Had nothing to do after studying most of the day and made this:.

READ THE ENTIRE COMIC BY CLICKING ON THE MAGAZINE COVER AND NAVIGATING LEFT and RIGHT

Or download it in RAR format from the download page.

_Cover.jpg.5dd89e68843b82b47f60d66aa56a4c0a.jpg

Read the comic in the spoiler.

601672097_Page00.jpg.ec98bcc4f8c27d7a9cbcfb5d57770f9a.jpg

1811967320_Page01.jpg.e8d161abc0e24c4f3b93d439de86ed75.jpg

1650270949_Page02.jpg.cdeef6ba5c6cad614e37f508d26ff207.jpg

1987407351_Page03.jpg.74839cdd5c5dff24ee3aba7377dcd51d.jpg

853887106_Page04.jpg.9f2c1b78c041b04c3711950b8cd79d56.jpg

1354023242_Page05.jpg.90a62a34f462c38c688aeb05eeeba901.jpg

1250090421_Page06.jpg.5a3b7ec07d6a8bce9b9baa59c1222d3f.jpg

2137876792_Page07.jpg.fe5762d3da642502008cd9b40f5bbbc4.jpg

1938719398_Page08.jpg.7e7e5c84f382556d055afcf0c9b96214.jpg

1061949304_Page09.jpg.7b38814f4e3cb13627b9106859911e35.jpg

938186752_Page10.jpg.05307b8d15968edb9f5647e5ea3a0d2d.jpg

1553088962_Page11.jpg.a33533d3e7e2c4641302e8af28153b6b.jpg

2025816306_Page12.jpg.ccb4bb90b1e4c530921d575dfbccace3.jpg

1777245775_Page13.jpg.27247b9f56df2d5da5de0e62f3c1ea5f.jpg

440798780_Page14.jpg.c9ae2a8d283fe5b0f3dab14c6aba48d3.jpg

Getting the notice that Ivy had been updated bout gave me a heart attack.

Thanks for the comic! Will tide us over while we somewhat patiently wait for 5.0.

Great comic! You are a good story teller.

Petty point of the day: If Nora is chained upside down - her necklace should not be hanging toward her feet. Past her ear maybe.

17 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Getting the notice that Ivy had been updated bout gave me a heart attack.

Thanks for the comic! Will tide us over while we somewhat patiently wait for 5.0.

Great comic! You are a good story teller.

Petty point of the day: If Nora is chained upside down - her necklace should not be hanging toward her feet. Past her ear maybe.

I figured these posts get lost in the fray of the support thread so I'd make it a separate upload.

A release for 5.0 is still scheduled, but it wouldn't come out of the blue like that. The final release date will be announced soon.

I noticed the necklace, but I didn't want to go back to redo it without it. I figured, it's just clinging to her because she's wet with perspiration. ?

Interlude

As King Pelican sat, perched on the ledge of the tall office building, he remembered the first time he flew into a human city. He saw his intelligence, or rather the disease that gave him intelligence, more as a curse than anything else. In the end, it had caused the great Pelican wars.. lasting for years and years.. The shaky truce had been threatened more than once.. and staying neutral in the human conflicts became more and more difficult each day.

Only a year ago, a division between birds had seemed entirely impossible.
But now? There were thousands of his people he had lost contact with.
He used to be able to hear all of their thoughts, they shared.. at will!
But now.. somehow the human conflict had seeped into his people.
Like a virus!

And those metal bird intruders looked more life-like every day. He had instigated a code word, for everyone to share before engaging. The great telepathic link was failing. Were the metal intruders responsible? Had the humans figured out the way to disrupt his method of control? Then why would they have come for his help now?

King Pelican shook his feathers, feeling the old wound in his left wing.
A reminder of what the humans did to him and his species.

He looked back and saw his own army, then looked down as he saw the humans fight their enemies.
"I can't believe we are working together with the humans, fighting our own kind.", the General said in his raspy low voice to the King.
"It is a dark day, indeed.", King Pelican replied as he saw the black cloud of birds approach.
"They are many.. More than I had expected.", the General said.
"No matter, old friend. We will kill them all, I cannot bear traitors."
King Pelican looked back and raised his wings.
"Show the traitors no mercy.. Kill them all!"

The sky turned dark as the Pelican army blotted out the sun.
And when the Pelican King rose up in flight, the humans below shouted and applauded him.
Then his Pelican army attacked and it rained blood.

Bathed in blood, King Pelican looked out over the battlefield, with his generals flying in low formation behind him.
The battle had cost so much!

"It's time to retreat. We will build a city, with high walls and a ceiling. There we will have families, culture, arts, trade and true civilization."

I discovered this mod few days ago, so maybe someone asked these questions, but still:

- Is there much difference in Ivy's interactions between male / female PC? Which one has more lines or it is same number for both?

- Does friendly fire lowers affinity?

- In "Flirt" dialogue she repeats erotic stories a lot. Sometimes same one twice in a row. Rarely she asks something in this dialogue branch. Is it a bug?

Anyway, amazing mod. Already spent 10+ hrs wandering commonwealth with Ivy and can't wait to start new playthrough with 5.0

10 minutes ago, VaultDweller11 said:

I discovered this mod few days ago, so maybe someone asked these questions, but still:

- Is there much difference in Ivy's interactions between male / female PC? Which one has more lines or it is same number for both?

- In "Flirt" dialogue she repeats erotic stories a lot. Sometimes same one twice in a row. Rarely she asks something in this dialogue branch. Is it a bug?

Anyway, amazing mod. Already spent 10+ hrs wandering commonwealth with Ivy and can't wait to start new playthrough with 5.0

Yes, but it's the same number of lines. Perhaps a few more for the male, but that's really just a couple if so.

Nope.

The entire flirting system has been remade from scratch in 5.0 so it'll work quite differently in that version.

15 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Yes, but it's the same number of lines. Perhaps a few more for the male, but that's really just a couple if so.

Nope.

The entire flirting system has been remade from scratch in 5.0 so it'll work quite differently in that version.

Thanks for answering.

Interlude

Annoyed, irritated and powerless, King Pelican sat perched on his throne. The throne had been hand made by his subjects, carved from the large tree in the center of what could be considered the Pelican Capital.

"Powerless", his general hissed.

The King looked at his general. They had been friends since the very beginning. If the King itself was the heart of the Pelican nation, then the General represented its talons.

"Our spies cannot penetrate the facility, we cannot even ascertain whether it's of any use at this point.", the General looked around the area, always surveying.. observing.

"We've sent some of our best.. all disappeared without a trace.", an advisor said.

"We should go in.. full force.", the General said.

"No, far too risky. We might risk the prisoner.", another advisor said.

King Pelican listened to the arguments as they came up.

It was always the same decision: Action? Or Inaction?

He remembered his initial visions, glimpses of the future. He had seen a great Pelican nation under his wing, all birds protected and working in unison towards a better future under his guidance and leadership. The visions had revealed none of this drudgery and drama. He was angry at himself. Why had he agreed to this in the first place? His initial plans had been so straightforward, so simple! But then the Pelican nation had grown beyond even him. The institute of bureaucracy, his army, it had all become muddied in useless details! He remembered seeing all the details of it. He remembered seeing this very moment. It had been the logical extension of everything that had preceded it.

The King looked knowingly at his General. He favored action. Everything within him screamed to accept the General's advice; go in full force!

His trusted friend had never failed him before... But this time, doubts assailed him.

The discussion kept going on as he looked out over the city. He saw the town hall in the distance, the tree of education, the Pelican Institute of Technology, the weapon and armor yards beyond that. He had created a war economy. A deadly machine to protect it's otherwise soft inner core. He thought about the birthing process. How fragile the egg shells of his children, how cruel the evolutionary process had been to birds.. Still with all this technology and with added intelligence, they still lost too many children. The soft egg shells reminded him of what he needed to protect and just how fragile it was. One wrong move and the humans, or any other predator, could take everything away. Already humans were catching his kin to train or brainwash them. How many? He closed his eyes and tried to feel in his telepathic network of birds, but it was jumbled. Foggy by the human interference.

"Silence!", his voice boomed out over the discussion of his advisors and generals. Quietly they looked at him as he extended his wings and flapped, then he settled down, looking at each of his advisors individually.

"Before we took the forests back, humans would often cut the trees, up in the mountains, to use their wood.", the King pointed his wing upwards towards the mountains.

"They would send the logs back down the river, where gravity and the water would take them to the factory, so workers could cut the logs into little pieces."

His General nodded, "Barbarians".

The King continued, "The humans would cut so much trees that every now and then the river would become blocked by them. This caused the river to become clogged with tree-logs and production would stop. Sometimes it would take days to clear out the blockage."

His advisors looked at him questioningly. What did this have to do with saving the prisoners?

The King breathed deeply as he looked at the faces of his advisors, to let the words sink in.

"Sometimes special humans were called. These humans had a certain talent. They were called Key-Loggers. The human would look at the hundreds of different logs in the river, then he would point at the one log that caused the blockage. Removing that log would solve the entire blockage and all logs would continue to flow through the river again."

His advisors were confused, they knew there was wisdom in the King's words and they were piqued to listen and observe, but understanding failed them.

The King looked out at the weapon and armor yard.

"How many weapons were forged today?", he asked.

"Twelve Thousand, my lord.", one of his advisors named Ovi said.

"Twelve Thousand..", the King repeated.

"And how much armor?", he asked.

"Forty five hundred, my Lord", Ovi said.

The King looked at the bird. Fat from grain, his feathers hardly ruffled, a scar across it's beak. He remembered this one. As a young bird, Ovi had been part of his death commando's, now he was part of the bureaucratic machine, overlooking weapons and armor development.

Suddenly profoundly disturbed, the King realized that where humans had their religions, the Pelicans had only known warfare and territorial expansion.

Yes, he had been right to claim territory for the birds. He was convinced. But the price?

He had done nothing but follow the Pelican God's visions. He had seen them clearly!

This city, this throne! It had all been there in the vision. It had lacked details, but it had all been here.

He knew he was still following the path he had created.

"Thank you, Ovi. Perfect work, as always.", the King said.

Proudly, Ovi shook his feathers, perching up with new pride.

"What do we do, King?", the General asked.

"We find the Key-Log", the King replied.

Your torturing me Reginald lol.  I just finished reinstalling FO4 for another play through and see that my favorite mod has a huge update coming "soon".  Well guess I will be starting my new play through "soon" then rofl.  Take your time this is my favorite companion from any game ever I just cant wait to see the wasteland with her again.

2 hours ago, startrecker said:

Your torturing me Reginald lol.  I just finished reinstalling FO4 for another play through and see that my favorite mod has a huge update coming "soon".  Well guess I will be starting my new play through "soon" then rofl.  Take your time this is my favorite companion from any game ever I just cant wait to see the wasteland with her again.

I've got the same situation....poised to launch a new campaign into the Commonwealth once my teammate is available.

My favorite Skyrim mods are those that offer a deeper companion experience. So, when I saw this one for FO4, I bought the game. Kinda backwards. Most people buy the game then look to see the mods people offer. But, I decided to play FO4, just because this mod was already there.

I did not regret that.

14 hours ago, startrecker said:

Yeah I've stopped playing FO4 for over six months now, just waiting for Ivy 5.0! ?

Thankfully I have tons of games to keep me preoccupied, SSE with mods being the main one lmao!

On 10/20/2019 at 9:25 AM, bishlapped said:

I've got the same situation....poised to launch a new campaign into the Commonwealth once my teammate is available.

My favorite Skyrim mods are those that offer a deeper companion experience. So, when I saw this one for FO4, I bought the game. Kinda backwards. Most people buy the game then look to see the mods people offer. But, I decided to play FO4, just because this mod was already there.

I did not regret that.

I do/did the same thing. I look for game lasting companion mods. I was on the Fence about FO4, but then I saw ivy and knew I was close to getting a PC that would run FO4. I've been in love with Ivy since before I even had a pc to run the damn game!

on my own side note. Still running through the Thuggysmurf quest mods. I had Ivy chilling at the Rocket (A no companion area of mod) and I'm thinking "Man, I miss Ivy. I gotta pick her up after this quest." and then my wife vocalized the same thing! R asked me where my waifu was and said that She missed Ivy's foul mouth

Any chance there will ever be an AFT patch for this? I would love to try this mod. I have Heather and Ellen and Darlene and Kit. I don't need an army but it's fun to listen to them banter back and forth at each other. I have had no problems with AFT with any of these companions or the vanilla ones. Maybe it's my PC, it's kind of a beast. I'm not sure that  disabling AFT is a good idea and any input on that would be welcome. I have seen the vicious nasty comments from both sides about the AFT thing and I don't want to be a part of that or piss anyone off. I just would like to have Ivy along with my little troupe. If all it does is break Ivy's A.I. I know little of coding but in the multitude of hours I've played FO4, Seems like one of the companions, maybe Kit, was just completely ignored by AFT. But if any modder out there knows how to make a patch, I would be eternally grateful as I believe would many others.

3 hours ago, leafwolf60 said:

Any chance there will ever be an AFT patch for this? I would love to try this mod. I have Heather and Ellen and Darlene and Kit. I don't need an army but it's fun to listen to them banter back and forth at each other. I have had no problems with AFT with any of these companions or the vanilla ones. Maybe it's my PC, it's kind of a beast. I'm not sure that  disabling AFT is a good idea and any input on that would be welcome. I have seen the vicious nasty comments from both sides about the AFT thing and I don't want to be a part of that or piss anyone off. I just would like to have Ivy along with my little troupe. If all it does is break Ivy's A.I. I know little of coding but in the multitude of hours I've played FO4, Seems like one of the companions, maybe Kit, was just completely ignored by AFT. But if any modder out there knows how to make a patch, I would be eternally grateful as I believe would many others.

The 'AFT discussion' is a bit of a myth. It never really escalated or angered anyone in this thread (or the previous one).

Personally I find it interesting and amusing that it keeps coming back.

The underlying point is that AFT breaks Ivy's scripts and quest integration causing unpredictable bugs (because it messes with the follower script). That makes it very difficult to support Ivy as many of the bugs posted initially in the support thread were actually AFT related bugs. I then installed AFT and some other multiple follower mods and basically found out that around a quarter of Ivy's content simply went 'missing' when AFT was active. I then added the warning that Ivy is simply unsupported if AFT is in the load-order after Ivy suddenly walked away from me, towards Covenant, then started circling it forever.

Every now and then a user will ask for support, temporarily disable AFT to get a 'clean' mod-load order, then submit that they weren't using AFT, but that only hurts them in the end, as it completely destroys my ability to reproduce or fix the errors for them. The bottom line is, many regular users that play mods don't really know what the hell is going on the background. They read some tricks, try them, then if that didn't work they blame the mods for being bad; while they were causing their own problems all along. I've seen this happen since my first modding days of Quake 1 and it's never really changed. There's just different levels of knowledge for different players. And usually the ones that have their knowledge somewhere in between total nitwit and absolute genius try such things (thinking they're 'clever').

Long story short, AFT is unsupported with Ivy. Using it is like removing her warrantee seal. And it will (most likely) introduce bugs and cut anywhere between 1000 and 2000 lines of Ivy's content. Also, she is so engaging and has so much content in 5.0 that you'll likely not want to have multiple companions anyway. I'm not saying it's completely impossible. And perhaps someone might bring out a full patch for it. But in her base build, AFT is not supported.

First time I tried Ivy I played with AFT. At first glance everything looks fine. She functions, She comments and she talks.

It's only after I removed AFT I realized how it kills Ivy. Compared to most followers Ivy is really complicated. You actually have a 'companion' not just a follower that is bullet magnet and pack mule.

I don't know the technical stuff about AFT and Ivy. But honestly I like having Ivy alone. I tried many companions. Last of them is Kit from the machine and her which is great by the way. But Ivy is special.