1 hour ago, saltysalty said:

Something like this?

Hmm, it doesn't work for me, spitting out "RimHUD has returned to default configuration due to invalid variables" nonsense. The format is correct, the variables names are correct, but for some reason RimHUD refuses to recognize the three RJW variables (SexAbility, Vulnerability, SexFrequency) as legitimate variables. Yet it'll recognize the sex need as a legitimate variable, so it can't be that it's not detecting RJW entirely.

Edit: The cause seems to have been the formatting. Using 

<Row Targets="Hh">
          <Stat DefName="SexAbility" />
          <Stat DefName="Vulnerability" />
        </Row>

seems to have broke it, but separating each of them into their own rows seems to work like so:

<Row>
          <Stat DefName="Vulnerability" />
        </Row>
        <Row>
          <Stat DefName="SexFrequency" />
        </Row>

40 minutes ago, vane000 said:

Do we need to make new game saves on version updates?

Not usually. We try to mention it in the notes if it's necessary.

The latest update changed the core system in a major way, but it should still be compatible with older saves.

1 hour ago, Ed86 said:

you do know that animal checks in thinknodes are useless right?

They are not, because of the Rimworld of Magic's new Enchanter class and polymorph abilities.

1 hour ago, Ed86 said:

v1.9.4a
fix for rape enemy

Seems like I copy-pasted only part of the code in my 'fix', my bad.

But the new changes won't fix it, since there's still a x.Downed filter in the IEnumerable and therefore considerStillAliveEnemies can never be true.

So it's back to where it was couple of versions earlier: they rape regardless of whether there's someone shooting at them. And there's no faction check, so as soon as one enemy goes down, rest of them forget about the battle and try to rush their own in a gang rape. Which, I'm pretty sure, is not intended.

Try this on line 62 instead?:

m.mapPawns.AllPawnsSpawned.Where(x => !x.IsForbidden(rapist) && x != rapist && rapist.HostileTo(x));

I have three women, 7 men, and 1 pig in my colony. The only sex is between the women and the pig. If I turn wildmode on... same except one of the guys, and the pig, raped one of the women.

It's kind of funny but I think something is off. Comfort prisoners seem to work fine, except no fem colonist uses them.

2 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

I have three women, 7 men, and 1 pig in my colony. The only sex is between the women and the pig. If I turn wildmode on... same except one of the guys, and the pig, raped one of the women.

And what did you expect to happen?

Colonists don't have sex with each other unless they're in a relationship, nymphos, or you've marked some of them as whores. (And in the latter case, it's the whores who decide who they want to give freebies to, so some colonists will be left out regardless.)

12 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

And what did you expect to happen?

Colonists don't have sex with each other unless they're in a relationship, nymphos, or you've marked some of them as whores. (And in the latter case, it's the whores who decide who they want to give freebies to, so some colonists will be left out regardless.)

I didn't have much in the way of expectations beyond 'colonists do the sex', I was just mentioning how weird it seemed that they preferred the local livestock over each other.

Was something changed to prevent pawns from boinking each other? I seem to recall that they'd sometimes hook up if their compatibility was high enough; I am using psychology though so who knows what the hell that's doing.

26 minutes ago, clrpurp242 said:

I seem to recall that they'd sometimes hook up if their compatibility was high enough

That's part of the whoring functionality. If you want to see them hook up, mark them as hookers.

3 hours ago, clrpurp242 said:

Comfort prisoners seem to work fine, except no fem colonist uses them.

CP rape is part of the Basic job priorities (check the subjobs if you have a mod that allows that). If you have set Basic to non-urgent priority (or disabled it entirely for the colonist), they won't do it.

...should probably move that under it's own category (Sexjobs or whatever). But personally, I haven't found time for that. And currently it'd be the only job in that category, so not sure if creating that is warranted.

(I actually had that done at one point, but deleted it accidentally. Along with some other new code, such as dildos. It's not easy juggling five or six different versions simultaneously.)

Ah, the Basic setting on mine is usually on for everyone but I never checked the priority. Do pawns use the vulnerability settings to rape CPs? If so, then none of my women have low enough to vuln to trigger the rapes, which would make sense. But I think I had a few do it regularly in 1.9.3. Ah well, I'll check on it later.

As for the whoring thing, is there a reason why they can't do so without having whoring turned on? Everyone's having trauma early on from their sexual frustration, I didn't think to switch that on. I mean, I can make due since I have potential candidates, I was just curious if it was a necessity of getting it to work at all, or if it is intended behavior.

6 hours ago, Zaltys said:

They are not, because of the Rimworld of Magic's new Enchanter class and polymorph abilities.

Seems like I copy-pasted only part of the code in my 'fix', my bad.

But the new changes won't fix it, since there's still a x.Downed filter in the IEnumerable and therefore considerStillAliveEnemies can never be true.

So it's back to where it was couple of versions earlier: they rape regardless of whether there's someone shooting at them. And there's no faction check, so as soon as one enemy goes down, rest of them forget about the battle and try to rush their own in a gang rape. Which, I'm pretty sure, is not intended.

m.mapPawns.AllPawnsSpawned.Where(x => !x.IsForbidden(rapist) && x != rapist && rapist.HostileTo(x));

Hm... i guess i need to test that, though i doubt humanlikes keep human thinktrees when transformed

Ive tested that on bear with 2 pawns and it worked fine, no sex with downed while  other pawn walks

Ill test more when i get to pc

7 minutes ago, Ed86 said:

Hm... i guess i need to test that, though i doubt humanlikes keep human thinktrees when transformed

Not sure if RoM does that anymore. but I figured that it's better to be safe than sorry.

In the first Enchanter updates, the transformed humans were still listed as colonists (basically just humans with animal portraits), but that broke a lot of stuff everywhere. Now they seem to transform to full animals, though still draftable and controllable, so a weird mix of humans and animals. And it still breaks several mods, such as RimHUD.

7 minutes ago, Ed86 said:

Ive tested that on bear with 2 pawns and it worked fine, no sex with downed while  other pawn walks

Ill test more when i get to pc

It's more noticeable in large raids. That's why I attempted to fix it in the first place: one raider goes down, and then some of his fellows try to rape him mid-battle, giving my colonists free shots. 

21 minutes ago, clrpurp242 said:

Do pawns use the vulnerability settings to rape CPs?

Yes. All types of humanoid rape should check for vulnerability. Latest update added vulnerability modifier to a few traits (Tough, Wimp, Masochist,...), so that might explain the difference you're seeing.

21 minutes ago, clrpurp242 said:

As for the whoring thing, is there a reason why they can't do so without having whoring turned on?

Not really, except that it's how it was coded and keeping them in one job is bit less of a headache. As you might've seen from the recent complaints, it's rather hard to balance multiple job frequencies. Especially when some of them can be disabled/adjusted by the player.

I'd like to add some kind of 'casual sex' or 'friends with benefits' type of job at some point. But again, time limitations...

15 minutes ago, Zaltys said:

I'd like to add some kind of 'casual sex' or 'friends with benefits' type of job at some point. But again, time limitations...

That would be a cool and important feature to fill the gap between sex in relationships and rape, especially when you don't want to prostitute any of your colonists.

2 hours ago, Zaltys said:

Not sure if RoM does that anymore. but I figured that it's better to be safe than sorry.

In the first Enchanter updates, the transformed humans were still listed as colonists (basically just humans with animal portraits), but that broke a lot of stuff everywhere. Now they seem to transform to full animals, though still draftable and controllable, so a weird mix of humans and animals. And it still breaks several mods, such as RimHUD.

It's more noticeable in large raids. That's why I attempted to fix it in the first place: one raider goes down, and then some of his fellows try to rape him mid-battle, giving my colonists free shots. 

just tried, poly pawn gets animal think tree

12 hours ago, Zaltys said:

that seems to work

3 hours ago, jouda852 said:

So i wanted to remove some of the incapabilities from a nymph backstory because then the pawns with it are completely useless imo. But i can't find where they are defined... There's "SpecialBackstories.xml" but there's nothing about works being disabled. I could use some help.

Ok so the backstories are located here RJW\Source\Pawns\Nymph_Backstories.

Since it's are a source file this means you are going to need visual studio 2017 (it's free just make sure to login to your microsoft account) to create a new dll after you make your changes.

So, when your ready to compile your new dll you click on RimJobWorld.Main.csproj, and make sure that when you click run that it is set on release not debug.

It will give you an error related to it creating a dll this is normal just click ok. If you get an error that has a yes or no prompt something is wrong.

I think that just about cover it though before I forget you can edit files with visual studio and it will let you know if there is an error before you compile. You can set it up where looking at everything is not an eyesore so it's a nice program in general to have even if you don't use it a lot. Also you only need C# the other packages it will ask for you to install are not needed.

Yeah, you can remove those by clearing the bs.workDisables fields from Nymph_backstories. Though if you're going to do that, might as well disable the nymph incident altogether from the settings. I haven't personally used it in ages, the trait is relatively common among random characters. It's usually not hard to recruit someone with it.