Do You Dance?!

- We danced at our wedding.

- No, that's not dancing. That's you shuffling your feet around while you grab my butt.

Spoiler

I spent enough hours on stage playing for drunks that I knew I'd NEVER be a dancer....  But every now and then we'd get a proper show.

I used to until the lockdown and lot of studios and businesses closed down (well I still dance on my own at home). I was an ATS (American Tribal Style) Belly Dance that was a sister studio of Fat Chance Belly Dance, the original ATS dancers. At home, I practice different styles. One of my favorites was Belly Dance for Beautiful Freaks. Basically how to dance fusion belly dance at goth clubs, etc...

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, submissive miss tris said:

i wish i could dance, but i'm way to self conscious... i hope one of my partners is up to teaching me one day. would be so romantic BUT i'd likely step on their toes aaaaaaa

Ouch Ouch Ouch :classic_laugh:

Spoiler

58793273-h-720.jpg58793278-h-720.jpg

On 2/24/2019 at 5:54 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

I would swear the guy in the Mime mask at 1:56 is TSC

On 2/27/2019 at 1:45 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

As is the guy on the escalator at 0:15

As for shuffling, I "grew up" in the late 80's early 90 so Shuffling was my thing, A'la Keith Flint (R.I,P.) and Leeroy Thornhill. Although we didn't call it that then, don't recall it ever having a name until LMFAO.

I  bring up TSC because of his early style being somewhere between Shuffling and Tecktonik. Like you genespliced Leeroy and Vavan then sent him back to the 20's which sort of linked in with Whiny's post

Anyway, this is one of TSC's early (maybe first) dance video. He got better, slicker and a better apartment later :D

Do I dance now? Hell no, too old. My Shuffling is less about dancing these days and more about how I just get about ;)

As for dance videos, I'll happily watch anything that involves Jade Chynoweth.

Case in point.

2 hours ago, winny257 said:

dance the 20s, knows today almost no one more. :classic_wink:

Different style for a vastly different era. Music changed along with everything else. I still remember taking square dancing lessons in grade school. Seems to be a thing in China now.

Not exactly what I was learning, but it works for me.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Different style for a vastly different era. Music changed along with everything else. I still remember taking square dancing lessons in grade school. Seems to be a thing in China now.

Spoiler

Not exactly what I was learning, but it works for me.

Spoiler

yes, also in Korea arise most strangest dances, gives it also in Skyrim ?

21 minutes ago, winny257 said:

laughed

Original content isn't dead, most people just lack imagination. Nice find!

'Back in the Day' many actors were versatile with disciplines in most of the performance arts. The old 'I didn't know' <he/she> could sing, dance, do magic, etc. was common. Now-a-days the fact many 'actors' can't do any of these things IS common.....

34 minutes ago, landess said:

Original content isn't dead, most people just lack imagination. Nice find!

'Back in the Day' many actors were versatile with disciplines in most of the performance arts. The old 'I didn't know' <he/she> could sing, dance, do magic, etc. was common. Now-a-days the fact many 'actors' can't do any of these things IS common.....

I think a few of the MCU alumni have some skills in that area.

For examples the Toms

Hiddleston

And of Holland

Although Holland was Billy Elliot on Stage so, unfair advantage

• 2 years later...
On 2/26/2020 at 6:23 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Blatant, unabashed, gratuitous ass shaking. I LOVE IT!!

Is it weird that I know most of those girls by name?? I watch a lot of Beautiful Women dancing.

Edit; I have lot's of experience Watching Women dance, which does not say much of my Abilities!    :grimace:

Edited by Sir Bron
6 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

Is it weird that I know most of those girls by name??

Nah. not like you're some weirdo stalker or anything.... they put it out there and you're a fan. :cool:

Visiting this thread again some years later and noticing who was here posting.... Like @steelpanther24 said, sucks that some are missing/silent. Also, it's strange because we now say pre-pandemic when referring to anytime before. It changed so much... like something really cool was lost- and not just people we cared about. Maybe good times will reign again soon? Who knows...

Edited by KoolHndLuke
15 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Nah. not like you're some weirdo stalker or anything.... they put it out there and you're a fan. :cool:

Visiting this thread again some years later and noticing who was here posting.... Like @steelpanther24 said, sucks that some are missing/silent. Also, it's strange because we now say pre-pandemic when referring to anytime before. It changed so much... like something really cool was lost- and not just people we cared about. Maybe good times will reign again soon? Who knows...

I think it will come back, but it will be different, not worse or better, but different.      I like to look back on the 80s and think "wow, what a time to live" but my life now, the online friends from across the world that I have now, and the wide access to knowledge......I don't know if I would like to give all that up to go back to the idyllic 80s.