18 hours ago, surfingkoala35 said:

Anyone have the problem where your female character is given a male body during the Bad End animations?  Its happened to me in both the test cell and in the game.  Doesn't happen when I assign companions to the animations in the test cell or when I use other AAF animations??? 

That should for sure not happen. It only happens to me when I have to rename my actors folder and break all the file paths. Do you have a unique player race or something installed? Or maybe a nude suit from an old version of fourplay? It sounds like FO4 is searching for a mesh for your PC and grabbing the default male one. 

On 6/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, Dento88 said:

is there a way to make it more random ? im getting the same animation over and over again...thx great mod by the way..

You mean like, you want to sometimes get the noose and sometimes get the impaling pole kind of thing? You can probably do that by changing the tags that are read by whatever mod (violate, or whatever) is calling the animations. 

If you mean 'why does it play the exact same noose animations in the same order every time,' that's a compromise I had to make. I don't know how to call animations in a random order without using a script, which is a really bad idea in this case (would make integration into AAF way more complicated, and make the whole thing more unreliable). But, if you really wanted to, you could make a bunch of different animation serieses for each furniture (you'd need to do that by editing your AAF positiondata and animationgroup files). 

On 3/11/2020 at 4:54 AM, Achronight said:

I think there is a last stage on some animations tho it bugs out and character starts to move again after some use. 

Throwing ideas out there. :P 

A lot of the AAF animations could be bad ends themselfs, I dont know how you survive being raped by a rad scorpion for example. 

And a lot of casual rough sex animations, could end up bad if performed by raiders who are angry cause you killed their friends.  

Also the Bad end animations could be faction specific. 

Electrocution for high tech factions                       ( Brotherhood of steel or institute )

Gallows for Military structured factions                 ( Minutmen, Brotherhood of steel, railroad, Military raider factions )

Strangling pole for Factions that enjoy torture      ( The rest of the raiders )

Spike for Canibal factions                                       ( Supermutant and canibal raiders )

Re: Final 'resting/limp' anim

True. There is a final 'limp' stage on a lot of them. I made the AAF animation groups for mass consumption (they aren't the ones I use). What you could do is go into the animationgroups xml and set the final stage to repeat like 20 times (assuming that whatever you're doing will be done by then). There might be a way to make it hold the limp stage for an actor indefinitely, but I have no idea how that could be done inside AAF without major changes to the behavior portions of the CK (which is hella buggy). 

Re: More bad ends. 

Yes definitely. I had long term plans to do something a lot like that - maybe, if the aggressor is higher level than the player or something, the AAF sex sequence ends in a contextually appropriate bad end (like getting an 'all the way through' by the mirelurk queen). Might still happen, but there is no definite timeline for it. 

Re: Faction specific ones

That can definitely be done, but (the way I did it once) you have to spend a lot of time re-working the violate 'onhit' script to check the aggressor faction (faction then also have to be added to onhit script as a property), than look for a faction specific tag on the bad end (which you also have to add to your AAF tags. It works, but it's kind of a pain to redo everytime you update violate. 

5 hours ago, Gray User said:

I don't know how to call animations in a random order without using a script, which is a really bad idea in this case (would make integration into AAF way more complicated, and make the whole thing more unreliable).

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/XML/animationGroup.md#!animationgroup
Animation Groups

stage Node

The stage nodes simply define what animation to play (by id).

The loops attribute can optionally be added to the stage node. This defines how many times the animation should loop before moving on to the next stage. The syntax for this attribute is: 3-6 which would mean a random number of loops between 3 and 6. You can also simply put an individual number here.

The weight attribute can optionally be used to make some stages more likely to be chosen randomly in non-sequential animation groups. By default, all stages are weighted at 1. So, if you add a weight of 5 to one stage, that stage would be 5 times more likely to be chosen than another individual stage. This attribute has no effect if you are defining a sequential animation group.

The exitActors is an optional attribute that causes specific actors to leave the scene when/if that stage plays. The format for this attribute is a comma separated list of numbers that pertain to the order of the actors in the stage animation, starting with 0. So, exitActors="0" would cause the first actor listed in the stage animation to exit the scene after the animation plays.

You can basically set up an AnimGroup with each individual stage, leave off/set sequential as false, and off it goes.

I would imagine if it's a single-actor Bad End (which I think they all currently are), using exitActors would end the scene, if you set that up on the "limp" stage of the animations. And with the Weight, you can set the other stages to 2-3 so they're more likely to be used.

Most of the existing AnimGroups use Sequential, but if it's something like this, where the actors aren't all that far from their initial starting point when the anims begin, it should work out pretty nicely.
Come to think of it, might also work nicely with your 50 Shades ones too, at least for the solo ones.

Also, I'm fairly sure @EgoBallistic set up the Bad End mod so certain factions do use the 'furniture' and anims more appropriate for their faction. Which I think is why I've not actually seen the Rec-chair anim at all, and the Impaling one in quite some time.
Might also be mis-remembering, too :sweat_smile:

Good to see you're still 'round Gray :D

14 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Also, I'm fairly sure @EgoBallistic set up the Bad End mod so certain factions do use the 'furniture' and anims more appropriate for their faction. Which I think is why I've not actually seen the Rec-chair anim at all, and the Impaling one in quite some time.

Yeah I set up a fairly elaborate system in Violate so that the Bad End anims would get randomized but still limited to the appropriate ones for their factions.  The reclamation chair can only happen with synths, and the impaling animation can only happen if it's a fatal Bad End with Raiders or Super Mutants.

20 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

You can basically set up an AnimGroup with each individual stage, leave off/set sequential as false, and off it goes.

I would imagine if it's a single-actor Bad End (which I think they all currently are), using exitActors would end the scene, if you set that up on the "limp" stage of the animations. And with the Weight, you can set the other stages to 2-3 so they're more likely to be used.

Most of the existing AnimGroups use Sequential, but if it's something like this, where the actors aren't all that far from their initial starting point when the anims begin, it should work out pretty nicely.
Come to think of it, might also work nicely with your 50 Shades ones too, at least for the solo ones.

Might also be mis-remembering, too :sweat_smile:

Good to see you're still 'round Gray :D

Interesting. I dunno if I'll have time soon to get back into serious modding, but if I do, I'll have to take a look at that. 

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yeah I set up a fairly elaborate system in Violate so that the Bad End anims would get randomized but still limited to the appropriate ones for their factions.  The reclamation chair can only happen with synths, and the impaling animation can only happen if it's a fatal Bad End with Raiders or Super Mutants.

Sh*t, that's right. That's the other reason I stopped messing with it. I loaded one of your updates and realized you'd done a much cleaner job of it than my weird kludgy solution. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, JustHoodini said:

I dont know if I'm doing anything wrong but whenever I try to use the furniture it tells me "You cannot use this item at this time."

The furniture can't be used the way normal furniture can.  You have to use the AAF wizard to select an actor and the furniture and then make the actor play an animation.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tortout4 said:

When there will be new animations ;D? Must be even more brutal. Like getting strangled per hand or rope, or stabbed, idk.

Crime and punishment mod had a pretty simple bullet to the head execution. 

But if you want to save up on bullets you a simple knife will do the trick, or if you are not in a hurry, a brutal strangulation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get me wrong.. I love the idea of having a final animation play after you get attacked and violated, tho torture isn't really my cup of tea...

so I thought of an alterative.... how about 'Bound Ending'?

that integrates devious devices and your bondage positions animations too play instead... having yourself attacked, violated and then bound tightly until your able to escape.

I dont know how easy or difficult it would be to make and work with mods like AAF violate and others, it was just idea that was floating around in my head.  

18 hours ago, stumpy1975 said:

Don't get me wrong.. I love the idea of having a final animation play after you get attacked and violated, tho torture isn't really my cup of tea...

so I thought of an alterative.... how about 'Bound Ending'?

that integrates devious devices and your bondage positions animations too play instead... having yourself attacked, violated and then bound tightly until your able to escape.

I dont know how easy or difficult it would be to make and work with mods like AAF violate and others, it was just idea that was floating around in my head.  

This is more of a topic for discussion on the Violate thread.  But since I'm here anyway, yes, that is a good idea.  It would be very easy to make.

The issue I've struggled with in making such an outcome for Violate is, how to add an interesting mechanism for escaping.

3 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

This is more of a topic for discussion on the Violate thread.  But since I'm here anyway, yes, that is a good idea.  It would be very easy to make.

The issue I've struggled with in making such an outcome for Violate is, how to add an interesting mechanism for escaping.

Thanks for replying EgoBallistic

I guess you wouldn't really need a new escape mechanic system as such, just like in 'Bad Endings' non fatal outcome.. you could have the bondage animation play for a few minutes where then it fades to black (with maybe a few game hours passing to simulate how long you were held) and then just have the normal ending where able to run/hop/teleport away letting 'Devious Devices' take over in how you get your restraints off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 3:58 AM, stumpy1975 said:

Thanks for replying EgoBallistic

I guess you wouldn't really need a new escape mechanic system as such, just like in 'Bad Endings' non fatal outcome.. you could have the bondage animation play for a few minutes where then it fades to black (with maybe a few game hours passing to simulate how long you were held) and then just have the normal ending where able to run/hop/teleport away letting 'Devious Devices' take over in how you get your restraints off.

Yea...TBH, that was the original intent for the bondage animations in my 50 shades pack. 

I agree that probably just having it be timer based is best. I scripted a mini-game approach for my copy of skyrim: defeat where you had to struggle free without attracting your aggressors attention (or else, more defeat), but that was very buggy and did for sure not work as well as I wanted. 

14 hours ago, Gray User said:

Yea...TBH, that was the original intent for the bondage animations in my 50 shades pack. 

I agree that probably just having it be timer based is best. I scripted a mini-game approach for my copy of skyrim: defeat where you had to struggle free without attracting your aggressors attention (or else, more defeat), but that was very buggy and did for sure not work as well as I wanted. 

Cool.. any chance of bringing said mod or something similar too fallout? 

I do wish there was more devious devises and bondage mods for fallout 4 as there is in skyrim, but i guess its more difficult to mod fallout 4. :( 

On 9/20/2020 at 5:39 AM, stumpy1975 said:

Cool.. any chance of bringing said mod or something similar too fallout? 

I do wish there was more devious devises and bondage mods for fallout 4 as there is in skyrim, but i guess its more difficult to mod fallout 4. :( 

So, I think this should already work - it's been a while since I looked at the nuts and bolts of fpv (and @EgoBallistic is always a better resource for this kind of thing) but I'm pretty sure you could look at what tags violate is using to pick a bad end animation, and add those tags to the bondage animations from 50 shades using whatever aaf tag set up you use. If you don't want the existing bad end anims to trigger, you could maybe either not install the pack to begin with or (there might be detection issues) install the pack, and then just strip out the tags for the animations you don't want.

The main reason I'd be reluctant to release something like this is that I have a different set of tag files than any of the common 'all the AAF tags' sets that people use, and I'd probably make something that would break other people's setups.

50 minutes ago, Gray User said:

I'm pretty sure you could look at what tags violate is using to pick a bad end animation, and add those tags to the bondage animations from 50 shades using whatever aaf tag set up you use. If you don't want the existing bad end anims to trigger, you could maybe either not install the pack to begin with or (there might be detection issues) install the pack, and then just strip out the tags for the animations you don't want.

It would be possible to do that, but the scripting for the Bad Endings in Violate is really specific to your animation pack.

I'm working on a bondage outcome mod right now, using your 50 Shades bondage animations and some ZAP assets I'm converting to FO4.  The player and companions will find themselves tied up and struggling, either where the violation took place, or dumped in some random area if I can find a way to make that work smoothly.  Suggestions for features are welcome.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I'm working on a bondage outcome mod right now, using your 50 Shades bondage animations and some ZAP assets I'm converting to FO4.  The player and companions will find themselves tied up and struggling, either where the violation took place, or dumped in some random area if I can find a way to make that work smoothly.  Suggestions for features are welcome.

In 1971 Movie called "Red Sun" with Charles Bronson and Toshiro Mifune.

Some indians capture a girl and while they have some fun with her, she stabs and kills one of the indians. They got really angry and tied her up ( hands and feet .)

One of the indians soaks in water a leather strap, and they tie it around her neck.  That collar was meant to shrink as it dry in the sun, choking her. 

It could be an easy idea to combine a bad end with bondage. Having a collar that slowly damages the player, as you go through the minigame of getting free. 

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

It would be possible to do that, but the scripting for the Bad Endings in Violate is really specific to your animation pack.

Would it be possible to have a raider put you in a shock collar from real handcuffs and periodically shock you whilst you're tied up? Or would that mess with the animation working?

Really love this animation pack, it's also one of the few things that works really well in Fallout 4 that we don't have (at least not working as good as here) in Skyrim. The combination of this pack with violate works really well. Thanks you! (and to Ego!)

I would love it if you would do a few more animations in the future.