3 minutes ago, Fatey said:

Can anyone answer why when you scan the file with Virus Total you get a flag saying that theres malware/trojan/adware with the file.

Not only that but when downloading the file it says that the virus scanned failed and wont let you download it.

Just now, Fatey said:

Can anyone answer why when you scan the file with Virus Total you get a flag saying that theres malware/trojan/adware with the file.

Just now, Fatey said:

Not only that but when downloading the file it says that the virus scanned failed and wont let you download it.

From where are you triying to download it? https://gitgud.io/Ed86/rjw is the most updated, and it doesn't throw any flag over here at least for me 

10 minutes ago, Fatey said:

someone should disconnect their pc from internet or they will get virus

On 7/28/2021 at 11:56 PM, Hadielx2 said:

That's crazy cos i have a savefile and screenshots of royalty with both prepare carefully and RJW and i don't recall getting incompatibility notices back then...

*Shurg* Feel free to use a broken mod. Feel free to ignore literally everyone who knows the internals of RJW. When your game randomly bugs out later, you'll know why.

23 hours ago, spammertonsmith said:

Hi, I love your mod Btw. I was wondering if someone could answer a couple quick questions for me. Firstly, is the pregnancy system standalone or does it still require RJW menstruation or Children and learning, etc in order for kids to be born and grow up and become "useful" colonists?

Also, has anybody used Dubs Bad Hygiene with this mod? What was your experience? Load Order? etc..

Thanks

The pregnancy system is standalone. It ALSO requires a mod that handles children if you want the children to grow up in a somewhat "playable" fashion instead of realistically. Or you can enable Phantasy Pregnancy mode.

4 hours ago, Fatey said:

False positive from a crappy anti-virus? I've never even heard of Virus Total. Maybe try AVG or Avast! if you want something free. I'd assume it's overly sensitive and crying about Harmony code.

Does anyone know what the "lust" value is and what determines it? I have seen no other reference to it other than here (under the Sex Drive stat in the character info window). I'm not even sure if it's from core RJW or a sub-mod. Whatever it is, it's increasing sex need to a crippling degree.

EDIT: It appears I'm not the first person to encounter this issue, whatever it is:

image.png

Edited by veedanya
1 hour ago, Nobody Important said:

Before the update Prepare Carefully worked fine.

Now it doesn't initialize.

Could you please fix it? Prepare Carefully is literally the most used mod in rimworld, and this mod doesn't make much sense without it.

It is the most used, yes, but Character Editor does everything Prepare Carefully does and more.
It will never work with RJW, you must ask yourself which one you want more, and discard the other.

2 hours ago, veedanya said:

Does anyone know what the "lust" value is and what determines it? I have seen no other reference to it other than here (under the Sex Drive stat in the character info window). I'm not even sure if it's from core RJW or a sub-mod. Whatever it is, it's increasing sex need to a crippling degree.

EDIT: It appears I'm not the first person to encounter this issue, whatever it is:

image.png

Lust is from this mod isn't it, not RJW AFAIK

2 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

Before the update Prepare Carefully worked fine.

Now it doesn't initialize.

Could you please fix it? Prepare Carefully is literally the most used mod in rimworld, and this mod doesn't make much sense without it.

Every single page. Every single page, without fail, we have to have the Prepare Carefully debate. 

26 minutes ago, Nobody Important said:

And Character Editor absolutely doesn't do everythign prepare carefully does.

What does Prepare Carefully do that Character Editor doesn't do far better?? Character Editor has a trillion more options and works right from the start too

Edited by NoppaiKohai
1 hour ago, NoppaiKohai said:

What does Prepare Carefully do that Character Editor doesn't do far better?? Character Editor has a trillion more options and works right from the start too

Well maybe if the debate is there every single page you should take that as a sign that it's time to implement compatibility.

I mean for fucks sake it's literally THE most popular mod out there. It's like selling a mug, but if you put coffee in it it will explode.

What does it do better? For one it's more popular. This means it's better known, which means that basically every single other mod is compatible with it.

There is integration to set up the facial features of pawns, there's integration to set up the psychological traits of pawns, there's integration to set up whatever other traits that a standard stats display doesn't catch.

Which is pretty important since i consider these to be vital parts of the game.

If i have to choose between all of psychology, facial features, and other special traits, vs RJW, then RJW is gonna lose, but i would quite like to eat my cake and still have it, BECAUSE IT ALREADY WORKED FINE ONCE BEFORE.

Popularity is not an indicator of quality, people like garbage. Character Editor can do what PC can do, it may, potentially require a little more effort but it works. The question really is do you want RJW or PC? I'll take RJW over PC, easily. CE allows me to create the ideal pawns for any given scenario, the ONLY time it is is a hassle is for defining relationships for incest specific scenarios.

Well maybe if the debate is there every single page you should take that as a sign that it's time to implement compatibility.

I mean for fucks sake it's literally THE most popular mod out there. It's like selling a mug, but if you put coffee in it it will explode.

What does it do better? For one it's more popular. This means it's better known, which means that basically every single other mod is compatible with it.

There is integration to set up the facial features of pawns, there's integration to set up the psychological traits of pawns, there's integration to set up whatever other traits that a standard stats display doesn't catch.

Which is pretty important since i consider these to be vital parts of the game.

If i have to choose between all of psychology, facial features, and other special traits, vs RJW, then RJW is gonna lose, but i would quite like to eat my cake and still have it, BECAUSE IT ALREADY WORKED FINE ONCE BEFORE.

If you want RJW to support PC so badly, why don't you learn to code and start working on your own fix? It might even get merged into the official RJW.

Popular does not = good

Windows 10 is popular, but you can make do with Linux or a Mac OS.
The devs decided not to bother make support when you can easily use Character Editor, which is working just fine with RJW.
If you can't make the change from PC to CE for RJW, that's not the RJW dev's problem.

Have you guys not read what i wrote?

Does CE have support for Psychology? For facial stuff?

For other custom things?

Because it doesn't say so.

Customizing my pawns is more important to me than a sex mod no matter how good that sex mod is.

I know how to code but i'm just not good enough at it.

My point is that the decision to not have support for the most popular thing is like as if you made a game that ONLY works on linux.

It's dumb.

19 minutes ago, Nobody Important said:

Have you guys not read what i wrote?

Does CE have support for Psychology? For facial stuff?

For other custom things?

Because it doesn't say so.

Customizing my pawns is more important to me than a sex mod no matter how good that sex mod is.

My point is that the decision to not have support for the most popular thing is like as if you made a game that ONLY works on linux.

It's dumb.

For years PC has been not compatible. Idk why you're so pressed about it when character editor does the same exact thing and actually works with the mod. You can claim PC worked "fine" with rjw but I can bet there was dozens of bugs you just never noticed.

48 minutes ago, levchii said:

For years PC has been not compatible. Idk why you're so pressed about it when character editor does the same exact thing and actually works with the mod. You can claim PC worked "fine" with rjw but I can bet there was dozens of bugs you just never noticed.

You keep repeating that CE does everything, but no one answered my questions whether it supports psychology, facial stuff, and other custom pawn setting mods.

Because if it doesn't support the most popular pawn modification mods then clearly it is inferior to PC.

If i didn't notice bugs then they couldn't have been that bad.

It was certainly better than not having it at all.

8 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

how much you're paying?

8 hours ago, Nobody Important said:

it never worked

It's dumb.

way out is that way ->(alt+f4)

since you already know how to code, how about you stop make excuses  and code in compatibilty yourself (and while you do it also fix all the broken shit in pc, im sure youll get some thanks(or not) from all the mod authors whose mods PC breaks)?

Spoiler

also pro tip if you want to make RJW compatible with PC open About.xml and remove 

<incompatibleWith>
        <li>EdB.PrepareCarefully</li><!-- Hijacks generated/edited pawns at world start, breaks C# hediffs of edited pawns and who knows what else -->
        <li>EdB.PrepareCarefully.UnofficialPatch</li><!-- Hijacks generated/edited pawns at world start, breaks C# hediffs of edited pawns and who knows what else -->
    </incompatibleWith>
that will totally fix all problems

43 minutes ago, Nobody Important said:

If i didn't notice bugs then they couldn't have been that bad.

that because i wrote patches to fix PC shit, but then there  some smart people who come and complain that their pawns bodyparts "randomly" changing or pawns dont have sex, or their alien races birth only humans

41 minutes ago, Ed86 said:

that because i wrote patches to fix PC shit, but then there  some smart people who come and complain that their pawns bodyparts "randomly" changing or pawns dont have sex, or their alien races birth only humans

But... but....

those patches were awesome.

Like, don't get me wrong, i would absolutely just use something else, if it worked, but no one could answer me whether CE actually supported the things i mentioned.

And PC is literally the most subscribed mod.

Dropping support for something 1.5 MILLION people use, because some people complain that some minor mods don't work *well* is just insane.

I LOVED that you patched things and i'm super greatful.

And thanks for the tip i might actually do that.

Lurker here. Have for been for a while

I do want to say that I had similar dealings with PC with RJW 1.2

Even though it said it wasn't compatible, it still worked fine and if there were any bugs I didn't notice them. If I was unhappy about the size of a shlong or booba. I just either rerolled the character or edited them in PC.

If it's too annoying to code with that's understandable, but afaik PC worked with the 1.2 build I was using, which was latest build before 1.3 dropped.

Just my two cents though I'm just here to lurk