I've got a question! Is there a way to trigger NPCs to turn into SexNodes upon reaching a certain arousal threshold without needing the Bow or Defeat? I'm curious since I'm currently after seeing a sort of random sex style mod where NPCs you can encounter can have sex on the spot, or you can have consensual scenes with monsters and the like.

I have been attempting to locate the files related to npc creation.  I wanted to make it so all npc's spawn as male.  Changing all the gendered sprites has a close effect but I would prefer to adjust it so that all npc seeds create males.  Has anyone else attempted something similar?

15 hours ago, kylegaming10 said:

I have follow the instruction so that it can run with make the unv a cuter place but it end up crashing.
Here is my log file
https://pastebin.com/aq6zgvzh

You've edited a PAK file in notepad. We can't help you. Try doing it the normal way, without using PAK files.

7 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

I've got a question! Is there a way to trigger NPCs to turn into SexNodes upon reaching a certain arousal threshold without needing the Bow or Defeat? I'm curious since I'm currently after seeing a sort of random sex style mod where NPCs you can encounter can have sex on the spot, or you can have consensual scenes with monsters and the like.

Currently? Nope. I was considering how complex would it be to have this as a mechanic and a whole expansion to the Aphrodite's mod;

Idea was simple: You reach 100% "arousal", you get noded. Without "Naturally Horny" this wouldn't even happen naturally, only to NPCs if you have that.

Here's where the idea got more complex: The Cult of Aphrodite, a Occasus equivalent that uses special Aphrodite weapons (Not the imbued bow), which instead of dealing heatlh-damage, deal "arousal damage". If you reach 100, you get noded, like mentioned before. You can also add special pheromone attacks to monsters, and you covered pretty much all bases. Only problem lies in creating this "Defeat-like" scenario and the whole detection that someone is noded, by the NPC's.

This was the whole idea i had once, and while i find it interesting, the sheer amount of people that have countered it with "But Starbound's combat is bad" had motivated me to not pursue it.

5 hours ago, jblu26 said:

I have been attempting to locate the files related to npc creation.  I wanted to make it so all npc's spawn as male.  Changing all the gendered sprites has a close effect but I would prefer to adjust it so that all npc seeds create males.  Has anyone else attempted something similar?

You are looking for the vanilla Starbound files, and setting their "identity" parameter to always be "gender" : "male", other than that, you'd probably really need a complicated script that made it so all NPC's would run a check if they're male on generation/regeneration, then respawn as male if they aren't.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Currently? Nope. I was considering how complex would it be to have this as a mechanic and a whole expansion to the Aphrodite's mod;

Idea was simple: You reach 100% "arousal", you get noded. Without "Naturally Horny" this wouldn't even happen naturally, only to NPCs if you have that.

Here's where the idea got more complex: The Cult of Aphrodite, a Occasus equivalent that uses special Aphrodite weapons (Not the imbued bow), which instead of dealing heatlh-damage, deal "arousal damage". If you reach 100, you get noded, like mentioned before. You can also add special pheromone attacks to monsters, and you covered pretty much all bases. Only problem lies in creating this "Defeat-like" scenario and the whole detection that someone is noded, by the NPC's.

This was the whole idea i had once, and while i find it interesting, the sheer amount of people that have countered it with "But Starbound's combat is bad" had motivated me to not pursue it.

That actually sounds neat though. If that could work mechanically, you could perhaps join the cult or kill them to get access to a sort of super-Statue of Dibella/Aphrodite that could allow that arousal effect to trigger in player built towns and such, so you could have dens of degeneracy without needing piles of beds with SxB objects potentially seeming out of place, or people consensually letting monsters have turns on them.

57 minutes ago, Random_Troll said:

Hello, me again. Trying to get back into Starbound after not playing for ages, updated what I could Sexbound wise, not sure if I'm missing anything, or it's a mod conflict from Steam. Can I get some help?

https://pastebin.com/aHwxLaFg

You have Frackin Universe and Frackin Races installed at the same time from what I can see, unsubscribe from Races on Steam Workshop and try it again. Races is incorporated into Universe now, so the former is redundant and can cause the 'Assets dependencies form a cycle' error.

3 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

You have Frackin Universe and Frackin Races installed at the same time from what I can see, unsubscribe from Races on Steam Workshop and try it again. Races is incorporated into Universe now, so the former is redundant and can cause the 'Assets dependencies form a cycle' error.

That seems to have done that trick, thanks!! I never would have guessed Races would have become redundant. Thanks again! Until next time ;)

I was tinkering around in the files and was experimenting with the climax.particle files and I noticed when I changed the "type" to something other then ember I would CTD on start up. this being the problem 

[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ObjectException) Error loading object '/objects/biome/scorchedcity/scorchedcityfridge/scorchedcityfridge.object': (MapException) Key 'goo' not found in Map::get()

Any particle type I tried had the same result. I was just wondering if changing the particle type was more involved then I thought, or if this is just a strange mod conflict.

Hi, so I know this is fairly.. far out from when this mod blew up. I'm knew to PC's/gaming Laptops and modding completely, however I tested my knowledge and have successfully downloaded several other mods through various websites (other than steam workshop) and all have come out successful within the first few attempts. but, this mod is the only one I've never been able to have work. like, when downloading and extracting into my mods folder for StarBound, it works.. sure.. but only for the most part, when I try to configure the plugins or whatever, it gives me a list saying "fatal error" with about 17 things listed that I have no idea what it means. but I go back to the instructions and try different methods and then the same one in the instructions but it simply wont allow the configuration to work. the Fetish one of course. I went to the file.. problem is, the one listed for download had everything in one rather than separated into different collaborating folders, and the ones that do split into consecutive folders, dont have the pregnant config file. anyway, the file that has everything compiled together has the Fetish "enable' true/false" listed 3-4 times, I tried inputting true in all, it wouldnt work and then tried one at a time (on their own) and it never pulled through.

itd either keep my game from opening and/or not even start whilst giving me the errors list, or itd start up and run just fine....  but the mod isnt actually loaded or in affect in any way.

5 hours ago, acevariable4017 said:

Hi, so I know this is fairly.. far out from when this mod blew up. I'm knew to PC's/gaming Laptops and modding completely, however I tested my knowledge and have successfully downloaded several other mods through various websites (other than steam workshop) and all have come out successful within the first few attempts. but, this mod is the only one I've never been able to have work. like, when downloading and extracting into my mods folder for StarBound, it works.. sure.. but only for the most part, when I try to configure the plugins or whatever, it gives me a list saying "fatal error" with about 17 things listed that I have no idea what it means. but I go back to the instructions and try different methods and then the same one in the instructions but it simply wont allow the configuration to work. the Fetish one of course. I went to the file.. problem is, the one listed for download had everything in one rather than separated into different collaborating folders, and the ones that do split into consecutive folders, dont have the pregnant config file. anyway, the file that has everything compiled together has the Fetish "enable' true/false" listed 3-4 times, I tried inputting true in all, it wouldnt work and then tried one at a time (on their own) and it never pulled through.

itd either keep my game from opening and/or not even start whilst giving me the errors list, or itd start up and run just fine....  but the mod isnt actually loaded or in affect in any way.

Why the hell is your text edited to be so hard to read? Good grief.

Other than that, here's what i can gather:
You downloaded the PAK version, works for you, but then you decided to try and edit configs, with the PAK version. That's a no-no. Can't do.
Then you say you download the UNPAK version and can't find the files, referring to "files aren't even there". If you don't explain what you're following to find said files, i can't say whether you're right or wrong, but i will say you are currently wrong as the files are there; At some point they were moved from;

"<Sexbound folder>/scripts/sexbound/plugins/<Plugin name>/<Plugin name>.config"

to simply:

"<Sexbound folder>/sxb_plugin.<plugin name>.config"

Example:

image.png.3790d77229b49a453d17f32bc66d2a29.png

Also, remember to use the proper folder structure, only one folder, and therefore there needs to be at least a folder. EG:
Mods -> Sexbound folder

And NOT:
Mods -> Loose files of Sexbound
Mods -> Sexbound Folder -> Another Sexbound Folder

yeah sorry about that, I figured it would be easier to keep it "organized" with a sort of colour code to it but it wouldnt show very well on the natural grey. but the instructions I followed were of the FAQ, saying to find the config file and just change to true.

but I went to the "older" versions of it and tried those V4 ones and they worked but it didnt show the config file, the one I downloaded from the very top of the screen here at loverslab had everything but didnt work when trying to configure it.

I didnt realize I had to get the  src.zip for the configurations to work, I would screenshot what it is Im seeing and doing but.. again Im new to computers in general, so I dunno how to do that to be quite honest.

3 hours ago, thedarkwanderer42 said:

So whatever happened to sexboundapi.com? I see a lot of older posts across the Starbound section here directly deffering to the site, but it seems to be down entirely?

8 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

The wiki appears to be down so I'd like to ask; is there a record of all the items/objects that SxB adds? Trying to find all the supported beds/tables and such that belong to SxB exclusively, but I dont know for certain where to craft certain things.

Well what a coincidence, both are down.

As in, SexboundAPI.com was taken down because there were tasks/chores needed to upkeep it and not enough revenue from the ads (Likely not enough user visits) that it didn't pay for itself.
Wiki was in a similar issue except it also lacked the content, as nobody wrote articles/tutorials in there.

Loc has dropped both as far as i know.

As for the list of what content is avaiable, it's best to just check the unpacked mod under the objects folder. Because, even then, you have a lot of sub-folders to browse through.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

As for the list of what content is avaiable, it's best to just check the unpacked mod under the objects folder. Because, even then, you have a lot of sub-folders to browse through.

I did look in there and try to spawn in a couple of items by their name in the folders but that doesn't work and I just get lovely green cubes. Is there anywhere in particular I should look to get the item's spawnable ID?

17 hours ago, NikitaRGX said:

I did look in there and try to spawn in a couple of items by their name in the folders but that doesn't work and I just get lovely green cubes. Is there anywhere in particular I should look to get the item's spawnable ID?

Well, all object files, item files.... pretty much any file that isn't a LUA script can be opened in notepad allowing you to see what it's actually called internally (ID), and even the scripts can be opened in notepad. Nothing in Starbound has encryption except player files and i think maybe world/universe files, for some reason.

Another way you could do this to ease your access is to use Windows or equivalent search to list all .object files. Also, beware of the .patch files too. Supported beds aren't listed as .object because we are changing existing beds.

Example of how a object looks compared to a patch:

image.png.0744e91483738f5c3b93bf78af558148.png
Object file does this at the start.

image.png.0e3a9626c5ec49f76bf2fd67024bccfa.png

Patch does this at the start, but the object is the same as it used to be. In this case it's best to refer to a vanilla wiki.

There are Sexbound only variants too, in this case, they are entirely separate objects:

image.png.73b052ebb3ec8090a20bb759b042b4a6.png

This is all there is to it.

Also, do show what you're trying to do to spawn these items, because there maybe always be a small typo or something else.

When I try to boot up the game I get kicked out right before the chucklefish logo would appear, I'm sending you the logs Red, Tell me how I fucked up this time xD. Also Log one is in the comment but logs 2-5 are in "Queue" according to the according to the uploaded files, so I don't know what's going on there. starbound.log.1

Addendum: the queue wasn't moving for the other 4 logs so I'm only able to post the first log, sorry about that red, I'll try to figure out what's going on.

1 hour ago, RagnaBlade said:

When I try to boot up the game I get kicked out right before the chucklefish logo would appear, I'm sending you the logs Red, Tell me how I fucked up this time xD. Also Log one is in the comment but logs 2-5 are in "Queue" according to the according to the uploaded files, so I don't know what's going on there. starbound.log.1

Addendum: the queue wasn't moving for the other 4 logs so I'm only able to post the first log, sorry about that red, I'll try to figure out what's going on.

... well, that's a new one. Can't say i've ever seen this one.

Spoiler

[Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (MapException) Key 'genericScriptContexts' not found in Map::get()

I'm not quite sure what to suggest, and what to remove... Firstly, though, Sexbound Tweaker has to go, you have two Sergal Supports, the one labeled "SexboundAPI" is usually the older one, same for Argonian Supports, and i cannot confirm or deny whether the Villager Patch is still a thing that works.

Other than the local lewd mods, only other suggestion i have is 1) Checking if there's anything inside of that "humanoid" folder in the mods, it's supposed to be race PNG's, but if a extra file is in there, it might bungle something, and also, 2) try verifying the game integrity.

... this is a really odd error.

10 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I'm not quite sure what to suggest, and what to remove... Firstly, though, Sexbound Tweaker has to go, you have two Sergal Supports, the one labeled "SexboundAPI" is usually the older one, same for Argonian Supports, and i cannot confirm or deny whether the Villager Patch is still a thing that works.

Other than the local lewd mods, only other suggestion i have is 1) Checking if there's anything inside of that "humanoid" folder in the mods, it's supposed to be race PNG's, but if a extra file is in there, it might bungle something, and also, 2) try verifying the game integrity.

... this is a really odd error.

What do you mean by Extra file? I deleted all the mods with the "sexboundAPI" At the start of the name, Deleted the sexbound Tweaker and I deleted the Villigar patch

3 minutes ago, NikitaRGX said:

I have another question, dunno if I've asked it before though but is there a way for NPC/Monsters to switch from top/bottom in the same manner they automatically switch positions?

... you could probably hook code to the end of the climax-position-switch function to also reorder the actors, but i don't know if that's a good idea. For NPC's, sure, it may lead to some female-on-male pegging without a peg, generally awkward, but that's not the worst. Some monsters just don't have alternate role sprites, which will lead to more issues. You'd need to also implement the checks along, more than likely.

2 minutes ago, RagnaBlade said:

What do you mean by Extra file? I deleted all the mods with the "sexboundAPI" At the start of the name, Deleted the sexbound Tweaker and I deleted the Villigar patch

In your mods folder, the Log mentions there is a "humanoid" folder. That's the name of the folder that's supposed to contain the race's sprites, so i assume you downloaded some skin mod (EEBS, Naked this and that, etc) that came with just the humanoid folder.

You need to put that folder inside another folder, like installing a UNPAK version, and also make sure there aren't any other random files in there, that aren't PNG's and frames files and such. I realize it's a bit of a ordeal to ask of someone who doesn't know the modding shit to "Make sure there are no weird files" but i don't really have any other advice there.

If the issue persists, i don't know what to tell you, may i ask if the issue is new, with you updating your local mods only, or is it something that just started happening? Because if it's the last one, i sadly have to inform you, you may need to manually crop some workshop mods until you find out which one is doing what it does. There were a few old mods in the log, that were mentioned, but i won't point any fingers as i am not certain.

42 minutes ago, red3dred said:

... you could probably hook code to the end of the climax-position-switch function to also reorder the actors, but i don't know if that's a good idea. For NPC's, sure, it may lead to some female-on-male pegging without a peg, generally awkward, but that's not the worst. Some monsters just don't have alternate role sprites, which will lead to more issues. You'd need to also implement the checks along, more than likely.

In your mods folder, the Log mentions there is a "humanoid" folder. That's the name of the folder that's supposed to contain the race's sprites, so i assume you downloaded some skin mod (EEBS, Naked this and that, etc) that came with just the humanoid folder.

You need to put that folder inside another folder, like installing a UNPAK version, and also make sure there aren't any other random files in there, that aren't PNG's and frames files and such. I realize it's a bit of a ordeal to ask of someone who doesn't know the modding shit to "Make sure there are no weird files" but i don't really have any other advice there.

If the issue persists, i don't know what to tell you, may i ask if the issue is new, with you updating your local mods only, or is it something that just started happening? Because if it's the last one, i sadly have to inform you, you may need to manually crop some workshop mods until you find out which one is doing what it does. There were a few old mods in the log, that were mentioned, but i won't point any fingers as i am not certain.

As of right now it seems to work, My main question would be, does Lewdbound work on this new version, it was in the manual that you spawn with, so I assume so.

1 hour ago, RagnaBlade said:

As of right now it seems to work, My main question would be, does Lewdbound work on this new version, it was in the manual that you spawn with, so I assume so.

Lewdbound as far as i know doesn't have anything that requires updating, nobody reporting anything yet.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:57 PM, red3dred said:

Well what a coincidence, both are down.

As in, SexboundAPI.com was taken down because there were tasks/chores needed to upkeep it and not enough revenue from the ads (Likely not enough user visits) that it didn't pay for itself.
Wiki was in a similar issue except it also lacked the content, as nobody wrote articles/tutorials in there.

Loc has dropped both as far as i know.

Damn, that's not good to hear. Did anyone archive it while it was up? Or at least have the information somewhere or something.