I can't get it to work in my SE game, I get no new messages no matter the situation and the testing widget causes a wall of text in some foreign language (example: "ut Proin turpis ante ac Phasellus purus risus sodales urna at leo.") to appear for a few moments. I downloaded Apropos 2.1.0.0.10.rar and overwritten Apropos2SystemConfig.pex with the file I found him. Is it incompatible with some mods? Cause I do have some that also add some text, like Spank That Ass or Sexist Guards.

I have a problem that my TAB menu (spell, items, skills and map) and the map button (M) and the quick menu (Q) sometimes get locked, usually after finishing a masturbation animation. They remain locked for an indefinite amount of time, and reloading a save doesn't work. The only way to unlock them is to have sex with a partner (which is not always possible. Say I am in the middle of a dungeon and sneaking around patrolling enemies) or use them while using sexlab free camera (which is really really not convenient). I narrowed it down to this mod (which didn't surprise me so much, because sometimes it locks away these menus when it pops up messages), but couldn't find a solution for it. My guess is it things it is in the process of showing some message or something. Is this a known issue with a known solution? Is there a way to force it to break out of message generation for a moment (preferably without breaking W&T while doing that)?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, thedarkone1234 said:

I have a problem that my TAB menu (spell, items, skills and map) and the map button (M) and the quick menu (Q) sometimes get locked, usually after finishing a masturbation animation. They remain locked for an indefinite amount of time, and reloading a save doesn't work. The only way to unlock them is to have sex with a partner (which is not always possible. Say I am in the middle of a dungeon and sneaking around patrolling enemies) or use them while using sexlab free camera (which is really really not convenient). I narrowed it down to this mod (which didn't surprise me so much, because sometimes it locks away these menus when it pops up messages), but couldn't find a solution for it. My guess is it things it is in the process of showing some message or something. Is this a known issue with a known solution? Is there a way to force it to break out of message generation for a moment (preferably without breaking W&T while doing that)?

Thanks in advance!

SE or LE ?

Apropos has been around for years now and I have yet to hear about something like this.

Correlation != Causation.

I would suspect more other mod(s) that actually DO modify those things (DisablePlayerControls, etc). I would suspect SexLab or Defeat, to start.

There is zero code in Apropos to modify any of those in game controls. I simply don't do it. I send messages to the widget system I wrote which is a passive Flash widget and has nothing to do with the Skyrim camera, or player controls.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

SE or LE ?

Apropos has been around for years now and I have yet to hear about something like this.

Correlation != Causation.

I would suspect more other mod(s) that actually DO modify those things (DisablePlayerControls, etc). I would suspect SexLab or Defeat, to start.

There is zero code in Apropos to modify any of those in game controls. I simply don't do it. I send messages to the widget system I wrote which is a passive Flash widget and has nothing to do with the Skyrim camera, or player controls.

LE, and since the first time I started using apropos I had these momentary losses of the menus. Note these are NOT player controls being disabled. I can move around, and use whatever is equipped on me, and talk to people, and loot and buy. What I can't do is use the TAB menu, the Q menu and the map unless I use sexlab free camera. Is there a name to this kind of lockdown, or a method for me to check what exactly causes this? Could it be related to slaveTats (I installed it solely for W&T and don't use it manually)?

57 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Could it be related to slaveTats

Slavetats does have a function to disable player controls.  It gets stuck sometimes.  There may be a patch for it somewhere, not sure.

When mine gets stuck, opening console and typing "epc" fixes it.

2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

LE, and since the first time I started using apropos I had these momentary losses of the menus. Note these are NOT player controls being disabled. I can move around, and use whatever is equipped on me, and talk to people, and loot and buy. What I can't do is use the TAB menu, the Q menu and the map unless I use sexlab free camera. Is there a name to this kind of lockdown, or a method for me to check what exactly causes this? Could it be related to slaveTats (I installed it solely for W&T and don't use it manually)?

When I said "menus" I was thinking of the main Tab menu, etc.

6 minutes ago, gooser said:

Not familiar with this? Is there documentation?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console doesn't reference it.

epc is short for "enableplayercontrols" (one of many long strings that have an abbreviation which works in console).

EDIT: To add, the main reason I think Slavetats does this is because it doesn't want you changing variables again before it finishes its process.  The code implementation is either sloppy or its just Skyrim being Skyrim, because it doesn't always trigger and it is possible to outrun the control block.

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Slavetats does have a function to disable player controls.  It gets stuck sometimes.  There may be a patch for it somewhere, not sure.

When mine gets stuck, opening console and typing "epc" fixes it.

epc works without bad after effects so far. Thanks for the help. Will update if troubles do arise from using this

15 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

epc is short for "enableplayercontrols" (one of many long strings that have an abbreviation which works in console).

EDIT: To add, the main reason I think Slavetats does this is because it doesn't want you changing variables again before it finishes its process.  The code implementation is either sloppy or its just Skyrim being Skyrim, because it doesn't always trigger and it is possible to outrun the control block.

Thanks I do think I see the issue - in the way I'm calling ST I probably can optimize it a bit to cater towards batch updates (using simple_add_tattoo, with "last" parameter, instead of simple add_tattoo, which I think is for one-offs).

3 hours ago, gooser said:

Thanks I do think I see the issue - in the way I'm calling ST I probably can optimize it a bit to cater towards batch updates (using simple_add_tattoo, with "last" parameter, instead of simple add_tattoo, which I think is for one-offs).

If you are going to tinker with it, there is also a JContainers function called something like "IsKnown" that changed properties in a JContainers update a while back (maybe a year or two ago) -- long story short, it is the cause of some of the error spam that can cause tokens to temporarily stop filling.  It is also related to Alt-Tabbing.  Hope some of that vague information was helpful.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:43 PM, gooser said:

Presumably this is because there are too many LE-only mods you can't live without?

I think that's the gist of it, there a plenty of mods that are LE only and will probably never get ported especially since LE was the highlight of Skyrim Modding.

Hell i'm running about close to 300+ mods on my LE install, trying to figure out just if SSE even has half of them ported would be a job in itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the next update (for LE hopefully). A quick question: is there a guide on how to fix the W&T texture seams? I'm already using the after effects from this post, which got rid of the hip seams:

However, I still get a butt seam and I wouldn't mind learning how to fix it myself. Here's a screenshot of how it looks in my game. I'm using the BHUNP body with Bijin skin.

buttseam.jpg