Birthdays..

I'm not a fan of things that are programmed into our minds by society to view them as acceptance, like religion, holidays, birthdays, weddings, etc. Outside of those parameters you are viewed as an odd person because you don't partake in those practices and traditions. Who would of thought that civilization and society would be so...demanding.

Perhaps I should attempt to move to Sentinel Island. Maybe they welcome me, maybe they'll shoot an arrow in my knee.

• 2 years later...

I don't care for my birthday, neither for other birthdays...

which sometimes is an issues, because I forget birthdays of my family members and close friends. I forget get them, because I don't even care for my own, so a few people are always pissed, because I don't call them or send them a Happy Birthday, stay as you are I wish you all good an health and bla bla bla 

18 minutes ago, HUNK RE2 said:

my birthday is friday but i still hate it

I don't hate mine, though I try to mostly ignore it.  But I mostly replied to say mine is this coming Friday also, which puts us in good company.  Leonard Nimoy also shared the date.  ^_^

My birthday was on Monday. I was always, for the most part, indifferent to it, even as a kid. Wasn't really a big deal to me, although I had 'parties', if you can call them that. Late teens/ early 20's I had attempted to do things, but it never worked out. Either people were flakes, or the just didn't really respond. Now, I go off the Facebook grid for a bit around my birthday. Interesting to find out who all really remembers your birthday without the reminder... 
Like I said, I'm indifferent, but that past few year have probably brought a more negative feeling toward it. 

10 minutes ago, arliel said:

My birthday was on Monday. I was always, for the most part, indifferent to it, even as a kid. Wasn't really a big deal to me, although I had 'parties', if you can call them that. Late teens/ early 20's I had attempted to do things, but it never worked out. Either people were flakes, or the just didn't really respond. Now, I go off the Facebook grid for a bit around my birthday. Interesting to find out who all really remembers your birthday without the reminder... 
Like I said, I'm indifferent, but that past few year have probably brought a more negative feeling toward it. 

Happy belated, fellow Aries.  ;)

4 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

I typically celebrate it by shopping for a nice present for myself

Hmm.... why stop at one? After all you may not like the first present and want to return it.  :lol:

I never liked my birthday because it never felt special being so close to Christmas. You know.... the focus isn't your special day, it's just kinda diluted with the holiday season. Plus I would watch in shock my friends full-blown selfish tearful tantrums replete with arm-waving/finger-pointing at getting the wrong present or the same thing twice out of a mountain of gifts and decided to never raise a fuss about mine. Here in the last years I've changed my attitude to using it as my day to do whatever the hell I want. Still trying to figure out how much I can get away with "Hey... It's MY BIRTHDAY!!" (may require picture i.d. for proof) and since it's so close to the holidays I figure that gives me a little extra leeway. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't too long after 21 that I realized that it's just another day, and there are no more milestones to legal adulthood.  I've gotten to the point of only vaguely knowing what decade of life it is, never mind what end of that decade.  It simply doesn't matter anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, rb888 said:

Wait to you hit 40! Your back will feel it.

Lol My back already feels it. Sucks having a heavy bust.

21 hours ago, SailorPanda said:

My birthday is on the 9th (Mother's Day this year). I'm going to be 31 lol I don't know how I feel about that.

I got a good year on you. For a few weeks after, I forgot I had aged up already... lol Maybe it was my subconscious complaining.