Do You Dance?!

Dancing just seems like a great way to do many things at once while not being serious about a damn thing. You get great exercise, you get to have fun while doing it, and you get to dance with other people that enjoy it. Not to mention that I have met very few women that didn't like to dance. Hell, some of them love it. It's the next best thing to having sex I think. Maybe better some times!

I've tried to learn country dancing before- since I'm in a land full of cowboys and cowgirls- and I was okay at it. But, I just didn't like the music or the style and never felt comfortable doing it. On the other hand, I did try dancing at some clubs to industrial, pop, and other types of music. Since I didn't know any "moves", I looked and felt pretty silly there too. Points for trying I suppose.

So dancers have always been fun to watch for me. I love the way they come up with different moves and keep with the beat of the song. And you hardly ever see a person dancing that doesn't seem to be having a LOT of FUN!! :D

I chose this vid to show because the dancers are good and fun to watch-

Edited by KoolHndLuke
6 minutes ago, CPU said:

This particular type of dance is called "Shuffle Dance".

This clip has 4 or 5 of the most common known Shuffle Dancer all together inside.

It looks like a lot of fun! I like the quick moves and footwork. And damn those girls look hot when they are dancing! ;)

11 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

<a funny>

Nailed it ?

Personally when no one is home I start dancing, though it's quite amateurish, I usually do it to a song I'm playing in my head, or if I'm really in the mood I'll use the speakers. It's not something I really talk about so I don't think I'll have much to say but; I quite enjoy it, it get's me moving more than just pacing around the house.

Kinda wish I had what I would assume is a natural rhythm required to dance, Just seems I'm too clumsy for it when it comes to doing it in public. Although when I'm lifting alone and nobody is watching I dance a little to the music I'm listening to from time to time. Still too embarrassed to do it in front of anyone. 

9 minutes ago, ThiccZombie said:

I don't dance. Music literally moves my body ugly. Can't feel rhythm in anything, but my hands. Which is why I only play guitar. XD

It helps if you are hyperactive like I am (or used to be). Still, having rhythm in your hands and being able to play is not something a lot of people can do! My brother played and played for years and didn't have (and could never learn) rhythm for shit. I think it's something you either have or you don't unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It helps if you are hyperactive like I am (or used to be). Still, having rhythm in your hands and being able to play is not something a lot of people can do! My brother played and played for years and didn't have (and could never learn) rhythm for shit. I think it's something you either have or you don't unfortunately.

I mean, it's not that I am hyper-active, it's just how my body is. Never been once for dancing either. Not unless drunk. (Liquid Courage.) However, I just picked up the guitar one day and started playing. It was weird and just played.

Rarely.  Used to do 1700-1800's style square dance(ish), as well as Contra.  Got tired of 'same old people', as I'm in a rather remote area - and then the contra group shut down.  There are active groups, but they are a very long ways off, and not worth the trip.  It was lots of fun while I did, though.  Great way to meet new people.

Oh, and I'm a terrible dancer, but it's still fun.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

No, and never ever place myself in a position where people expect me to either.  Though the few times I have had to anybody asking gets a polite get lost, when they ask me, if they get too obnoxious about it I get less polite in telling them to go away, up to and including simply walking out of what ever is happening regardless of the consequences.