement in the future (or if they just were lazy to do the UI part)

You can actually select the alternate panties by pressing square, triangle or R2 (each gives a different panty, effect is clearer on Marie rose) on the western ps4 version at the costume selection screen before a match, same can be done in the pc version.

Just now, ScourgeOfSouls said:

You can actually select the alternate panties by pressing square, triangle or R1 (each gives a different panty, effect is clearer on Marie rose) on the western ps4 version at the costume selection screen before a match, same can be done in the pc version.

Thanks, I missed that. I mean, it is not clear at all in the UI.

12 hours ago, tantrave said:
  Hide contents

I have no skill in drawing nipples.

I want someone to draw.

LIS_COS_002.g1m 3.17 MB · 51 downloads

20190426115240_1.jpg.8e747da58601c51f2fd9ebddd3c57766.jpg

20190426115248_1.jpg.b51d475daf3dfed775dc2d9b60507823.jpg

20190426115252_1.jpg.66d354731e5159b33443cc7c3a1d201b.jpg

This is a great mod. I notice that when she recieves a costume break, she is wearing the costume. Does this mean that it would be possible to start with the full costume and then get the topless version when "broken"? That would be a great way to play.

EDIT: Just worked out how to do it. Rename the mod file to LIS_COS_002a.g1m.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:50 PM, vagonumero13 said:

Apparently, they have begun working on Mai. This string wasn't there before:

Hide contents

1.png.c84f1bad51ccd559add6754c25815013.png

No info yet for the second KOF character. They call it "SNK" (name of the company...) according to one of those encrypted script files they have in the numeric folders:

Hide contents

2.png.2de81c7a3480ee7c7b659fff7bd66ba4.png

Is this referred to version 1.04a?

I already knew the 2nd character was marked as "SNK" (because it was there also in 1.03), but i thought in this update, it could be revealed.

So Mai and 2nd character will be in update 1.06 and the update 1.05 must have something... i hope...

18 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

Is this referred to version 1.04a?

I already knew the 2nd character was marked as "SNK" (because it was there also in 1.03), but i thought in this update, it could be revealed.

So Mai and 2nd character will be in update 1.06 and the update 1.05 must have something... i hope...

Yeah, I checked this on version 1.04a. The SNK was there before, but that RTRIG_MAI_COS_000 thing is new in this version of the exe, which i guess it means the real work on the character has been started recently.

I have a question for those of you who are editing the dds files in Photoshop.

When saving, what settings should I be using?

I'm just changing colors of a costume is all

save-settings.png.e965a32b51d0824e353037dd8124c2ba.png

It doesn't save properly if I use anything other than this. And saving using these settings make it compressed and looks bad

7 hours ago, vagonumero13 said:

Well, since there is a japanese in the forum, I have to ask.

I discovered that the game has a secret option called "underwear_variation" that is apparently the equivalent to DOA5LR detail select. And I discovered alternative panties for Honoka and Marie Rose in the game files, for some of their costumes. The thing exists in the game and is referenced by both the exe and script files, but the UI just doesn't expose the option.

The color of the pants can not be changed at this time.
I hear that I can change it later.
16 minutes ago, Yawаruma said:

I don't like to be rude, but all of the information you are asking for is elsewhere in this thread already. It does not need to be repeated over and over in multiple posts every time somebody asks. If you can't figure it out by going back through the thread, which is not that long, I suggest waiting until people have all-in-one packs along with instructions.

Right, my bad. I should've stated that I've gone through the thread and read the posts concerning this.

The files I'm editing are DXT1.dds files and I'm just wondering if I'm using the correct settings or not, because of how it gets compressed the colors end up looking bad. Like how black ends up turning green.

49 minutes ago, FlailingBoar said:

Right, my bad. I should've stated that I've gone through the thread and read the posts concerning this.

The files I'm editing are DXT1.dds files and I'm just wondering if I'm using the correct settings or not, because of how it gets compressed the colors end up looking bad. Like how black ends up turning green.

If the original texture used DXT1, use DXT1 to export. As the Intel plugin doesn't allow to save in DXT1, use the Nvidia plugin. Nvidia for DXT*, Intel for the BC* format. It is a good idea to use the same format of origin as to avoid any overhead. Your file size when saving should be either same size or only slightly bigger than the original file, if you use same format.

If the original texture had alpha, make sure to save in format tha allows alpha.

1 hour ago, vagonumero13 said:

If the original texture used DXT1, use DXT1 to export. As the Intel plugin doesn't allow to save in DXT1, use the Nvidia plugin. Nvidia for DXT*, Intel for the BC* format. It is a good idea to use the same format of origin as to avoid any overhead. Your file size when saving should be either same size or only slightly bigger than the original file, if you use same format.

If the original texture had alpha, make sure to save in format tha allows alpha.

Thank you, that helped!

Spoiler

838380_20190426185127_1.png.805a4c9d3311eaa377632970fe34f9c5.png

Thanks for the great tools and information shared by @ausgeek and @vagonumero13 . I can do a little bit more than cutting skirts. Here are my trials on replacing pants with legs. 

The bone weight is not polished, so you may see a gap at some place.  To install, just unzip the folders in your REDELBE's layers folder.

I thought replacing pants with body part will need to import the modified vgmap like @ausgeek did, but for the four cases here, it only works without the importing vgmap step. @vagonumero13 , is that because you have put the step in your updated g1mtools? 

@SaafRats, Thank you so much for introducing me to the informative discussions.   

Lei_Htm02.png

Lei_Htm02_2.png

HEL_KOK.png

fgCut_v1.zip