Gooser, I love Apropos.  

Yesterday I started making changes to the DB to add stuff I liked, and that led into finding places in the DB where stuff was hard-coded (like "Oh gods" where it should probably be {SWEARING}), and changing THAT too...

Long story short, I think I've accidentally launched into a complete overhaul of the text DB.

When I'm done (might be a while...there's a LOT of text), would you prefer I independently release my DB update, or submit it to you to review?

Hi.
I would like to know how the orgasm mechanic work in this version?
Because in the original version of Apropos, Wear was added after the player orgasms, which in vanilla SexLab means the before last stage.
However, this is a problem for users of SexLab Separate Orgasm, as the player may not orgasm at the same time than the other actor (if at all). Leading to the death of the wear mechanic (and also the one of SL Aroused).

28 minutes ago, MK66 said:

Hi.
I would like to know how the orgasm mechanic work in this version?
Because in the original version of Apropos, Wear was added after the player orgasms, which in vanilla SexLab means the before last stage.
However, this is a problem for users of SexLab Separate Orgasm, as the player may not orgasm at the same time than the other actor (if at all). Leading to the death of the wear mechanic (and also the one of SL Aroused).

Is your question about whether Apropos2 supports SSO ? 

The answer is yes.  It listens to both SexLabOrgasmSeparate and HookOrgasmStart.

In the original Apropos, W&T was triggered via the same SL Orgasm Event. 

In the future, W&T will not be connected to orgasms at all, but other factors.

Ok, I believe I've finished my version of the Apropos 2 text database.  I'm going to play over the weekend to test it out and then I'll post what I have.  Mostly:

* Dramatically increased places where synonym definitions are used.  That's probably going to result in some hilarious phrases.

* Added a synonym and made some additions to existing synonyms.

* Added Skooma Whore consumables to the consumables DB.

* Added a few orally-themed W&T notifications.

I noticed there isn't anything in the generic female on female actor DB.  Any reason for that, or can I add some messages there?

Apropos2 is really working smoothly, and I appreciate the import/export feature.  But related to that, "import" brings up this box: note that it ends with the ominous threat of deleting the saved (originally exported) data on successful import... which would be crazy, and fortunately doesn't happen:

a2.jpg

6 hours ago, legraf said:

Apropos2 is really working smoothly, and I appreciate the import/export feature.  But related to that, "import" brings up this box: note that it ends with the ominous threat of deleting the saved (originally exported) data on successful import... which would be crazy, and fortunately doesn't happen:

a2.jpg

Message is absolutely correct. The warning is there in case have made changes in game that you haven't saved.

12 hours ago, The Great Orochi said:

Added onto the db a little bit to satisfy my own degenerate tastes, figured I'd share. Additions in FemaleActor_Male Vaginal, FemaleActor_Canine Vaginal, and Female Actor WearTearReduced_Vaginal. Contains mostly pregnancy stuff, bestiality, and a bit of incest.

db.rar 7.36 MB · 1 download

Excellent!  I'll add this to the DB update I'm working on - probably in the next week.

On 9/5/2019 at 3:54 PM, gooser said:

Is your question about whether Apropos2 supports SSO ? 

The answer is yes.  It listens to both SexLabOrgasmSeparate and HookOrgasmStart.

In the original Apropos, W&T was triggered via the same SL Orgasm Event. 

In the future, W&T will not be connected to orgasms at all, but other factors.

Yes, and thanks for replying.
Now I'll need to update my apropos to Apropos 2.

7 hours ago, eillum said:

Excellent!  I'll add this to the DB update I'm working on - probably in the next week.

Have you run into the bug where all the synonym replaces in one or more sentences are blanked? I ran into this once I expanded the number of synonyms past a certain limit.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

Have you run into the bug where all the synonym replaces in one or more sentences are blanked? I ran into this once I expanded the number of synonyms past a certain limit.

Aha.  I think I saw this once (in a Reikling/Female interaction).  I thought maybe there was a problem with the specific synonym definition that I'd have to track down (for instance, I found one place in the DB, don't remember where, with a synonym like "{SYNONYM" that was missing the closing braces).

If that's the case, it'll shut my project down pretty quickly.  :)

I'll see if I can figure out the pattern for what makes it occur.

56 minutes ago, eillum said:

Aha.  I think I saw this once (in a Reikling/Female interaction).  I thought maybe there was a problem with the specific synonym definition that I'd have to track down (for instance, I found one place in the DB, don't remember where, with a synonym like "{SYNONYM" that was missing the closing braces).

If that's the case, it'll shut my project down pretty quickly.  :)

I'll see if I can figure out the pattern for what makes it occur.

Yes, the unterminated bracing is annoying but not the failure I'm referring to. 

Even at the deepest levels of retrieving the list of substitutions from JContainers at runtime I would get arrays of blanks.

There was another user a few months back that kept running into this because he/she vastly bumped up the number of synonyms - really he created 'mini sentences' rather than simple synonyms or variations. I have occasionally bumped into myself with the current db, but it is rare. It seems to correlate to game load or memory pressure. Possibly related to the strings storage in Skyrim being exhausted.

17 hours ago, gooser said:

Yes, the unterminated bracing is annoying but not the failure I'm referring to. 

Even at the deepest levels of retrieving the list of substitutions from JContainers at runtime I would get arrays of blanks.

There was another user a few months back that kept running into this because he/she vastly bumped up the number of synonyms - really he created 'mini sentences' rather than simple synonyms or variations. I have occasionally bumped into myself with the current db, but it is rare. It seems to correlate to game load or memory pressure. Possibly related to the strings storage in Skyrim being exhausted.

If this can only be confirmed with Skyrim LE, I am synonym with the 1500 limit pushed then it was over and I got no more synonym to run. At Skyrim SE I was synonym with 2600 and so far without problems.

Had the problem at that time in the translation of the database in German. Now things are progressing.

1 hour ago, Unicom1981 said:

If this can only be confirmed with Skyrim LE, I am synonym with the 1500 limit pushed then it was over and I got no more synonym to run. At Skyrim SE I was synonym with 2600 and so far without problems.

Had the problem at that time in the translation of the database in German. Now things are progressing.

I was wondering about SE. This might be the issue to push over.

How many Apropos2 users would use an SE version over LE if both were available and LE were known to have issues?

1 hour ago, gooser said:

How many Apropos2 users would use an SE version over LE if both were available and LE were known to have issues?

The real question might be whether greatly increasing the number of synonyms is that beneficial.  There's a point of diminishing returns.  Sometimes a synonym substitution reads "off" in a particular sentence because that word combination is just odd.  More synonyms means more chances for odd word pairings, and sentences can take on the feel of something written in another language and machine translated:  it's understandable, but unnatural, which runs counter to a feature that seeks to add flavor and immersion.  Personally, the balance feels about right as things are now. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, General Neondaze said:

Message is absolutely correct. The warning is there in case have made changes in game that you haven't saved.

Thank you, but this is not correct.  The first part is fine, but the last sentence (about the export file being deleted) is definitely false - it makes it seem that one has to export everything again to have settings saved for the next character.  Importing does NOT delete the exported data, it just overwrites current settings, as expected.

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The real question might be whether greatly increasing the number of synonyms is that beneficial.  There's a point of diminishing returns.  Sometimes a synonym substitution reads "off" in a particular sentence because that word combination is just odd.  More synonyms means more chances for odd word pairings, and sentences can take on the feel of something written in another language and machine translated:  it's understandable, but unnatural, which runs counter to a feature that seeks to add flavor and immersion.  Personally, the balance feels about right as things are now. 

I personally like it, and I've been playing and fixed odd word pairings as I add them to the DB and as I see them in-game.  I find the act of enriching the DB satisfying work in and of itself, so I'll keep at it for some time, during which it'll continually get better.

I agree, the current DB works great.  I played using that for the last 7 months.  Probably lots of people agree that it's fine and doesn't need any work.

7 hours ago, legraf said:

Thank you, but this is not correct.  The first part is fine, but the last sentence (about the export file being deleted) is definitely false - it makes it seem that one has to export everything again to have settings saved for the next character.  Importing does NOT delete the exported data, it just overwrites current settings, as expected.

I have just reread the image you posted and you are right. I have become so used to seeing the dialogue box and clicking yes that I don't even bother to read it anymore! ?

10 hours ago, eillum said:

I personally like it, and I've been playing and fixed odd word pairings as I add them to the DB and as I see them in-game.  I find the act of enriching the DB satisfying work in and of itself, so I'll keep at it for some time, during which it'll continually get better.

I agree, the current DB works great.  I played using that for the last 7 months.  Probably lots of people agree that it's fine and doesn't need any work.

I personally feel that any expansion onto the DB is a welcome addition. With how (relatively) simple it is to add or subtract descriptions, lines, and synonyms, I feel having more options makes it easier for anyone to tailor their DB to their specific fetishes tastes.