3 minutes ago, Zeropanzer99 said:

its back up and running but im pretty sure i goofed up the mod download some way or another

The log doesn't mention anything out of the ordinary. The mod by itself doesn't change the game too much right off the bat. You'd need other mods to make the API "shine".

Though if the game is launching, that's a good start.

3 minutes ago, red3dred said:

The log doesn't mention anything out of the ordinary. The mod by itself doesn't change the game too much right off the bat. You'd need other mods to make the API "shine".

Though if the game is launching, that's a good start.

well its saying there is an issue with the climax files when i opened up the new logs

it keeps repeating could not read projectile (filename) sexbound/climax/___climax.projectile

10 minutes ago, Zeropanzer99 said:

well its saying there is an issue with the climax files when i opened up the new logs

it keeps repeating could not read projectile (filename) sexbound/climax/___climax.projectile

Sounds like the download maybe fuddled then, yes.

I'd recommend re-downloading the src.zip file and putting it in the folder again. May have been an issue on Lover'sLabs side when providing the download, maybe have been your internet connection, a issue with your unzipping program (7-ZIP, WinRAR, etc) but anyhow, if the files cannot be read, that's no good.

2 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Sounds like the download maybe fuddled then, yes.

I'd recommend re-downloading the src.zip file and putting it in the folder again. May have been an issue on Lover'sLabs side when providing the download, maybe have been your internet connection, a issue with your unzipping program (7-ZIP, WinRAR, etc) but anyhow, if the files cannot be read, that's no good.

mission failed better luck next time

On 10/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, CommanderAli said:

Hey, is there a way to made the main node compatible for 3 actors?

Hey bringing this up again because I'd like to know, especially using pheromones addon too so that multiple bandits could have their turns (Or something like that Idunno) in Defeat.

EDIT: NVM I found out I'm dumb

Sorry if I'm bringing back the same question again, but how to stop my player character's children switching their weapons constantly when they're idle? Is there a solution to fix this issue? My player character's race is Ningen by the way.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, CommanderAli said:

Hey bringing this up again because I'd like to know, especially using pheromones addon too so that multiple bandits could have their turns (Or something like that Idunno) in Defeat.

EDIT: NVM I found out I'm dumb

Pardon i've not answered this before; Defeat nodes on players are automatically 3-actor last i checked, unless that's been changed since, but if you wanna change the main node that'll take some fiddling with the code, though i assume you've found it by now.

On 10/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Ronnie21093 said:

I know this may sound silly, but would it be possible to get an index that lists currently compatible mods and mods reported to be incompatible?

We don't have any sort of list like that at the moment. Up-keeping one is a hard task, so nobody's been keeping up with it, but the incompatible mods are listed in the front page, the mods that are neither Legacy nor Up to date. Legacy mods can still be used with the Legacy versions, if compatibilized.

6 hours ago, h4m4n said:

Sorry if I'm bringing back the same question again, but how to stop my player character's children switching their weapons constantly when they're idle? Is there a solution to fix this issue? My player character's race is Ningen by the way.

That is a issue with the NPC type that was supposed to be fixed already... peculiar.
image.png.b048d456adf38d48f29868b801503664.png
So that was a while ago...

However, Zancuno already discussed the issue and said that; To have it not do that, the support needs to patch the sexbound crewmember (Or family-member as it was called) NPC type to have guns and clothings as a default, as opposed to not.

Spoiler

image.png.ba6e27deec6de2d7d9b354058b3bed4e.png

It's not a easy fix if you're not modding your game yourself, but otherwise it's just a simple patch to the NPC type with a species entry. This however will only affect new crewmembers of this kind after fixed. Or you can try the admin commands upon them and see if that helps.

Spoiler

image.png.9a4876215193a6233aef3139ae364a4b.png

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Pardon i've not answered this before; Defeat nodes on players are automatically 3-actor last i checked, unless that's been changed since, but if you wanna change the main node that'll take some fiddling with the code, though i assume you've found it by now.

We don't have any sort of list like that at the moment. Up-keeping one is a hard task, so nobody's been keeping up with it, but the incompatible mods are listed in the front page, the mods that are neither Legacy nor Up to date. Legacy mods can still be used with the Legacy versions, if compatibilized.

That is a issue with the NPC type that was supposed to be fixed already... peculiar.
image.png.b048d456adf38d48f29868b801503664.png
So that was a while ago...

However, Zancuno already discussed the issue and said that; To have it not do that, the support needs to patch the sexbound crewmember (Or family-member as it was called) NPC type to have guns and clothings as a default, as opposed to not.

Hide contents

image.png.ba6e27deec6de2d7d9b354058b3bed4e.png

It's not a easy fix if you're not modding your game yourself, but otherwise it's just a simple patch to the NPC type with a species entry. This however will only affect new crewmembers of this kind after fixed. Or you can try the admin commands upon them and see if that helps.

Hide contents

image.png.9a4876215193a6233aef3139ae364a4b.png

Mother of god, looks like I have to do the coding and give it a try. Also, there's sexbound discord? Never know about it until now, can I join the discord server?

53 minutes ago, h4m4n said:

Mother of god, looks like I have to do the coding and give it a try. Also, there's sexbound discord? Never know about it until now, can I join the discord server?

There is one, but invites aren't public, and it's been mostly quiet, don't expect daily modding chatters lol

Users that want in can always message/ PM/ DM me (However it is called here), that of course has it's requirements, because the last thing we want is more raiders.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

There is one, but invites aren't public, and it's been mostly quiet, don't expect daily modding chatters lol

Users that want in can always message/ PM/ DM me (However it is called here), that of course has it's requirements, because the last thing we want is more raiders.

Righto, thanks for the info

Is there a way to use the config files from Sexbound's src on the Pak version?

I cannot seem to get the zipped SRC file to work but the Pak works just fine. There are a few things I'd like to tweak but the config files don't do anything to the Pak version.

I've tried adding the SRC version to the mods folder, adding it to the main Starbound folder, and even both but neither of them work and they all throw the same error (which I've attached).

I know I am doing something stupid and I've tried looking through this forum page but I must have missed something in the 80+ pages that are here. I only know enough about modding to get myself in trouble.

awwsnap.png

3 hours ago, samluun said:

I cannot seem to get the zipped SRC file to work but the Pak works just fine. There are a few things I'd like to tweak but the config files don't do anything to the Pak version.

I've tried adding the SRC version to the mods folder, adding it to the main Starbound folder, and even both but neither of them work and they all throw the same error (which I've attached).

I know I am doing something stupid and I've tried looking through this forum page but I must have missed something in the 80+ pages that are here. I only know enough about modding to get myself in trouble.

did you extract the zip file?

the src version has to be extracted into a folder while the pak version stays as a pak file

only ever install ONE of the versions NOT BOTH

if you want to change something in the pak version you need a tool to unpack and then repack the pak file

4 hours ago, samluun said:

For you, you get this.

Spoiler

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

For you, you get this.

Hide contents

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

If by that picture, you mean that they are all floating around with the rest of the files and folders in the Starbound folder (where win64 is), then yes I have tried that and it lead to the error that was posted above.

[ie. Steamstuff/Starbound/]

If you mean they should be in a folder that's in the Starbound folder and isn't "mods", then...no I haven't tried that. [ie.  Steamstuff/Starbound/Sexbound Folder]

Also, yes it is the unzipped version from Locuturus and I do not have the Pak and Src versions cohabitating. I read that it's a pain in the arse to unpack this one and try to repack it.

I have tried other options before resorting to asking everyone on here, but I do appreciate your thoroughness.

5 hours ago, samluun said:

If by that picture, you mean that they are all floating around with the rest of the files and folders in the Starbound folder (where win64 is), then yes I have tried that and it lead to the error that was posted above.

[ie. Steamstuff/Starbound/]

If you mean they should be in a folder that's in the Starbound folder and isn't "mods", then...no I haven't tried that. [ie.  Steamstuff/Starbound/Sexbound Folder]

Also, yes it is the unzipped version from Locuturus and I do not have the Pak and Src versions cohabitating. I read that it's a pain in the arse to unpack this one and try to repack it.

I have tried other options before resorting to asking everyone on here, but I do appreciate your thoroughness.

Nope, they have to be in either /assets or /mods, inside of there, in their own folder. That's what that post is supposed to convey, if you read at the bottom. It's trying to say that those files should be in that exact folder structure otherwise it will error.

Putting them in their own folder in assets and mods allowed me to start the game without a crash. Hooray!

steam/Starbound/assets/Sexbound 

steam/Starbound/mods/Sexbound 

However now nothing related to it works. No naughty sexy things happen. The bow nor the showers work anymore. It's as if nothing was there to begin with.

Is this just something I am missing or is it something in the config files that needs to be tweaked?

Thank you for helping me, Red.

16 hours ago, samluun said:

Putting them in their own folder in assets and mods allowed me to start the game without a crash. Hooray!

steam/Starbound/assets/Sexbound 

steam/Starbound/mods/Sexbound 

However now nothing related to it works. No naughty sexy things happen. The bow nor the showers work anymore. It's as if nothing was there to begin with.

Is this just something I am missing or is it something in the config files that needs to be tweaked?

Thank you for helping me, Red.

So, let's see here...

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

This should allow me to see the relevant data of your installation without further questions, and provide better instructions as to why it's doing the bad, and how to unbad.

15 hours ago, Neb1 said:

So i'm having the small problem of my characters being cloned when i defeat their nodes on a bed, what is the issue? They keep coming back and then having sex with their old nodes.
This happened after i updated.

image.png.a38a52635f6926f0d6f7f0417187f3b4.png

Well, i didn't even need to see the Log to be able to tell you're using Frackin' Universe... And well, FR also agrees that something is going wrong, as i see the error;

[09:43:19.195] [Error] 
FR ERROR: MOUTH POSITION NOT FOUND - You got a mod conflict here, buddy. Somethin is messin up your NPCs.
NPC TYPE: crewmemberchef
SPECIES:  glitch

Maybe they finally made FU/FR incompatible with Sexbound?

... but i'll put it simply;

The use of the term "defeat" is the most poor choice of words here, you don't have Sexbound Defeat.
You break the sex-nodes under the beds, and that WILL cause issues if there were NPC's inside of them when this is done.
Think of it as opening the Disc Drive of something after it's contents were read by the device (Imagine a PS1, PC, etc etc).
Their contents (The NPC Data) is still in there (bed) and thus breaking the nodes only kicks the NPC out and makes the object (bed) believe it still has 2 NPC's in there.
To properly get NPCs out of beds, remove the bed, or remove the Loungeable Addon (By carefully mining it out, not recommended), or use LewdBound's "Holy Bibel" along with Naturally Horny (Contains fixes to allow the anti-horny book to work). The latter also prevents NPC's from being horny for a while.

In sum, TL;DR: It's a bug, but not one we can solve without increase the FPS impact with new complex checks, so please avoid killing non-vacant nodes under beds.

Ok so I have a little bug to share. I typed /admin to test the differents mods, and when press C, my game crashes. In the log, there's a line saying :
"Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) No such item 'lox_sextoyvendingmachine'"
I am the only one to ever had this issue ?

1 hour ago, samluun said:

I've attached it here. I went through some of it and it says it was having an error reading the pregnant config file as JSON. I looked through it with Notepad+ but I didn't see anything too wacky.

Everything below where it said that in the log file was gibberish to me.

So, for beginners, you have both the mod in assets and in mods, it'll only load one to avoid duplicate issues, but it's still better to only use one.
Second, you have legacy mods that more than likely won't work at all with the latest versions. (Kitty the Space Cat, Booty Rockin' Nuru)
Third, you have indeed derped up the config, as shown:

Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character in word at 64:49

<!-- That's "Line 64, character 49 for you. -->

Which, on first examination, is pretty obvious.

image.png.76ee07a7d8fbca4c61e2e13806d79d2e.png

See the only text that is white? It's not a "string". And i quote, from this horribly bright-white themed website from back in the day...
image.png.81d67026997c131bb9f76824c8052799.png

So there's your config problem. Everything beyond that, in this log, is cascading issues that come from the issue above.

34 minutes ago, Salmaël Nox said:

Ok so I have a little bug to share. I typed /admin to test the differents mods, and when press C, my game crashes. In the log, there's a line saying :
"Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) No such item 'lox_sextoyvendingmachine'"
I am the only one to ever had this issue ?

Hmm... A improper patch or a improper recipe-- when there isn't AlluringToysCo installed, may cause that. I can't say anything beyond that without a log. It's either because you have Lewdbound but no AlluringToys, or similarly, Lustbound i presume may cause the same. Still, no way to be certain without that log thing. Refer to the previous page, last post, for information on that.

That did it, it was the combination of all of those things together that was causing this. After I went through and cleaned out all the extra mods I didn't want/need and put this mod in assets did it start to work.

I appreciate your patience and treating me like an idiot actually helped.

Thanks, chief.