Assassin Creed Odyssey

Hello,

I am playing this game (got 2 hours ago.)

Some first considerations.

The game reuquires a good graphic card. I have 2 1080TI but it does not support SLI so only one is used.

Card is over 95% all the time.

On 4K, Extra Ultra I get between 30 and 50 FPS. Fully playable but I think I will set the screen to 2K.

The female character (Kassandra) is beautiful. Not yet tried the male one. Will be the second play-through.
Combat is completely different from other Assassin games. Way easier but allow more control. Quite easy to get used to it
No more modificators for speed. You always sprint. Thanks god.
The voices are funny. Also if I play in English, the voices looks like registered by foreign actors. Greek words are pronounced perfectly. Seems that they used explicitly foreign voice actors for the lore. That includes the player voice

Looks like really open world, you can go whatever you like. You can find enemies that can kill you in an instant if you don't follow the path. Like Morrowind.

Controls are easy to get used to them. WASD to move. Q to dodge. Space to back. Shift to climb everything (it is an Assassin game, you can climb whatever you want.)

Close Captioning has a semi-transparent background making it easy to read.

I got the armor bonuses from the Ultimate editions, but I cannot try them yet because I am not yet level 5.

No character customization. You chose after the intro.

First scene has about a hundred of NPCs fighting and it is really fluid.

As usual I will try to mod it. Wish me luck.

I only own a PS4 and a MS surface, so I have to wait until Oct. 5th for the PS version release.

Actually I am not sure whether I should buy this game cause i purchased the AC unite and syndicate and found them quite disappointing. 

I don't know what element does this game contains for now, so I wonder how much space there is for modders to improvise. I really hope there are something more than ripping off all the cloth of protagonist and make her wander around naked.

I loved Syndicate.

Played it at least 3 times.

The game is similar but not the same.

More fluid. Well balanced. But still a stealth game. If you don't like the gender don't get it.

Fun discovery. All NPCs you have to follow run as hell. That is good to avoid wast of time, but absolutely unrealistic. (I like it.)

About nudity. I am playing with the female character. Kassandra. In a few times you can see she is wearing panties. But they are not meshes, just textures.

A pantiless mod can be possible if somebody will find where the body textures are.

Looks like also that all armors are just an addon to the basic body. So, if we are lucky, changing the body will make it naked for all armors.

4 hours ago, Kargrin said:

I got the pleb edition so I'm waiting until friday... Guess it runs fine in 1080p with a gtx1060?

Probably yes.

Let us know.

3 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

How cringy and bad are the romances?

Found only one but the partner was not really what I wanted.

Fun part is that the panties are not 3D, are just a texture applied.

I tried to extract the files but until now no success.

1 hour ago, Kargrin said:

If they're going to imitate Witcher 3, maybe they could at least  add nudity too. A lot of fade to black from what I've heard about.

Not gonna happen in a Ubisoft game. Especially not Assassin's Creed.

But hopefully mods come out for it. Even super hard to mod games tend to get...at the very least...nude skins/models.

As for the game. I can't play it till the 4th. But from what my friend said...if someone liked black flag, and they also liked Origins...combine the two and should love it even more.

Also according to a reddit post

map size comparison

map is 256k km...a lot of it is ocean, but supposedly there is a lot more going on in the ocean than origin's desert. Which makes sense since its an ocean. But the map is massive...if someone likes big maps to explore or not could be good/bad depending on the person. But there is a lot of land as well

when one look at the facial animations the NPCs, then memories awaken, MEA sends greetings. :classic_wink:
development time of just one year leaves his mark, for a high-quality game this period is simply too short.
in German forums is already heavily discussed.

I am enjoying the game.

Compared to Origins this one is far better. The combat system is probably the best one in the series.

Graphics are steady 60FPS on Ultra+ in 2K (in 4K I go between 30 and 50 FPS is Ultra+, 60 FPS is only if you are on High, not even normal Ultra.)

And I am really trying to extract texture files from the game data, because it is clear that the "underwear" are just flat textures. And are often visible in game.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, Kargrin said:

I got the pleb edition so I'm waiting until friday... Guess it runs fine in 1080p with a gtx1060?

3 or 6GB? 
With 6GB.. Yes, fps will vary between 50-60 on high and very high settings..  might dip into the 40-50 on ultra (There are hardly any noticeable differences between the high, very high and ultra settings) so you'll still have your nice visuals regardless while maintaining a stable frame rate. 

On 10/3/2018 at 5:00 AM, CPU said:

Found only one but the partner was not really what I wanted.

Fun part is that the panties are not 3D, are just a texture applied.

I tried to extract the files but until now no success.

I heard about the rumors that the romance between protagonist and NPC could be either heterosexual or homosexual. So I wonder if I can find a female partner while playing as female character? If it's possible then I'll definitely buy this game. 

1 hour ago, figandsalt said:

I heard about the rumors that the romance between protagonist and NPC could be either heterosexual or homosexual. So I wonder if I can find a female partner while playing as female character? If it's possible then I'll definitely buy this game. 

True.

There are also threesomes and foursomes.

At the moment, first playthrough I am playing as Kassandra (female character), and I confirm you can romance both man and woman.

Probably will be the same for Alexios, but I will tell for sure in a few weeks. I am still only level 15 and there are items I can see for a level 58 character.

25 minutes ago, Kargrin said:

Yes, Its possible. Basically the entire game plays the same for both M/F MCs, even the sexual encounters and some romanceables (from what I've heard).

Like this scene:

Hide contents

odysseycuck8278531.png

I had the same scene, with a slightly different dialogue line.

7 minutes ago, CPU said:

True.

There are also threesomes and foursomes.

At the moment, first playthrough I am playing as Kassandra (female character), and I confirm you can romance both man and woman.

Probably will be the same for Alexios, but I will tell for sure in a few weeks. I am still only level 15 and there are items I can see for a level 58 character.

OK, thank youfor your reply.

I still have one more question about the game: when you say "romance", I take it as "have sex intercourse with some NPC". But I wonder if there is any real romantic relationship that our protagonist could find herself a girlfriend like in game Dragon Age Origin?

8 hours ago, CPU said:

I am enjoying the game.

Compared to Origins this one is far better. The combat system is probably the best one in the series.

I have today a few Let's Play videos the German version looked.
I was shocked, but in a positive sense, It is a giants difference between English and German version (voice output)!
and I know why it is, english is just too modern, in the german version words from old german are used, the just better fit.
also the facial animations are much better.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, figandsalt said:

OK, thank youfor your reply.

I still have one more question about the game: when you say "romance", I take it as "have sex intercourse with some NPC". But I wonder if there is any real romantic relationship that our protagonist could find herself a girlfriend like in game Dragon Age Origin?

No, sorry.

It means the pure form of romance (platonism) then there is a cut scene outside and the involved parties come out.

No sex at all.

I would be glad if I find how the part of the file are compressed. The structure is really similar to the other games, but the data itself is quite different. Probably a different compression algorithm.

So I got it unlocked today, after some strange crashes with uplay and the game files needing repair, it worked. Game ran around 30-40 fps on high, not much but at least It doesn't affect the gameplay. Really beautiful game, nice colors to the greek islands. The combat is really similar to a  mix of Witcher and the old cinematic ("gluey") assassin creed games (the last one I played was Brotherhood btw)