3 hours ago, Eisenhardt said:

I just want to add, I think REDFACTION is great, and TITAN will be epic. I'm glad you want to advocate for him, but dude, you're coming off a bit rude, and you make people want to NOT donate and support him. Keep advocating for this project, but please find a better way to do so.

Thank you for all of your work! I'm excited to try it, whenever you have a playable release.

Out of curiosity: do you have plans to have a nudism/exhibitionism system similar to Wicked Whims? I understand if not, I'm just curious about whether this will someday (no rush) replace Wicked Whims for me.

1 hour ago, Eisenhardt said:

Did you ever see such a good project presentation on this forum ?

So if I can't mod a thing to save my life, not even change a filename, but I make a good presentation, you'll give me money? Why didn't you say so earlier. I know how to use pretty fonts and colors. I'll come up with an idea, promise it will come true, and throw some images in. I may even drop a couple of big fancy words. All this time, I thought people supported the products on Patreon, not how pretty they looked. Boy, do I feel stupid.

19 hours ago, Eisenhardt said:

You think he can live with $200 a month ?
He said he was a project manager. I let you google how much does a project manager earn a month in a city like Paris. Now you know why we never have such professionnals like him around.
We should join our forces to get this gemstone and instead of that you are trying to bargain it like a rag in a junk shop.
“No candy no shiny”, yeah sure. Since the opening of the thread all the posts have been nothing else than doubts, doubts and doubts.
“We want to see previews”
Then “We want to see in-game previews”
Then “We want to see alpha version”
You are not going to support him. You are just hanging to this thread waiting to grab free stuff.
Some of you are even on a well known thread of another website where people steal creators work and share it for free. Not only they steal their work, but they openly laugh at them and insult them of being greedy. “Greedy”, this is the word you used right ?

“Patreon will still be a greed site, Patreon creators will still be greed people, we don't need to write a book about that, we will keep leaking their stuff, and that's it.”

“I made it very clear that I was going to leak Red's mod”

To all the people who are genually interested in REDFACTION’s work, think how REDFACTION feels when reading this after having worked for a whole year.
It’s like you put a lot of effort to do something, and when you finally reveal it, people spit on you and say they are going to steal your work because you are greedy and you don’t deserve $200 to live.

The day he will take a job back because of that, be adult and responsible.

Yeah uhmmm have you been supporting any The Sims 4 creator on Patreon?

What happened to me is that I paid good money for requests that never got delivered, by newbies and veterans as well.

I like what Redfaction is introducing. I also like his name.
I'm all for support on Patreon. Creators deserve to be supported for their hard work! Period. But I want to support people I can trust.

People already know me around here, and they know I can support a lot of money for the right reasons.

But, again, "for the right reasons". 

If I'll have good reasons for supporting Redfaction, I'll do it. I don't need you telling me to do that.

Also I don't know why you're getting worked up so much, even stating "if he has a wife and kids" (which is a strong "if" btw, he never stated that).

It's not like you're personally involved.

You're not doing him any favours, at all. You're just creating controversy and damaging his page.

@Eisenhardt We're not against supporting Red. I think his concept is fascinating and much we're excited to play a mod of this caliber. But many of us are careful when supporting a project monetarily, so far Redfaction gave us a beautiful presentation of his project, but let's be honest. He hasn't given us a demo that encourages us to grow the project. It doesn't have to be perfect or completely polished.

Looking at the little disagreement everyone is having. I can certainly understand all sides here. On the one hand, you've got strong advocates for the project and want the project to be supported now, on the other, you've got people who are cautious or waiting until they can do something with it first. Both are completely within their rights, and I don't see either side as more right than the other. I certainly see the potential in this, and I think it deserves support if Redfaction can deliver, he's showing us the work he's done to prove that it's not just all empty words, it would be different if it was just all text and no previews of it actually working in game, so some of the more extreme examples of people saying "I may as well start a thread and get gullible people to pay me and I'll promise them a sex mod" don't really make sense.
I can see why people are holding off and/or being skeptical. Supporting and investing in something is a risk, no matter what, you're giving money to someone and in return, all you get is maybe a thank you and the hope that it's successful. They don't know the person personally, they've got no impression on if they will keep their word, and their impressions of investing in something might be negative, I mean have a look at kickstarter and look at all the games that have been kickstarted and either failed, or the developers betrayed their backers.
At the end of the day, either you are going to support it or not, you either are absolutely in favour of supporting the project because you trust the person will deliver eventually on their promises, or you are holding off until you can experience an alpha version for yourself, or... you just don't like the idea of investing your own money in something for whatever reason either distrust of the person, impressions of kickstarter and other similar ventures, or it's general disagreement in supporting mod creators with money altogether. Whatever the reason, it's gonna be very hard to change someone's view in a post on a thread on an adult game mod forum.

I myself fall midway between believing in the creator will deliver and liking what I see and holding off until I can test an alpha for myself. And that just means I'm not going to pledge a heap of money, but I'll give you enough for the coffee to keep you awake.

14 hours ago, Eisenhardt said:

I have been supporting projects on kickstarter for the past 10 years.
This is typical of the project where everyone wants it but the support is low.
This kind of creator usually doesn’t spend time doing NSFW content because they already have a well paid job.
In some circumstances (such as REDFACTION being jobless) such people may try to achieve a project like that and call for support to the community.
Did you ever see such a good project presentation on this forum ?
No, this happens once in a decade.
People have to make the difference between the casual modder and such person.
Thinking he will continue to mod once he will have found a job is a mistake.
If it took him one year to achieve 50% of the work while working on it at full time, don’t expect anything from him if he’s already working 10 hours a day for his new job, especially if he has a wife and maybe children to take care of.
When REDFACTION is saying he will continue working on it whatever the support, he is just being nice.
I’m making sure everyone is well aware of this recurring reality.
This project can pop out as fast as it popped.
Give it a chance or don’t. As you said, it is your choice. Make sure to do the good one.

Do you think RedFaction being a project manager couldn't figure out the risks and approximate income?

He has a great promising project, but he doesn’t have anything that people could try, there are no animators who will make animations for his project, and his policy is to give everything for free, I respect his choice in this, but it will also reduce income. The number of views is also not large.

When RedFaction release first version, animators will appear, that's when fame and donates will get into geometric progression. 

Good thing he's not here in this discussion, right? Pretty sure he's making a demo so we can believe the project, yes sir! I'm sure he would not lose time being aggressive asking for money while hiding behind another username... Right? Right?!?

14 hours ago, R-Lo said:

When looking at a presentation on a site that bears no affiliation to anything official on the net, you have absolutely no guarantee on who you are actually talking with,

For all I know I could be chatting with REDFACTION right now,

You seem a bit personally involved in this and it's almost too coincidental that you joined the day before he went silent and your posting nothing but pushing this mod,

That is exactly what i was thinking.

5 hours ago, SlashUC said:

Good thing he's not here in this discussion, right? Pretty sure he's making a demo so we can believe the project, yes sir! I'm sure he would not lose time being aggressive asking for money while hiding behind another username... Right? Right?!?

The internet is full of sanctimonious bystanders waiting for a chance to charge into any thread and lecture others. There's really no reason to think that dude is RedFaction, especially since he apparently hasn't even looked at RedFaction's posts. Specifically, the post where he states in no uncertain terms that he sees modding as a hobby rather than a job, and refuses to even offer bonuses for patrons.

This whole discussion is ridiculous, and I just hope that Red doesn't find it demoralizing. ><;

16 minutes ago, shar181 said:

The internet is full of sanctimonious bystanders waiting for a chance to charge into any thread and lecture others. There's really no reason to think that dude is RedFaction, especially since he apparently hasn't even looked at RedFaction's posts. Specifically, the post where he states in no uncertain terms that he sees modding as a hobby rather than a job, and refuses to even offer bonuses for patrons.

This whole discussion is ridiculous, and I just hope that Red doesn't find it demoralizing. ><;

The Internet is bigger than LL, 

This person is shooting people down here for words that were exchanged on two other sites, 

It's a little strange how someone would quote people from a back alley site from a convo that took place last week while apparently not being a member here for very long and not knowing where to find Redfaction thread or what the gif was from, 

How would someone see posts and quote a dispute while not knowing what it was related too? 

The fact is that Redfaction went looking for donators at a couple of sites related to taking down Patreon mods. 

He was asked/told to stop. 

He didn't take it well. 

End of story. 

Now this person wants to attack people here at LL for that? 

That's what is ridiculous. 

And very strange to come out of the blue with "sooooo I guess this is dead" attitude, 

4 minutes ago, R-Lo said:

The fact is that Redfaction went looking for donators at a couple of sites related to taking down Patreon mods. 

He was asked/told to stop. 

He didn't take it well. 

End of story. 

Wait, hold up, what? When did this happen? Do you have any links or screenshots? How'd you find out about this? If this is true, then my hopes for this mod ever coming to fruition just went down the toilet.

Also, yeah, giving someone money for something that isn't even readily available is stupid.

7 minutes ago, porkybork said:

Wait, hold up, what? When did this happen? Do you have any links or screenshots? How'd you find out about this? If this is true, then my hopes for this mod ever coming to fruition just went down the toilet.

Also, yeah, giving someone money for something that isn't even readily available is stupid.

It's tough to link back, it was a chat on a discord channel, 

I don't think it changed anything here, 

He just just said farewell and left that forum ?

I don't think he's gonna drop it all if he's come this far

I've been following this for a while now but only today did I take the time to actually fully read it and watch the videos. Good god man! This is brilliant! made for sex or not this is some fantastic work in animating and the whole physics of the sim. I don't know much about the subject but can't wait for it to be released! :)

On 4/15/2019 at 8:08 AM, Eisenhardt said:

You think he can live with $200 a month ?
He said he was a project manager. I let you google how much does a project manager earn a month in a city like Paris. Now you know why we never have such professionnals like him around.
We should join our forces to get this gemstone and instead of that you are trying to bargain it like a rag in a junk shop.
“No candy no shiny”, yeah sure. Since the opening of the thread all the posts have been nothing else than doubts, doubts and doubts.
“We want to see previews”
Then “We want to see in-game previews”
Then “We want to see alpha version”
You are not going to support him. You are just hanging to this thread waiting to grab free stuff.
Some of you are even on a well known thread of another website where people steal creators work and share it for free. Not only they steal their work, but they openly laugh at them and insult them of being greedy. “Greedy”, this is the word you used right ?

“Patreon will still be a greed site, Patreon creators will still be greed people, we don't need to write a book about that, we will keep leaking their stuff, and that's it.”

“I made it very clear that I was going to leak Red's mod”

To all the people who are genually interested in REDFACTION’s work, think how REDFACTION feels when reading this after having worked for a whole year.
It’s like you put a lot of effort to do something, and when you finally reveal it, people spit on you and say they are going to steal your work because you are greedy and you don’t deserve $200 to live.

The day he will take a job back because of that, be adult and responsible.

I understand your passion for this amazing mod but if Titan has a problem they will say so. Nobody this competent needs a narrator, they are capable of defending themselves and saying what they want from THEIR fans. If you want to support then do so but STOP antagonizing people and scolding them! Titan is amazing we are all so captivated by this amazing creation, however when they feel any kind of way THEY WILL BE THE ONES TO TELL US BECAUSE WE ARE "TITAN" SUPPORTERS. You seriously should read the forums again because the very thing you are ranting about and pressuring people for TITAN HAS ALREADY ADDRESSED!