5 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

Hey red, quick question: So~ I spawned in the test NPC  that you guys made, and I have no clue how to despawn her, or will she do that once I leave?

... uh... no? They are normal Villager NPC's, they don't despawn. You can always do;
/admin

Then over the NPC:
/entityeval status.setResource("health",0)

And that should kill them... Otherwise, very rarely do NPC's vanish.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

... uh... no? They are normal Villager NPC's, they don't despawn. You can always do;
/admin

Then over the NPC:
/entityeval status.setResource("health",0)

And that should kill them... Otherwise, very rarely do NPC's vanish.

Thank you very Much Red :3 I wonder how often these quests show up.

I'm still having problems... 2 things:

1) Thank you for helping me with this problem. Before I did some additional troubleshooting explained below, I did uninstall the monster parts and health bars, so thank you for telling me about that.

2) This might be a bit unbelievable, but:  

To determine if it was one of the steam mods, I hit the unsubscribed all button on steam. Seemed to work fine, I go and click on starbound, and it crashes again. No big problem, it's just some other mod, probably from nexus. But, I check the logs and...

[15:40:10.341] [Info] Loading assets from: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\1285230837\contents.pak'

Tons of them like that. So, that means that steam isn't uninstalling the mods. So, I took a crack at solving the issue. I did the following in order, and checked after each attempt.

Uninstall+Reinstall

Validate files

Turned computer off & on

And finally, I attempted to manually uninstall the mods. I went to ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820 ) to try to manually uninstall the mods. 

The folder was blank.

The next logical step was to check my other hard drive, because it might be hiding in there.

Nope. The 211820 does not exist on that hard drive (F:).

I have no idea what to do, except literally wipe my computer (both hard drives) and start again and see if it works then. I don't want to jump the gun, but I don't know what to do.

I don't know how to stop steam from installing nonexistent mods, other than that. 

This log is after all that troubleshooting. 

Also, I'm having trouble copying it here, going to use another pastebin.

What do you recommend, red3dred? 

1 hour ago, Somerandomaccount001 said:

I'm still having problems... 2 things:

1) Thank you for helping me with this problem. Before I did some additional troubleshooting explained below, I did uninstall the monster parts and health bars, so thank you for telling me about that.

2) This might be a bit unbelievable, but:  

To determine if it was one of the steam mods, I hit the unsubscribed all button on steam. Seemed to work fine, I go and click on starbound, and it crashes again. No big problem, it's just some other mod, probably from nexus. But, I check the logs and...

[15:40:10.341] [Info] Loading assets from: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\1285230837\contents.pak'

Tons of them like that. So, that means that steam isn't uninstalling the mods. So, I took a crack at solving the issue. I did the following in order, and checked after each attempt.

Uninstall+Reinstall

Validate files

Turned computer off & on

And finally, I attempted to manually uninstall the mods. I went to ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820 ) to try to manually uninstall the mods. 

The folder was blank.

The next logical step was to check my other hard drive, because it might be hiding in there.

Nope. The 211820 does not exist on that hard drive (F:).

I have no idea what to do, except literally wipe my computer (both hard drives) and start again and see if it works then. I don't want to jump the gun, but I don't know what to do.

What do you recommend, red3dred? 

Well, i have heard of similar cases... but nothing i know what to do off the top of my head.

Your direct options are to run a local copy of the game's executable, and changing the "SteamAppID" text file so it stops loading the workshop mods, or manage to find out why this is the case.

I'd recommend trying this:
Unsubscribe from all your mods on Steam's Workshop.
Subscribe to a simple harmless mod (More threads, lag reducer for instance)

Give the Steam client some time to process it all (Make sure no other background downloads are happening)
Before you launch the game, delete the log files and let it generate a new one.

If all else fails, the "steamAppID" option is a must, and you'd be better off managing all your mods yourself, downloading them off the Workshop with a Steam-Workshop-Downloader page/service. This denies you from getting automatic updates but you at least won't have this kind of random shiet happen.

I know this was answered already quite a few pages back, and I'll give them a once over, as the comment with the answer to this should be easy to spot but, How do I, if I even can, make it that Female NPC's will spawn via birth more often then male NPC's? or does that spawn mechanic correlate with the base Spawn rate/chance?

21 hours ago, red3dred said:

The task of "just enabling the clothing" involves making about 12 image sets for each piece of clothing, individually, and having to figure out the problem of layers in there. There's only... I had this number and i lost it, about 218 pieces of clothing in total in Vanilla alone?

Plus, there is something coming that would double, or maybe even triple the amount of work for animations, and i pity the poor souls that even approach this issue.

OOOOOOOF

8 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

I know this was answered already quite a few pages back, and I'll give them a once over, as the comment with the answer to this should be easy to spot but, How do I, if I even can, make it that Female NPC's will spawn via birth more often then male NPC's? or does that spawn mechanic correlate with the base Spawn rate/chance?

So, pregnant plugin has a file in there called "baby_factory.lua", it should help you understand your question if you see this:
image.png.8662926aa19f68d3d0af45b03e1041b6.png

So, it's not a fixed value, or a config, it's just a random number choice between "male" and "female", two entries, hopefully a 50/50 scenario. If you want to weigh it towards females more you can always add more female entries.

image.png.3c3beb60c9c07c5e76544d61eadf1a39.png

Don't worry about the commented "Futanari?". If you plan to remove the "male" entry, remember that this command requires at least two choices otherwise it'll error.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

So, pregnant plugin has a file in there called "baby_factory.lua", it should help you understand your question if you see this:
image.png.8662926aa19f68d3d0af45b03e1041b6.png

So, it's not a fixed value, or a config, it's just a random number choice between "male" and "female", two entries, hopefully a 50/50 scenario. If you want to weigh it towards females more you can always add more female entries.

image.png.3c3beb60c9c07c5e76544d61eadf1a39.png

Don't worry about the commented "Futanari?". If you plan to remove the "male" entry, remember that this command requires at least two choices otherwise it'll error.

I'm going to assume that the "futanari?" command tries to draw from the config seeing if they have a sub gender I'd imagine. And I'm going to assume that the two choices can't be the same, or else it'll error. speaking of which, how many times could I put "female" until it overloads? or to the point it can't process the number of choices? 

As an Aside red, Do you know of any Big breast mod that currently works with this version of sexbound? I think my version of bigger busts is outdated as when I tried to replace the body files in the Artwork/humanoid/actor1/actor2 the characters heads during sex would be feet away to the right of the body during sex, still bobbing to the animation in time with the body and still visible, but still detached. I'd imagine that this has something to do with the new animation files having two sets of blank posing animations at the bottom of the files? or that may not even be a factor, I'll need to explore more of how the animations are scripted to find out what's going on there.

3 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

I'm going to assume that the "futanari?" command tries to draw from the config seeing if they have a sub gender I'd imagine. And I'm going to assume that the two choices can't be the same, or else it'll error. speaking of which, how many times could I put "female" until it overloads? or to the point it can't process the number of choices? 

The grey text is commented, as in, does not affect the code, is only there for a coder's eyes.

And no, the two choices can indeed be the same. Code doesn't care. If there are two entries, then both entries are still entries. And uh... overloading it is hard... but yeah... You can probably go for over 20 choices just fine.

As an Aside red, Do you know of any Big breast mod that currently works with this version of sexbound? I think my version of bigger busts is outdated as when I tried to replace the body files in the Artwork/humanoid/actor1/actor2 the characters heads during sex would be feet away to the right of the body during sex, still bobbing to the animation in time with the body and still visible, but still detached. I'd imagine that this has something to do with the new animation files having two sets of blank posing animations at the bottom of the files? or that may not even be a factor, I'll need to explore more of how the animations are scripted to find out what's going on there.

None currently, Artwork replacers are rare around here and usually get outdated once and just phase out of the user's favor... Which is a shame, but alas.

They're not particularly hard to make themselves, but people don't like updating them, also usually making one means some people will start asking for EBS/EEBS versions of existing supports and one can easily  and quickly lose patience.

Thank you Red3dred! Didn't take me long to get it how I wanted.

It did lead me to another question, if you're able to help. Is it possible to set a two-actor session to be using roles 2 and 3? That is, to use the threesome positions with only two people?

19 minutes ago, VBSh said:

Thank you Red3dred! Didn't take me long to get it how I wanted.

It did lead me to another question, if you're able to help. Is it possible to set a two-actor session to be using roles 2 and 3? That is, to use the threesome positions with only two people?

Not really. As soon as a role gets vacant, they're moved towards the lower numbers. Actor 3 can't exist without actor 2 and 1.

I was planing some changes to the way this works, to have the position wheel update to change what positions are available based on number of actors. So if three actors are in the bed/object, only 3-actor positions would be available, and 2-actor positions would vanish from the wheel. Theoretically, this would be necessary to allow single-actor/solo positions.

However, i, good coder, am not. English major, neither am. Anyway, you'd be better off making custom positions and using specified artwork, same way the mod currently defines what is the actor 3's artwork, as there is no actor 3 artwork folder.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

They're not particularly hard to make themselves, but people don't like updating them, also usually making one means some people will start asking for EBS/EEBS versions of existing supports and one can easily  and quickly lose patience.

I wonder how hard it would be for a novice, such as myself, to update the mod? Granted given how I have no idea where to even look to address the head issue, I doubt I'd be able to modify the existing sprites.....Hm.... Might be tough, but I don't think it's impossible, But as many a great folk have said, If you want something done, do it yourself. cause you and every other mod maker is busy on their own projects and this sounds to be too much of a ballache to update constantly. So I'll take a crack at it and see what I can do >:3 In the mean time red, you take it easy ;3 I thank you for all the help you've given me, now it's time I do something for myself. Maybe this might help me learn how to make/edit sprites in a way that maybe one day I can make a mod :3

I have a constant error since the first launch of Sexbound that says:

/human/avian//2.png     consequtive // not allowed

I fixed that by changing line 248 of:

Starbound.v1.4.4\mods\starbound-sexbound-4.1.0\scripts\sexbound\lib\sexbound\actor.lua

into:

return "/" .. entityGroup .. "/" .. species .. "/hair/" .. hairType .. ".png:normal" .. directives.head

Instead of:

return "/" .. entityGroup .. "/" .. species .. "" .. self:getIdentity("hairFolder") .. "" .. hairType .. ".png:normal" .. directives.head

AKA: I used a static hair directory for everything.

Also, in the SxB defeat mods, I become "transparent" and nothing can harm me, nor any scene is triggered when I lose.

Sorry, I don't know Lua to fix those million bugs, normally I would have helped.

Other than that, I really love the pregnancy and sextalk (and other such plugins), good work and keep making them more interesting and compatible! ^_^

6 hours ago, ValenH said:

I have a constant error since the first launch of Sexbound that says:

I fixed that by changing line 248 of:

Starbound.v1.4.4\mods\starbound-sexbound-4.1.0\scripts\sexbound\lib\sexbound\actor.lua

into:

return "/" .. entityGroup .. "/" .. species .. "/hair/" .. hairType .. ".png:normal" .. directives.head

Instead of:

return "/" .. entityGroup .. "/" .. species .. "" .. self:getIdentity("hairFolder") .. "" .. hairType .. ".png:normal" .. directives.head

AKA: I used a static hair directory for everything.

Also, in the SxB defeat mods, I become "transparent" and nothing can harm me, nor any scene is triggered when I lose.

Sorry, I don't know Lua to fix those million bugs, normally I would have helped.

Other than that, I really love the pregnancy and sextalk (and other such plugins), good work and keep making them more interesting and compatible! ^_^

Hmm, strange. This isn't supposed to happen. Thanks for the pointer AND fix!

As for Defeat, it's a unstable mod, so sorry if things don't work, and mainly relating to monsters at the moment, Defeat is broken for them, if you have something like TeratoDefeat or Terramons Defeat Support.

8 hours ago, pubpub said:

Hello, i got a little problem, my stats dont go up (they stay at 0).
If you already knew that, could you explain me the way to correct it, or i will send the log

... you mean the Sexbound Customizer stats? Try removing or updating Naturally Horny if you have it, and removing Sexbound Tweaker if installed.

But you know the rules, and so do i, no log, no certainty. I don't know your mods, nor your errors. Provide a log, would ya'? Or don't. Up to you.

1 hour ago, Potato_Skill said:

Can anyone tell me what the small icons on the wheel menu do?  I've tried clicking but nothing seems to happen.

Hide contents

image.png.1df8bbe1fb79458046c9ca4d12ba986e.png

the head Icon is the one that, to my knowledge, does anything, as it makes any head-wear invisible, toggling hats, helms, masks etc, on or off, the other two sets on the bottom are for actors 3 and 4. the buttons on the cardinal directions use to (I don't think this is in the mod anymore) activate a "Mega-Climax" when both bars of each connecting quadrant met. though It might still be int he game, I'll turn off Auto-NPC Climax and see if it's still in the game, though I don't recall there being much in the way of a difference in fluids produced with it, though I think it made the climax last longer and had a bit of a build up with the animations pace increasing leading up to the climax when the button was pressed. I hope that answers your question and didn't complicate things further for you.

4 hours ago, RagnaBlade said:

Quick Question Red, What softwere do you use to make/modify the sprites used in the animations? the ones shown in the actor folders

I use GIMP myself, but it's a complicated and clunky program to use, however very capable if you can get around to learning it. Others use many other options such as Photoshop, or Aseprite.

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

I use GIMP myself, but it's a complicated and clunky program to use, however very capable if you can get around to learning it. Others use many other options such as Photoshop, or Aseprite.

Do you know how much those'd run me if I chose to get one of them?

Okay, I feel like a complete fool, Can anyone point me in the direction of a working method to unpack a .pak file?

Check here. You may need to change a bit if you're using newer version of Windows 10, though. SHIFT + Right Click no longer gives you Command Prompt but Power Shell instead. Still, it's good to read it first so you can have a grasp of things.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:19 AM, C'tans and big magnets said:

Since some clothing items, like kawaii+ stuff or vanilla and modded helmets, can stay on during sex, why can't every piece of clothing stay as well and have an option to turn it off during the animations?
Kinda curious on this one thing

Because every piece of clothing needs to have custom sprites created for every body part.