Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

the more i try to play the doa6 story mode, the more frustrated i get. why the hell couldn't they keep it the way it was in doa5? why do i have to keep jumping randomly between storylines? why do i have to wait around so much for god damn cutscenes to load

It seriously pisses me off, because the normal gameplay is good, but the story mode doesn't seem to open anything good (or if it does, it's not letting me know about it), which makes playing it also feel unrewarding on top of just being infuriating to navigate.

can you do something about this?

7 hours ago, Aurora Rain said:

No, it's the latest feature for REDELBE, where we can have costumes selectable in another layer of slots.

Now I understand. Thank. This word was written with a capital letter, and I thought that this might be the name of a new program.

4 minutes ago, blutoblutarsky said:

Thank you very much. I had the three but was missing Kasumi and was unaware of a Marie rose mods existence. It seems that these are now collectors items. It is a damn shame some piece of trash ran a modder who did very great work off the site.

To be blunt, the MR mod was not quite as good as another deleted one from a couple weeks ago. I just reuploaded that better one. I do not understand why anyone would erase their mods, the only explanations I can come up with are either the people leaving are very panicky when being called names on the internet (which is stupid), or the people are leaving because the names they are being called hit too close to home (which would be really, really bad). I will choose to assume they're just scared of name calling goobers and keep their work available!

I am sure a lot of very talented modelers and modders and texture artists are slowly working on amazing stuff, but in the mean time, these folks made some really cool stuff that people anxious for DOA6 content are certain to love. Hopefully people who decide to leave us in the future can understand that and don't erase their entire bodies of work in the process.

11 minutes ago, blutoblutarsky said:

Yeah you are right. Just bored and can’t sleep. 

I should have have been reading the tools section instead to look up how to move meshes for this game in and out of blender so I can remove that fucking red facemask on kasumis dlc outfit. 

The mask is actually part of the "face" part of the model.

You can remove her mask with a Layer2 mod, that only has this mod.ini (no need of Material/Character):

;;;;;;;;

[Costume]

slot=KAS_COS_007

[Face]

slot = KAS_FACE_008

work = KAS_FACE_001

;;;;;;;;;;;

That will redirect the mask face to her normal face.

33 minutes ago, Fahren said:

These mods are insane ! But is there a way to activate them only when you receive a fatal strike and destroy or break the costume. Like this you start the fight with normal outfit and when it's destroyed you have the topless mods. Is it possible ?

I believe it'a possible for the costumes that have destructible clothes files. Maybe, I don't know.

41 minutes ago, FlailingBoar said:

I believe it'a possible for the costumes that have destructible clothes files. Maybe, I don't know.

Ok. Yes I'm pretty sure it could be possible to mod the destructibles outfit but dont know how to apply the mod only when it's broken. If it's not possible I hope some skilled modder will do that. It will be great.

15 minutes ago, Fahren said:

Ok. Yes I'm pretty sure it could be possible to mod the destructibles outfit but dont know how to apply the mod only when it's broken. If it's not possible I hope some skilled modder will do that. It will be great.

There is a process, but it can't be freely applied to all costumes atm. For example, it can be applied to Honoka Deluxe, but it can't be applied to Hitomi Deluxe and Leifang Deluxe. I will look at Kasumi and Marie Rose in the future.

I attached the Honoka version (again, the credits for the mesh and texture are for leave.me.alone).

This one is a Layer2 mod working in slots 7-9 (as it needs a destructible slot to work with).

Edit: preview video:

Honoka Deluxe Breakable to Topless (in slot 7-9).zip

28 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

There is a process, but it can't be freely applied to all costumes atm. For example, it can be applied to Honoka Deluxe, but it can't be applied to Hitomi Deluxe and Leifang Deluxe. I will look at Kasumi and Marie Rose in the future.

I attached the Honoka version (again, the credits for the mesh and texture are for leave.me.alone).

This one is a Layer2 mod working in slots 7-9 (as it needs a destructible slot to work with).

Edit: preview video:

Honoka Deluxe Breakable to Topless (in slot 7-9).zip 3.71 MB · 13 downloads

Woooow thank you so much !!  But i can't get it to work. I put the charecter and materiel folder in Layer 2. I selected the deluxe costume on slot 7 but it doesnt break. i missed something but dont know what exactly.

6 minutes ago, Fahren said:

Woooow thank you so much !!  But i can't get it to work. I put the charecter and materiel folder in Layer 2. I selected the deluxe costume on slot 7 but it doesnt break. i missed something but dont know what exactly.

Merge the REDELBE folder of the mod with the REDELBE folder. Did you select her with the F key (or back/select controller button) in slots 7-9? (slot 7 is the costume with the cow drawing in her chest).

20 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

Merge the REDELBE folder of the mod with the REDELBE folder. Did you select her with the F key (or back/select controller button) in slots 7-9? (slot 7 is the costume with the cow drawing in her chest).

Ok, so I merged the REDLBE folder of the mod in the REDELBE folfer  of the game, so I have the Character folder, the material folfer and the file "mod.ini" in this :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\REDELBE\Layer2\Honoka Deluxe Breakable to Topless (in slot 7-9)

i have in the mod.ini :

[Costume]
slot = HON_COS_004 

In game, I put the deluxe costume on the slot 7. I select it with RB and LB (Xbox one controller) and I have only 2 outfits to chose. I chose the deluxe one.

In practical mode when I got fatal strike it doent brake.

Sorry if I miss smoething, I'm pretty newbie in all of that

EDIT : I didnt select costume with the cow,  i will give it a try

8 minutes ago, Fahren said:

Ok, so I merged the REDLBE folder of the mod in the REDELBE folfer  of the game, so I have the Character folder, the material folfer and the file "mod.ini" in this :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6\REDELBE\Layer2\Honoka Deluxe Breakable to Topless (in slot 7-9)

i have in the mod.ini :

[Costume]
slot = HON_COS_004 

In game, I put the deluxe costume on the slot 7. I select it with RB and LB (Xbox one controller) and I have only 2 outfits to chose. I chose the deluxe one.

In practical mode when I got fatal strike it doent brake.

Sorry if I miss smoething, I'm pretty newbie in all of that

You have to select the costume with the cow. Then press the Back button of the Xbox controller (not LB/RB), and you will see it changes to the deluxe one. That one is breakable.

15 minutes ago, vagonumero13 said:

You have to select the costume with the cow. Then press the Back button of the Xbox controller (not LB/RB), and you will see it changes to the deluxe one. That one is breakable.

Ok super ! , it's a bit complicated but it worked ! I didnt know that back button can switch to other costumes. Thank you very much :)

Another question Why do we have to select the costume with the cow do get it work ? Is it possible by selecting the deluxe one ?

4 minutes ago, Fahren said:

Ok super ! , it's a bit complicated but it worked ! I didnt know that back button can switch to other costumes. Thank you very much :)

Another question Why do we have to select the costume with the cow do get it work ? Is it possible by selecting the deluxe one ?

It is because the cow costume has destruction (all the slots you see with a "red star" in the icon are destructible). Currently this trick requires the slot it works in to have destruction.