What really makes you happy?

On 8/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, gregathit said:

This is the mentality of fear that we need to break

You learn not to fear them if you've done nothing wrong. If you have done something wrong, then don't fuck around and be a wise-ass. You play it cool. What I've learned anyway. I've seen people around me just lose their fucking mind when they think they might be arrested and I just tell them to shut the fuck up and be cool since I don't want to make things any worse than they have to be. I've actually been surprised and walked a few times when I was sure I wouldn't.

46 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You learn not to fear them if you've done nothing wrong. If you have done something wrong, then don't fuck around and be a wise-ass. You play it cool. What I've learned anyway. I've seen people around me just lose their fucking mind when they think they might be arrested and I just tell them to shut the fuck up and be cool since I don't want to make things any worse than they have to be. I've actually been surprised and walked a few times when I was sure I wouldn't.

I don't mean me.  The video was about a child being afraid of the police.  This is the mentality of fear that we as adults need to break in kids/teens.  Between the media, a particular political party and schools preaching this bullshit, we have a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

I don't mean me.  The video was about a child being afraid of the police.  This is the mentality of fear that we as adults need to break in kids/teens.  Between the media, a particular political party and schools preaching this bullshit, we have a lot of work to do.

Yeah, I get you and it was a good show by them. But, that fear of cops in people really never goes away is what I'm sayin. A person with a badge, a gun, a partner, a means to call more like him, is enough to make some people very, very nervous. And they should be as that's the whole point. The fact that so many of these rioters don't fear cops anymore (or fear them less anyway) is unsettling.

5 hours ago, gregathit said:

why would you ever fear cops?

Uh.... because most people ain't squeaky clean? Just a guess. Some cops sure as hell aren't either. Needless to say they may or may not have your "safety" in mind as one their priorities when coming for you. Guy I knew from school became a cop down here, came to see me and told me he couldn't wait to fuck somebody up. He ended up shooting an unarmed man later and walked because of his dad.

So, not saying people should fear cops (though they would prefer that I think). But, there's certainly good reason to not trust them and forgive me if I don't tear up when things aren't going their way. I do feel bad for the people they're supposed to be protecting though.

Anyway, I'll stop bothering you on anything for a good while. Cheers. :beer:

5 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

If you kept the same randomization seed for each run, there would be some sort of pattern.

But, if you replaced the seed each time and derived the new seed from something like system time date + milliseconds, you would get fully random numbers with no pattern for infinity.

Didn't think of it that way.

>What makes you happy??

Absolute failure of Mulan because its another vapid woke shitty movie with completely toxic message and another Mary Sue female protag. Not even China bribing people left and right can save it. I love it ❤️

Oh and Netflix is in some hot water over Cuties which warms my heart.

3 hours ago, Canaris said:

>What makes you happy??

Absolute failure of Mulan because its another vapid woke shitty movie with completely toxic message and another Mary Sue female protag. Not even China bribing people left and right can save it. I love it ❤️

Oh and Netflix is in some hot water over Cuties which warms my heart.

Shame, they had lots of options and opportunities for Mulan to make it very good (and perhaps even touch some of the check list all the SJWs hit on ... except with actual quality writing! Which is a unicorn in the fucking world now) 

Netflix is in hot water for sexualizing 11 year olds in an advertisement for a film that is discussing that very thing.... Talking about being stupid. They deserve what they get on this. Shame of it is, many will tune in just because of the scandal and some will tune in because of the "content" now due to the advertisement.  I am 100% sure those in power know exactly what they did and did it on purpose. Too many eyes are being focused on this now due to this bullshit.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Shame, they had lots of options and opportunities for Mulan to make it very good (and perhaps even touch some of the check list all the SJWs hit on ... except with actual quality writing! Which is a unicorn in the fucking world now) 

Netflix is in hot water for sexualizing 11 year olds in an advertisement for a film that is discussing that very thing.... Talking about being stupid. They deserve what they get on this. Shame of it is, many will tune in just because of the scandal and some will tune in because of the "content" now due to the advertisement.  I am 100% sure those in power know exactly what they did and did it on purpose. Too many eyes are being focused on this now due to this bullshit.

The funniest thing about the Cuties controversy is how the knee-jerk defenders tried to use it to sow more political division only for even avowed Marxists on Twitter to denounce Netflix, proving that this is bringing people from all over the political spectrum together for a common cause.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Eh. I liked it about as much as the original. Never saw the commercial. 

The styling of the original is either a hit or a miss. Me? I'm surprised that those horses could carry their own body weight I mean they're basically a cow with a horse face and toothpick legs. I mean look at those legs. They're like the muscles of a teenager with a muscle disorder. And it must be one of those Skyrim brand horses because how else is it going to swim through an avalanche?

Spoiler

mulan-avalanche.jpg

Shame on Disney for suggesting bathing is a woman thing rather than a cleanliness thing. For both movies the gender roles of the time seem about right. The latest one is not without its flaws. For one I miss those musical numbers."I'll make a man out of youuuuu~"

What do you think?

7 hours ago, Canaris said:

>What makes you happy??

It is difficult to say whether or not the movie really qualifies as 'woke' since there is little that the presumed target audience can identify with in the protagonist other than her gender. She gets where she ends up due to being extremely gifted naturally rather than clever and determined.

Possibly one of the only things wrong in this video is the use of the label 'Mary Sue' as that label refers to new female characters introduced into a preexisting series who disregards or outright breaks many if not all of the pre-established rules of the franchise related to competence and capability of characters in the setting. The same main character given a tweak in a remake is not the same thing as a late series addition who clashes horribly with everything in the setting.

That is why Lina Inverse is not seen as a Mary Sue even though she is likely more powerful than Rey from the new Star Wars trilogy.

It is also because of other characters' reactions to Lina which definitely do not fall into either blind acceptance/adoration or reluctance to see how great they are which only lasts until the Mary Sue shows that character how great she is.