So I'm having an issue where the reverse cowgirl position and facesitting position produces invisible sprites except for the character on the bottom (person inserting, if you will) this happens on all species and genders too. no idea what is happening here but its kind of annoying. anyone can help?

On 9/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, Lyko said:

is the wiki down?

Yeah, It's down while the first goal on Patreon is no longer being met. So, the issue here is takes hours upon hours of my time to not only run and monitor the website, but it takes time for me to write the content too. I've got the server turned off while waiting to see what people are going to do.

Sorry, but I have to pay taxes on Patreon earnings too. So by the time I'm done paying the taxes and the cost to run the server and maintain it, I'm left with barely anything. I guess adult ad network suck in revenue that they pay too. I could turn on the interstitial ads or the pop-unders which probably pay better but, I'd rather wait a little while to see if I can at least get the goal met. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:28 PM, SixAndAHalf said:

So I'm having an issue where the reverse cowgirl position and facesitting position produces invisible sprites except for the character on the bottom (person inserting, if you will) this happens on all species and genders too. no idea what is happening here but its kind of annoying. anyone can help?

Update: I can't really see any mod conflicts on this so far. I stripped it down to barebones and its still doesn't work. I checked the logs and it said this when I use (I think) reverse cowgirl.

[23:07:31.015] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor1/human/groin_genital.png:position9.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame position9.1 in frames spec /artwork/humanoid/actor1/default.frames
[23:07:31.016] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor1/human/arm_back.png:position9.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame position9.1 in frames spec /artwork/humanoid/actor1/default.frames
[23:07:31.017] [Error] Could notstarbound.log load image asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor1/human/body_male.png:position9.1', using placeholder default.

And it sort of just goes on like that for every sprite in the animation that's invisible. It seems to not be able to simply load the images. Why is that? Has anyone else come across this or is it just me?

Edit: Sorry I should have included the full log, here it ishttps://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1001511

7 hours ago, SixAndAHalf said:

Update: I can't really see any mod conflicts on this so far. I stripped it down to barebones and its still doesn't work. I checked the logs and it said this when I use (I think) reverse cowgirl.

starbound.log

Okay so... You've done things. Sexbound 2.13 did not have these positions (reverse cowgirl, face-sitting, etc) and yet you somehow have the option to use it. Reinstall your version of Sexbound, because something is very wrong, and the version you seem to have is very out of date, or you never renamed the folder; Also, Lustbound requires the latest versions to even work.

Spoiler

[23:34:05.553] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\Sexbound-API-v2.13.0'

[23:34:06.227] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_Lustbound.pak'
[23:34:06.239] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_Lustbound Patcher.pak'

how possible is the prospect of npcs having random chance of being subgender?

and does it work on monsters?

also did i miss something when updating, or do females not use strapons/ become futa in dom position?

(and since genitals can now be independant of assigned gender, the next step would be to pick-and-choose breast size and body type seperately)

(/pipedream)

2 hours ago, meteo1337 said:

how possible is the prospect of npcs having random chance of being subgender?

and does it work on monsters?

Already fixed for a next update, wasn't working, despite being programmed, pardon. And no, shouldn't work on monsters, but probably can be expanded to do so. Though it might break things.

also did i miss something when updating, or do females not use strapons/ become futa in dom position?

*points gun* They never did. No, seriously, they never did, unless you had a mod for it. Like old-school Futanari mods, or Celo's "Auto-Dildos".

(and since genitals can now be independant of assigned gender, the next step would be to pick-and-choose breast size and body type seperately)

(/pipedream)

Haha no, they aren't independent of gender. They are sub-genders. They are still male/female based, but have a flag that says "This is the sub-type of this gender". Though, that would be a nice idea, and purchasable modifications via Sexbound's Customizer for Sexbucks, not bad, not bad. Not a easy accomplishment, as these would require full-on new pregnancy and genital sprites.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Okay so... You've done things. Sexbound 2.13 did not have these positions (reverse cowgirl, face-sitting, etc) and yet you somehow have the option to use it. Reinstall your version of Sexbound, because something is very wrong, and the version you seem to have is very out of date, or you never renamed the folder; Also, Lustbound requires the latest versions to even work.

Hide contents

[23:34:05.553] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\Sexbound-API-v2.13.0'

[23:34:06.227] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_Lustbound.pak'
[23:34:06.239] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_Lustbound Patcher.pak'

That's just what the folder's name is. I currently have 4.20 installed (or whatever the latest one is) I just drag the files from the latest update into the folder so all the files should be updated, I just haven't bothered to change the name of the folder every update. It should be all good on that front. Is there any reason you can see that these positions may not work apart from that? I honestly can't find it.

4 hours ago, SixAndAHalf said:

That's just what the folder's name is. I currently have 4.20 installed (or whatever the latest one is) I just drag the files from the latest update into the folder so all the files should be updated, I just haven't bothered to change the name of the folder every update. It should be all good on that front. Is there any reason you can see that these positions may not work apart from that? I honestly can't find it.

I've given your log a double read, up and down, and the only thing it says, basically, is that the default.frames file contained within the artwork folder is not configured properly for these positions. I would assume it's either another mod or a file that is missing/faulty, but you have very few mods, none of which i've noted anything that'd overwrite the default.frames file, and you say you do have the latest version, so i can only assume... that hopefully you've not just dropped in the new version into the same folder as before and overwrote what was needed.

Latest build i have doesn't even have that file in that location, and it's safe to assume it'd cause issues if you put a old file without the tags for the new positions, into the new API version. So the solution? Go to actor1 and actor2 folder's and delete the default.frames in there, if you have one. Only default.frames file available in the latest version is within the artwork folder itself. Due to Starbound's logic/hierarchy, if you have another default.frames file deeper down the chain of folders, it gets priority over the files down that chain.

5 hours ago, SixAndAHalf said:

it's usually advised to remove/delete old versions before installing new ones, because files may be removed in development, features discontinued and such, potentially making your game a bizarre mixture of new and old features that could sabotage each other and ruin or even corrupt your save at any time (maybe a bit exaggerated but the longer you go on with just copying into the same old folder the more likely something bad happens)

personally I use two folders: MODS and MODS BACKUP.

whenever I download a new version of any mod I move the old version from MODS over to MODS BACKUP (CUT and paste)

that way I can install the new version, test if it works as intended and if not just delete it and restore the old version by moving it back into my MODS folder

16 minutes ago, meteo1337 said:

how does one actually put this into practice

If "Can Ovulate" and "Can produce Sperm" are both on for this gender (Default futanari), and being in a position which can become pregnant (Pretty much all of them, except Fellatio, as actor 2) then there is a chance, just the same as they can get impregnated by their partner, that when they climax, they can impregnate themselves.

22 hours ago, red3dred said:

I've given your log a double read, up and down, and the only thing it says, basically, is that the default.frames file contained within the artwork folder is not configured properly for these positions. I would assume it's either another mod or a file that is missing/faulty, but you have very few mods, none of which i've noted anything that'd overwrite the default.frames file, and you say you do have the latest version, so i can only assume... that hopefully you've not just dropped in the new version into the same folder as before and overwrote what was needed.

Latest build i have doesn't even have that file in that location, and it's safe to assume it'd cause issues if you put a old file without the tags for the new positions, into the new API version. So the solution? Go to actor1 and actor2 folder's and delete the default.frames in there, if you have one. Only default.frames file available in the latest version is within the artwork folder itself. Due to Starbound's logic/hierarchy, if you have another default.frames file deeper down the chain of folders, it gets priority over the files down that chain.

So I just took the "I'm bad at computers" route and decided to delete the artwork folder entirely and copy it again. This seemed to work, it must have been a problem with my initial installation or something. Most likely I did something completely stupid but I have no idea what that is. Thanks for your help.

19 hours ago, red3dred said:

If "Can Ovulate" and "Can produce Sperm" are both on for this gender (Default futanari), and being in a position which can become pregnant (Pretty much all of them, except Fellatio, as actor 2) then there is a chance, just the same as they can get impregnated by their partner, that when they climax, they can impregnate themselves.

i see

another question: does 'futa' mean exclusively female based? eg. are 'male-herms' an option one can get right now?

i see

another question: does 'futa' mean exclusively female based? eg. are 'male-herms' an option one can get right now?

By default, no. "Futanari" was limited to only females. I don't know how it handles a "Futanari" male in the current release, by itself, without other mods, but logic says it should indeed just be that. A "male herm". Alternatively, the recent mod, Lustbound changes it so males can become "Cunt-boys" when given the Futanari tag.

Alright, weirdness time.

Anyway how to get the "male" Everis to be futa? I've tried marking the species flag down but nothing seems to have happened. Not even the females are affected. I'm probably just being stupid and missing something, but outside of adding each ID individually, I have no clue. I'm running Lustbound, if that helps.

3 hours ago, smurf123smurf said:

Alright, weirdness time.

Anyway how to get the "male" Everis to be futa? I've tried marking the species flag down but nothing seems to have happened. Not even the females are affected. I'm probably just being stupid and missing something, but outside of adding each ID individually, I have no clue. I'm running Lustbound, if that helps.

Have you checked if the Log flags issues? Also, did you happen to remove "floran" from the list of species when you added Everis?

1 minute ago, smurf123smurf said:

The log, as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to register any problems. I've also tried both with and without the floran tag, and nothing seems to have changed.

So, if you have Lustbound, i don't think you can tag the Everis males to be herms, instead they'll be "cuntboys" which is, given the species, no different than females. Sadly, Lustbound does not have a separate tag for that yet. If it is male and flagged as futa, it becomes a CB. Might have to request that feature be split in that mod's thread. Also, by default Lustbound will remove the first entry in the Futanari table regardless of what it is.

19 hours ago, ledbullet100 said:

something wierd happened when i installed lustbound i tried using the lewdgun nothing they didnt strip so i could fuck em i even used the lewd magazine to get em on a bed STILL NOTHING no one wants to fuck now

"it doesn't work" doesn't help anyone. post your logs.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:35 AM, ixtheinterloper said:

locate your starbound.log in Starbound\storage (this file right here, not starbound.log.1 or anything else) and either attach it to your post or upload its contents to pastebin or a functional equivalent and someone will look at it to diagnose the problem (PLEASE DO NOT POST THE RAW TEXT)

49 minutes ago, toxiczodiac said:

had trouble initiating sex scenes after updating, don't know what the problem is. Dropping a log to see if someone could pinpoint it. It looked like sexbound wasnt even working at all for me.

Odd, you edited the configs? Seems there's a bit of dirt in the config.

(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /sexbound.config
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 32:51

Without the config setup, all subsequent scripts cascade into errors.