Make sure you have her recruited. Try fiddling with your load order, watch out for the next release coming in a few weeks.

I've made some changes in the unreleased 4.1 as well:

- Ivy now gives more money (large reward) and some random chems as payment for her customers. (change)

- Load screens are now shown far less often as they are part of the random pool now. (fix)

- Added a lot of background lore that can be found in the world to add immersion. (change)

- Fixed typos and dialogue errors. (fix)

- Fixed the bug where Ivy no longer has deep thoughts when encountering corpses (fix, I hope)

- Started work on Vault 88 DLC... all scripts are done... recording will begin soon!

Some more screens of what I've been working on. A lot more lore was added than shown in this screen. :)

ScreenShot208.png

ScreenShot209.png

ScreenShot210.png

ScreenShot211.png

And my current Ivy, she looks like BloodRayne, totally by accident.

ScreenShot202.thumb.png.73e6da3705dccc62924f996fb04904d6.png

Hi Reginald,

What is the setstage to recruit Ivy.

The reason I ask is that I decided to start a new play through because the old one was getting a bit flaky. So I wiped out all the saves back to where I left the vault and started from there. This save did not have Ivy in it so this would be a clean new game for her.

The radio at this stage is not working but I just went directly to the cellar and went from there. Got the paperwork, came back gave her the voucher all working fine, get the message about the redeem quest completed, got the message screen about Ivy being my lover etc, got the holo tape and so on. The radio is now working. Waited a little while for every thing to settle down click on her and get "Now about that redeem voucher", it seems as though the quest does not quite complete and turn her into a follower.

Have her at the end of the load order as before she worked perfectly there. The only problem I had before was CTD cause found to be Extended Dialog Interface, took that out no more problems. In desperation I did a reinstall, but to no avail.

Is she game level dependent, as in I have not even started the game proper yet, just made a Bee Line for her to have here from the very start.

Is she player level dependent.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

E.K

She's not dependent on game level. Open up her holotape. If you don't have it, search for it's ID and add it into your inventory.

Then in the holotape, choose 'advanced unit options' (or something like that).

Then choose 'deactivate unit', exit holotape, wait 10 seconds.

Open the holotape again and press 'activate unit', exit the holotape and wait for Ivy to respawn.

Don't do anything, just wait until all the pop ups are over and she gives you the holotape.

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

She's not dependent on game level. Open up her holotape. If you don't have it, search for it's ID and add it into your inventory.

Then in the holotape, choose 'advanced unit options' (or something like that).

Then choose 'deactivate unit', exit holotape, wait 10 seconds.

Open the holotape again and press 'activate unit', exit the holotape and wait for Ivy to respawn.

Don't do anything, just wait until all the pop ups are over and she gives you the holotape.

Hi Reginald, I don't think that you fully understood what I was saying, every thing worked perfectly right through all of the popups and giving me the holotape. She should be a follower now but is not. I can use the holo tape for settings etc but click on her to talk and I get the redeem talk again. It seems as though she is not moved into a follower faction.

Short story, I found the problem, it was Unlimited Companion Framework. Keep in mind that all of these mods were installed before I put her on the first time. U.C.F has been in my game since before birds could fly. So it seems that Ivy is not quite completely divorced from Vanilla/Other Companion factions. I also run Heather Casadin and have no problems with her.

Regards

E.K

Edit:

Did some experimenting, Short version, Disable Follower framework, Recruit Ivy, Re-Enable Follower Framework, seems to work fine, at least she is now a follower. Not sure how it will go down the track when I have to recruit Piper or whom ever.

11 hours ago, E.K said:

Hi Reginald, I don't think that you fully understood what I was saying, every thing worked perfectly right through all of the popups and giving me the holotape. She should be a follower now but is not. I can use the holo tape for settings etc but click on her to talk and I get the redeem talk again. It seems as though she is not moved into a follower faction.

Short story, I found the problem, it was Unlimited Companion Framework. Keep in mind that all of these mods were installed before I put her on the first time. U.C.F has been in my game since before birds could fly. So it seems that Ivy is not quite completely divorced from Vanilla/Other Companion factions. I also run Heather Casadin and have no problems with her.

Regards

E.K

Edit:

Did some experimenting, Short version, Disable Follower framework, Recruit Ivy, Re-Enable Follower Framework, seems to work fine, at least she is now a follower. Not sure how it will go down the track when I have to recruit Piper or whom ever.

Ah that explains it. Ivy is not compatible with multiple companion frameworks. But I am trying to figure out a way for her to be more compatible.

Note that Ivy was in most ways created as a companion like the other companions. It uses basically the same framework, but some changes were made for her to have far more dialogue than regular companions do, which makes her incompatible with all Multiple Companion mods.

As Ivy cannot speak to other companions (I don't have the dialogue and I don't have the permission from other custom companions to make them talk to Ivy) supporting multiple companion frameworks goes against immersion. Ivy is very chatty and it would be stupid for her to travel with a larger group of people and only speak to the player all the time.

Also, 40% of all of her dialogue is dependent on her being the FIRST companion recruited.

So with her being recruited second, or even later, you will miss much of what makes Ivy so cool.

If you *must* use multiple companion mods be prepared for a much toned down experience, with far less dialogue, no quest integration and other issues to contend with, like the ones you ran into.

I do state in the download topic, very clearly, not to use multiple companion mods with Ivy.

If you want to play with Ivy, travel with her, alone. That's how she was written.

Simply put, using her in any kind of multiple companion mod downgrades her to a regular non-chatty companion (of which you can find dozens on Nexus), which negates the reason to download and use her.

I'm rebuilding my mod list and just reading the above post I think ill leave AFT out though i always recruit Ivy 1st and I used that option with AFT to un-manage custom follower I never noticed her being quite lol but i don't want to missed any of her content. Come to think of i only used AFT so i can hot key the quick option to tell what follower i had to hangout . Will having that mod that lets you have Dogmeat and 1 follower OK to use ?.

You, as the designer are, of course, the expert. But I've been using AFT this play through (I usually don't) and I haven't noticed one thing off about her. Of course, 99% of the time it's just me and she, but still. Unlimited Follower Framework gave me problems right from the start. Ain't tryin' to naysay ya. Just offering my experience so far. 

Getting to her as a level 1. By yourself.

You guys are definitely much better gamers than I will ever be. It takes me to be lvl 4 or 5, Codworth AND some luck. Granted my twitch control isn't what it used to be, but dang. Props!

6 hours ago, chubjub said:

I'm rebuilding my mod list and just reading the above post I think ill leave AFT out though i always recruit Ivy 1st and I used that option with AFT to un-manage custom follower I never noticed her being quite lol but i don't want to missed any of her content. Come to think of i only used AFT so i can hot key the quick option to tell what follower i had to hangout . Will having that mod that lets you have Dogmeat and 1 follower OK to use ?.

I have the mod "EveryonesbestFriend .esp"  and during gameplay with Ivy she even makes mention of just staying someplace as a home with the dog, no radio beacon.

Seems Ivy is aware of Dogmeat so it works seamlessly. Personally I'd recommend that Mod having Dogmeat too. Realize too Dogmeat isn't chatty like a normal companion so there wont be conflict there. 

Though I will mention Everyonesbestfriend is higher in the load order. I keep Ivy last n load order, always.

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ah that explains it. Ivy is not compatible with multiple companion frameworks. But I am trying to figure out a way for her to be more compatible.

Note that Ivy was in most ways created as a companion like the other companions. It uses basically the same framework, but some changes were made for her to have far more dialogue than regular companions do, which makes her incompatible with all Multiple Companion mods.

As Ivy cannot speak to other companions (I don't have the dialogue and I don't have the permission from other custom companions to make them talk to Ivy) supporting multiple companion frameworks goes against immersion. Ivy is very chatty and it would be stupid for her to travel with a larger group of people and only speak to the player all the time.

Also, 40% of all of her dialogue is dependent on her being the FIRST companion recruited.

So with her being recruited second, or even later, you will miss much of what makes Ivy so cool.

If you *must* use multiple companion mods be prepared for a much toned down experience, with far less dialogue, no quest integration and other issues to contend with, like the ones you ran into.

I do state in the download topic, very clearly, not to use multiple companion mods with Ivy.

If you want to play with Ivy, travel with her, alone. That's how she was written.

Simply put, using her in any kind of multiple companion mod downgrades her to a regular non-chatty companion (of which you can find dozens on Nexus), which negates the reason to download and use her.

Hi Reginald,

At the moment she is working fine for me, (I do not manage here with the framework in any way) chatting and commenting all over the place, gave Sturges a work out about us doing all the work at Sactuary. In my previous game I put her in much later in the game with Heather, Curie and other followers that come in and out as required, she was very chatty and commenting. If she is more chatty than that then she must be a real motor mouth (smile). Anyway will see how I go with her this game. Thanks for the extra information.

Have a good one

E.K

6 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

AFT does work if you keep it below Ivy in the load order. I haven't  really had a problem with it.

my experience has been similar as well. i always keep any companion mod above AFT and armorsmith extended unless explicitly directed to place under them. and i have never had any issues with them.. including Ivy

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, gdxai said:

Does Ivy have any set quest of her own other than the quest to recruit her? Some of the documents reference "Never take her to ________", but after about 30 hours I still haven't triggered any sort of unique quest.

Great mod, btw. Probably the most fleshed out of any F4 companion mod... pun intended.

my friend 2 months ago I went through the same madness, taking ivy everywhere, including far harbor, to trigger a quest, there is a quest coming its not there now, I even consoled everything on ivy, finding an ivy quest "kill Avery"....theres an avery in the silver shroud questline, and Avery in far harbor... the Avery in the silver shroud questline is killed in Med-Tec building and that's where theres a hidden lab where ivy was made, however ..for now that's just words on paper..it hasn't been developed yet. In time , im sure it will happen, but for now..feed her bubblegum and sugarbombs and watch her kill everything.    Oh you can have heather casdin and any companion together, I had heather and r4-04, together and now ivy and heather. and they both sleep with you once you max out heather.

13 hours ago, ThiefHawk said:

update did a clean save while i was at hospital where you pick up the voucher uninstalled the mod saved  then reinstall it now when  quest comes up to tune into radio as soon as i do game crashes...

There is nothing in Ivy that can cause CTD's or crashes. Another mod is causing this, you'll need to look there.

Read and follow all instructions from the download topic, especially on load order.

Check your F4ScriptExtender version, if you're using that (not needed for Ivy).

Check if the installation went good. Install through NMM. If you did that and it didn't work, something else is wrong.

Or choose to manually Install by unzipping into the correct folder.

I've so many proof that she is really alive... this is really disturbing me....

What can I say.... Reginald your mod is really a masterpiece !!!! So much thanking so far. Waiting to have Ivy with me in far harbor but you just remember me about he Vault 88. So i'm waiting for more :)

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Make sure you have her recruited. Try fiddling with your load order, watch out for the next release coming in a few weeks.

I've made some changes in the unreleased 4.1 as well:

- Ivy now gives more money (large reward) and some random chems as payment for her customers. (change)

- Load screens are now shown far less often as they are part of the random pool now. (fix)

- Added a lot of background lore that can be found in the world to add immersion. (change)

- Fixed typos and dialogue errors. (fix)

- Fixed the bug where Ivy no longer has deep thoughts when encountering corpses (fix, I hope)

- Started work on Vault 88 DLC... all scripts are done... recording will begin soon!

Some more screens of what I've been working on. A lot more lore was added than shown in this screen. :)

ScreenShot208.png

ScreenShot209.png

ScreenShot210.png

ScreenShot211.png

And my current Ivy, she looks like BloodRayne, totally by accident.

ScreenShot202.thumb.png.73e6da3705dccc62924f996fb04904d6.png

I love the way you keep building on her, its awesome I totally look forward to these addons, and reinventing her is so much fun.  You Rock!!    Ivy is the stuff dreams are made of :}

22 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

There is nothing in Ivy that can cause CTD's or crashes. Another mod is causing this, you'll need to look there.

Read and follow all instructions from the download topic, especially on load order.

Check your F4ScriptExtender version, if you're using that (not needed for Ivy).

Check if the installation went good. Install through NMM. If you did that and it didn't work, something else is wrong.

Or choose to manually Install by unzipping into the correct folder.

reinstalled game and mods still having crash after i turn on her radio station also decided to go into bunker to try to talk to her but can't enter the bunker gives the option to open or close the hatch but can't go in this is my load order  even ran loot maybe someone can see what mods may cause a conflict

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
ACS Master.esm=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
Robot Home Defence.esm=1
Damage Threshold.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
LMTOTribalOverlaysLT.esl=1
Diamond City Security Mildly Expanded Leveled List - Outfits.esl=1
The Castle.esl=1
CROSS_CourserStrigidae.esp=1
LMTODragonOverlays.esl=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
LookingStranger.esp=1
LMBTOverlays.esp=1
TheRockTattoo.esp=1
DnxTattoos.esp=1
512StandaloneHairColors.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
Live Action Handy - PW - With GlowMap.esp=1
Glowing Eyes.esp=1
ChrisAnimeEyes.esp=1
EyesoftheUniverse.esp=1
MeanMachineEyes.esp=1
MoreCustomEyes.esp=1
MoreCustomEyes2.esp=1
EoW_MakeupColors.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Male.esp=1
MoreBeards.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Female.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
ZellaHairDye.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp=1
Realistic Death Physics - ALL DLC.esp=1
Realistic_conversations.esp=1
THBrows.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
Lots More Facial Hair.esp=1
Lots More Female Hairstyles.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
Mama Murphys Chair Redone.esp=1
KSHairdosExtra.esp=1
CAS.esp=1
expansion.esp=1
PlayerComments.esp=1
CAS Warwick and Magnificent Spectacle Island.esp=1
HZS The Sanctuary.esp=1
UltraInteriorLighting.esp=1
Project Clean Commonwealth - Diamond City.esp=1
NoraSpouse.esp=1
Flat And Tidy Starlight Drive.esp=1
Relay Outpost Zimonja MEGA.esp=1
CompanionIvy.esp=1
morden home.esp=1
Modern Firearms.esp=1
GhastlyHancock.esp=1
BogartNick - Gen 2 Stubble.esp=1
ACS Master.esp=1
Clean and Simple - Red Rocket Startup.esp=1
SunshineTidings - CleanNFlat.esp=1
brotherhood of steel overhaul.esp=1
CleanSettlement Greenhouse.esp=1
OutcastsAndRemnants.esp=1
RTBunker.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Recommended Settings.esp=1
Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp=1
MegaExplosions_x2.esp=1
Minutemenoverhaul.esp=1
ArtilleryInstantdblexp.esp=1
155mm Howitzer M1.esp=1
AdvSettleTurretSet.esp=1
CBBEFix.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
HZS Easy Homebuilder and Working Double Beds.esp=1
KSHairdos_oel.esp=1
Automatron Protectrons Expanded.esp=1
No More Fake Puddles - Nuka World 1-0.esp=1
HZS Office and Stores.esp=1
Passthrough.esp=1
Pchela.esp=1
Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul.esp=1
Beautiful Female Enemies.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
NewFace_Settlers.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Collectibles.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-AID-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-Vanilla.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Patch-DLC-ALL.esp=1
Glowing Animals Emit Light.esp=1
Ground_Vanilla.esp=1
Grounded.esp=1
HN66Fo4_MOONSIZE.esp=1
K9TacticalHarness.esp=1
LaserTargeter.esp=1
CAMP.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Jetpack Overhaul.esp=1
Jetpack Overhaul - Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
More Power Armour Mods.esp=1
More Power Armour Mods - Automatron.esp=1
No Aggro Impact Landing.esp=1
SuperAffinity.esp=1
NoAffinityCooldown.esp=1
Orbital Strike Cannon 1.0.esp=1
dinoshelf.esp=1
dinoshelf_extra_ammo.esp=1
dinoshelf_retex.esp=1
CREAtiveClutter.esp=1
CleanSettlement Beds.esp=1
BrighterSettlementLights.esp=1
Clean Wasteland Workshop.esp=1
Brighter Wasteland Workshop Lights.esp=1
Final_Render_Bunker_Theta.esp=1
Bunker1C.esp=1
CUTE.esp=1
BetterOpenSeason.esp=1
Vertibird Faction Paint Schemes.esp=1
CheatTerminal.esp=1
Vivid Waters.esp=1
spacefiddle_Follower-Stealth-Distance-Fixes.esp=1
functionalobjects_vanilla.esp=1
Clean Water - Tropical.esp=1
BunkerBuilder.esp=1
Mistress Passion.esp=1
powerarmort49.esp=1
ProjectValkyrie.esp=1
RBUNK.esp=1
DOOMMerged.esp=1
PhoebeCompanionPCXB1.esp=1
The Eagle Jetpack Series.esp=1
Midwest Power Armor Evolution.esp=1
ellen.esp=1
FunctionalKingsportLighthouse.esp=1
BetterStores.esp=1
BS-ExtraCustomProps.esp=1
BS-FunctionalDisplaysPatch.esp=1
llamaCompanionHeather.esp=1
AkaWaterWorld.esp=1
ArtilleryFlare.esp=1
VermillionFrost.esp=1
VermillionFrostVersion2.esp=1
HZS NavMesh Fixer.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
Hellfirenew.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix - Far Harbor.esp=1
Vertibird Alt Fix - Map Compatibility.esp=1
CWSS Redux.esp=1
BS-FarHarborExpansion.esp=1
CUTE Animated Jetpack - JFAO Patch.esp=1
CustomConcrete.esp=1
cartman1975_concrete-glass.esp=1
HamedConcreteRetextures.esp=1
Custom Concrete with Glass.esp=1
InsElevator.esp=1
DeployableTurretsPack.esp=1
EnclaveX02.esp=1
More Power Armour Mods - X-02.esp=1
EnclaveX02 Patch.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp=1
dD - Screen Blood Duration Medium.esp=1
dD - Small Splatter Size.esp=1
FaceToFace.esp=1
SkjAlert_All_DLC.esp=1
Edit_Hancock.esp=1
Sandbag Fortifications - Version 2C.esp=1
Better High Tech Lights.esp=1
M110 howitzer.esp=1
AkaSinger.esp=1
AkaSingersWardrobe.esp=1
AES_Renovated Furniture.esp=1
RenCloseThatDoorMod.esp=1
RemoveTurretPowerReq.esp=1
RemoveTurretPower-100def.esp=1
TransferSettlements.esp=1
Tougher Vertibirds.esp=1
Third Person Movement Speed Fix.esp=1
Thematic and Practical.esp=1
ACS LuisRoyoModule.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights.esp=1
Tactical Flashlights - Settings.esp=1
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp=1
SpotlightFix-300.esp=1
workshop.esp=1
Guards.esp=1
MYBlackWidowBed.esp=1
AutoDoors.esp=1
CleanPoweredDoors.esp=1
LOCPoweredDoors.esp=1
CompanionStatus.esp=1
PlayerCommentsCWSSPatch.esp=1
Binoculars.esp=1
Hellfirenew - MPAM Compatibility.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
X-02 PipboyLight Patch.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Natural Bright.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp=1
Vivid Weathers - Nuka World.esp=1
llamaCompanionHeather-AE Patch.esp=1
HeatherCasdinSynthHunterBrownHair.esp=1
MalevolentEllenOverhaul.esp=1
ESAFC_AIO.esp=1
SanctuaryNPCsOverhaul.esp=1
Simple Artillery Strikes.esp=1
NoraSpouseV101LooksMenuAddon.esp=1
Fixed Alpha Map.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
BetterSettlersLightArmorOnly.esp=1
Beautiful Female Settlers v. 2.0 - BS Compatible - VMSR.esp=1
BS NS BFS Merged Patch.esp=1
BetterSettlersMostlyFemale.esp=1
BetterSettlersCCAPack2.0.esp=1
ScrapUpdate - Ultimate.esp=1
LIGA.esp=1

Thanks again for Ivy! The Commonwealth is much more interesting with her along.

I have been thinking about making a mod or mods, that add a couple things Ivy  mentions... that long list of porn mags she is always wanting to collect, plus perhaps a second mod that adds a special customers dungeon with all sorts of (in)appropriate props.  The first I might be able to pull off, the second is a much bigger challenge.

Asking here because I don't want to step on Reginald' s plans for future expansion.  As it is now I have to save up to get the rest of the DLC because of Ivy.... so might as well go for it.

what do you guys think?