Assassin Creed Odyssey

30 minutes ago, confusedpotato said:

Someone should make a texture mod to remove Kassandra's underwear. Doesn't look like there's an extra mesh, so it should just be a simple texture job.

Do you know how to uncompress the different blocks that are inside a .forge file?

Right now I am not finding any known compression algorithm to extract them.

And looks like also that there are checksum or similar inside the file, because if you alter a single byte you get a message in the game that you have to redownload it from Uplay.

As a heads up, if you have a CPU that doesn't have AVX built in support the game won't work.

I have a higher end mac that I dual-boot into windows for gaming, but it sadly doesn't have AVX support

As for why I have the mac, I need it for my business and work. And I've never had a problem with needing AVX on it. Its a new gaming mac from last year as well.

2 minutes ago, Sylandras said:

As a heads up, if you have a CPU that doesn't have AVX built in support the game won't work.

I have a higher end mac that I dual-boot into windows for gaming, but it sadly doesn't have AVX support

As for why I have the mac, I need it for my business and work. And I've never had a problem with needing AVX on it. Its a new gaming mac from last year as well.

It is strange to have a CPU without AVX support. May I ask which CPU has you Mac?

(I am not an expert of Macintosh)

So..I've seen couple of gameplay vids... Here's a question: What the flying fuck is supposed to be that piece of spear that seems to be magically teleporting you to enemies after being thrown? It looks like it's being used for insta kills/assassinations...so is that supposed to be a piss poor replacement for the hidden blade?

3 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

So..I've seen couple of gameplay vids... Here's a question: What the flying fuck is supposed to be that piece of spear that seems to be magically teleporting you to enemies after being thrown? It looks like it's being used for insta kills/assassinations...so is that supposed to be a piss poor replacement for the hidden blade?

Depends on the weapon you use.

Spears can be thrown with a special perk. Yes, at the end of the killing you are "teleported".

Other weapons do not have this effect (they can be used only in proximity.)

All animations are pecific to each type of weapon. There are 5 plus the bows that are a part.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

Depends on the weapon you use.

Spears can be thrown with a special perk. Yes, at the end of the killing you are "teleported".

Other weapons do not have this effect (they can be used only in proximity.)

All animations are pecific to each type of weapon. There are 5 plus the bows that are a part.

Not just any random ingame spear...I meant the special one...
81kCpckWjrL._SL1500_.jpg

...my point was if they get rid of the iconic assassin tool...why call it Assassin's Creed in the first place?

3 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

...my point was if they get rid of the iconic assassin tool...why call it Assassin's Creed in the first place?

Thats basically magic...god knows how it works lol

Also the game could be called "Odyssey", but why risking a new brand when you can just add Assassins creed's brand power.

I would not care, because I've always hated the futuristic crap plot they always add within AC games.

9 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Not just any random ingame spear...I meant the special one...

Spoiler

81kCpckWjrL._SL1500_.jpg

who the Greek mythology a little bit knows, the knows that this spear belonged to King Leonidas. 
He has destroyed his enemies with this spear, until the battle of the Thermopylae (Persian wars), there Leonidas was killed and the spear is broken.

and as you know, Odyssey plays 300 years before Christ, there were no assassins yet, thank God finally times no hidden blade.
why times not something new, better, CD Project Red does it too, they have kick Geralt in the ass! ?

4 minutes ago, monster79928 said:

does other assassins creed games use the same method

Now, the "texture replaces" does not like a real texture replacement here. But we will see.

The other games use a similar method, to archive the assets. This one looks like using a completely different compression algorithm.

I did not have Origins so I cannot really compare the two.

But I am close to extract the file names. And loose files can be used to replace the ones in the archives.

OK, played about 40 hours I am level 21.

One thing (the first one) that is really disappointing is that at level 20 you can fall from ANY height without a single consequence.)

Come on. I am OK if with levels you can fall from higher places. But falling from 100 meters and just rolling is really not good.

Make me lose the interest of deciding what to do.

So less interest in playing.

9 hours ago, CPU said:

Now, the "texture replaces" does not like a real texture replacement here. But we will see.

The other games use a similar method, to archive the assets. This one looks like using a completely different compression algorithm.

I did not have Origins so I cannot really compare the two.

But I am close to extract the file names. And loose files can be used to replace the ones in the archives.

Cant wait to see what mod will you will come up with

24 minutes ago, Kargrin said:

Any known method of extracting the armors and their textures? (Some people did to work with SFM)

The block content of the game is the same as Syndicate or Origin.

So you can get the position of the file inside the big file.

But the data itself is coded in a different way, so no way to understand what it is.

My big fear is some sort of checksum on files.

As you modify a single byte of them the are no more working.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:48 AM, CPU said:

It is strange to have a CPU without AVX support. May I ask which CPU has you Mac?

(I am not an expert of Macintosh)

I guess it should have AVX, whoever told me on the steam forum that I can't play because of AVX must been wrong or trolling since he also said I should change to intel.

But its a 1920x ryzen threadripper (got an amazing deal on it, so that is why I went for that one)...

But the outcome is the same, hard crash to desktop after the epilepsy warning like people are reporting without AVX cpus get. I tried all the "fixes" people recommend...but none worked. Maybe there is more to the crashing (for some people) than just not having AVX.

12 hours ago, CPU said:

OK, played about 40 hours I am level 21.

One thing (the first one) that is really disappointing is that at level 20 you can fall from ANY height without a single consequence.)

Come on. I am OK if with levels you can fall from higher places. But falling from 100 meters and just rolling is really not good.

Make me lose the interest of deciding what to do.

So less interest in playing.

Spartans are almost immortal. ?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Learned a few things so far.  Some npc outfits are generated when you load the save.  So loading the same save over and over will get you different npc outfits.  They also seem to be layering multiple textures to create the effect they want.  I guess I was just being dumb and didn't think about how transparency is working with this texture.  Female npcs all seem to share the same skin texture so far and I only saw 1 outfit which didn't render the body underneath.  I haven't really tracked down specific armors or anything yet for but here's an npc with some transparent texture.

ACOdPOCNPC.png

Well, if someone can actually make a mod to remove (or at least make it shorter) the undervest or whatever you want to call it and make decent nude textures for Kassandra... oh man, that would be perfect.

Also, do you think there's a way to make a mod to increase her breast size? She's a bit flat... i would love to increase the breast size of the Amazonian Armor.

First of all, nobody yet is able to extract the data from the files.

Some people can use injectors but they cannot be used to make mods.

But one day we will be able.

Keep in mind that the game has some microtransactions, so it is blinded to avoid people to get easy money by using mods.

5 minutes ago, CPU said:

First of all, nobody yet is able to extract the data from the files.

Some people can use injectors but they cannot be used to make mods.

But one day we will be able.

Keep in mind that the game has some microtransactions, so it is blinded to avoid people to get easy money by using mods.

patiently waiting