On 9/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, red3dred said:

That's a new bug, hmm... should take a look at that one. Probably due to the NPC type.

By default, only NPC's use dialogue during sex. This can be changed in the settings, in sexbound.config.

Anyway, I kinda solved the bug by using Crew Customization+ mod and put some cool outfit to the naked children. Hope it won't spawn another nasty bug after I installed the mod.

Speaking about sexbound again, my player character children keeps constantly switching their weapons while idling. Gun to melee, melee to gun, and repeat. Is there a solution or patch to fix this bug? All of my player character children are Ningen race by the way.

5 hours ago, Sex maniac said:

I've never installed a star bound mod before. Please help. Theirs no guide and I'm very confused.

go to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

this is where you put the mods

Mods that are in the .pak format just go in there and aren't supposed to be opened or edited.

if you wanna tweak configs get the other version (.src/source version)

make sure every mod has it's own folder and all the files are just one layer deep.

CORRECT:   \mods\sexbound.pak

CORRECT:   \mods\sexbound\*stuff*

INCORRECT:   \mods\sexbound\sexbound\*stuff*

5 hours ago, SingleForLife said:

go to this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods

this is where you put the mods

Mods that are in the .pak format just go in there and aren't supposed to be opened or edited.

if you wanna tweak configs get the other version (.src/source version)

make sure every mod has it's own folder and all the files are just one layer deep.

CORRECT:   \mods\sexbound.pak

CORRECT:   \mods\sexbound\*stuff*

INCORRECT:   \mods\sexbound\sexbound\*stuff*

I figured it out ironically. But thanks.

Hey, this mod is amazing but i have a bit problem here, first of all i dont mind theres a futa or a femboy, but its getting pretty annoying that the human race gender is 100% futas and femboys. it might be not from this mod but you might know something about it. its just the humans, other race is fine. 

Edit : i THINK this happend after i installed lustbound or something.
Edit 2: Also i forgot to mention, the human bandits/cultist are the ones 100% futas and femboys

3 hours ago, Ploximity said:

Hey, this mod is amazing but i have a bit problem here, first of all i dont mind theres a futa or a femboy, but its getting pretty annoying that the human race gender is 100% futas and femboys. it might be not from this mod but you might know something about it. its just the humans, other race is fine. 

Edit : i THINK this happend after i installed lustbound or something.
Edit 2: Also i forgot to mention, the human bandits/cultist are the ones 100% futas and femboys

Both somewhat intended, though not the interaction.

Lustbound enables cuntboys under the Futanari module, so whenever a male gets tagged as futanari, they are a cuntboy instead.
That said, the futanari module's default settings is that both of those mentioned NPC types are always futanari (Thus always the sub-gender of whatever their normal gender was).

You can easily disable this in the futanari module's config, it was probably done as an example by Locuturus, but those are some of the most common hostile NPC types.

20 hours ago, red3dred said:

Both somewhat intended, though not the interaction.

Lustbound enables cuntboys under the Futanari module, so whenever a male gets tagged as futanari, they are a cuntboy instead.
That said, the futanari module's default settings is that both of those mentioned NPC types are always futanari (Thus always the sub-gender of whatever their normal gender was).

You can easily disable this in the futanari module's config, it was probably done as an example by Locuturus, but those are some of the most common hostile NPC types.

Thanks alot for the reply, sorry for being oblivious but can you show me how to disable it? 

How the everloving fuck do you use this mod. 

I've installed it, even ran the command that has indeed verified that the mod is installed and working.

But there's no fucking guide on how to actually use it.

How does one initiate sex? What do the plugins do? Where are the instructions on the actual use of the mod itself? None of it is documented anywhere in the mod page or the wiki.

I feel like I'm going around in circles trying to figure out how the fuck any of this stuff works.

5 hours ago, Chubby12 said:

I've installed it, even ran the command that has indeed verified that the mod is installed and working.

How does one initiate sex? What do the plugins do? Where are the instructions on the actual use of the mod itself? None of it is documented anywhere in the mod page or the wiki.

I feel like I'm going around in circles trying to figure out how the fuck any of this stuff works.

enhance

https://i.imgur.com/VjHXv9v.png

14 hours ago, Ploximity said:

Thanks alot for the reply, sorry for being oblivious but can you show me how to disable it? 

You just download the UNPAK version, install the mod properly and you can open it, and see the "sxb_plugin.futanari.config" file. By opening that file in any available basic text editor you can change it's values, so long as you stick to the syntaxes and formatting of the file. If you want to just remove that for instance, just scroll down to where it says;
image.png.b242ebbfbd1b212edc7ad0b63661323a.png

... and remove the entries.

7 hours ago, Chubby12 said:

The API, by itself? You really don't do much of anything with the API by itself.

You could always get two players onto a bed with a Sexbound loungeable addon that you can buy from the Infinity-Mart, and put it on a variety of supported beds, mostly the basic  craftable ones from the construction bench, and then place the addon over the bed, and interact with the hearts icon.

There's not a single weapon that causes NPC's/monsters to go into nodes, at most you could use the jars with gnomes/fairies to have a go at the tiny NPC's, but otherwise, nothing you could really do.

The API is a framework for functionality, that is mostly used by other mods or combination of mods. Without Defeat, Aphrodite's Bow, Lewdbound, or even Lustbound and even Naturally Horny, there would be basically no ways to induce NPC's to be horny and join beds, nor cause them to become sex-nodes themselves.

... or you can read lmao. The main topic and the download page both have very much plenty to read about the mod and how to use it, as showcased by @ixtheinterloper.

4 hours ago, ant_9484 said:

do we know what sexbux dose yet.

You use Sexbux to craft the special Sexbound-only objects, and probably more uses later on.

Probably a strange question. But do you think anytime in the future ""not necessarily near"" that sexbound may be able to enable unique animations for certain pairings if someone was willing to go through the hassle of making said animations? So diff species ""if one wanted"" can have differing animations. maybe possibly applicable to defeat  for that extra.. defeat feel? and tera?? which may make making the actual monster animations easier without having to be constrained to the base animations? ""im not sure if its even possible but if it is i would love to know ""Along with a guide for dummies on how to utilize said feature""

22 minutes ago, TheMildlyAshamed said:

Probably a strange question. But do you think anytime in the future ""not necessarily near"" that sexbound may be able to enable unique animations for certain pairings if someone was willing to go through the hassle of making said animations?

So diff species ""if one wanted"" can have differing animations. maybe possibly applicable to defeat  for that extra.. defeat feel? and tera?? which may make making the actual monster animations easier without having to be constrained to the base animations?

""im not sure if its even possible but if it is i would love to know ""Along with a guide for dummies on how to utilize said feature""

You want my credit card number and the keys to my house too? Good grief.

Right now the API doesn't even use species as a table for what positions it can use, a feature i find would be necessary moving on, as monsters won't have all animations available to them, and much less the more complex races that to this day boggle our minds, EG: Arachne, Deerfolk, Taurikin, among others.

What you are describing however, is beyond insane, you're describing that making additional artwork and custom implementation is going to make it easier to make animations in the future as we "wouldn't be constrained to the base animations", that is like saying if you add 4 more tires to a car, it'll make it easier to change tires. That ain't how that works. Adding more artwork is adding more artwork, and the keyword work. Adding more for modders to do, if they so wish, is cool, but it will in no way make it easier for users to create whatever they want. Plus if anything i'm probably the one that'll have to write down the tutorials AFTER i learn how to do it myself.

And, to be fair, after fiddling with the API well enough, you can do a lot more than the constraints initially suggested, things that usually were supposed to be well beyond what the Framework was imagined to be capable of. For examples, the whole of Lustbound's mechanics and their objects have tons of code that allows for fancy new tricks, like objects that change color during animation, custom animated object scenes to go along with the Faux-NPC inside, etc. The API CAN do a lot of fancy things, but we don't lack the means, we lack the manpower and time to do these things. There are only a handful of modders in the scene at the moment, and even fewer that do actively communicate with the community and make content, much less collaborate. And most idle fingers that hope to help are quick to lose interest, sadly, due to either difficulties with the coding aspect, the sheer amount of artwork necessary, or worse, clashes with other users.

25 minutes ago, TheMildlyAshamed said:

Oh i see. Sorry i misunderstood how complicated such features would be ^^; my bad.

Well, good to see my bashing has not massacred yet another user who suggested something a bit out there. My apologies for the harshness too.

Don't be sorry, you didn't know how it all went down to begin with, you weren't making a terrible suggestion that assumes we just didn't make them because we didn't want to. Your idea has it's legs, i'll give it that, depending on how you read it.

Sadly we're just short on people to do stuff really. And 2020 is indeed 2020 so i can understand if anyone doesn't have the time or patience to put into working for free, for a adult mod.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

https://pastebin.com/nMZ7QBft hey boss i tried what you said by making a folder inside of the mods folder but im still crashing upon start up get the chuckle but thats it

11 hours ago, Zeropanzer99 said:

like im probably just dumb and doing something horribly wrong here but i dont know what im doing wrong

... but... uh...

Did you... did you forget to install Starbound inside of your Starbound? "packed.pak", the file containing all of the game's assets, is just... not there? You know, it says here you're trying to launch the game, without the game files. I am unsure of how, why or even... I am just confused.

image.png.62a67580abf1cf7936e9b7d08cb69ef0.png

From the very short log you've sent; The folder "assets" is supposed to contain said file, and it's supposed to be detected and listed here. Instead it only seems to detect whatever is under "assets/user" which is usually just harmless .abc files (The song files for using instruments). It's crashing because it cannot find basic game files, EG: "interface.config". Sexbound cannot function, without Starbound...

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

... but... uh...

Did you... did you forget to install Starbound inside of your Starbound? "packed.pak", the file containing all of the game's assets, is just... not there? You know, it says here you're trying to launch the game, without the game files. I am unsure of how, why or even... I am just confused.

From the very short log you've sent; The folder "assets" is supposed to contain said file, and it's supposed to be detected and listed here. Instead it only seems to detect whatever is under "assets/user" which is usually just harmless .abc files (The song files for using instruments). It's crashing because it cannot find basic game files, EG: "interface.config". Sexbound cannot function, without Starbound...

yeah the asset file isnt showing up let me delete it and redownload the mod

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

... but... uh...

its back up and running but im pretty sure i goofed up the mod download some way or another