[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

11 minutes ago, jim raynor said:

As far as I can tell, DWR and LF are now separate mods, with only a few common things. These are like follows - 

1. Having sex with your partner: DWR uses the spend night with... decision and LF uses similar themed decision. These both allow player to solve the heir problem whenever they wish really, rather than waiting for the game to tell you that you have been blessed by an heir.

2. Futa traits. Both the mods add their own futa traits (which can be turned on or off in at least LF). This is only a minor inconvenience - it add two futa traits.

3. Vampires: Both the mods have vampire content which can be customizedas the player wishes.

Apart from this DWR and LF have their own separate content now. See their modpage for in depth description.

Thanks @jim raynor!  Nice job fighting everyone in space. :)

Yeah that's what I am seeing.  I did like the addition of the "spend time with..." flavor in DWR, but agreed that it is basically same as the Luxuria Initiate Sex decision... the latter takes dom/sub into account which is nice.

I really wanted to use both but I think I'm going to end up spending my time with LF, and just contributing to see if I can further expand the demon/Lilith content.

10 minutes ago, Galishai said:

Thanks @jim raynor!  Nice job fighting everyone in space. :)

:D Everyone needs some downtime!

10 minutes ago, Galishai said:

I did like the addition of the "spend time with..." flavor in DWR, but agreed that it is basically same as the Luxuria Initiate Sex decision... the latter takes dom/sub into account which is nice.

You can have different flavored fluff with both the mods on imo. I am running both of them - more content is always welcome. Plus all the modules in the former DWF are part of DWR now, so if you wanted some of that disney action then you could have it!

Is there a way to make the vampire attacks stop, or have your ruler actually have a chance of winning a fight? I've tried about 19 times now and all I get is a double fatality draw.

Also, how to change a character from Submissive to Dominant, either via console or another way if possible?

1 hour ago, Reaper121 said:

Is there a way to make the vampire attacks stop, or have your ruler actually have a chance of winning a fight? I've tried about 19 times now and all I get is a double fatality draw.

Also, how to change a character from Submissive to Dominant, either via console or another way if possible?

remove_trait lf_submissive and then add_trait lf_dominant via console should do the trick

3 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

^ that

#NonVampireLivesMatter

3 hours ago, Reaper121 said:

That is some pretty terrible RNG you have there. The vampire's personal combat ability is based off of yours, so you are more or less on equal ground unless you are some Warrior Lodge god with 100+ personal combat.

You can turn off the random attacks from the option menu.

Since giving LF a try again since the split, I have to note I too have had an issue with random vampire attacks being 100% fatal to my characters.  In several different saves with different builds.  Worse still, even having turned random vampire attacks off, I still have suffered them on occasion. 

(Edit: found cause of CTD.  Four religious doctrines mod is incompatible with custom religions in LF)  

15 hours ago, Evariskitsune said:

Since giving LF a try again since the split, I have to note I too have had an issue with random vampire attacks being 100% fatal to my characters.  In several different saves with different builds.  Worse still, even having turned random vampire attacks off, I still have suffered them on occasion.

Are you running DWR along with LF and still have classic monster content enabled in DWR?  if so, that's why.  Disabling vampire attacks in LF has been a hard stop of that feature for me.

5 hours ago, Galishai said:

Are you running DWR along with LF and still have classic monster content enabled in DWR?  if so, that's why.  Disabling vampire attacks in LF has been a hard stop of that feature for me.

Ah, yeah.  Which kinda sucks, since I like the werewolf content from DWR.  Well, I suppose it makes sense, but yeah.  That would make that bit obvious.

5 hours ago, Evariskitsune said:

Ah, yeah.  Which kinda sucks, since I like the werewolf content from DWR.  Well, I suppose it makes sense, but yeah.  That would make that bit obvious.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can remove or comment out the 4000 code block from the file mod\Dark World Reborn\events\DWNight.txt.  That code blocks handles all the random vampire stuff. 

Angels and Demons don't tend to breed true in this. I haven't played enough to be sure that they never breed true, but it's at least rare. Is this because they're not in LF_Core_Genetics.1? Or is this working as intended?

I'm not a modder, but angels don't seem to be in the event at all, and demons are in the event but not in the trigger conditions.

Also, if there's any interest in making the slavery in this more compatible with the slavery in the mod: Immersive Slave Training & Kidnapping, editing LF_merged_scripted_triggers so that #Slavery related reads: 

Spoiler

# Slavery related

is_enslaved = {
    OR = {
    trait = ISTslave
    trait = ISTtrainedslave
    trait = lf_enslaved
    }
}

is_not_enslaved = {
    NOR = {
    trait = ISTslave
    trait = ISTtrainedslave
    trait = lf_enslaved
    }
}

that seems to go a long way to making the different slavery types from the two mods play nicely.

Thanks for the great mod, has gotten me back into CK2

Each to their own thread, then?

Tbh, if asked permission to copy part of your mod that isn't yours, "go wild" isn't the proper answer, "not the right person to ask" was.

CK2 modding may be traditionally a bit more libertarian than others, eg the mod in question being a fix patch to a fork of an add-on to a mod, and at first glance none of the mods in that line seem to mention receiving proper permissions in the way that would be expected in other scenes. I'm fine with not looking into that overly much unless the original authors signal a complaint, but that doesn't mean lockeslylcrit was wrong to point out what they did in your thread.

Let's keep it friendly, hm?

I get your point but a laissez-faire attitude shouldn't be mistaken for 'rights'.

Moreover, we never take kindly to drama from one thread spilling over into others, especially support topics of mods. I don't want to see this continued here anymore (nor anywhere else for that matter).

2 hours ago, wolfiespring said:

The problem is, dark world extras wasn't that previous persons original mod either.

Aliris (Dark World Extras) obtained permission from Toska (Dark World Toska) to continue development however they'd like.

12 minutes ago, wolfiespring said:

13. We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of the content. 

Ashal, the LL admin, has already clarified that what I am doing is not paywalling, but rather more along the lines of commissions.

Allowed: Content created by subscribers that is accessible to everyone. <-- What I'm doing

Not allowed: Exclusive content created by subscribers that is accessible to only subscribers.

Grey area: Exclusive content created by subscribers that is accessible to everyone after a certain time.

13 minutes ago, wolfiespring said:

Still isn't the original mod maker.

By that standard, you should be against nearly every mod here, including Dark World Reborn. Everything has been a gradual progression of the VIET/Christianity mods.

13 minutes ago, wolfiespring said:

So maybe you should allow other people the same kind of slack?

Sorry, but not when it comes to the intellectual rights of mod makers, especially when it comes to a close friend of mine.

Feel free to make a sub-mod with your own original content, just don't try to take over the development of something that you don't have permission over. I have made that mistake before and I paid for it, and now I'm all the wiser and far more cautious about this sort of thing. I'm not warning you out of malice, but rather to safeguard you from the possibility that the admin/moderation team will look down on this (and from personal experience, Ashal definitely does).

Aliris gets off work in a couple of hours, so they have the final say in this matter.

5 minutes ago, wolfiespring said:

All I wanted was to see more ck2 content.

And, as I said, I have absolutely no problems with original content. Since Holy Fury's release, there's been a shitton of mods being developed, both old and new. I would gladly support any mod you make, so long as it's original or an update with the original mod author's permission. Aliris has just been extremely busy as of late.

Can I get some help getting a total conversion mod to work with DWR and LF? 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1341828311

I apologize for the clutter in advance

My mod list:

After the End Fan Fork

After the End Fan Fork - African Faces DLC

After the End Fan Fork - Mongol Faces DLC

After the End Fan Fork - Chinese Faces DLC

After the End Fan Fork - English and German Faces DLC

After the End Fan Fork - Holy Fury DLC

After the End Fan Fork - Sunset Invasion DLC

Cheri Portraits

Crusader Milk

DWD

DWE

DWR

DWSE

DW The Mercenary Commander

DZME

Elven Expansion 

House Irae

LF

Tale of Nine Tails

Tentacle Dream

Turtle's Extra Traits

ABM

ACM

So apparently I missed a bunch of things (being stuck at work, who would probably take a dim view of me browsing sites of this nature - go figure).  Yes, I'm still working on things. I haven't had a lot of time recently for various RL reasons, so it's been slower than I might like.

First, no, I don't want people just deciding to fork or reuse any of the stuff I've written in their own modules without permission. Permission is the key thing here. Posting patches in the comments for people is fine I think, if the goal is to provide a working version of an outdated mod. (I also explicitly told lockeslylcrit and others in the discord that such patches for my mods to work with LF were fine, due to the delays I was facing). Offering modular content of your own that works with mine is cool, too - I can even incorporate some of that stuff with proper credit given, if the contributors are amenable to that.

What isn't cool is reusing work from mods that you didn't write and sticking your name on it without asking. That's just basic politeness. Certainly if you want to mod, taking a look at how someone implemented something is fine, and a good way to learn modding or add to your skills. Copying entire event files etc isn't.

Now, in the context of all of this, DW Extras is a particularly problematic case. Not because I didn't ask for permission from Toska (I did, who gave his blessing), but rather, because a lot of the original DW Toska mod was sourced from content in the original Dark World, that was not included in first releases of Dark World Reborn. This wasn't a problem when DWT/DWE was a submod for DWR, but given the issues that led to the removal of Dark World Fantasy, and the release instead of Luxuria Fantasia, I don't feel that I can in good conscience continue to use any DW-sourced content in future releases of DWE revamped for use with LF.

Thus, unlike Beyond Heresy, which is entirely my own work (as I was the contributor of the original DW religion stuff in the first place), I need to comb through DWE and figure out what to retain and what to remove, based upon that. Hopefully over the holidays I will have some time to take a look at that, but in the meantime, I would rather people not release revamped versions of it, aside from the pure compatibility stuff that's been put out with my okay.

Crashes after some months or a few days depending on the actions I take. Also I'm running LF and DWF using AtE, Plus all the extra goodies and flavor. I tried loading them after AtE but I get the same problem with the crashes. Looking into the error logs, it appears to be something to do with province ids, Would you like to see the log?

1 hour ago, Maxxiums said:

Crashes after some months or a few days depending on the actions I take. Also I'm running LF and DWF using AtE, Plus all the extra goodies and flavor. I tried loading them after AtE but I get the same problem with the crashes. Looking into the error logs, it appears to be something to do with province ids, Would you like to see the log?

Disable all mods except for LF and AtE. If you don't get any more crashes, then it's not a problem with LF and you'll need to re-enable the mods one by one until you find the culprit.

After taking a long, hard look at the merged scripted_triggers in Luxuria Fantasia, and noting that merging scripted_triggers only works in a NOT format, I have made a conscious decision to make Luxuria Fantasia into a dependency of Dark World Reborn. This will allow me to properly scope to and/or replace DWR/LF stuff with their equivalent without having to do messy code that results in errors, and to ease off the workload of @dewguru.

Will Luxuria Fantasia be a sub-mod of Dark World Reborn? No. This is simply a change for better compatibility between the two mods in regards to conflicting traits. LF will remain standalone, but will work better than before when paired with DWR.