Hi, i was having a problem that i seemed(?) to have fixed, thought i'd post my story here for others having the same issue

I'm had a problem with the "you're giving birth" message not going away. when i pushed either "now" or "later" it didn't go away. this allowed me to birth seemingly infinite babies. my character is a male apex and im have the "lewdbound0.6.6", "sexbound_tweaker_v372", "nathorny_v37p". and "sexbound-statueofdibella-v1.1.0" mods installed. I was knocked up by a glitch. I tried take the U.I. fike for the message out of the conformation folder in the sexbound-3.14.0.src folder, and that seemed to have worked. just hope it doesn't fuck me over in the long run. 

will update if it so happens to do just that.

A while back when sexbound was still being worked on I remember that there was a useful website that showcased a lot of good mods compatible with sexbound like race support or the sex toys vending machines, I noticed only recently that the website apparently doesn’t exist anymore so my question is this, does anyone have a list or anything like that of all the sexbound mods?

hey im tryiong to work with some stuff but alot of custom things for species having support for this are either in only pak or zip format do they both accept one another or how does this work exactly like one will just be a zip another a pak and im having issues opening paks

1 hour ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

hey im tryiong to work with some stuff but alot of custom things for species having support for this are either in only pak or zip format do they both accept one another or how does this work exactly like one will just be a zip another a pak and im having issues opening paks

Get 7zip (google it) and use that to extract any archive formats you come across. The .pak extension is a format used by Starbound for mods that run better than loose files, so all you need to do on your end to get any .paks working is simply place them in your mods folder (C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods or wherever you have Starbound installed). If you downloaded some mods in a .zip/.rar/.7z format or whatever, those are archives that will need to be extracted first (with a program like 7zip).

3 hours ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

Also where do i go to make a request for sexbound its here right i was going to ask if this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1789115955

Essentially protogen sexbound support

You usually go here;

And then there are a few standards to asking for the allowance from the mod author;

• Approach the author and (preferably) ask for a private conversation about using their assets.
  • After they accept, ask for allowance to use their assets and race's likeness, but making clear it's for adult purposes. (Most modders will catch onto this by then)
  • If that's allowed, a screenshot proving the conversation took place is a good thing to keep. Feel free to censor your/asker's steam name.

I doubt the Protogens will be allowed, last i knew of them, there was a large copyright kerfuffle that nobody wanted to take part in, which might make the modder nervous about "using their assets".

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

You usually go here;

And then there are a few standards to asking for the allowance from the mod author;

• Approach the author and (preferably) ask for a private conversation about using their assets.
  • After they accept, ask for allowance to use their assets and race's likeness, but making clear it's for adult purposes. (Most modders will catch onto this by then)
  • If that's allowed, a screenshot proving the conversation took place is a good thing to keep. Feel free to censor your/asker's steam name.

I doubt the Protogens will be allowed, last i knew of them, there was a large copyright kerfuffle that nobody wanted to take part in, which might make the modder nervous about "using their assets".

Good evening everyone! I made that there Protogen mod, and I'd like to toss my hat into the ring here.

Fuckin' go for it dudes! I really don't mind at all! I can even provide sprite files directly to whoever wants to actually do the editing and stuff, as long as proper credit is given and all that. Do keep in mind that this does NOT include the assets from the resprite mod by my friend Riv, though I could certainly ask her as well if need be. I simply ask to be kept as "in-the-loop" as I can with this kind of thing, especially since it would be directly using my assets I created, and I'm interested to see what you do with them.

42 minutes ago, Shotshell156 said:

Good evening everyone! I made that there Protogen mod, and I'd like to toss my hat into the ring here.

Fuckin' go for it dudes! I really don't mind at all! I can even provide sprite files directly to whoever wants to actually do the editing and stuff, as long as proper credit is given and all that. Do keep in mind that this does NOT include the assets from the resprite mod by my friend Riv, though I could certainly ask her as well if need be. I simply ask to be kept as "in-the-loop" as I can with this kind of thing, especially since it would be directly using my assets I created, and I'm interested to see what you do with them.

Hello. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but could you possibly provide proof that you are the developer? I just want people to be sure it is the developer and not someone pretending.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie21093 said:

Hello. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but could you possibly provide proof that you are the developer? I just want people to be sure it is the developer and not someone pretending.

Yeah sure, the Discord server for my mod is linked in the mod description, and my Discord account is Epic Gamer. If the screenshot doesn't quite do it, pop in there and shoot me a DM.

Here's a screenshot from the DMs between Cosmic and I

14 minutes ago, COSMICMISTRESS said:

Also for some reason i cant type in the requests section? theres no option to im like brand new to this site. Appologies.

Well, have you tried joining the club? Also, the status under your name there (New Members) prevents you from using some website features until your account is at least a few days old or so.

2 hours ago, Shotshell156 said:

Oh hey there! Good to hear less people are afraid of Sexbound lol, it really is a problem sometimes, but i am thankful you've come to pay us a visit!

Discovered a bug in colonydeed override wrt summoning tenants, patched it in my personal installation/builds.

Fix is as follows:

$ git show 7fa97393e8e0b92e7a47facfc717de72c66a84b6
commit 7fa97393e8e0b92e7a47facfc717de72c66a84b6 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: REDACTED <REDACTED>
Date:   Mon Jun 01 00:38:24 2020

fix bug where tenants cannot be summoned home

diff --git a/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua b/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
index 7e6cee5..531d019 100644
--- a/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
+++ b/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@ function callTenantsHome(reason)
   -- Smash Sexbound nodes to release NPCs
   if not isEmpty(storage.sexboundEntities) then
     util.each(storage.sexboundEntities, function(_, entityId)
-      if world.entityExist(entityId) then
+      if world.entityExists(entityId) then
         world.callScriptedEntity(entityId, "smash")
       end
     end)

2 hours ago, NextToNothing said:

Discovered a bug in colonydeed override wrt summoning tenants, patched it in my personal installation/builds.

Fix is as follows:

$ git show 7fa97393e8e0b92e7a47facfc717de72c66a84b6
commit 7fa97393e8e0b92e7a47facfc717de72c66a84b6 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: REDACTED <REDACTED>
Date:   Mon Jun 01 00:38:24 2020

fix bug where tenants cannot be summoned home

diff --git a/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua b/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
index 7e6cee5..531d019 100644
--- a/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
+++ b/src/scripts/sexbound/override/colonydeed.lua
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@ function callTenantsHome(reason)
   -- Smash Sexbound nodes to release NPCs
   if not isEmpty(storage.sexboundEntities) then
     util.each(storage.sexboundEntities, function(_, entityId)
-      if world.entityExist(entityId) then
+      if world.entityExists(entityId) then
         world.callScriptedEntity(entityId, "smash")
       end
     end)

Ay, thanks for pointing that out. Crikey, the whole commit huh?

... Wait, really, just a single s?
Well, i'm gonna complain, thanks for that.

Yes, I stuff most projects I tinker with into Git - makes it easier to automate pak builds.

It appears that fix might actually expose a worse issue.  I'm noticing NPC tenants slowly falling into a "stasis" of some form, where they are no longer providing chat bubble interaction responses, but aren't behaving entirely like nodes.  Attempting to summon the tenant via the colony deed has no effect with no errors logged, but I am able to do damage and what looks like destroy a node every few seconds.  It does not help, howeever, as the NPC does not revert to standard tenant behavior afterward and continues just...standing there.

Save/quit/reload and tenant behavior returns to normal, though - up until the stasis behavior resumes, that is. 

Not seeing anything logged currently; will probably need to turn on info logging. 

Mod load list (apologies for the amount of redaction, but I have a lot of private mods):

[02:22:23.906] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\assets\packed.pak'
[02:22:24.357] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Optimizebound.pak'
[02:22:24.550] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\QuickBarMini.pak'
[02:22:24.551] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\StardustLib.pak'
[02:22:24.553] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound.pak'
[02:22:24.562] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\SpawnableItemPack.pak'
[02:22:24.564] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\CottonYarn.pak'
[02:22:24.564] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.588] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\skippable_cinematics_1-1.pak'
[02:22:24.589] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\EnhancedStorage_v5.8.4.pak'
[02:22:24.606] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.607] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.610] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\LiquidPumps.pak'
[02:22:24.611] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.611] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\NpcAndMonsterFallDamage_1.0.pak'
[02:22:24.611] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.611] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\OneHandedTorch.pak'
[02:22:24.611] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\PerennialCrops.pak'
[02:22:24.612] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\PheremoneLaunchers.pak'
[02:22:24.613] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.613] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.613] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\anotherCharCreationMenu.pak'
[02:22:24.613] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\craft_mech_stations.pak'
[02:22:24.613] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\disable_rot.pak'
[02:22:24.614] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\extended_gui.pak'
[02:22:24.614] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.614] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\mmm.pak'
[02:22:24.615] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\sexbound-alluringtoysco-1.11.0.pak'
[02:22:24.616] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\sexbound-aphrodites-bow-5.0.0.pak'
[02:22:24.618] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.618] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\<REDACTED-PRIVATE MOD>.pak'
[02:22:24.619] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\Sexbound_NaturallyHorny3140.pak'
[02:22:24.620] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\MechOverhaul.pak'
[02:22:24.622] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\StardustLibPost.pak'
[02:22:24.623] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\assets\user'

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, dienow said:

So if you have a custom race and moans enabled, is the custom race supposed to use default? Because I have a race that's not using moans. How should I go about adding them in?

3.9+ has a issue in the moan module that breaks moans and emotes. They don't load race-specific moans set in moan.config, instead they only use the patches as seen in the species folder, inside the mod. They SHOULD use default, but that module is not functioning as it should.

24 minutes ago, dienow said:

So I need to create a patch similar to the ones in the species folder?

You can do that to temporarily solve the issue, yes. I am planning and working on a update, albeit, i don't have access to the file controls on this post, so i will probably post it in comments-- anyhow, on the version i'm working with, it has already been reverted, because if the mod ignores backwards compatibility, and breaks not only moans but also emotes in for alien races, while also not defaulting, it needs to be changed.