On 9/25/2019 at 12:40 PM, Reginald_001 said:

I have not heard from Chic yet. I share your concerns. Trust in the fact that she must have really good reasons for not being online.

? I hope she responds soon. We don't need an explanation, because we don't need to know or don't have the right to ask for one. But, just a message saying she is okay and not to worry about her would do me for a response.

22 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

? I hope she responds soon. We don't need an explanation, because we don't need to know or don't have the right to ask for one. But, just a message saying she is okay and not to worry about her would do me for a response.

Me too. I think we all do at this point. I'd like to think she's just off knocking out whatever it is she needs to and being fucking adorable while doing it, per the hard-code in her firmware lol 'Cuz you know that feature doesn't have an off-button with that one...

But yeah... I share your sentiment. I truly hope she's ok. 

This absence reminds me of one of the best Mugen char of all time, Evil Ken made by Reu. The guy went off and for months people wondered what happened to him, then we discovered that he had died on a car accident. NOT SAYING that is the same situation but makes you wonder... Evil Ken was also one of the best chars of a game, his AI was SICK, he made all the missing frames and it was pure perfection, everybody praised him for his creations he even got a wiki dedicated to him and then he was gone... ?

Also I don't think Chic would just quit this awesome mod. It is so hard to detach oneself in life to get fame that if you do, you have to grab the chance and get even more popular. Good things are sure to follow. And this is popular? Of course it is, this is the only mod that make's me come every fortnight to check on a new release and it is been happening for months, such is the quality of this mod. Unless she already scored something big ?...

On 9/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, lucifeh said:

This absence reminds me of one of the best Mugen char of all time, Evil Ken made by Reu. The guy went off and for months people wondered what happened to him, then we discovered that he had died on a car accident. NOT SAYING that is the same situation but makes you wonder... Evil Ken was also one of the best chars of a game, his AI was SICK, he made all the missing frames and it was pure perfection, everybody praised him for his creations he even got a wiki dedicated to him and then he was gone... ?

Also I don't think Chic would just quit this awesome mod. It is so hard to detach oneself in life to get fame that if you do, you have to grab the chance and get even more popular. Good things are sure to follow. And this is popular? Of course it is, this is the only mod that make's me come every fortnight to check on a new release and it is been happening for months, such is the quality of this mod. Unless she already scored something big ?...

Look. Lets not plant wild ideas in people's minds.

I am not intending, in any way, to speak for @ChicGeek here and I am sure she will come speak for herself at some point, but you guys and gals are getting ramped up and/or expressing a little too much worry. And while it is nice to see you all having that concern for her, and I know she will be touched to no end about that, it's really not helping anyone, least of all yourselves, to fixate and speculate on her absence. I too was concerned a couple of weeks back and personally reached out, IRL, to see if everything was fine and her response was that everything is okay, she is fine, all is well, nothing to worry about. More than this I simply cannot say (as in, I do not know).

All the same, carry on as if everything is good in life. She likely has a cat that she needs to keep in the bag for now, metaphorically speaking (ie: has IRL things to tend to). But one day down the road, she'll let the cat out and she will be back, of this I am more than sure. She is not the type of person to just give up or to abandon anyone or anything, least of all Ivy. She is fine and that comes directly from her. So relax, enjoy life and have faith & trust in her, that she will come back, because if she didn't say so, precisely and in no uncertain terms that she would never be back, then she will one day be back. Its that simple. Believe it. #Truth

I hope this helps to set your minds at ease, even if but a little. :) In the meantime, enjoy the beauty of this photo. :)

14380009_10153947622495172_1894472898487897339_o.thumb.jpg.3371def186afc92ad351305c5a65d7b9.jpg

1 hour ago, astor said:

Ivy is all talk and no action! :P  She talks about sex and wanting to have sex, and yet, i'm never able to actually initiate such activities.  Is there an affinity requirement?

Stuff like that would be provided by other mods such as AAF, a sex animation framework. I believe Flashy also has an animation framework as well, but have been out of the loop on those things for a while. I know Sleep Intimate has animations and without the need of AAF, if you don't want to mess with it. They all work great with her, just depends on what you want in your game.

Once Ivy 5.0 rolls out, I'm sure modders will have her hook into their mods that will provide that kind of content.

That should point you in the right direction, at least.

2 hours ago, astor said:

Ivy is all talk and no action! :P  She talks about sex and wanting to have sex, and yet, i'm never able to actually initiate such activities.  Is there an affinity requirement?

As @Sevatt mentioned, that's up to other shit like AAF and RSE II.

Currently there's little real cross-talk/integration between Ivy and 'sex mods', but with 5.0 it should be a lot easier and 'realistically' set up, once a mod integrates the two.

That said, I do sometimes get "Ivy liked that" after AAF scenes when I've used SEU [or sometimes, I think also the AAF wizard].

I do have AAF, but not RSE II.  When i talk to Ivy, she doesn't offer sex at al, just wasn't sure if that was intended or if i've got a conflict somewhere.  I'm using AFT, but her mod is below it in MO2 in both the mod column on the left and the plugin list on the right.

2 hours ago, astor said:

I do have AAF, but not RSE II.  When i talk to Ivy, she doesn't offer sex at al, just wasn't sure if that was intended or if i've got a conflict somewhere.  I'm using AFT, but her mod is below it in MO2 in both the mod column on the left and the plugin list on the right.

AFT + Ivy's risky at best, but this is more because AAF and Ivy effectively exist in isolation. The only real interaction is, as with every other NPC, if you start/create it [or a mod does], like using SEU.

16 hours ago, astor said:

If you have AAF installed you can just put your Ivy in your crosshairs and press the F11 key. That will initiate a random sex act with her.

A highly recommended  AAF mod by Megururu for romanced companions:

Be sure to download and install his patch for CompanionIvy. Very lore-friendly and Immersive!

On 9/26/2019 at 2:40 AM, Reginald_001 said:

I have not heard from Chic yet. I share your concerns. Trust in the fact that she must have really good reasons for not being online.

This is my 11th playthrough with Ivy as a fulltime companion. I have played 2 full playthroughs with ChicGeeks voice. I'm not sure if i'm the only weirdo here, but i do honestly prefer the robot voice for Ivy. This is not really a criticism of ChicGeek, i think it is just that a lot of the things that Ivy says sound very artificial coming out of a human mouth. Ivy herself expressed a particular liking for Supervisor White's voice in Graygarden! I do hope there is an still an option for the robot voice in v5. :)

42 minutes ago, dosfox said:

This is my 11th playthrough with Ivy as a fulltime companion. I have played 2 full playthroughs with ChicGeeks voice. I'm not sure if i'm the only weirdo here, but i do honestly prefer the robot voice for Ivy. This is not really a criticism of ChicGeek, i think it is just that a lot of the things that Ivy says sound very artificial coming out of a human mouth. Ivy herself expressed a particular liking for Supervisor White's voice in Graygarden! I do hope there is an still an option for the robot voice in v5. :)

Many others also like the robotic voice for its own unique qualities, as I use it to develop Ivy with, and these files are then shipped to Chic, the robot voice will always remain as a fallback option for Ivy to use.

i would prefer Ivy to have  robot voice, but her current robot voice just sounds... bad.  It's like the sister to Microsoft Sam.  Would it be possible to run ChickGeek's voice files through a mixer to give them a more robotic sound?

7 hours ago, astor said:

i would prefer Ivy to have  robot voice, but her current robot voice just sounds... bad.  It's like the sister to Microsoft Sam.  Would it be possible to run ChickGeek's voice files through a mixer to give them a more robotic sound?

Anything's possible and you're free to experiment. The tools to unpack the files to WAV are delivered with the CK, so after installing that you should have everything you need to experiment at will. There is no way to apply any kind of filter from within the CK that I know of, so you'd need to use a sound editor to apply a robotic sound and then batch apply that to all the sound files.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, landess said:

I just wish there was an easy way to clean the goo off the speaker in the back of her throat....

Ivy has self-cleaning systems that are cleaner than most humans. She cannot be caught with STD's, she cannot get sick, she doesn't really get cold (despite the fact that she sometimes complains about 'being cold') and she has a 20 minute self-maintenance mode each night where all of her systems thoroughly clean themselves.

She's basically 'completely sterile'. :)

15 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Well according to Ivy's 'canon' not in a million years.. many of her 'lady' parts were replaced by bio-engineering. :(

Hello great Reginald :D , I think I have already asked this to you but my memory is so bad! Does Ivy use the vanilla affinity system? CA_Affinity actor value? And when it has been romanced, is that marked using the vanilla CA_IsRomantic actor value? In case of affirmative answer does your mod have a system to romance again Ivy in case some other mod set the isRomantic actor value to 0? You see I am going to play with that awesome Ivy together with my mod, but in MCG there is an "infidelty" tracking system that bring that actor value back to 0 if a vanilla romanced companion see you doing sex with another npc. Vanilla companions can restore then the romanced status back raising the vanilla affinity, can Ivy do the same?

Thank you for this piece of art!

11 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Hello great Reginald :D , I think I have already asked this to you but my memory is so bad! Does Ivy use the vanilla affinity system? CA_Affinity actor value? And when it has been romanced, is that marked using the vanilla CA_IsRomantic actor value? In case of affirmative answer does your mod have a system to romance again Ivy in case some other mod set the isRomantic actor value to 0? You see I am going to play with that awesome Ivy together with my mod, but in MCG there is an "infidelty" tracking system that bring that actor value back to 0 if a vanilla romanced companion see you doing sex with another npc. Vanilla companions can restore then the romanced status back raising the vanilla affinity, can Ivy do the same?

Thank you for this piece of art!

No she has her own affinity systems in 4.0, which have been greatly enhanced in v5.0. (Which is hopefully to be released soon).

The new version will hold counters for Romance(love), Enticement, anger and irritation and has over 20 levels of intimacy as your relationship with her grows. Each time when the intimacy levels grow, Ivy will feel confident in sharing more about herself with you. The deeper your level of intimacy is with her, the more she will speak about real things, instead of just small talk/jokes/sexy talk. At one point she will trust you completely, and will share every secret she has with you.

The new version will also have a memory of how your relationship with her progresses. You can for instance break up your relationship with her, then rekindle the romance but she will be more hesitant the second time. Then when you've dumped her enough times, of if you have made her very angry, she might refuse to be romantic with you forever. You can even do (terrible, terrible) things to piss her off so much that she will want to kill you.

My advice: Don't ever piss her off, then you should be fine.

9 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

No she has her own affinity systems in 4.0, which have been greatly enhanced in v5.0. (Which is hopefully to be released soon).

The new version will hold counters for Romance(love), Enticement, anger and irritation and has over 20 levels of intimacy as your relationship with her grows. Each time when the intimacy levels grow, Ivy will feel confident in sharing more about herself with you. The deeper your level of intimacy is with her, the more she will speak about real things, instead of just small talk/jokes/sexy talk. At one point she will trust you completely, and will share every secret she has with you.

The new version will also have a memory of how your relationship with her progresses. You can for instance break up your relationship with her, then rekindle the romance but she will be more hesitant the second time. Then when you've dumped her enough times, of if you have made her very angry, she might refuse to be romantic with you forever. You can even do (terrible, terrible) things to piss her off so much that she will want to kill you.

My advice: Don't ever piss her off, then you should be fine.

ahahah ok thank you, I will looking forward for the next version! :D

Sometimes people don't really understand the concept of a Break and what it means.

Get the time away you need for your mental health. When you reach that point - we need you back.

We have lost too many good authors to burnout, of one sort or another.