6 hours ago, brikbeard said:

i have a bit of an issue, for some reason my actors won't use any of the emotes while they're having fun with each others, tested it out with the human, is there any way to fix this problem?

Sounds like a strange issue, could you perhaps do this...

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

2 hours ago, brikbeard said:

here you go

So, given these:

Spoiler

[06:47:34.785] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor1/human/head_default.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor1/human/head_default.png'
[06:47:37.265] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor2/human/head_default.png', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such asset '/artwork/humanoid/actor2/human/head_default.png'
[06:47:37.429] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:blabber.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:blabber.1 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:47:37.570] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:blabber.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:blabber.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:47:39.752] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:oh.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:oh.1 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:47:39.839] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:oh.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:oh.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:48:01.556] [Info] Actor being impregnated is futanari gender, and partner is male gender.
[06:48:03.598] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:blink.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:blink.1 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:48:04.433] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:happy.1', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:happy.1 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:48:04.916] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:happy.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:happy.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:48:05.501] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:blink.2', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:blink.2 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames
[06:48:07.136] [Error] Could not load image asset '/artwork/defaults/default_image.png:default:blink.3', using placeholder default.
(AssetException) No such frame default:blink.3 in frames spec /artwork/defaults/default.frames

Plus other files i've seen in your mods folder, it's safe to assume that you've messed with configs and altered things, so they aren't working. Also, refer to the KNOWN ISSUE of the emote/moan module breaking things. I'd recommend using a fresh install and trying again.

On 6/1/2020 at 10:01 PM, red3dred said:

You can do that to temporarily solve the issue, yes. I am planning and working on a update, albeit, i don't have access to the file controls on this post, so i will probably post it in comments-- anyhow, on the version i'm working with, it has already been reverted, because if the mod ignores backwards compatibility, and breaks not only moans but also emotes in for alien races, while also not defaulting, it needs to be changed.

Easiest fix in the world, just copy the human patch, change the name, and throw it in your custom race mod folder.

7 hours ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

Hey so for some odd reason and im trying to run a dedicated server but for some unknown reason we keep getting this as an error 
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716045157773869076/717984942541504552/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716045157773869076/717985428497498113/unknown.png

Do you know at all what might be causing this?

Good errors, yes. I still can't tell you what to do without the below though;

So, to better report issues, try providing a log file and a description of the issue.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

After you provide a log of the game/server running your total pack and give me a full error, i can tell you what's up. The only thing i can tell you right off the bat is; Something's not right with your installation if NPC's are nil and sexbound config is refusing to load. For anything else i'll need the log. Pardon if that sounds rude, but i really can't work miracles if you give me two excerpts of a book and want to know from what book it's from.

2 hours ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

Ah yeah sorrry about that ill send in the whole log. one moment

From what we have seen everytime a player that is kazdra joins the server a stack overflow occurs

2 hours ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

We have been TRYING to fix it

and its appearing in server logs if i recall only

Hmm... Still missing the start of the log. I value privacy as much as the next of kin but without the part where it lists the mods being loaded, if they're fine, etc, it's hard to tell you what's up. But so far it looks like whatever that one player does by existing, implodes the NPC code and causes the server to choke. I can't tell where implosion begins or what causes it because the log is edited and starts off at "Stack Overflow".

So, if you don't trust sharing your logs, i guess i'm not trusted to help either. Feel free to DM other users for help.

So, @COSMICMISTRESS, it seems your issue is rather blatant... If 100 thousand lines of errors are correct. What does this entail however i am uncertain. Here;

Spoiler

[14:48:17.924] [Error] [string "/npcs/bmain.lua"]:191: (StarException) Lua Exception caught running action node enableTrading in behavior merchant: (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:8: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '_ENV.pairs'
    [string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:8: in global 'buildTradingConfig'
    [string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:153: in function <[string "/scripts/actions/merchant.lua"]:151>

For some reason or another, whenever you play as that character, which gets identified as Sergal during INIT, this error is just tossed around constantly. I can't pinpoint if it's one particular NPC or just the character in general, but it appears to be the latter, as the error follows them around for a while. The character then teleports to their Ship, which causes this to stop. Near the end of the log, the player switches to another character, and then plays normally, no such error.

Spoiler

<Error lives up here>

image.png.a2911b40dcf00d274620fe6ec428e5a1.png

I don't know the races between Sample A and Sample B but it's clear there are differences. Notably, the Frackin' Races effect for a race on Sample B either does not exist or is broken. This by itself causes several of the game's scripts to not work properly, such as the BYOS zero-G when outside the ship. (Log says A is Sergal and B is Peglaci, yet error is hibani)

Spoiler

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: /species/hibani.raceeffect, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /species/hibani.raceeffect

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/species/hibani.raceeffect'

Despite the ton of mods and several overlapping mods (FR is now part of FU isn't it? Or did they roll that back after they caused the game to implode?) and not much information to go off of here, i'd suggest trying a third character race, that is FR supported, and isn't the same as Sample A, to confirm whether there is simply a mod constantly erroring one thing, or if it's a general issue that gets a cork-stopper when FR errors.

Other general advice is just, y'know, trim some mods, check that you don't have several mods that do the same thing, check what FU is up to with their updates (This one generally just breaks everything), or last hunch, i don't know if SSVM has a specific merchant code running, but if so, that might be worth noting.

Spoiler

image.png.49cb5faca5cecaeafb5aa3e8a1596775.png

These two for instance might be incompatible with each other, but there are so many BYOS and FR patches i can't tell what is what. What the quack is Frackin Roaches

All that said, if you are playing on a local-hosted multiplayer with folks, as shown in previous logs, and this person is having trouble, make sure they are running the same (Hopefully exact) workshop content as yours. Take into consideration FU in particular updates several times a week and can update mid-session, although it's rare it'd cause this much trouble. On the previous log that was the Stack Overflow (Which is still missing the source of said Overflow) it was clear the errors were caused by someone connecting and whatever was running inside their ship/character, caused the game to choke, so the rest of that log could be helpful, but i've preached enough about that and won't ask for another log.

8 hours ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

this happens only with the server and we think its kazdra being old as fuck to be honest. Because when that player joins the stack overflow starts and it seems to be that species in particular doing this. 

As much as that'd make sense for other games, Starbound's code barely changes between versions, and if a race doesn't have super fancy special racial effects (FR kicks in heavily here) then they barely need updates. Avali for instance have been the same since the Beta days, no massive change in code or mod structure. Of course, i don't play as Kazdra nor with all your mods and thus can't confirm or deny this.

was there an update in the past 18 hours?

cause my animations work fine for the supported races.

i had an issue when i still used the venus enhancement, which did lead to not being able to change any animations.

the bow doesnt work for me either, but im not sure if thats the mods fault and since this isnt the mod which adds the bow im not sure how helpfull that is to be mentioned, ill have a look at the aphrodite mod, maybe the bug is allready explained there :)

7 hours ago, Saber_Braveheart said:

well the new update has completely destroyed everything I can't see any animations can't do nothing with anything the bow doesn't work even with the new one every single update doesn't work anymore idk what was changed but this update has completely broke the entire engine

There hasn't been a update in a while, and i'd wager something is not updated properly, at any rate, being negative like that won't help fix your issue, instead try posting a log containing the errors, and we'll take a look and give you help and advice. The version that is currently available is indeed not the best, and has some issues that require fixing, but it is able to run for several hundred, if not at least a thousand users.

37 minutes ago, Solzucht said:

was there an update in the past 18 hours?

cause my animations work fine for the supported races.

i had an issue when i still used the venus enhancement, which did lead to not being able to change any animations.

the bow doesnt work for me either, but im not sure if thats the mods fault and since this isnt the mod which adds the bow im not sure how helpfull that is to be mentioned, ill have a look at the aphrodite mod, maybe the bug is allready explained there :)

Nope, and yeah, if you use a older, outdated mod, that overwrites things in the API, things are bound to break sadly. We can't account and fix mods of other people, we have plenty to develop on our own. The bow is supposed to work, however, if you're using the latest Aphrodite's Bow. If you remain having problems with it, feel free to follow the instructions above and we'll provide advices and hopefully solutions.

50 minutes ago, Random_Troll said:

Been away from the game for a while, and I'm getting a CTD just as the main menu is about to load, I think. It's probably something to do with FU incompatibilities, but wanna make sure here just in case it's Sexbound related. Can anyone help me out?

starbound.log 238.16 kB · 0 downloads

You have FU and Prop-pack. FU has Prop-pack in it. Double items, instant crash.

Sexbound wise, it's not really anything that looks broken, would just recommend updating the NaturallyHorny, and checking. VillagerPatch might cause problems, but i'd test first.