1 hour ago, Ghostman7nz said:

I doubt the AFT is causing the ctd issues for you, It's very likely devious devices that is causing the issues. As much as I used the fetish items in that mod, the errors it kept causing me finally forced me to uninstall it.

It is especially harsh when paired with companion overhaul mods.

This. I didn't get ctds but I would remove items and they would unequip but the effects would still be there. While it was kind of fun watching Marcy bunny hop naked around red rocket it doesn't do much to further the gameplay. Too bad. Some of those things looked really cool.

I got a weird thing happening, where she isn't talking at all. Radio started, I found her in the cellar, but she isn't answering. She's just staring at me. I assume it's a mod issue. I saw you saying that mod touching companion could cause this, so maybe it's "War never changes". not sure, the mod supposedly only allow dogmeat to go with another companion, so I don't know how much is changed. Might also be "Vault 1080", as for some reason, Ivy is overwriting some of its file, no idea which.

I'll try see if it's Vault 1080, but if it's not, I'm not turning War never changes off, it's too big an overhaul and I'm too far into it to restart. I'll keep you updated if it was vault 1080

Here's my load order, in case someone else has the same problem and want to try and compare to see if he finds which other mod can cause the problem.

Spoiler

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
Servitron.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
JonsMod.esm
SimSettlements.esm
TortureDevices.esm
AAF.esm
ConcealedArmor.esm
Devious Devices.esm
warneverchanges.esp
ConcealedArmor.esp
AdvancedPerks.esp
CBBE.esp
2pacSkimpy.esp
Crossbow.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
LegendaryModification2LM.esp
LegendaryModification2LMConcealed.esp
LegendaryModificationCSA.esp
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
MoreWeaves.esp
AsianFace.esp
Hacklock.esp
personalvertibird.esp
TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp
SlowTime.esp
TheKite_ScoopDigger.esp
TheKite_CaitSet.esp
TheKite_Caitset_ReplacerAddon.esp
TheKite_HCD_SynthUniform.esp
TheKite_HCD_SynthUniform_Replacer.esp
TheKite_Railroad_Handmaiden.esp
TheKite_MilitiaWoman.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
mjp_PTRS41ATR.esp
SK_Leaders1.esp
Sim_Settlements_Mayors.esp
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
weightless.esp
PlatinumCurieV2.1.esp
LooksMenu.esp
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp
WNC_MyMinutemenPatch.esp
CompanionIvy.esp
AAF_RSE.esp
The Lost Vault.esp
UniqueUniques.esp
UniqueUniquesWNCPatch.esp
Kellyhousehold.esp
TheKite_VTS.esp
TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp
[SunJeong] Final Project.esp
Tomacuzi9.esp
LAER.esp
Experiment DCM Shadow.esp
LeeEnfieldNo4MkI.esp
AQUILA.esp
Elysium.esp
SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearOne.esp
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
Atomic Lust.esp
Rufgt's Animations.esp
Rogg DD Items Manager.esp
AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
SMC.esp
Quick Save.esp
WeightlessAmmoFarHarbor.esp
WeightlessAmmoForNukaWorld.esp
SettlementMenuManager.esp

Edit: Vault 1080 wasn't the cause. So I guess I won't be able to adventure with her on this playthrough.

1 hour ago, Elgate said:

I got a weird thing happening, where she isn't talking at all. Radio started, I found her in the cellar, but she isn't answering. She's just staring at me. I assume it's a mod issue. I saw you saying that mod touching companion could cause this, so maybe it's "War never changes". not sure, the mod supposedly only allow dogmeat to go with another companion, so I don't know how much is changed. Might also be "Vault 1080", as for some reason, Ivy is overwriting some of its file, no idea which.

I'll try see if it's Vault 1080, but if it's not, I'm not turning War never changes off, it's too big an overhaul and I'm too far into it to restart. I'll keep you updated if it was vault 1080

Here's my load order, in case someone else has the same problem and want to try and compare to see if he finds which other mod can cause the problem.

Reveal hidden contents

Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
Servitron.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
JonsMod.esm
SimSettlements.esm
TortureDevices.esm
AAF.esm
ConcealedArmor.esm
Devious Devices.esm
warneverchanges.esp
ConcealedArmor.esp
AdvancedPerks.esp
CBBE.esp
2pacSkimpy.esp
Crossbow.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
LegendaryModification2LM.esp
LegendaryModification2LMConcealed.esp
LegendaryModificationCSA.esp
LegendaryModificationMisc.esp
MoreWeaves.esp
AsianFace.esp
Hacklock.esp
personalvertibird.esp
TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp
SlowTime.esp
TheKite_ScoopDigger.esp
TheKite_CaitSet.esp
TheKite_Caitset_ReplacerAddon.esp
TheKite_HCD_SynthUniform.esp
TheKite_HCD_SynthUniform_Replacer.esp
TheKite_Railroad_Handmaiden.esp
TheKite_MilitiaWoman.esp
Insignificant Object Remover.esp
mjp_PTRS41ATR.esp
SK_Leaders1.esp
Sim_Settlements_Mayors.esp
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
weightless.esp
PlatinumCurieV2.1.esp
LooksMenu.esp
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp
WNC_MyMinutemenPatch.esp
CompanionIvy.esp
AAF_RSE.esp
The Lost Vault.esp
UniqueUniques.esp
UniqueUniquesWNCPatch.esp
Kellyhousehold.esp
TheKite_VTS.esp
TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp
[SunJeong] Final Project.esp
Tomacuzi9.esp
LAER.esp
Experiment DCM Shadow.esp
LeeEnfieldNo4MkI.esp
AQUILA.esp
Elysium.esp
SimSettlements_MegaPack_YearOne.esp
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
Atomic Lust.esp
Rufgt's Animations.esp
Rogg DD Items Manager.esp
AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
SMC.esp
Quick Save.esp
WeightlessAmmoFarHarbor.esp
WeightlessAmmoForNukaWorld.esp
SettlementMenuManager.esp

Edit: Vault 1080 wasn't the cause. So I guess I won't be able to adventure with her on this playthrough.

Ivy was tested with Vault 1080.

There shouldn't be any script files belonging to Vault 1080 inside Ivy's release and as far as I was able to check, there aren't any.

Use the console to get her holotape ( HELP "NX-2C" 0 ), then use the holotapes advanced debug menu to recruit her. That should work.

Since it's working for thousands of players, my guess is one of your mods is causing this... unrelated to Ivy.

Ivy was tested with the Dogmeat 'best friend' mod which makes Dogmeat not count as follower, you can try that as an alternative to your DM mod.

Alternatively, you can try to adjust her load order so she loads first, before the other mods. If that doesn't work you can put her down in your load order.

Whatever you do, after adjustments, try it out on a fresh save. A savegame where bugs have happened before with Ivy will not work.

I checked that WNC overhaul mod and it overwrites companion functions. For Ivy to work, you'll need to give her higher priority, so move her DOWN in the load order. Any effects on the WNC mod will be localized to companion changes, but they should be minor.

In other news.

200 Lines were finished recording for the DLC, about half of the quest integration has been done.

There will be small easter egg type dialogue rewards for players that have reached the '250 talks' message from Ivy.

6 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

There will be small easter egg type dialogue rewards for players that have reached the '250 talks' message from Ivy.

I meant to ask about that. As I've been through the talking dialogue about a gazillion times now I tend to just play. I like her running commentary but I actually don't feel like I've "talked" to her much this play through, yet her affinity is maxed anyway. How's that work?

At least I think it's maxed. She tells me she loves me a lot and if I ask her how she thinks we're getting along she just gushes all over me.

I thought you HAD to talk to her a LOT to get max affinity?

38 minutes ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I meant to ask about that. As I've been through the talking dialogue about a gazillion times now I tend to just play. I like her running commentary but I actually don't feel like I've "talked" to her much this play through, yet her affinity is maxed anyway. How's that work?

At least I think it's maxed. She tells me she loves me a lot and if I ask her how she thinks we're getting along she just gushes all over me.

I thought you HAD to talk to her a LOT to get max affinity?

Every time you sleep with Ivy, this counter is raised as well. It is assumed that during bedtime there was a certain amount of bedtime talking, snuggling and cuddling.

I didn't have any issues about CTD on Ivy when use with AFT.

My AFT load order is way below, even when using LOOT to organize. All of my follower plugins are placed above AFT.

AFT automatically put Ivy into the AFT system on the moment I recruit her. But I would like to ask does picking locks raise affinity?

I just started to use AFT, before install AFT, Ivy liked pick locks and swimming but there is just a statement that she like that without showing the affinity points. Now with AFT, when Ivy say she like the player pick lock, the statement would just show 0/100. Is it related to AFT or in the game there is no system that related to this kind of raising affinity system?

As I remember you say that to raise Ivy affinity is to talk to her frequently.

I still haven't try out the WIVS radio with AFT yet as I don't really tune in to radio that much.

35 minutes ago, xpardareon said:

My AFT load order is way below, even when using LOOT to organize. All of my follower plugins are placed above AFT.

AFT automatically put Ivy into the AFT system on the moment I recruit her. But I would like to ask does picking locks raise affinity?

I just started to use AFT, before install AFT, Ivy liked pick locks and swimming but there is just a statement that she like that without showing the affinity points. Now with AFT, when Ivy say she like the player pick lock, the statement would just show 0/100. Is it related to AFT or in the game there is no system that related to this kind of raising affinity system?

I still haven't try out the WIVS radio with AFT yet as I don't really tune in to radio that much.

She "likes" a lot of things but as far as I know, the only things that raise affinity for her is talking to her and sleeping with her. Like, actually sleeping. *ahem

4 hours ago, xpardareon said:

The affinity system is explained in more detail, in the first post of this thread and the Download topic.

But yup, @Sulphur.4724 is right. Both talking and sleeping with Ivy raises her affinity for you.

Each level of affinity opens up more dialogue across all of her range of dialogue (location, quest, chats etc..).

Affinity can rise up to 250 conversations and beyond, but nothing else changes with Ivy's affinity after 250.

There is no way of checking her current affinity level, other than talking to her.

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy was tested with Vault 1080.

There shouldn't be any script files belonging to Vault 1080 inside Ivy's release and as far as I was able to check, there aren't any.

Use the console to get her holotape ( HELP "NX-2C" 0 ), then use the holotapes advanced debug menu to recruit her. That should work.

Since it's working for thousands of players, my guess is one of your mods is causing this... unrelated to Ivy.

Ivy was tested with the Dogmeat 'best friend' mod which makes Dogmeat not count as follower, you can try that as an alternative to your DM mod.

Alternatively, you can try to adjust her load order so she loads first, before the other mods. If that doesn't work you can put her down in your load order.

Whatever you do, after adjustments, try it out on a fresh save. A savegame where bugs have happened before with Ivy will not work.

I checked that WNC overhaul mod and it overwrites companion functions. For Ivy to work, you'll need to give her higher priority, so move her DOWN in the load order. Any effects on the WNC mod will be localized to companion changes, but they should be minor.

In other news.

200 Lines were finished recording for the DLC, about half of the quest integration has been done.

Thank you for the help ? I managed to unlock her with the debug option. She 's delightful. My favorite thing is that she actually has more than 3 line of dialog. I have yet to hear the same thing twice.

One thing that could be interesting would be to have her tell her stories outside of dialog. I like to hear her, but I would like to not be locked while doing it. She has so many line that it's difficult to just listen to everything. Would be amazing if you could have her start her story and then listen to it as you keep goin, maybe killing super mutant while she narrate it.

13 minutes ago, Elgate said:

Thank you for the help ? I managed to unlock her with the debug option. She 's delightful. My favorite thing is that she actually has more than 3 line of dialog. I have yet to hear the same thing twice.

One thing that could be interesting would be to have her tell her stories outside of dialog. I like to hear her, but I would like to not be locked while doing it. She has so many line that it's difficult to just listen to everything. Would be amazing if you could have her start her story and then listen to it as you keep goin, maybe killing super mutant while she narrate it.

I've been playing with Ivy since the day the version with Chic Geek's voice dropped and I STILL hear stuff I haven't heard before. And I haven't even gotten around much. I spend most of my time dicking around with mods and such and rarely make it past 20 without breaking my game. You're gonna love her man.

She does tell at least one story all on her own, just like you say. Makes ya wanna love raider's even more. Right in the face. With a stick.

11 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

The affinity system is explained in more detail, in the first post of this thread and the Download topic.

But yup, @Sulphur.4724 is right. Both talking and sleeping with Ivy raises her affinity for you.

Each level of affinity opens up more dialogue across all of her range of dialogue (location, quest, chats etc..).

Affinity can rise up to 250 conversations and beyond, but nothing else changes with Ivy's affinity after 250.

There is no way of checking her current affinity level, other than talking to her.

Ahh, sorry for not checking the included details on this thread. Because it raise confusion at first as she behave differently than the rest of the companion. Usually Likes will raise affinity points but Ivy can only be raised through dialogue and sleeping. I remember only sleeping Ivy mentioned she liked that by popping up a system message but chatting no. That's why Ivy cause a bit of confusion for me after installing AFT.

Hi there,

I recently began playing FO4 with mods. One of the mods is Ivy. I have an obvious question:

I expected the mod provide a way to have sex with Ivy. Ivy regularly offers herself to the main character and stuff. But I did not see a way to actually initiate any animations so far.

I didn't expect unique animations with the mod, but I expected to be able to use the installed ones.

Am I doing something wrong?

Peace,

M

5 hours ago, xpardareon said:

Ahh, sorry for not checking the included details on this thread. Because it raise confusion at first as she behave differently than the rest of the companion. Usually Likes will raise affinity points but Ivy can only be raised through dialogue and sleeping. I remember only sleeping Ivy mentioned she liked that by popping up a system message but chatting no. That's why Ivy cause a bit of confusion for me after installing AFT.

No problem. There's a lot of information to consume. :)

3 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hi there,

I recently began playing FO4 with mods. One of the mods is Ivy. I have an obvious question:

I expected the mod provide a way to have sex with Ivy. Ivy regularly offers herself to the main character and stuff. But I did not see a way to actually initiate any animations so far.

I didn't expect unique animations with the mod, but I expected to be able to use the installed ones.

Am I doing something wrong?

Peace,

M

As Ivy does not have any dependencies on other mods there is no integration with other mods as well.

I made it a hard rule for Ivy not to be dependent on any mods because mods are often discontinued, changes, become unsupported, stop working etc...

I didn't want to have to 'fix' Ivy every time one of those mods get updated.

Long story short, there are no options for this and there most likely won't be in the future as the engine cannot handle 'soft' dependencies.

37 minutes ago, Larrydd said:

hi really enjoying ivy could listen to her all day, is anyone finding any companion that really interacts with ivy more than others.thanks

For the reasons posted above, Ivy does not interact with other custom companions.

As I don't have access to the original voice actors for F04 and I did not want to copy/paste vanilla lines, Ivy interacts with other NPC's by budding into Quest dialogue.

@Reginald_001  I had a suggestion for you regarding the dialog in concord after saving Preston. Ivy interjects right after Marcy speaks, I think it would have a smoother flow if she were to interject after Preston, as his line is naturally interrupted. Then Sturges could say his line after Ivy is finished. It's a tiny change but would give that scene a lot more natural feel. 

Been a Ghost and Lurker for YEARS now, Your amazing Companion mod has made me break my silence. You've really gone the extra mile. I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU!!!! She is the mod that made me get Fall out 4. I appreciate your hard work and support on this,

Just waiting her dlc update before I start Far Harbor or Nukaworld.

Thanks again to you (and ChicGeek for the voice work, found her channel cause of Ivy)

22 minutes ago, Ghostman7nz said:

@Reginald_001  I had a suggestion for you regarding the dialog in concord after saving Preston. Ivy interjects right after Marcy speaks, I think it would have a smoother flow if she were to interject after Preston, as his line is naturally interrupted. Then Sturges could say his line after Ivy is finished. It's a tiny change but would give that scene a lot more natural feel. 

Thanks, I'll look into it! Good suggestion. :)

3 minutes ago, kchurchjr said:

Been a Ghost and Lurker for YEARS now, Your amazing Companion mod has made me break my silence. You've really gone the extra mile. I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU!!!! She is the mod that made me get Fall out 4. I appreciate your hard work and support on this,

Just waiting her dlc update before I start Far Harbor or Nukaworld.

Thanks again to you (and ChicGeek for the voice work, found her channel cause of Ivy)

Thanks for your kind words! :)

1 hour ago, uncleben7 said:

I just have to stop, and say thank you again.   I took Ivy into the cave where the alien is because I wanted to get his blaster, and Ivy starts yelling "See if he has a penis!"  I literally laughed out loud.  Made my day worth it.   You sir are a legend.

Thanks!

Chick Geek did a Fantastic job with the voice acting. I myself still haven't heard all lines in her voice, there's so many, so I'm continuously surprised as well. 

In development news. I started today with copying the Root Cellar to a new interior cell. Adjusted some things, cleaned the ESP by restoring the original root cellar, etc... I made a new door, a little outside Vault 111. I made it teleport to the new internal cell, Ivy's bunker..

I load up the CK.. *borkeeeeeddd*.. many errors occur... Linkage broken, quests broken.. I try to load a new fresh game (one without mods that I made before I started to mod Fallout). No Ivy, no Ivy quest... no nothing.. Frell! In the end I decided to restore the the backup, which I of course, always make before I start tinkering.

I guess tomorrow will be spent checking out everything that links to Ivy so I can try again with some better planning this time around.

For tonight, I spinned up my old save game, recruited Piper and am about to rock her world with Ivy.. :)

(Ahh.. also: Still playing with AFM.. no bugs or issues so far. I'm almost at the point where if I would have to recommend a multi follower mod for stability and compatibility with Ivy, it would be this one. Well.. other than that secondary followers start following you around when you're in workshop build mode, which is annoying. So before I enter it I order Piper to sleep in a bed so she doesn't bother me while I'm building).

ScreenShot232.thumb.png.976bf77f17a89bec784ba20d27f23499.png

ScreenShot233.thumb.png.e407806f59149ec3cd3dce0366d1de24.png

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I load up the CK.. *borkeeeeeddd*.. many errors occur... Linkage broken, quests broken.. I try to load a new fresh game (one without mods that I made before I started to mod Fallout). No Ivy, no Ivy quest... no nothing.. Frell! In the end I decided to restore the the backup, which I of course, always make before I start tinkering.

Oof, I HATE it when that happens! It's not enough when you work with rather precarious inner workings for a mod, but the CK has to be temperamental as well! I've lost quite a few hours of progress on mod tinkering just because CK wanted to take a shit.

2 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

Oof, I HATE it when that happens! It's not enough when you work with rather precarious inner workings for a mod, but the CK has to be temperamental as well! I've lost quite a few hours of progress on mod tinkering just because CK wanted to take a shit.

Nahh this was me. The radio, some quests, a lot of stuff is pointing directly to the NPC placed in the Root cellar.

Consequence: When I take Ivy out, this stuff breaks. :)

That's why I'm planning a 'migration' for Ivy to a new root cellar.

Of course, I made my life hard by already making half of the Nuka DLC, with Ivy as master..

That happen to me when i built a druid race mod for skyrim spent ages then ck went and decided to change everything. Advanced Animation Framework has a Flee mode when you go into build mode which is a god send but Dogmeat seems to ignore that so i have to tell him to stay put .