On 9/10/2019 at 11:58 AM, gooser said:

I was wondering about SE. This might be the issue to push over.

How many Apropos2 users would use an SE version over LE if both were available and LE were known to have issues?

I use LE.  I'd *like* to use SE; I only don't because a lot of the patches I'd like to use are LE-only and I lack the knowledge (currently) to fix that.

58 minutes ago, gooser said:

Patches to which mods?

I'm sorry, I wasn't watching my words.  By "patches" I meant "mods".  For specific examples, I just poked through my mod list and found Dibella's Blessings and Dibellan Defender.

Mostly they're old mods for which a specific corresponding SE mod doesn't yet exist.

Hi all, total newbie here in terms of... pretty much anything other than installing mods. 

I was looking through the txt files and it seems like a lot of the female/male lines could be used for male/male animations with only slight modifications. However, since there aren't premade empty txt files for the male/male lines, would it work to just copy the female directories/files and rename, then go in and edit the lines as needed? Or is there something more technical than adding and editing the txt files needed to add male/male actor lines?

For female/female, the Female_FemaleActor files seem to be already present, but mostly empty, so could I copy paste from the  corresponding female x male files and change words as needed? E.g., copy the text from Female_MaleActor_Anal to Female_FemaleActor_Anal and change words like {COCK} to {STRAPON}. I'm okay with repetitiveness, I just don't like gaps in coverage, and I'll likely go in and add unique lines to my liking as things occur to me. 

This mod seems to work more consistently than Sexlab Dirty Talk as far as I can tell, so I was hoping to modify it for my gay and lesbian characters. 

Thanks!

On 9/17/2019 at 2:52 PM, ZoeMememu said:

Hi all, total newbie here in terms of... pretty much anything other than installing mods. 

I was looking through the txt files and it seems like a lot of the female/male lines could be used for male/male animations with only slight modifications. However, since there aren't premade empty txt files for the male/male lines, would it work to just copy the female directories/files and rename, then go in and edit the lines as needed? Or is there something more technical than adding and editing the txt files needed to add male/male actor lines?

For female/female, the Female_FemaleActor files seem to be already present, but mostly empty, so could I copy paste from the  corresponding female x male files and change words as needed? E.g., copy the text from Female_MaleActor_Anal to Female_FemaleActor_Anal and change words like {COCK} to {STRAPON}. I'm okay with repetitiveness, I just don't like gaps in coverage, and I'll likely go in and add unique lines to my liking as things occur to me. 

This mod seems to work more consistently than Sexlab Dirty Talk as far as I can tell, so I was hoping to modify it for my gay and lesbian characters. 

Thanks!

Short answer Lesbian works only test in the FemaleActor_Female file I use the from the first Apropos version. MaleActor_Male = gay is not missing the commands in the Apropos2Descriptions file

46 minutes ago, Unicom1981 said:

Short answer Lesbian works only test in the FemaleActor_Female file I use the from the first Apropos version. MaleActor_Male = gay is not missing the commands in the Apropos2Descriptions file

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. For the femaleactor_female, do you mean there's a more complete set of txt files in the original Apropos files? 

And do you mean the "Apropos2Descriptions" pex file in the Scripts folder? I have no idea how to work with that, which is why I was asking if just copying the female/male files in db folder and renaming/editing them to be male/male would work. Editing txt files is pretty much all I got at the moment. :/

On 9/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, ZoeMememu said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. For the femaleactor_female, do you mean there's a more complete set of txt files in the original Apropos files? 

And do you mean the "Apropos2Descriptions" pex file in the Scripts folder? I have no idea how to work with that, which is why I was asking if just copying the female/male files in db folder and renaming/editing them to be male/male would work. Editing txt files is pretty much all I got at the moment. :/

Debt for my bad English.

Yes you can also copy files from female / male and customize for female / female that would also work.

Only male / male will not work as long as the script in the "Apropos2Descriptions" pex file has not been adjusted as long as Apropos 2 does not recognize male / male actions.

Whether the creator of Apropos that will change the male / male is also recognized I can not say.

8 hours ago, Unicom1981 said:

Debt for my bad English.

Yes you can also copy files from female / male and customize for female / female that would also work.

Only male / male will not work as long as the script in the "Apropos2Descriptions" pex file has not been adjusted as long as Apropos 2 does not recognize male / male actions.

Whether the creator of Apropos that will change the male / male is also recognized I can not say.

It's on the list.

A useful discovery that I made is that you can set up consumables to increase wear & tear rather than healing it, by editing WearAndTear_Consumables.txt.  Add a consumable that you wouldn't normally use and give it a negative value. 

This has been useful if I want to add a bit of wear & tear without using the MCM, since those adjustments only go in whole tier increments, which can be a lot of W&T at higher levels.  It's a tribute to the mod's flexibility that it can be used like this.  Unfortunately, the negative healing applies to all 3 areas, which might not be what I want for a given situation, but often it works well enough for my purposes if I think the last "incident" should have been more damaging. 

Possibly it could be worthwhile, as a new feature at some point, to support targeted healing consumables, such as something to heal just the mouth, or a balm to be used on one orifice (for simplicity you'd still eat or drink it, just pretend that you're rubbing it in the right place).  With a negative value, a consumable could then damage one area, if the player wants to bump up the effects of, say, a particularly rough round of anal sex. 

13 hours ago, 7osisg4d said:

How does wear current process with multiple orgasms from the pc/npc?  Is it multiplied?

They should be applied separately, just like the Go-Back feature in Apropos2 can yield sometimes two orgasms (without SSO). 

21 minutes ago, gooser said:

They should be applied separately, just like the Go-Back feature in Apropos2 can yield sometimes two orgasms (without SSO). 

It would be awesome if we could use the orgasm source with a multiplier/factor to modify the W&T amount.  This way people can customize for their playstyle.

The most general case would be a female pc in receiving slot 0, and a self orgasm could apply 0%-20%-100% of the W&T.  Other participants in the scene could similarly be modified as full w&t could get out of hand.  

12 minutes ago, 7osisg4d said:

It would be awesome if we could use the orgasm source with a multiplier/factor to modify the W&T amount.  This way people can customize for their playstyle.

The most general case would be a female pc in receiving slot 0, and a self orgasm could apply 0%-20%-100% of the W&T.  Other participants in the scene could similarly be modified as full w&t could get out of hand.  

Orgasms will be phased out completely when computing W&T in the next release.

31 minutes ago, gooser said:

yay!

Er, what is it being replaced with? Time? Animation stages? Something else?  Would be great (ish) if repeating the skullfuck stage 3 times did 3 times as much wear, but doing the cuddles stage 5 times for 10 minutes needs to not hurt at all.

44 minutes ago, gooser said:

Sweet! Something around duration would be interesting, especially with SLSO + required orgasms.  

Getting ejaculated in many times could definitely boost your W&T!  Says something about how intense it was :)

2 hours ago, Bound said:

yay!

Er, what is it being replaced with? Time? Animation stages? Something else?  Would be great (ish) if repeating the skullfuck stage 3 times did 3 times as much wear, but doing the cuddles stage 5 times for 10 minutes needs to not hurt at all.

Yes, W&T will be calculated over time as the animation progresses. When the animation ends, orgasm or not, then W&T is applied to the actor, and should include multiple factors. Using orgasm was simply a convenient event to latch onto, but of course misses things, like interruption of sex without orgasm.

6 minutes ago, gooser said:

Yes, W&T will be calculated over time as the animation progresses. When the animation ends, orgasm or not, then W&T is applied to the actor, and should include multiple factors. Using orgasm was simply a convenient event to latch onto, but of course misses things, like interruption of sex without orgasm.

Excellent! That will be a very nice update to "immersion". And maybe make you independent of the SLSO choice I'm guessing.