21 hours ago, gooser said:

Honestly debating if the next version of Apropos will be SSE only, or perhaps spend my time bringing Apropos to Fallout 4. Playing FO4 atm and am loving the stability. I know SSE has similar benefits. I've already suffered through one Fallout.exe update from Bethesda which was of course incompatible with the latest FO4SE so I found instructions to revert back my Fallout.exe to the previous version. So if the pain with Skyrim SSE is similar, I think I'm more or less motivated to leave LE behind in the next big Apropos mod, or perhaps I will give FO4 an attempt, though the supporting environment would be totally different (SL vs AAF, etc).  Thoughts?

It's easy enough to port from LE to SE but it's not as easy to go the other way.  Lots of people are still running LE and a lot of those are because Bethesda keeps screwing up the whole world by recompiling the code instead of adding a proper way of inserting their Creation Club BS without having to change the whole game.

Sometime those who are recompiling their SKSE add-ons will get tired and say fuck-it and leave or the SKSE team will decide to stop updating and then...

On 12/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, WaxenFigure said:

It's easy enough to port from LE to SE but it's not as easy to go the other way.  Lots of people are still running LE and a lot of those are because Bethesda keeps screwing up the whole world by recompiling the code instead of adding a proper way of inserting their Creation Club BS without having to change the whole game.

Sometime those who are recompiling their SKSE add-ons will get tired and say fuck-it and leave or the SKSE team will decide to stop updating and then...

Are you referring to users who use mods on the CC as well as Nexus? What if you only use Nexus/LL mods and don't use CC mods at all, and when SkyrimSSE.exe (or whatever the name is) gets updated by Bethesda, just download the older version that is compatible with the most recent version of SKSE?

Question, how can I add custom Descriptions for animations?

I am thinking of adding descriptions for some Anubs Creature animations (Things like the Dragon Priest Mind Control, the general Mind Control, some others.etc)

What names would those animations be for the file in the thing and can I just use another txt from an different animation and rename/rewrite them to fit to the new animation?

11 hours ago, Malos323 said:

I am thinking of adding descriptions for some Anubs Creature animations (Things like the Dragon Priest Mind Control, the general Mind Control, some others.etc)

What names would those animations be for the file in the thing and can I just use another txt from an different animation and rename/rewrite them to fit to the new animation?

So basically, what I do is I start up skyrim, and go and initiate the scene I want to start. After which you can press the ` key on your keyboard, and it will open the console, There will be a string of debug messages in there, along with a the name of the animation. Something like Anubs_Dragonpriest_MC is usually how Anubs keys his animations. You'll want to go to the file called Unique animations, and add your animation to the list of uniques, then create a folder that says FemaleActor_[YourAnimationCode] excluding the brackets, then open the file, and add some text files in there. I suggest just following the pattern the other text files follow, until you can remember how to write them from scratch. But that's the gist of it. This information is also on the main apropos page I believe.... I'll copy and paste below

*********************************************************************************************

If you are adventurous, and are comfortable editing the description text files:

- The database files are located under your '...\Skyrim\Data\Apropos\db' folder.
- The database files are organized into sub-folders, based on PC/NPC type (Male, Female, etc) and the partner type (Male, Falmer, etc).
- Inside each sub-folder, there are one or more database .txt files that represent the sexual part (anal, oral, boobjob, gangbang), and event type (orgasm, stage start), etc.
- Each file contains all versions for all three voices organized as JSON objects.
- Each file is a JSON (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON) formatted file, a notation standard similar, but simpler than XML.
- If you edit the files, the onus is upon you to validate the files, using http://jsonlint.com.
- Each JSON object has at least three keys, usually for the three different voices.
- Synonyms, Arousal_Descriptors and WearAndTear_Descriptors are unique in that they do not contain descriptions, but list of words.
- WearAndTear_Effects is a file containing the numeric values applied to various debuff effects.
- We maintain two Wear and Tear descriptors lists - one is displayed only in MCM and the other in-game.
- Apropos will likely be moving into a split release strategy - one for the main mod, and another installer just for the description database files.
- One main tip - try to balance message length with erotic impact. Longer messages will cause either font size issue (if segmentation is disabled), or message segmentation (which can interfere with immersion). Look for ways to achieve the same type of description but in fewer words.
- The general description files are read in during gameplay and never stored in a saved game. If you edit those, they should always be reflected immediately the next time you start Skyrim.
- Synonyms, Arousal_Descriptors, WearAndTear_Effects and WearAndTear_Descriptors, on the other hand, ARE stored in game saves. If you choose to edit those for a game that has already seen Apropos (been saved with Apropos in your load order), you will need to click the "REFRESH" option under MCM to re-read those files into your game save.
- We are very interested in description submissions!
- The Synonyms system now supports user defined synonym lookups. Apropos will auto-discover any synonym lookup keys and maintain a list during the game for random substitution. As an example, look at the Synonyms.txt file and examine the {SPEED} lookup. Currently there are no descriptions that use {SPEED} as a token, but this is how you would start.

Hope that helps, or least gets you started.

13 hours ago, Malos323 said:

I use the editor:

Mmh never had a problem with this mod until now. 

MCM say my character is not tracked at the moment but still daedric wear texture doesnt go away. If I uninstall I get purple skin textures. 

If I uninstall then save, then clean my save then reinstall the same wear textures appear again. what the fuck.

6 hours ago, Yoda16 said:

Mmh never had a problem with this mod until now. 

MCM say my character is not tracked at the moment but still daedric wear texture doesnt go away. If I uninstall I get purple skin textures. 

If I uninstall then save, then clean my save then reinstall the same wear textures appear again. what the fuck.

Did you use showracemenu while the textures were applied?  It probably saved them as part of your character.  Your issue isn't with the mod.

18 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Did you use showracemenu while the textures were applied?  It probably saved them as part of your character.  Your issue isn't with the mod.

Probably, can't remember though. Is there a way to fix this? But thanks now I know what happened. 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Go to the game in Steam, change default of "keep this game up to date" to "only update when I launch the game" - this stops your game being broken by a Beth update.  Just wait until all your mods are updated before doing the launch update.  As long as you launch via SKSE/FO4SE the game will not update.

Edit - Would love Apropos in Skyrim SE and FO4!!! 

I have a (potentially) strange issue...

I have a ported version of this running on SSE.  I made the file change as given in the instructions by General Neondaze, EXCEPT I also updated the esp to form 44.  Because I'm OCD.  Or something.

Anyhow...everything works...EXCEPT W&T consumables.  Since I also have my own DB update in place, I switched those configs back to LE and tested and they work fine there.

Are any of you SSE users having issues with W&T consumables?  It could just be that I need to go back to form 43, but that would be a weird solution.

Or would it?

I'm so confused.  :)

10 hours ago, Eadoo said:

I have a ported version of this running on SSE.  I made the file change as given in the instructions by General Neondaze, EXCEPT I also updated the esp to form 44.  Because I'm OCD.  Or something.

Anyhow...everything works...EXCEPT W&T consumables.  Since I also have my own DB update in place, I switched those configs back to LE and tested and they work fine there.

Are any of you SSE users having issues with W&T consumables?  It could just be that I need to go back to form 43, but that would be a weird solution.

Or would it?

What, exactly, is the issue you are experiencing?

EDIT:

Also, I have found that converting to form 44 has, for some mods, had unexpected consequences. I tend to leave that conversion alone until I have discovered that not converting causes issues.

10 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Or would it?

24 minutes ago, General Neondaze said:

What, exactly, is the issue you are experiencing?

EDIT:

Also, I have found that converting to form 44 has, for some mods, had unexpected consequences. I tend to leave that conversion alone until I have discovered that not converting causes issues.

Check for errors in SSE edit before AND after resavin. If you have errors in SSE edit, make sure they stay the same in the 43 and 44 versions. If they change you get in trouble. Also check if the script properties are still all set. I had a lot of these issues while porting ZAZ and DD. 

It appears I may have spoken too soon.  I went back and re-tested and it's working as expected.  Perhaps I didn't wait long enough after loading the game and scripts weren't completely running yet?

Sorry for the premature report.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:56 PM, Eadoo said:

I am upgrading to SSE with Apropos 2 as I post this; thanks!  You are a lifesaver.

This did not seem to work for me with Vortex, however, doing it as a suggested by a kind person some pages back:-

" Mod is usable on SE. Download the mod, unzip it, replace Apropos2SystemConfig.pex with the one from Post 93 on page 4, rezip it, and install through mod manager of choice. I haven't had any issues yet... "

On;y I used the pex from the quoted post above.  Appears to be working now!

I'm not sure why wear and tear was tied to orgasms. If no actors orgasm during a scene, w&t isn't applied, which doesn't make much sense to me. Also, it gets applied multiple times for each actor, including the victim, which also doesn't make sense to me. I changed it so it applies at the end of scene.

Apropos2 Edit.zip

8 hours ago, mushroomcap said:

I'm not sure why wear and tear was tied to orgasms. If no actors orgasm during a scene, w&t isn't applied, which doesn't make much sense to me. Also, it gets applied multiple times for each actor, including the victim, which also doesn't make sense to me. I changed it so it applies at the end of scene.

Apropos2 Edit.zip 36.62 kB · 2 downloads

Nice someone else has the same thoughts.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/110477-apropos-2/?do=findComment&comment=2769205