VERY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

You've arrived at the VFAQ. READ THIS in ANY CASE before posting any issues about Ivy in this thread. If you're answer has already been posted, your question will be quoted with a short 'read the VFAQ'. :)

List of known mods which are incompatible with Ivy and completely break her functionality:

Remnant Bunker Player Home
Overwrites the root cellar.
Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24032?tab=description

Fix:

1) Place before Ivy in the load order, you will lose the changes made by RBPH to the root-cellar.

2) Try to add Ivy by placing her by your side, then recruit her, use the radio fix to fix the radio:

Player.Placeatme #IVY'S ID HERE#

Sanctuary Estates (Any version/Type)

Simply breaks Ivy by overwriting the root cellar and the radio.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29656/

Fix:

None. Not compatible at all. Do not use if you want to use Ivy.

- I dont know if this has been asked or not, but using nmm either the robot or Chic Geek's voice files will install. I've tried doing a normal install as well but no luck. Are the files broken or something?

- Download Companion_Ivy_4_base.7z from the Downloads Page.

- Unzip this file into your Fallout Directory, overwrite any files it asks to overwrite.

- Choose to download either the Robot voice, or Chick Geek's voice.

You MUST download and install one or the other.

Choose Either: Companion_Ivy_4_ChicGeek.7z or you download Companion_Ivy_4_Robot.7z from the Downloads Page.

- Unzip the file that you chose to download into your Fallout Directory, overwrite any files it asks to overwrite.

- Open Nexus Mod Manager.

- Click on the Plugins Tab (top left)

- Scroll down until you find CompanionIvy.Esp, click the checkbox to enable the mod. 

- Run Fallout 4 through Nexus Mod manager.

- Does Ivy work with the Dogmeat 'Everyone's Best Friend' mod?

YES. In fact she was developed with that mod active since day one. She even has a few lines dedicated for when traveling together with Dogmeat.

She has not been tested, but will most likely work well, with similar mods specifically tailored to Dogmeat.

- I have recruited Ivy, but I don't have the holotape, she never gave it to me OR

- I have recruited Ivy, but I don't have the holotape, I think I lost it OR

- I have recruited Ivy, but I don't have the holotape

Open the console, type "help "nx-2c" 0"

Scroll up and read the output, find the ID for the NX-2C Controller Holotape.

Type "player.additem [id_for_holotape_here]"

Close the console.

You now have the holotape.

- Ivy glitched, she said some weird things, then sort of 'rebooted'.

This is by design, sit back and enjoy the ride...

(Should she stop responding after she has glitched, scroll down for more info).

- I think Ivy lost her gun, or she's not using it.

- Walk up to Ivy and open the console, click on her.

- Now type "help ivy 0".

- find the "ivy handcannon" entry and note the ID.

- now type "equipitem <hand_cannon_id>".

- exit the console and Ivy should equip her hand cannon again.

- How do I customize Ivy's Hair, Face, Make-up or Clothing?

1) Ivy's HAIR.

- Order Ivy to SIT on a chair.

- Stand in front of her, open the console and click on her. Note her ID in the top of the console.

- Type 'SLM #IVY'S ID# 2' <-- Note and do not forget the '2' behind Ivy's ID.

- Close the console

2) Ivy's DRESS.

- Talk to IVY and enter her TRADE menu.

- Give her the item of clothing you want to give her, and press T to have her equip it.

3) Ivy's FACE.

- Order Ivy to SIT on a chair.

- Stand in front of her, open the console and click on her. Note her ID in the top of the console.

- Type 'SLM #IVY'S ID# 1' <-- Note and do not forget the '1' behind Ivy's ID.

- Close the console

- Ivy says often that she wants sex with me but she never does OR

- Will Ivy use SRE / FourPlay / Etc..etc..? OR

- Does Ivy have Sex Animations?

Ivy does not have sex animations. This is by design. Ivy was designed to not have any kind of dependency on any other mod. The reason for this is that mods often are discontinued, become unsupported, or disappear, which would cause me to have to come back to fix Ivy as well, every time one of those mods updates. I wanted Ivy to work, always, regardless of what kind of mods the other player has.

- Will Ivy interact with other NPC's?

Yes, she will interact with all other NPC's A LOT.

Mostly through quest dialogue, but you can spot her in conversation with other NPC's as well, especially Barkeeps.

- Will Ivy talk and interact with (insert random follower or custom follower's name here)???

Where possible and appropriate, yes. But not much. It would make Ivy, once again, become dependent on other mods, which could in theory be discontinued or simply 'bug out', which would cause Ivy to break. It also forces players to install these mods as well for Ivy to work. And as I don't have access to the original voice actors and I don't like copy/pasting the original sound files, Ivy interacts with other NPC's through Quest dialogue.

- Do the messages 'Ivy Liked that' or 'Ivy Loved that' raise her affinity?

No. These do not affect her affinity towards you at this time.

See the 'Affinity' spoiler in the first post of this thread for more information on how Ivy's affinity works.

- Ivy's affinity is always 0!

Ivy's affinity for you is not counter by this in-game variable. Instead she has her own affinity counters.

See the 'Affinity' spoiler in the first post of this thread for more information on how Ivy's affinity works.

- Ivy's radio is not working so I can't recruit her! or,

- Ivy's radio is not working, but I have recruited her or,

- Ivy's radio is not working, but I have recruited her AND it was working before!

One of two things can be happening:

1) You have a mod installed that overwrites parts of Sanctuary.

In this case her radio transmitter is never created, so the radio cannot broadcast. Disable that mod or make Ivy 'higher' in the load order so her mod gains precedence over whatever mod is overwriting the root-cellar location in Sanctuary.

2) You have an alternate 'start' mod or a mod that changes the way that quests are initiated.

In this case the radio quest is never started. You can fix this by download the 'Radio' hot-fix. Open up the NX-2C Controller Holotape. Go into advanced options. Click on 'reset radio'.

- Ivy is nowhere to be found AND her radio is not working! She is NOT in the root-cellar in Sanctuary!

You are using a mod that changes the root-cellar location, where Ivy can be found. Disable that mod or make Ivy 'higher' in the load order so her mod gains precedence over whatever mod is overwriting the root-cellar location in Sanctuary.

- Ivy was working, but she suddenly just stands there, not doing anything OR

- Ivy had some kind of 'glitch' she was talking gibberish, she floated a bit in the air, then she just stood there, not doing anything OR

- Ivy had some kind of custom animation, but afterwards she just stands there, not doing anything OR

- Ivy was hurt in battle, I stimpacked her, but she just sits there on her ass, talking sexy to me.

This is a known game bug that actually happens with Vanilla followers as well. They sometimes stop responding after a custom animation or after suddenly dropping a HUGE amount in health (e.g. direct hit with a Fat Man or exploding car, or huge falls, etc..).

To fix this, open the NX-2C Holotape, choose 'Teleport to current location'.

Wait until the Teleport finished.

IMPORTANT: Now CROUCH one time, then STAND UP again.

Ivy's normal Idle animations will continue.

If that did not work, use a more strong approach, dismiss Ivy through the NX-2C controller holotape (choose the 'Deactivate' option) then wait for 20 seconds after exiting the PipBoy, quick travel to another Cell, then use the 'Activate' option in the holotape.

- Ivy said something about location X but we were in a different location OR

- Ivy said something that wasn't right for the situation OR

- There was some kind of dialogue bug/typo/weird thing

This is a bug that needs to be fixed, would you kindly make a reply in this thread explaining in detail where the bug/typo/weird thing occured so I can look into it?

- Ivy is not working 100% correct with the XDI mod / (read ANY dialogue mod)

I think you mean to say that those mods are terribly buggy to begin with and they do not work correctly with Ivy, not the other way around.

Go speak to the mod authors of those pieces of software, they will not be supported by me.

- I know you told me NOT TO USE MULTI FOLLOWER MODS with Ivy but I don't care I'm going to anyway...

Don't bother to post about bugs if you are using MF mods. I am currently testing compatibility with many of those mods, but most of them do not do things in a clean way. In fact, many vanilla assets, original core game files, are changed and overwritten that Ivy depends on. Instead of doing this nicely by extending functionality and keeping backwards compatibility, often the quicker route it chosen in these mods, which leads to bugs when you try to run Ivy with them. Some of these mods have included specific code for other mods, such as Heather, but none of these mods has been made compatible with Ivy, which I feel is the way these mods should go, instead of vice-versa.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT:

Many players ARE using Ivy successfully with Multiple Follower mods.

I myself am currently playing Ivy with the Unlimited Companion Framework without any issues at all. Ivy is first in my load order (she has become an ESM for the next release) and there are no known bugs with UCF at this point in time.

If you MUST play with a Multi Follower mod you MUST realize some things:

- If Ivy is not the FIRST RECRUITED companion, you will miss out on all of her quest integration, dialogue and quest one-liners. This counts towards hundreds of lines, many hours, or dialogue. If you want all of Ivy and use MF mods, then you should have her recruited First, as the main companion, then recruit other followers later.

- You have broken the 'warranty seal', like Sheldon Cooper would say, you have broken the hidden and confidential bond that you as player, and I as creator, have made. I will not shun you, but I will not be able to help you fix any issues you might encounter. Your warranty has been voided. If you run into any issues remember that whatever you have changed to fix things, will only take effect on FRESH SAVES. Your CURRENT SAVES will be CORRUPTED once bugs and errors have occurred.

- There are many options for debugging in the NX-2X Controller Holotape, do not manage Ivy through any other means than her OWN holotape.

- Ivy uses many of her OWN counters, so that I don't have to OVERWRITE or CHANGE vanilla, original game file, assets. This is the reason why so many options of the MF mods do not work with Ivy.

This post will contain more 'known' issues and tutorials soon.

1 minute ago, buddhagold0 said:

Tell me what is the difference between the loaded files.

I don't understand what you're asking. ?

You need the base mod first. Then choose either Chic's voice, or the computer generated one. :)

1 minute ago, buddhagold0 said:

I like the voice in version 3.2, what to load after the base mode?

First download Chic's voice, play with it for a bit. Then should you decide you would rather go back to the old robotic voice, download that file and overwrite while unzipping.

Wow! She's finally here. I know it hasn't been long but it sure seems like it. I'm presently living out in the country with extremely limited internet and I saved it up just for Ivy. It's been a very stressful last few months for me and Ivy is just the thing I needed to cheer me up. She is just so damn funny! She is so personable that I think I'm developing feelings for her or it's just the cabin fever taking over. She makes you run the full gambit of emotions from uncontrollable laughter to sometimes feeling sad that she was treated so badly. You have an absolute masterpiece here and I'm so glad I was able to be here from the beginning. Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope that you continue to grow and develop her. She is most definitely unique. I would also like to thank Chic Geek for taking on this project. Her voice suits Ivy to a tee.

3 minutes ago, ShivasBane said:

Wow! She's finally here. I know it hasn't been long but it sure seems like it. I'm presently living out in the country with extremely limited internet and I saved it up just for Ivy. It's been a very stressful last few months for me and Ivy is just the thing I needed to cheer me up. She is just so damn funny! She is so personable that I think I'm developing feelings for her or it's just the cabin fever taking over. She makes you run the full gambit of emotions from uncontrollable laughter to sometimes feeling sad that she was treated so badly. You have an absolute masterpiece here and I'm so glad I was able to be here from the beginning. Thank you so much for your hard work and I hope that you continue to grow and develop her. She is most definitely unique. I would also like to thank Chic Geek for taking on this project. Her voice suits Ivy to a tee.

Thank you! Your words are greatly appreciated!

And.. we're not done with Ivy yet. :)

3 minutes ago, eech20 said:

great job, I like your mod, what is the difference between the previous version and this one?( apart from the voice option)

See the changelog, but most notably Chic's voice which has replaced all of Ivy's lines and the songs on the radio have changed.

5 minutes ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

Fuck me! Seriously, this is amazing! The voice quality is top notch! 

Thanks! While playtesting with Chic's voiced Ivy I've been amazed many times! It all went so quickly because there was very little (actually almost no) rework needed. Just goes to show just how much of a Pro Chic Geek is. :)

What? so many hours of dialogue? Hats off to you people. That's insane!

Also, The VAs patreon link seems to redirect to youtube first before asking to leave youtube and continue to patreon. You should probably link it directly.

3 minutes ago, Cheerss said:

I'm was hyped as fuuhh for this, downloading it now ?

What are you doing here!! GO enjoy Ivy! :):P

3 minutes ago, kataura said:

What? so many hours of dialogue? Hats off to you people. That's insane!

Also, The VAs patreon link seems to redirect to youtube first before asking to leave youtube and continue to patreon. You should probably link it directly.

Thanks!! I've adjusted the links to link directly now. :)

Truly awesome, thank you to you both!

Just to clarify, if I already have 3.2 installed, and I want Chick_Geek's voice over, I do not need to download, and install the companion_Ivy_4_base.z7 base correct? I only need to download and install the Companion_Ivy_4_ChickGeek.7z?

In other words there is no difference between the 3.2 base, and the 4.0 base (other than in 4, the voice sets are packaged separately) correct?

Again, thanks a lot this is definitely one of my favorite F04 mods, top quality for sure, and I am guessing Chick Geek just made it even better.

3 minutes ago, Sunsnub said:

Truly awesome, thank you to you both!

Just to clarify, if I already have 3.2 installed, and I want Chick_Geek's voice over, I do not need to download, and install the companion_Ivy_4_base.z7 base correct? I only need to download and install the Companion_Ivy_4_ChickGeek.7z?

In other words there is no difference between the 3.2 base, and the 4.0 base (other than in 4, the voice sets are packaged separately) correct?

Again, thanks a lot this is definitely one of my favorite F04 mods, top quality for sure, and I am guessing Chick Geek just made it even better.

There is definitely a difference. You'll need both the base file and your voice pack of choice. :)

8 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Is the old 3.2 hair pack still usable?

The old files have been disabled. This replaces 3.2. ;)

19 minutes ago, Sunsnub said:

Thanks for the response. I am under the impression I don't need to do a clean save before installing the 4 base? Do I simply overwrite 3.2 and then install the voice pack of my choice? 

17 minutes ago, Sunsnub said:

P.S. and I am guessing if I have any items on 3.2 Ivy that I want to keep, I should grab them off her and save, before installing 4.0?

Save, overwrite, load, and continue playing. :P