34 minutes ago, veedanya said:

Has anyone been experiencing some weird behavior as far as bestiality?

I had a pawn fall down because of pregnancy contractions, and then got something like 10 alerts about rapes being attempted by bugs from a nearby insectoid hive.

That's not bestiality code, that's Ed's insect rape/egg implantation stuff (jobDriver_RapeEnemyByInsect). I'm not touching it, since I have no idea of how it works. It doesn't seem to start any new toils or call the main rape job from anywhere, yet clearly it does since it keeps looping the alert. *shrug*

15 hours ago, weirn said:

That is a fair point though it is important to know tasks requiring manipulation are usually weighted at 90% (other cases have always been below). This means a 10% penalty must be incurred in order to have an actual detriment to a given stat (it's 9%). Surgery success is weighted at 40% meaning manipulation is far less important in performing it (it's odd to be honest). This is mostly due to the fact colonists do lose fingers which does negatively impact manipulation. So it's weighted that way to function as a margin of error for all skills when a pawn loses a pinky for example. So, as stated before huge breasts are in the end useless in a practical standpoint (because -10% manipulation is detrimental). All stat info and weighting is available in character bio so you will always know how much something is going to be affected and the odds of completion. Anyways, success chance tends to be near max in most circumstances which means that it is fairly optimal (1%-2% chance of something failing is still extremely unlikely https://xkcd.com/1252/)

Here's the wiki page on manipulation and the stats it affects if you want to know more:

https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Manipulation

No no no. I mean yes, you are right in that what you are saying is accurate to the regular function of a job. What I am talking about is the 'pawn has botched <job>' errors. If you set two pawns doing the exact same task, building a wall for example since work quality isn't important, and all else being equal but one pawn has a % manipulation penalty they will not produce the same result. The manipulation % penalty pawn will straight-up FAIL a task randomly, with the chance directly proportional to their penalty, regardless of skill level.

Another way of looking at it; it two pawns have the same EFFECTIVE effectiveness at a job, but one has a % penalty to manipulation and one is from having 1 point less skill or something. Again, the pawn with the penalty will outright fail some jobs due to the penalty. That's why the manipulation penalties are kind of rough.

...that being said, you get manipulation penalties from scars and missing unimportant fingers so having a penalty from large body parts could be fair compared to other things in the game. I think RJW needs to offer some method of accounting for those, though, BESIDES just swapping the parts out with smaller bits. But it's not really critical yet. There are other methods from mods and the game itself; usually bionics or brain implant type stuff.

Oh and your statistic example is not applicable to rimworld, because it's not a 1-2% chance of some already rare thing happening, it's a 1-2% chance out of (n) number of jobs. Or, that EACH job has a 1-2% chance of failure which can actually be huge since pawns will do many hundreds of jobs in short order.

edit: This assumes that the way manipulation works wasn't changed from B18 to 1.0 - I haven't noticed much difference in the number of botched jobs in my more well-endowed colonists so I am guessing that it hasn't.

6 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Request: A way to turn the Rape mechanic off completely.

I just had my female colonist get food poisoning, which drove her Consciousness, Moving, and Manipulation down, which stacked with her Huge Breasts, Tight Vag and Anus, caused her Vulnerability to max out at 300%, which is also the max setting I can make 'To Be Raped'. This caused her father, a guy who was neither Kind nor Rapist to try to repeatedly rape her.

Strangely, I also had to pull him off of a fresh raider corpse, even though he's not Necro either, nor do I have that option turned on. But that was a couple sub-versions ago(1.9.4, am currently on 1.9.4b), that might be fixed already.

Either that or this mod and Rimhammer 40k are having compatibility issues. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1513943591

Do you have 'wild mode' checked on? It is supposed to make pawns MUCH more likely to rape a potential target than they otherwise would. I don't know what else it does, if anything anymore.

38 minutes ago, clrpurp242 said:

Do you have 'wild mode' checked on? It is supposed to make pawns MUCH more likely to rape a potential target than they otherwise would. I don't know what else it does, if anything anymore.

There's a RandomRape mental break, which is Extreme tier and therefore rarely seen.

Pawns with Rapist or Nymphomaniac trait can also trigger it simply by being frustrated. Which shouldn't happens with nymphos in regular play, unless the player sets the sex need decay too high. (I think the tooltip calls that 'rapeturnus planet' setting). With normal sex need decay, nymphos find other outlets first.

Other than that, colonists don't randomly rape each other, unless marked as comfort prisoner.

3 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

No no no. I mean yes, you are right in that what you are saying is accurate to the regular function of a job. What I am talking about is the 'pawn has botched <job>' errors. If you set two pawns doing the exact same task, building a wall for example since work quality isn't important, and all else being equal but one pawn has a % manipulation penalty they will not produce the same result. The manipulation % penalty pawn will straight-up FAIL a task randomly, with the chance directly proportional to their penalty, regardless of skill level.

Another way of looking at it; it two pawns have the same EFFECTIVE effectiveness at a job, but one has a % penalty to manipulation and one is from having 1 point less skill or something. Again, the pawn with the penalty will outright fail some jobs due to the penalty. That's why the manipulation penalties are kind of rough.

...that being said, you get manipulation penalties from scars and missing unimportant fingers so having a penalty from large body parts could be fair compared to other things in the game. I think RJW needs to offer some method of accounting for those, though, BESIDES just swapping the parts out with smaller bits. But it's not really critical yet. There are other methods from mods and the game itself; usually bionics or brain implant type stuff.

Oh and your statistic example is not applicable to rimworld, because it's not a 1-2% chance of some already rare thing happening, it's a 1-2% chance out of (n) number of jobs. Or, that EACH job has a 1-2% chance of failure which can actually be huge since pawns will do many hundreds of jobs in short order.

edit: This assumes that the way manipulation works wasn't changed from B18 to 1.0 - I haven't noticed much difference in the number of botched jobs in my more well-endowed colonists so I am guessing that it hasn't.

I know what you mean, but a pawn botching a job is based on the success chance. If a pawn does not succeed in doing a job it is botched. Manipulation dictates work speed not so much success (surgery is the exception). Usually a pawn will fail if they do not possess the skills to do a task. So a pawn with low growing for example will botch harvesting way more than a pawn with a higher growing skill. Believe me I blew a raider's arm off and that raider became a part of my colony they could still do their work without botching it (they were abysmally slow though). Granted 0% manipulation means that they can't work. Really consciousness has more of an effect on success if anything though (consciousness does affect manipulation directly).

Not really sure how my example doesn't apply though. Let's say that a % loss of manipulation does affect failure rate at a 1:1 ratio. if a pawn's breast size give the a 2% penalty that is a 2% chance of failing each job. This means roughly a 50% of succeeding 30 consecutive times. Ok lets keep going higher if I do something 100 times I then have roughly a 13% chance of succeeding without a single failure. Do something 120 times it drops down to roughly an 8% chance of all of them succeeding. If I do something a 1000 times the odds of all of them succeeding is so low that failure is statistically guaranteed. So it can be reasonably assumed that you will fail at least 10 times if you do something 1000 times. This does not mean much though, because they are all independent. This does not means that what is said is the absolute reality, because probability is a fickle bitch. The only thing that can be said that is usually true is that if you do something enough times you will eventually succeed/fail you just don't know when or how many times. This is why small percents are negligible because even when it does happen it's few and far between.

Anyways it was changed which is why it is not that big of an issue either skill will very easily compensate for loss in manipulation. It's your well endowed colonists skill that is prevent jobs from being botched.

15 hours ago, Zaltys said:

By the way, would anyone mind if I delete the blowjob.wav from this?

It's by far the largest file included (about 70% of the archive size), and it's not actually used anywhere at the moment. Dunno if it ever was. And It seems way too long to be used, tried enabling it for blowjobs and it continues long after the action has finished in-game.

It should be fine I saw the file myself and saw no use in it due to how long it is and you stating that it's not actually used only make it more evident of it being clutter.

18 hours ago, saltysalty said:

I guess the bug that Zaltys mentioned is the reason why it is so noticeable in my current game with 1.9.4.

Thank you for the suggestions, but I would prefer not to use workarounds to make any form of rape available to them. New ways of "female entertainment" sounds good!

It was a sad moment when I read that Zaltys lost his progress on the implementation of sextoys due to technical problems.

Do colonists can also accumulate satisfaction by masturbation when this bug is fixed, or will they only do it when their need is close to 0 as a last resort?

I think that there still should be some kind of bonus for females as a trade-off for their higher vulnerability:

They are much more vulnerable and can't resort to all sources of satisfaction the mod has to offer because that's realistic

but in return

their sexual desire should be less aggressive and easier to fulfill, because that's realistic too ("easier" in terms of less frequent)

Yeah Zaltys losing progress does suck. Though, as mentioned before you can just make the comfort prisoner or prostitutes if your bothered by rapey women. Granted even then I think rape chance is based on the difference between the limit and the value so if a woman does somehow barely make it where she can rape it's pretty rare. Regardless I understand, though I want to say it was implemented that certain sexual characteristics of a pawn can add to their beauty. Then again after checking it does not seem to be the case though it would be a welcomed addition I would think.

9 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Request: A way to turn the Rape mechanic off completely.

I just had my female colonist get food poisoning, which drove her Consciousness, Moving, and Manipulation down, which stacked with her Huge Breasts, Tight Vag and Anus, caused her Vulnerability to max out at 300%, which is also the max setting I can make 'To Be Raped'. This caused her father, a guy who was neither Kind nor Rapist to try to repeatedly rape her.

Strangely, I also had to pull him off of a fresh raider corpse, even though he's not Necro either, nor do I have that option turned on. But that was a couple sub-versions ago(1.9.4, am currently on 1.9.4b), that might be fixed already.

Either that or this mod and Rimhammer 40k are having compatibility issues. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1513943591

Pawns might experiment if they stay horny for too long, so even if they are not a zoophile or necro they might try it to get some satisfaction. Basically Rimhammer 40k should not be incompatible.

9 hours ago, Y0U-D0N7-KN0W-M3 said:

Just gonna ask if this mod ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1641239442 ) works with this?

and a stupid question, would this work with the multiplayer mod mentioned on steam?

So long as both of you have the same mods in the same order I don't see much reason on why it wouldn't work.

4 hours ago, Zaltys said:

That's not bestiality code, that's Ed's insect rape/egg implantation stuff (jobDriver_RapeEnemyByInsect). I'm not touching it, since I have no idea of how it works. It doesn't seem to start any new toils or call the main rape job from anywhere, yet clearly it does since it keeps looping the alert. *shrug*

you've removed CurJob == null check for jobGiver_RapeEnemy, so job is spammed endlessly, even if pawn already decided to rape/ raping target or has something else to do, and drops an error

and there seems to be some issue with initiating Toils, they just dont, and i have no idea why

heres fix it should fix female sex/raping, i think

added 1h cooldown hediff to rape enemy, so there shouldnt be errors,  maybe even should re add CurJob == null

maybe something else i forgot

rjw test fix.7z

3 hours ago, Ed86 said:

you've removed CurJob == null check for jobGiver_RapeEnemy, so job is spammed endlessly, even if pawn already decided to rape/ raping target or has something else to do, and drops an error

Not sure if that's it. I've done some testing on it, and they only seem to get there if the currentjob is null or layingdown. So checking for null seemed pointless.

It's more like it quits prematurely, no toils, just ends -- and then they get the same job again.

Edit: Oh, now I get how it is supposed to work. Gimme a few minutes, should be able to figure out why it's not doing anything.

3 hours ago, napalm cowboy said:

were whore beds removed at some point? i can't find them, even in god mode

Whores can use any bed now, so those have been disabled for a while.

...weird timing, though. I just added those beds back as regular furniture, because variety is good. Should be in one of the future updates.

@Ed86 

Re: JobDriver_RapeEnemy.cs

Switch line 74 to this:

if (rapist.CanSee(target) && !target.Downed && !target.Dead)

The current version bugs out because with (!target.downed || !target.Dead) it's always true.
Wasn't an issue previously because target.Downed was filtered incorrectly earlier, but after that it got fixed, it broke on line 74 instead. 

Also throw this in CanUseThisJobForPawn (line 31):

if (rapist.CurJob != null && rapist.CurJob.def != JobDefOf.LayDown)
				return false;

I didn't realize that it was testing multiple drivers at once, so yeah, that's needed. Otherwise it breaks for any race that matches multiple categories (humanlike + insect for insect aliens, insect + animal for megaspiders, etc).

8 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

Definitely not in 'wild mode'. It also doesn't seem to be a mental break, as I could Draft the father at any time to interrupt his rape attempt (and when un-Drafted he went right back to trying to rape her). And as for being too frustrated, he was operating on the planet for multiple weeks with no issue (other than the random attempt at necrophilia which did not repeat) until his daughter managed to get food poisoning. Heck, he was getting sex just about every night, so his needs were getting met on a regular basis. (no, the decay was not set to ludicrous levels)

16 hours ago, Magusedge said:

WinRAR can extract .7z files without issue. converting it to a .zip just breaks the file.

Thanks, i found the real problem apparently fluffies mod manager wont let me see either version of the mod ?

I noticed that the animal genitalia values seem wonky. feline vaginas have 20% sex ability, but the feline penis has 120%? didnt think all orassan women were that shite in bed. looks like feline vagina was supposed to be a tag for the vagina, but replaced the size of the vagina entirely..

ideas: add size variance to animal genitalia, so that they aren't all the same size.
(and add support for Megafauna with either large or huge genitals)

Anyone know how to resolve "could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at UI/Commands ... "

get loads of red lines of text saying this but for different things

Also sex need seems to never go down, even for pawns that just enter the map they just have a different value its stuck at

1 hour ago, Kitaeryn said:

I noticed that the animal genitalia values seem wonky. feline vaginas have 20% sex ability, but the feline penis has 120%? didnt think all orassan women were that shite in bed. looks like feline vagina was supposed to be a tag for the vagina, but replaced the size of the vagina entirely..

ideas: add size variance to animal genitalia, so that they aren't all the same size.
(and add support for Megafauna with either large or huge genitals)

I wonder if it might be more prudent to use two companion hediffs instead of one unique one? (Those unaware, hediffs are those "items" you see in the health menu, like implants, or injuries, or diseases.)

For example, dick size. Let's say hypothetically have five species in game, and five size categories. Giving each species its own size range (e.g., small human penis) you get 5x5=25 hediffs needed in game.

Whereas if we separate size and species into two separate hediffs (e.g., a "small penis" hediff, and a "human penis" hediff), you'd get 5+5=10 possible. I'm not sure which method is the better approach, but there are easily 15-30 different sex organs in RJW, so giving each their own set of size subtypes is going to be a pretty massive amount of work...

6 hours ago, Zaltys said:

@Ed86 

Re: JobDriver_RapeEnemy.cs

Switch line 74 to this:

if (rapist.CanSee(target) && !target.Downed && !target.Dead)

The current version bugs out because with (!target.downed || !target.Dead) it's always true.
Wasn't an issue previously because target.Downed was filtered incorrectly earlier, but after that it got fixed, it broke on line 74 instead. 

Also throw this in CanUseThisJobForPawn (line 31):

if (rapist.CurJob != null && rapist.CurJob.def != JobDefOf.LayDown)
				return false;

I didn't realize that it was testing multiple drivers at once, so yeah, that's needed. Otherwise it breaks for any race that matches multiple categories (humanlike + insect for insect aliens, insect + animal for megaspiders, etc).

Yeah this is happening to me any time there's a friendly caravan and I have an downed colonist (just resting in a med bed). Infinite loop that causes so much lag that I have to go in and manually destroy the pawn or heal them out of incapacitated state. Really should push a hotfix out for this asap plz. Also, boobs, anuses, and dinguses are no longer dropping from harvesting post mortem surgeries using just Rah's Expanded Surgery and post mortem harvest mods, at least on basic autopsy.

10 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Definitely not in 'wild mode'. It also doesn't seem to be a mental break, as I could Draft the father at any time to interrupt his rape attempt (and when un-Drafted he went right back to trying to rape her). And as for being too frustrated, he was operating on the planet for multiple weeks with no issue (other than the random attempt at necrophilia which did not repeat) until his daughter managed to get food poisoning. Heck, he was getting sex just about every night, so his needs were getting met on a regular basis. (no, the decay was not set to ludicrous levels)

Yeah ok looking back at your post and this one kind of makes me think... it's borked lol.

But really, uh, were both the father and daughter original colonists? Were either of them ever jailed for any reason? I have noticed that, before anyway, a pawn who was marked for comfort or animals in prison and then released would ALWAYS be marked as comfort or animals afterwards, checked on or not. This was before 1.9.3 though, if I remember right. I hadn't checked since.

I would suggest maybe that the father actually has rapist and other traits, as the game will hide more than 3 or 4. Or it used to. Buuuut that doesn't explain why he's trying to go after downed raiders. None of my colonists ever try that, although I think it'd be cool if they did. I never have necro pawns though so maybe it's something with that. Or the father is still tagged as a visitor or hostile somewhere and it never got cleared for whatever reason. It might just be time to do a fresh reinstall of your mods and start a new colony, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Ashen75 said:

Hey @weirn, thanks for making the android-compatible patches each update. I don't know how exactly you're patching it, but if it is possible, could you make a separate file with just the patch? That way, you wouldn't need to post a new download every time the mod updates. 

Not a problem and for the most part in terms of patching I have to directly edit the source files. As far as I'm aware a patch file can only affect def files. Reasoning is that every single patch file I have looked at had it's xpath only for the def. Source file editing on the other hand needs a new dll every time you edit one. So as you can tell I have to release a new file each update. Also to keep any errors from occurring it is the whole RJW file. Hell been weighing in on whether or not to make a page for the patch so it's easier to find. Overall it depends on how others feel about it. If you need me to make one for the most recent update than that's not a problem.

I just haven't gotten around to it mostly because it was such a small update for how enemies behaved in terms of raping that it is only noticeable on a large scale. Overall trying to keep each release as consolidated as possible unless some very important changes happen.

Even then I am keeping myself occupied by adding stuff here and there to make the android patch a little more distinctive (like the recent mechanoid genital addition). I currently figured out how to make futas spawn naturally after a lot of experimentation so they will probably turn up in a future patch.

1 hour ago, sybreal said:

Is there a way for a colonist with the zoophile trait to have consensual sex with animals without the game considering it rape? If it happens to often the broken body effect starts happening.

Don't take away the zoophile's consent or set them for animal breeding. Zoophiles will find an animal on their own and take them to their bed if they get horny.

Suggestion/Idea: Tongue size.

We've got boobs and dicks, how about some tongue to help with oral? After all, tongues do vary in size like any other part. And some are literally 'tongue-tied' (ankyloglossia) in the sense that the tip of their tongue is firmly attached to the bottom of their mouth. And then you have this: http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Plasmidhentai/614776/Miia-3000-follower-pic