Wew, so many posts here in the last few days.

Sorry to be annoying, but can I get a short response to the prescient question: does it work with 1.3? If it doesn't, will it soon?

And I do mean work, as in integrate properly with slaves, and the new sins and virtues, and so on. Much potential for fetish stuff with these new systems, hopefully the creative people here will expand on it. 

57 minutes ago, Somali Mecha Program said:

Wew, so many posts here in the last few days.

Sorry to be annoying, but can I get a short response to the prescient question: does it work with 1.3? If it doesn't, will it soon?

And I do mean work, as in integrate properly with slaves, and the new sins and virtues, and so on. Much potential for fetish stuff with these new systems, hopefully the creative people here will expand on it. 

It's updated for 1.3 and works fine with all the new systems. There are also mods in the recommended addons list that add new memes/precepts .

4 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

Does CE have support for Psychology? For facial stuff?

For other custom things?

Character Editor has been compatible with literally everything that I have thrown at it.  I can't find any reason why it wouldn't be.  The mod description even says it should be compatible with everything.  It can be added and removed at any time with no issues.  The *only* problem I have run into is that changing people's ideology midgame isn't working for me.

I understand how frustrating it is to have that one mod that you love that won't work with a whole framework, but you're coming across as very petulant when you haven't even tried the clear alternative.  If you're nervous about it, backup your saves and try it.

My feralisks develop eggs in their female ovipositors and then lay them immediately instead of storing them long enough to become fertilized. The layed eggs are just generic eggs (look like chicken eggs, called Egg). No egg laying prostration hediff occurs it is immediate like a chicken lays. Didn't have this issue a couple of weeks ago in 1.2 so I'm assuming this is a new 1.3 bug. This happens with wild or tamed feralisks. The one time i managed to get a feralisk to implant an unfertilized egg the gestation progress value went into a negative %, counted down, and the pawn instantly layed a generic egg like the feralisks themselves do.

When the egg progress meter reaches 100% they lay a feralisk egg like they would without RJW, but regardless of prior matings these are never fertilized.
Feralisks, regardless of taming status will usually have a dormant or awoke n days ago counter as well, vanilla bugs do not.

Vanilla bugs such as spelopedes do not have this issue and behave completely as RJW intends, so I'm assuming either my load order is broken or there needs to be a new compatability patch or something to mod-added insects such as those in alpha animals.

Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?

17 hours ago, veedanya said:

Does anyone know what the "lust" value is and what determines it? I have seen no other reference to it other than here (under the Sex Drive stat in the character info window). I'm not even sure if it's from core RJW or a sub-mod. Whatever it is, it's increasing sex need to a crippling degree.

EDIT: It appears I'm not the first person to encounter this issue, whatever it is:

image.png

Ive had the same problem. I cannot find the source of lust either. Are you using the RJW Sexperience mod? And are your pawns violating any sex related precepts of their ideology? Such as constant Comfort Prisoner usage with the marriage-only sex precept?

1 hour ago, JackBikwik said:

Character Editor has been compatible with literally everything that I have thrown at it.  I can't find any reason why it wouldn't be.  The mod description even says it should be compatible with everything. 

Well yeah it says that, but it also specifically mentions being compatible with like gradient hair colors.

And those mods introduce whole new screens specifically in prepare carefully where you can set up the psychological traits of the pawns and their facial features.

And since CE never said they specifically made spots on the character setup page for all these buttons and sliders and previews i don't assume they did. Oh well.

You're of course right. I was being petulant and should have just installed it and tried for myself.

I will do so now.

31 minutes ago, Nobody Important said:

Well yeah it says that, but it also specifically mentions being compatible with like gradient hair colors.

And those mods introduce whole new screens specifically in prepare carefully where you can set up the psychological traits of the pawns and their facial features.

And since CE never said they specifically made spots on the character setup page for all these buttons and sliders and previews i don't assume they did. Oh well.

You're of course right. I was being petulant and should have just installed it and tried for myself.

I will do so now.

You can do alot more with just using the developmode of rimwold change age  , relations , bodyparts (exept bodytype and face)  pretty sure it can change psychologie if that is a headiff ( add / remove headiff command) and this wont cause any problems with mods you are using just my tip.

3 hours ago, burnsmebums said:

My feralisks develop eggs in their female ovipositors and then lay them immediately instead of storing them long enough to become fertilized. The layed eggs are just generic eggs (look like chicken eggs, called Egg). No egg laying prostration hediff occurs it is immediate like a chicken lays. Didn't have this issue a couple of weeks ago in 1.2 so I'm assuming this is a new 1.3 bug. This happens with wild or tamed feralisks. The one time i managed to get a feralisk to implant an unfertilized egg the gestation progress value went into a negative %, counted down, and the pawn instantly layed a generic egg like the feralisks themselves do.

When the egg progress meter reaches 100% they lay a feralisk egg like they would without RJW, but regardless of prior matings these are never fertilized.
Feralisks, regardless of taming status will usually have a dormant or awoke n days ago counter as well, vanilla bugs do not.

Vanilla bugs such as spelopedes do not have this issue and behave completely as RJW intends, so I'm assuming either my load order is broken or there needs to be a new compatability patch or something to mod-added insects such as those in alpha animals.

Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?

some one broke you feralisk race support patch

So i tested it and Character Editor does in fact not work at all whatsoever with any of the popular pawn customization mods.

Please please PLEASE reimplement PrepareCarefully compatibility in future updates, because this is pain.

I can not select the face and body types, because the mod that governs those isn't compatible with Character Editor.

I understand that you may like Character Editor more for some reason, and yes it is neat, but as long as it is incompatible with the most popular things PrepareCarefully will remain the better choice.

3 hours ago, Haraldh said:

You can do alot more with just using the developmode of rimwold change age  , relations , bodyparts (exept bodytype and face)  pretty sure it can change psychologie if that is a headiff ( add / remove headiff command) and this wont cause any problems with mods you are using just my tip.

Yeah and that is incredibly inconvenient with no proper gui and sorting and preview.

I mean i could literally go into the savefile and alter the colonists stats as well, but it isn't a replacement for prepare carefully.

As for the About.xml

i noticed this...

<!-- Intentionally breaks rjw jobs, hijacks storyteller to call raids and causes other issues when rjw detected -->

you cannot be fuckin serious lmao

This seems incredibly petty and dumb holy shit.

Anyway i edited the About.xml, but i would really really really like a compatibility between the two.

I would honestly pay for it if i had any money.

What is the sex need gain affected by when using comfort prisoners? I've noticed my colonists are barely getting any pleasure out of it, with the hypersexual pawn almost losing more than she gains, leading to long chains of her doing absolutely nothing but repeatedly using the prisoner to little benefit.

She's getting the bar filled when she actually bothers to have sex with her husband, but the prisoner just doesn't seem to do it for her. 

Edited by aadam1123

when I updated from the test patch to the official master file it broke my save file. Is that normal or only because it switched from rjw to rjw master? will it break every time I update or am I safe to stay on a new save file for a while?

UPDATE: I fixed it. Apparently it just reset my settings, so after reenabling everything, it was all fine

Edited by techshaman
13 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

Please please PLEASE reimplement PrepareCarefully compatibility in future updates, because this is pain.

Prepare Carefully is incompatible with Rimworld. Because it breaks your pawns.

RJW crew just got tired of bug reports about stuff that PrepareCarefully broke, so it's been marked as incompatible.

Until you understand that (and preferably fix PrepareCarefully), please stop posting. It's not funny any more.

2 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Prepare Carefully is incompatible with Rimworld. Because it breaks your pawns.

RJW crew just got tired of bug reports about stuff that PrepareCarefully broke, so it's been marked as incompatible.

Until you understand that (and preferably fix PrepareCarefully), please stop posting. It's not funny any more.

Why not try to work around it breaking the pawns. Not using C# hediffs or whatever the issue is.

Plus as i already said THINGS WORKED FINE already.

And yes i understand that the devs were annoyed to see bug reports about PC all the time, but that was the smaller of two evils.

Now a lot more people are unhappy and instead of the bug reports you get it brought up in this discussion on every single page.

And it is understandable because it is literally the most popular mod out there.

I would ask PC to modify things so it is compatible with RJW, but RJW is the smaller mod. 

Believe me if i had ANY chance of success i would create the compatibility myself, but i can't code well enough.

I UNDERSTAND that the devs decided to not bother and just make it incompatible, but i'm telling you that that decision was WRONG, or at least not welcomed by a significant part of the community.

Edited by Nobody Important
13 minutes ago, Kashked said:

C'mon, this is a dead discussion. Do it yourself, pay someone to do it for you, or let it go and switch over to Character editor like everyone else. Those are the options.

They aren't good options dude, and it's not a dead discussion because i gets brought up every page, by someone if not me then someone else.

I can not do it myself, i have no money, and i can not switch to charactereditor, because it is incompatible with much more popular mods than RJW... like psychology, or facial stuff.

What am i supposed to do?

Just accept that i won't be using one of my favorite mods (RJW)?

No, i want to let the devs know, that me along with a lot of others would prefer if PrepareCarefully was supported.

I'm seriously considering saving up from food money to pay the devs to implement support..

Edited by Nobody Important
1 hour ago, Nobody Important said:

Why not try to work around it breaking the pawns. Not using C# hediffs or whatever the issue is.

Plus as i already said THINGS WORKED FINE already.

why dont you people roll back to b19, it "worked fine" then... i mean other than breaking all alien races.... totally fine

And yes i understand that the devs were annoyed to see bug reports about PC all the time, but that was the smaller of two evils.

Now a lot more people are unhappy and instead of the bug reports you get it brought up in this discussion on every single page.

And it is understandable because it is literally the most popular mod out there.

I would ask PC to modify things so it is compatible with RJW, but RJW is the smaller mod. 

or... just ignore whiners

how much smaller?

but i'm telling you that that decision was WRONG, or at least not welcomed by a significant part of the community.

no one gives a fuck.

community comes and goes, rjw stays

I'm seriously considering saving up from food money to pay the devs to implement support..

Better start saving up then.

I've located some alternatives to Facial Stuff and Psychology that work together with RJW.

[NL] Facial Animation

RJW seems to have support for this, but it won't do everything that facial stuff mod does but if you were using facial stuff for the purposes of pawn expression then this will suffice.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1635901197

1-2-3 Personalities

Obviously not as in-depth as Psychology but still adds depth to each pawn's character. Personally I would put Psychology in the trash can as I believe the mod is a lag fiesta.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2527258500

2 minutes ago, Jonas1807 said:

My pawns parts all reset to micro after the first 2 days of the colony 

im not using prepare carefully btw

does someone know what can cause this?

Only seems to happen to colonists ive made with Character Editor 

2 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

What am i supposed to do?

Just accept that i won't be using one of my favorite mods (RJW)?

No, i want to let the devs know, that me along with a lot of others would prefer if PrepareCarefully was supported.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea actually. If you refuse to use mods that your 'favourite mod' is compatible with then that's on you.