Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

not sure if the mod author takes suggestions or if this is even the right place (new to these forums) but it would be cool if when you have an inflatable plug in any npc could have a chance of inflating it if this is possible

I know that if you have one (or two) inserted into yourself, random NPC's have a chance of inflating them.

But as for your suggestion, I don't think it is impossible. I think it may be restricted to just followers if it were going to be implemented.

not sure if the mod author takes suggestions or if this is even the right place (new to these forums) but it would be cool if when you have an inflatable plug in any npc could have a chance of inflating it if this is possible

I know that if you have one (or two) inserted into yourself, random NPC's have a chance of inflating them.

But as for your suggestion, I don't think it is impossible. I think it may be restricted to just followers if it were going to be implemented.

If it was done-

- It would likely be restricted to the npcs who currently have active effects applied to them.

- It would require a search be done around the npc(s) who are active and have the plug to look for other npc's to force to come over and mess with the plug - this could be costly in terms of papyrus usage as it searches for an npc depending on the number of npcs you have set to apply effects to.

- Other than a some sound effects and inflation of the plug a bit that is all that would happen

In the end it is more scripting activity / overhead than it is worth.

Question re. new Gag Talk:

If both the PC and the NPC you talk to are gagged... is it intentional that getting to any normal dialogue is blocked? Does not seem right to me but I know the same thing happens with DCL gag talk (which I turned off to try the new DD). Not sure if it was that way with the old DD gag talk.

That's something that is from the old system, it works that way in the latest release version as well.

It seems that Elbowbinder does not have a suitable animation for belted horny, so it will simply use the unbound horny animation resulting in seph's problem. Can anyone confirm that an appropriate horny animation is actually playing for them when bound with elbowbinder?

That's correct. We still need to make these animations for the elbowbinder and other new bound restraints.

It seems that Elbowbinder does not have a suitable animation for belted horny, so it will simply use the unbound horny animation resulting in seph's problem. Can anyone confirm that an appropriate horny animation is actually playing for them when bound with elbowbinder?

That's correct. We still need to make these animations for the elbowbinder and other new bound restraints.

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was going crazy trying to figure out why the animations weren't playing correctly. 

Now I know it's not something I was doing wrong.

3. Equip Weapons while in yoke - Normally you can not equip weapons while in a yoke of course, and this is normally the case. But on 5 occasions I've been able to break out of animation and equip daggers and use them in combat. I've not been able to see a pattern to when it happens but will report back if I get more clues.

Update: This consistently occurs when loading a save in which you were already in a yoke.

I've got another issue to report:

Periodic Events Breaking Furniture Animations

Periodic Events, though only those that play an animation (belt, plugs, stumble), can occur while the player is busy using some furniture or crafting station. In my test game just now I set the polled event timer to very short intervals to get reliable results and based on that I assume that there is no check against furniture or crafting station use when the polled event fires (for the DD event anims reliably kicked me out of the crafting/woodchopping/whatever anim or menu).

Usually this is just a minor inconvenience of briefly broken animations, but I did get two CTDs related to this happening -- each time when the DD event kicked me out of the crafting menu while the "Do you want to create XYZ?" dialog box was open. Clicking yes then, with the crafting menu being closed already, crashed the game. (I realize that this crash is most likely a bug of the game itself, but please read on anyway.) I also seem to remember that this crafting/events clash occured long before DD4.

I pondered over this for a while and may have found something that might prevent this from happening. Would any (or all) of these three checks below work?

if akActor.GetSitState() != 0

return

endif

-- player is sitting or otherwise using a chair -- this also seems to cover the woodchopping and mining animation loops

and similar to the above:

!Game.IsMovementControlsEnabled()

!Game.IsCamSwitchControlsEnabled()

-- these two might work as "catch-alls" to prevent execution of the event for when the player is not actively controling their char at that moment (like during crafting)

I tested the three in a quickly made custom magic effect in my own mod and they seem to do what I think they do.

I've got another issue to report:

Periodic Events Breaking Furniture Animations

Periodic Events, though only those that play an animation (belt, plugs, stumble), can occur while the player is busy using some furniture or crafting station. In my test game just now I set the polled event timer to very short intervals to get reliable results and based on that I assume that there is no check against furniture or crafting station use when the polled event fires (for the DD event anims reliably kicked me out of the crafting/woodchopping/whatever anim or menu).

Usually this is just a minor inconvenience of briefly broken animations, but I did get two CTDs related to this happening -- each time when the DD event kicked me out of the crafting menu while the "Do you want to create XYZ?" dialog box was open. Clicking yes then, with the crafting menu being closed already, crashed the game. (I realize that this crash is most likely a bug of the game itself, but please read on anyway.) I also seem to remember that this crafting/events clash occured long before DD4.

I pondered over this for a while and may have found something that might prevent this from happening. Would any (or all) of these three checks below work?

if akActor.GetSitState() != 0

return

endif

-- player is sitting or otherwise using a chair -- this also seems to cover the woodchopping and mining animation loops

and similar to the above:

!Game.IsMovementControlsEnabled()

!Game.IsCamSwitchControlsEnabled()

-- these two might work as "catch-alls" to prevent execution of the event for when the player is not actively controling their char at that moment (like during crafting)

I tested the three in a quickly made custom magic effect in my own mod and they seem to do what I think they do.

May want to also make sure the player is not on horseback or riding anything as running an animation while mounted breaks the riding animation and has you standing on the horse. fast Travel can usually fix it but not always.

I started using the dev versions of the DD mods and noticed that when inserting or removing plugs of any kind my character doesn't make any sexy noises like she used to in older versions of the mod. Come to think of it I don't think she makes any sexy noises when adding or removing anything except to make the gagged sounds while gagged.

correction to my previous post about the chastity struggle animation

hi and thx DDteam for the constant evolvement of the DD framework! \o/

playing around with DDdev for a while now and i like it already (a lot)

the new difficult setting realy give the feeling to be stuck in the devices and its thrilling to use the keys and you dont know if it will realy free you (playthingsetting on newst DDdev build)

atm its easier to get out of DCL devices (keys ftw, alot, everywhere xD)

Addon to Virgin Maries Testalot post:

Nice to have items:

F. Jump to cancel

I noticed that when the new struggle animation trying to get out of chastity belt plays, you can press jump to cancel it early. If this is an intentional feature, would be consistent and nice to have the same feature available for the old animation variants.

=> how to stop the chastity belt anymation if your PC isnt able to jump? Does it stop after a while (wasnt the case on my setup tho)

In my case the Ankle Chains equipped thru City Bondage or DEC will prevent jumping -> endless struggle animation

its not possible to open inventory or draw weapons or trigger idle animations thru eatingdrinkingsleeping to break the chastity animation sequence

only thing that saved my PC everytime from being stuck forever was DEC that triggered a NPC sex approach

(guess its possible to reload or use console, but this would look more like a workaround for bugged mods)

is that intentional or did i miss something or did i even found an issue with DDdev?

EDIT: this issue occured everytime if the chastity struggle animation started shortly before a NPC dialog opened -> struggle animation continued during conversation -> after the NPC dialog had finished the struggle animation will continue endlessly

no worn DDs prevent jumping or running NPC dialogs, its the struggle animation itself,

if i am correct there are 2 chastity struggle animations:

1. animation pulling on chastity belt front -> this one prevents jumping -> endless loop -> solution: zaz MCM player control

2. animation pulling on chastity belt back -> this one can be stopped by jumping

that is what confused me, sorry for the misinformation

They did add jump blocks to 2 belt struggle animations about 2 weeks ago, so it seems to be intended to block jumping.

Regarding blocking animations, or things like keeping the arm offset anims, is there any reason why noone seem to be using changes in the Animation Tree for this?

For example, for the arm offset, you can add some keyword to the item, and insert a new animation branch wherever it is needed, having condition WornHasKeyword and set to play the appropriate offset animation.
Depending on where you put this into the animation tree, it will prevent the player/npc to break the offset bound animation as long as they are wearing the appropriate item.

No need for scripted periodical updates.
At worst you still need an objectReference script on the item, handling the OnEquipped and OnUnequipped events, where you call SAE to make the actor play the appropriate offset bound anim (set via property on that script) when the item is equipped, and stop it when it is unequipped.

scriptname ItemRestraintScript extends objectReference

string property sIdleOnEquip auto

event OnEquipped(actor _actor)
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(_actor, sIdleOnEquip)
endEvent

event OnUnequipped(actor _actor)
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(_actor, "OffsetStop")
endEvent

Now i admit i didn't spend much time testing this, but it seemed to work quite well.
There seem to be only 2 issues:

• Jumping and falling animations
    ...they cannot use arm offset animations in parallel, so someone would have to make a complete "falling/jumping while bound" animation and insert those into the animation branch the same way as i described earlier.

• How to handle swimming?
    You can use this method to also prevent the npc/player from swimming, but that might cause the npcs to drown, because they wouldn't know they cannot swim :)
    So, the best is probably NOT to interfere with swimming (or at least not when it is an NPC), and just insert the aforementioned new branch into the StopSwimming (or however is it called) animation branch, so the player/npc would go back to the offset obund anim right after exiting the water.

Similar approach can be used to handle any other restrictive items.

Is there some problem i am not seeing, or why is noone doing this?

I was wondering if it would be possible to alter the shock effect ? At the moment theres the blue outline and a tzzzzzt sound together with the notification "a powerfull jolt etc etc" maybe a scream of pain could be added or a possible stagger effect like the shock boots although the stagger might break  shock on edge. I have tried to look how to do it myself but I'm completely clueless probably best to leave it to the experts! Thank you.

• How to handle swimming?

You can use this method to also prevent the npc/player from swimming, but that might cause the npcs to drown, because they wouldn't know they cannot swim :)

So, the best is probably NOT to interfere with swimming (or at least not when it is an NPC), and just insert the aforementioned new branch into the StopSwimming (or however is it called) animation branch, so the player/npc would go back to the offset obund anim right after exiting the water.

Is it even possible for NPCs to drown? I've never seen it, but ofc the reason might be that they are generally able to swim. ;)

Okay... I feel this needs to be put to bed once and for all:

Devious Devices core mods do not use animation offsets.

All devices that change the way actors move utilise FNIS Alternate Animations system. We have not been making use of ZAP-style animation offsets for roughly ever now. Neither the live version nor development version applies any arms offsets to the player, we substitute movement and combat animations directly.

If you see anything that I cannot reproduce in my own tests, that is probably due to mod conflicts. I will go over the bound animation system once again before release and try to make it waterproof but that will not solve fix issues that I cannot reproduce or understand how they could occur.

Huge thread, so this may have been discussed/ mentioned earlier. I just got the Dev branch setup and installed and I have to say, the straitjacket is 10/10 amazing. What's even better is that, due to the way the straitjacket mesh works, it's essentially compatible with all character animations including movement and SexLab animations.

Which is an hilariously awesome accomplishment. Now on that same track, has the same technique been considered for armbinders? At first thought, you obviously can't remove/hide the visible parts of the arms for an armbinder, but what you could do is add the visible arm parts to the armbinder mesh itself, bodyslide compatible, and then weight them all to the spine so they arn't moved via arm weights during animations. ( This 'slice' of the mesh would probably have to go from the bicep all the way to shoulder to match the arm weight paints that we want to override ). 

This would in theory achieve the same effect as the straitjacket in that we'd no longer need to produce bound armbinder animations and it would be compatible with most if not all anims. This could be a universal solution to animation offsets that involve equipped gear pieces.

Thoughts?

Edit: Quick little addition, I noticed the straitjacket appears to have its own animation set for movement/walking etc, while I can understand this for things like hobble dresses where you would expect a significant change in movement, for a straitjacket i think it's entirely unnecessary, and given what I mentioned above, it should be made a toggle/ option if possible so we can enjoy our own animation sets. Another benefit of the way the strait jacket works. :shy:

7 hours ago, darkevilhum said:

Huge thread, so this may have been discussed/ mentioned earlier. I just got the Dev branch setup and installed and I have to say, the straitjacket is 10/10 amazing. What's even better is that, due to the way the straitjacket mesh works, it's essentially compatible with all character animations including movement and SexLab animations.

Which is an hilariously awesome accomplishment. Now on that same track, has the same technique been considered for armbinders? At first thought, you obviously can't remove/hide the visible parts of the arms for an armbinder, but what you could do is add the visible arm parts to the armbinder mesh itself, bodyslide compatible, and then weight them all to the spine so they arn't moved via arm weights during animations. ( This 'slice' of the mesh would probably have to go from the bicep all the way to shoulder to match the arm weight paints that we want to override ). 

This would in theory achieve the same effect as the straitjacket in that we'd no longer need to produce bound armbinder animations and it would be compatible with most if not all anims. This could be a universal solution to animation offsets that involve equipped gear pieces.

Thoughts?

Edit: Quick little addition, I noticed the straitjacket appears to have its own animation set for movement/walking etc, while I can understand this for things like hobble dresses where you would expect a significant change in movement, for a straitjacket i think it's entirely unnecessary, and given what I mentioned above, it should be made a toggle/ option if possible so we can enjoy our own animation sets. Another benefit of the way the strait jacket works. :shy:

That won't quite work, you would have to replace the entire body to make the armbinders, or yokes for that matter, to work like the straitjackets. Or you'll have 4 arms essentially.

And the straitjacket has its own animation sets because hobbleskirts+straitjackets are a thing and for example unarmed punching animations dont work either etc.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:52 PM, donttouchmethere said:

correction to my previous post about the chastity struggle animation

no worn DDs prevent jumping or running NPC dialogs, its the struggle animation itself,

if i am correct there are 2 chastity struggle animations:

1. animation pulling on chastity belt front -> this one prevents jumping -> endless loop -> solution: zaz MCM player control

2. animation pulling on chastity belt back -> this one can be stopped by jumping

that is what confused me, sorry for the misinformation

On 11/1/2017 at 7:41 PM, LazyBoot said:

They did add jump blocks to 2 belt struggle animations about 2 weeks ago, so it seems to be intended to block jumping.

I have noticed the belt struggle animation does have a tendency to loop so this may be a problem in and of itself.:dodgy:

Has the way blindfolds work in any way changed in the beta from previous iterations?

I'm asking because their effects seem extremely diminished for me, none of the blindfold effects seem to actually do anything besides slightly discolour the screen even at highest settings, with the exception of Dark Fog, which still requires me to max out the Dark Fog strength for the fog to even show up, and even then it's much less prominent from non-beta.

MO isn't reporting any relevant conflicts and nothing I've tried seems to have solved anything, and I've run the exact same modlist with the previous versions so I'm a bit stumped on my end.

I'll post my loadorder just in case as well

thank you for your time and any help you might give me

Spoiler

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
Campfire.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
notice board.esp
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
daymoyl.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
Heretical Resources.esm
ZazExtensionPack.esm
DeviousFramework.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Modern Brawl Bug Fix.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Hardcore.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
Pureweather.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
SD Cages - No NPCs.esp
Heljarchen_Reform_ver_2_BSA.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
hydra_slavegirls.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp
ELFX - Weathers.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary.esp
SexLab-Stories.esp
FtM_3.esp
Point The Way.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
WayshrinesIFT.esp
Cloaks.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Frostfall.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
BDVanillaCritters.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - for Pure Weather.esp
HelmetToggle2.03.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
Mannequin.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
better_torches_brighter_torchlight.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
more plants all extra.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes_HighSpawn.esp
MorrowindImports.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SlaveTats.esp
Ballet Boots.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
HeljarchenFarmReformedv1.5.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
UniqueBorderGates-All.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
TERAArmors_CBBE.esp
Devious Loading Screens.esp
SerialStrip.esp
SerialStripper.esp
SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
XPMSE.esp
InigoPerkPointGiver.esp
Celes Nightingale Armor.esp
SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
DHuntress.esp
FlameAtronachArmor.esp
FullBootForKKSA.esp
KKFur.esp
NordicSkaalHeavyFalmerWeightFix.esp
KKSDGWeightSliderFix.esp
KKSDrBWeightFix.esp
DfwSupport.esp
CD - Female Embassy Guards.esp
SimpleSlavery.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
Devious Cidhna.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
ElysiumEstate.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
TradeRoutes.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreatures_RND_Animal_Loot_All_DLC.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
TradeRoutes-RNaD-Patch.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Dovah Vault.esp
Better Vampires.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
pchs_loansharks.esp
SexLab_DibellaCult_Sisters.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
Serana.esp
Werewolves.esp
TheAmazingWorldOfBikiniArmor.esp
Better Vampire Weapons.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Vampirelordroyal.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp
SexLab Eager NPCs.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
sandboxcylinderheight.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Shiny Catsuits.esp
LustmordVampireArmor.esp
DisableRangedKillCams1.6.esp
Neo's Slave Leia Renewal.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
Faction Crossbows.esp
SD Addons.esp
BVandRoyalBloodline_Patch.esp
VL No AoE Drain.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
Apocalypse - Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Dalish_Vallaslin_Female.esp
Devious Devices - Equip.esp
Dragon Lilly.esp
FNIS.esp
DeviousFollowers.esp
SexistGuards.esp
NoNakedComments.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

Edited by Ursur1major
1 hour ago, Ursur1major said:

Has the way blindfolds work in any way changed in the beta from previous iterations?

I'm asking because their effects seem extremely diminished for me, none of the blindfold effects seem to actually do anything besides slightly discolour the screen even at highest settings, with the exception of Dark Fog, which still requires me to max out the Dark Fog strength for the fog to even show up, and even then it's much less prominent from non-beta.

MO isn't reporting any relevant conflicts and nothing I've tried seems to have solved anything, and I've run the exact same modlist with the previous versions so I'm a bit stumped on my end.

I'll post my loadorder just in case as well

thank you for your time and any help you might give me

Reveal hidden contents

Do you use an ENB? If so have you change to a different one or changed any settings?

Edit:   I know that with nightvision you need to enable  UseOriginalpostProcessing  and the same may be true of the blindfolds since they use image space modifiers (I believe)

Edited by Veladarius