Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

14 hours ago, Princessity said:

Nuh, we already fixed on our end it a while ago.

Actually not entirely true now that I think about it.  99% of people right now have zaz animations registered with sexlab (because no one has told them not too).  If one of those is randomly picked as an aggressive animation, DDi's filter doesn't stop it:  result broken animation.  The odds of this happening depends on the number of aggressive animations enabled in sexlab.

Besides this, I see another problem with people registering zaz animation in sexlab without realizing that is no longer necessary: animation offsets.  Someone with the DDi filter enabled and zaz anims registered is going to end up having to adjust all the offsets for each zaz animations twice:  Once when sexlab picks the registered zaz version (and the DDi filter lets it through), and once when DDi filter picks its own version as a replacement.  (by the way, if you have ever wonder why you have to adjust an animation a second time, when you just remembered adjusting it, this is probably the reason).

We need to make sure we tell people not to register zaz animations, or to disable them all if they do.

----------------------

I was planing on adapting some sexlab and NSAB sex animations into armbinder/bound versions for DDi.  This brings up a couple of problems with the current systerm:

1)  We will need a reliable way to test and trigger specific animations.  (Rather than wearing an armbinder and hoping the animation you want to see randomly comes up)

2)  We will need a way to disable unwanted animations (with more animations, people will want this).  Another reason this might be important?  I am not going to be motivate to convert/create animations I don't like (like more kissing armbinder animations for example) unless I have a way of disabling them.

--------------

Anyway, fixing DDi's animation system and adding new animations is what I plan to work on this December when I have time.

Edited by cedec0

Umm... Fixing DD's animation system? We've already done that months ago ^^ Have you had a chance to test the development version?

I don't think accounting for ZAP is necessary. DD items no longer utilise any ZAP keywords so they do not trigger the ZAP filter.

Of course someone who's wearing ZAP and DD restraints at the same time could potentially trigger both filters. And probably cause their computer to collapse into a black hole but that's not our concern. We'd like to believe that nobody would be silly enough to mix ZAP and DD restraints.

Also, the DD filter does not register any animations to the user's library. It uses its own internal library and assembles SL scenes on the fly. We have full control over it and third party plugins cannot add animations to DD, the library is self-contained. We hand-pick any new animations and incorporate them directly into the framework. So if you're interested in making more bound animations (we could use a LOT of them ^^ especially for the new device types: elbowbinders, breast yokes and handcuffs) you don't have to worry about implementation, just send us the files and we'll add them to the DD filter.

Anyways, this is something we should be discussing in the dev conversation, not here.

Edited by Princessity
47 minutes ago, Princessity said:

Anyways, this is something we should be discussing in the dev conversation, not here.

Capture137.JPG

Nice job Kimy on cutting the mod authors out of the development loop seeing as virtually none of the development discussion has made it to this thread until after it has been implemented. Seeing as all of the DD mod developers were on that discussion was to decide on what should go into DD, its no wonder that a lot of previous DD developers / modders are not around any more.

Umm we use the dev conversation to discuss internal affairs, and helping cedec get up to speed and back to work is an internal team affair which we'd rather address where we can keep track of it.

On the other hand, this thread serves to facilitate communication between the team and third parties. Including:

- bug reports

- DD content mod authors' feedback and concerns

- feature and item suggestions

And we do also regularly announce new major dev builds and features so people can follow development easily.

So is something wrong? Your feedback and/or concerns are a bit unclear to me.

I am not sure why people think they have a god-given right to participate in internal team discussion when they are not a part of the team and are not (or no longer) contributing to it. Content mod developers can see EVERYTHING we do, in this very thread. Collecting feedback in a organized fashion was the entire idea of this thread.

Not a single line of code is written in secrecy. Our repository is public. We're announcing every larger commit here, and give people a chance to test -and- comment on it before it goes into a release. We're more open about what's going on in DD development than ever, and share ongoing development with a lot broader audience than ever. But apparently Kimy-bashing is fun! That and/or certain people mistakenly assume that the sheer fact that they are developing a DD content mod gives them the right to dictate what can and cannot go into the framework. I am afraid not. We really value feedback. PARTICULARLY from people who develop DD mods. But in the end what goes in the framework and what doesn't and how it's implemented is still the DD team's decision. I can't tell the developers of GCC how to develop their C compiler just because I am using it either, now can I?

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

I am not sure why people think they have a god-given right to participate in internal team discussion when they are not a part of the team and are not (or no longer) contributing to it. Content mod developers can see EVERYTHING we do, in this very thread. Collecting feedback in a organized fashion was the entire idea of this thread.

Not a single line of code is written in secrecy. Our repository is public. We're announcing every larger commit here, and give people a chance to test -and- comment on it before it goes into a release. We're more open about what's going on in DD development than ever, and share ongoing development with a lot broader audience than ever. But apparently Kimy-bashing is fun! That and/or certain people mistakenly assume that the sheer fact that they are developing a DD content mod gives them the right to dictate what can and cannot go into the framework. I am afraid not. We really value feedback. PARTICULARLY from people who develop DD mods. But in the end what goes in the framework and what doesn't and how it's implemented is still the DD team's decision. I can't tell the developers of GCC how to develop their C compiler just because I am using it either, now can I?

Yes, we can see everything you have done AFTER it has been implemented. No discussion if a feature of the framework is wanted by mod authors beforehand as all you care about is how you want to make it. The only way things were changed was due to multiple complaints about the change to the feature. I guess it is your mod now since Min handed it over to you at which point it went from a community driven framework to a Kimy mod.

I'm done supporting DD, if I do any further development I won't go past the current official release of DDi v3.3. If that means features of my mod don't work for people using newer versions so be it.

7 hours ago, Veladarius said:

...Seeing as all of the DD mod developers were on that discussion was to decide on what should go into DD, its no wonder that a lot of previous DD developers / modders are not around any more.

I don't get it. I don't understand what you're saying, beyond the part where you're bashing Kimy for no apparent reason. You say that "all the DD mod developers were on that discussion" [to develop the upcoming DD, I assume] but make it sound like you see it as a bad thing? To me that sounds like a very good thing if a collaborative effort results in a new mod. There's the DD dev chat with its members plus all the countless others who have contributed ideas, suggestions and critique here in this very thread. To me that looks like a very inclusive and thorough way to develop a mod.

EDIT... we seem to have cross-posted.

OK. I don't think what you're saying is true. DD4 has been a collaborative effort by the folks in the dev chat and many others in this thread here. Just go back to the first pages of this thread and you can already see where many of the things were in fact being discussed in public before implementation. (Take for example the removal of ZAP dependency, which was suggested on the very first page of this thread).

Edited by El_Duderino

Ok.  If someone can add me to the dev thread that would be great.

So if you're interested in making more bound animations (we could use a LOT of them ^^ especially for the new device types: elbowbinders, breast yokes and handcuffs) you don't have to worry about implementation, just send us the files and we'll add them to the DD filter.

I'd love to do that, and this will work for some the easy animation to convert (the ones where the only work needed is an armbinder offset).  But for any animation that requires more work than that (ei: adjusting body positions in a scene with more than 1 actor) I will need to see if it looks right in Skyrim, then make adjustments.  If I can't check animations in Skyrim as I make them, it is going to really limit what I can do to the most basic stuff.

So if you're interested in making more bound animations (we could use a LOT of them ^^ especially for the new device types: elbowbinders, breast yokes and handcuffs) you don't have to worry about implementation, just send us the files and we'll add them to the DD filter.

Um, I dropped out of discussion because of real world issues.  Did a lot of work than disappeared.  Not Kimy's fault.

(Warning, it is probably going to be the same at some point this time.  Going to do a lot of work in Dec/Jan, then probably disappear again.)

Sorry, I seem to somehow have kicked a hornet's nest.

Umm... Fixing DD's animation system? We've already done that months ago ^^ Have you had a chance to test the development version?

When I say "fixing", I was speaking more as a animation creator.  Right now, to work on new bound sex animations.  I have two choises:

1)  Create the rough version of animations.  Manually add it to zaz and register it in sexlab.  Then test it and make adjustments.  Finally when it is done, send it to you.

2)  Create the rough version of animations.  Manually add it to DDi and then mess arround with DDi's scripts until I have a way to trigger it.  Then test it and make adjustments.  Finally when it is done, send it to you.

This settup is less than ideal...  (There are also a few other smaller issues that could be addressed, but I will leave that to dev thread)

However, you are right that "works correctly" in that it does what it needs to do for most users.  (Maybe I should have said I want to "improve" rather than "fix" DD's animation system?)

Edited by cedec0

I think @Kimy might have worded the paragraph in the OP a bit misleading. Maybe a little clarification on what "for active developers only" meant. Because by wording alone, you are shutting everyone but the team members out, but on the other hand your next paragraph invites everyone to participate in the discussion. If what @princessity is saying is correct (and I'm assuming so), then you really should change the wording in the OP, because it really is misleading.

/edit: Concerning this bit:

Create the rough version of animations.  Manually add it to DDi and then mess arround with DDi's scripts until I have a way to trigger it.  Then test it and make adjustments.  Finally when it is done, send it to you.

I really don't see a reason why it should be impossible to register animations to DDi as a third party developer. Yes, they might be bad, but they also might be good. You don't have to ship them with DD, but if a person wants to offer his animations. Why not allow him to do so?

I get that you are concerned with quality, but you could make the same argument for "simple" items, and for that you have an API (sort of).

Edited by Techpriest
37 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Yes, we can see everything you have done AFTER it has been implemented. No discussion if a feature of the framework is wanted by mod authors beforehand

Again, you mistakenly assume to have a right getting involved in DD development beyond providing feedback and suggestions, despite you're not a member of the development team and haven't been for YEARS. You. Do. Not.

We have -always- listened to feedback and changed features in DD based on it (the difficulty slider being one of them). That something gets worked on by the team does mean in no shape or fashion that this feature makes it in to the final version. Why you think we need to ask you for permission for what we work on BEFORE we even work on it, is a tad beyond me, tbh. Entitlement, much?

The only way things were changed was due to multiple complaints about the change to the feature. I guess it is your mod now since Min handed it over to you at which point it went from a community driven framework to a Kimy mod.

I get the idea that you don't like me, or how I run DD development, or both. It's ok. I can live with that. But you were completely passive in the old DD thread long before I even took over. I have no idea if Min asked you for your input every single time BEFORE he wanted to implement something. I am not Min, obviously, and its a little unfair to expect me to run this project 100% the same way he did. I do, however, object to your accusation that I'd run this as a my-way-or-the-highway project. It's laughable, given that the place you're posting this groundless garbage is a public feedback and suggestion thread for the exact project you're accusing me to have locked out the community from.

You're acting like a little child, obviously because you feel you should be treated special. I don't know, maybe it's because CD was the first large DD mod. Maybe it's because you have been there longer than I have. Maybe it's because you feel you should have been made project lead instead of me. I have no clue and I don't care, honestly.

Newsflash: Times have changed. CD is still a cornerstone DD mod, but it's no longer the only one. We have to balance the interests of many mods these days, not just yours. NO DD modder other than you threw a fit about the general direction of DD. Whenever people weren't happy with a feature we thought about how we could make it better, and to the best of my knowledge always found a workable compromise. And we have implemented dozens of functions DD modders wanted to have.

And you know the most laughable thing of them all? You complain about allegedly having not enough chance to get your thoughts and views out, but don't even use the channels readily available to you. I haven't seen any constructive suggestion from you in absolute ages, dating all the way back to when Min was still project lead. All you do is whine about me and how I ruin DD.

I'm done supporting DD, if I do any further development I won't go past the current official release of DDi v3.3. If that means features of my mod don't work for people using newer versions so be it.

You said that already a few months back. If you are no longer interested in DD, why come here and stir up the same crap you have been stirring up months ago?

As a personal note: I regret your decision. CD is one of the mods I always have installed in my load order, more or less since the day I came here. But if I can no longer use your mod with a newer version of DD, I obviously will have to uninstall it. DD4 is a major release for a reason. Some things are not perfectly compatible with DD 3.x. We also marked several things deprecated and will remove them in a later version down the road. You mod is 100% guaranteed to no longer run with newer DD versions, then. I don't think you're doing your fans the biggest service by denying them ever upgrading DD again, or using any DD mod other than yours. But hey, it's your call, not mine.

4 hours ago, cedec0 said:

Ok.  If someone can add me to the dev thread that would be great.

You're already there ^^ Check your inbox, you should have access to "Devious Devices Development Thread"

We'd love to expose the registry process to third parties so if you think you can do it, feel free.

3 hours ago, Techpriest said:

/edit: Concerning this bit:

I really don't see a reason why it should be impossible to register animations to DDi as a third party developer. Yes, they might be bad, but they also might be good. You don't have to ship them with DD, but if a person wants to offer his animations. Why not allow him to do so?

I get that you are concerned with quality, but you could make the same argument for "simple" items, and for that you have an API (sort of).

I agree ^^ But this wasn't really an intentional design decision as much as a compromise we eventually settled on. At first the plan WAS to make it extensible but that turned out to easier said that done. Development ground to a halt because of it as it was getting passed from one member to another and ultimately went nowhere. At the end of the day we decided that it had consumed enough of our attention and settled for a simpler model that we might or might not iterate on in the future.

Which is why we're very happy that cedec is back and willing to work on it! We'd absolutely love to make it extensible and convenient for third parties. Me and Kimy have other priorities (and let's face it, SL integration is a relatively minor feature in the scope of the whole framework) but cedec, with his expertise in both animating and SL coding, may succeed where we gave up n_n

So fingers crossed that we can make the DD filter more flexible at some point! We'd love that too!

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

Again, you mistakenly assume to have a right getting involved in DD development beyond providing feedback and suggestions, despite you're not a member of the development team and haven't been for YEARS. You. Do. Not.

We have -always- listened to feedback and changed features in DD based on it (the difficulty slider being one of them). That something gets worked on by the team does mean in no shape or fashion that this feature makes it in to the final version. Why you think we need to ask you for permission for what we work on BEFORE we even work on it, is a tad beyond me, tbh. Entitlement, much?

The first time this was brought up in the thread when someone asked about it you said you had decided that it was more interesting to make people work to get out and wasn't changing it back (I went back and looked). I missed it at that point as I had been dealing with my own health issues and CD. When I did bring it up you threw a fit and said it was better for the modders and that was all you kept saying. I had said that you were not considering the wishes of the players and that is when others chimed in as well.

I get the idea that you don't like me, or how I run DD development, or both. It's ok. I can live with that. But you were completely passive in the old DD thread long before I even took over. I have no idea if Min asked you for your input every single time BEFORE he wanted to implement something. I am not Min, obviously, and its a little unfair to expect me to run this project 100% the same way he did. I do, however, object to your accusation that I'd run this as a my-way-or-the-highway project. It's laughable, given that the place you're posting this groundless garbage is a public feedback and suggestion thread for the exact project you're accusing me to have locked out the community from.

None of the discussions that were going on in the development thread made it here, this thread was dead for the first week or two even though there was a lot going on in the development thread.

You're acting like a little child, obviously because you feel you should be treated special. I don't know, maybe it's because CD was the first large DD mod. Maybe it's because you have been there longer than I have. Maybe it's because you feel you should have been made project lead instead of me. I have no clue and I don't care, honestly.

No, I wanted to continue discussing any new features before implementation as we had been as a group but you pretty well killed that when you killed that thread. For a long time I said nothing as most of what was going on was that we were finally adding new items and getting new animations and there was no reason for me to say anything as those were things that I wanted as well. Once Min handed over things to you and you announced the Questitem functions and such I did speak up against them as to why we needed something that would make older mods likely obsolete as people would stop paying attention to the blockgeneric keyword and make a number of older but still fully functional mods likely obsolete. There was no discussion at all about changing the device removal options so the optional way was the only way and removing all of the settings from the MCM menu. None of that had to change other than you wanted it to.

Newsflash: Times have changed. CD is still a cornerstone DD mod, but it's no longer the only one. We have to balance the interests of many mods these days, not just yours. NO DD modder other than you threw a fit about the general direction of DD. Whenever people weren't happy with a feature we thought about how we could make it better, and to the best of my knowledge always found a workable compromise. And we have implemented dozens of functions DD modders wanted to have. There are still people who are unhappy with the changes made to the device removal and MCM menu options so you tossed people a bone and let then change the values by a percentage but not zero them out. It was obvious you were not going to make any further changes. That also had shown how unwilling you were to incorporate any changes that went against your grand plans. I stood my ground on the changes to the device removal options and what did I get for it? A profanity laced tirade because I refused to see things your way.

And you know the most laughable thing of them all? You complain about allegedly having not enough chance to get your thoughts and views out, but don't even use the channels readily available to you. I haven't seen any constructive suggestion from you in absolute ages, dating all the way back to when Min was still project lead. All you do is whine about me and how I ruin DD. I fixed the issue with anal plugs and open belts because of the DD version of Vivi's cock cages mod I made. It took all of 10 minutes to find the issue, fix it and test it. This was something people asked about but no one ever did anything about it, I only looked at it because of the mod I made and found the issue. Also, as I said before there was little development on DD due to either lack of time from Min, lack of modelers or animators. When asked about the (then) optional escape system I said I didn't like it and disabled it immediately every game.

You said that already a few months back. If you are no longer interested in DD, why come here and stir up the same crap you have been stirring up months ago? 

Because after you made the changes to the MCM menu I decided to give things another go and see how things went. Personally, I don't know why I went off today. Probably because my wife has been in Utah for 5 days for her mother's funeral and I couldn't go due to my mental issues. Or it may have been my bi-polar condition which is uncontrolled because the only medication that did work was quickly damaging my liver. I don't know why things set me off.

As a personal note: I regret your decision. CD is one of the mods I always have installed in my load order, more or less since the day I came here. But if I can no longer use your mod with a newer version of DD, I obviously will have to uninstall it. DD4 is a major release for a reason. Some things are not perfectly compatible with DD 3.x. We also marked several things deprecated and will remove them in a later version down the road. You mod is 100% guaranteed to no longer run with newer DD versions, then. I don't think you're doing your fans the biggest service by denying them ever upgrading DD again, or using any DD mod other than yours. But hey, it's your call, not mine.

I'm not worried, I have had plenty of people tell me the only reason they still play Skyrim is because of my mod. Those are the people I have been working to satisfy, who knows, I may decide to update CD at some point but right now I can't even get myself to do anything in it, I open it, look at it and close it.

Don't worry, I won't be bothering you again.

tumblr_olbt3fZTtn1w5hz31o1_500.gif

Right. Let's go back to doing useful things ^^

!IMPORTANT!

Everything that was on our roadmap for 4.0.0 (and a million things other that came up over the course of year-long development) has either been implemented or rescheduled. There's nothing else we're planning to do before release except debugging so the current dev version can at this point be considered a release candidate!

We are planning to give it another week or so (standard disclaimer: no ETAs are ever final, we reserve the right to extend development for arbitrary reasons and arbitrary amount of time) to round up and fix any remaining bugs we find.

@Testers: If you haven't done this already, we encourage you to start a new game and stress-test the framework to the best of your ability. Try out all the devices in DDi and DDx, play with their device menus, try to use them in the most creative and unintended ways you can think of. But please ONLY use core (DDi and DDx) devices (many custom devices from third party mods are going to need updates, that includes Cursed Loot)

If you encounter any issues, please report them immediately!

Thank you and happy testing <3

I finished adjusting "Leito Bound Rear Entry Anal" for the armbinder (see attached zip).  The fourth armbinder animation needs to be adjusted, but otherwise it looks pretty good.  Going to bed now.

(Also, we should double check with Leito that it is ok to use his animations)

leito_nc_bound_anal_rear_entry.zip

You're already there ^^ Check your inbox, you should have access to "Devious Devices Development Thread"

Do you have a link?  I didn't see anything in my inbox.

---------

Last thing, is there somewhere I can read about the changes coming in DDi 4.0 ?  I want to get up to date on what is happening.

1 hour ago, cedec0 said:

I finished adjusting "Leito Bound Rear Entry Anal" for the armbinder (see attached zip).  The fourth armbinder animation needs to be adjusted, but otherwise it looks pretty good.  Going to bed now.

(Also, we should double check with Leito that it is ok to use his animations)

leito_nc_bound_anal_rear_entry.zip

Do you have a link?  I didn't see anything in my inbox.

---------

Last thing, is there somewhere I can read about the changes coming in DDi 4.0 ?  I want to get up to date on what is happening.

Oh? That's weird. Kimy invited you yesterdayish. Could you try this link?

And as for changes, you can check the repos (DDi and DDx) There's also a roadmap in the dev conversation. Please double-triple-check your notifications and messages.

would be nice if someone would create a list on which mods will be ported over to this new version or mods that will break, and how will zaz v8 tie into all this, thanks.

p/s: its getting to be quite confusing esp zaz7, zep, tufp etc.., which i understand has been integrated into zaz v8.

3 hours ago, Whizkid said:

would be nice if someone would create a list on which mods will be ported over to this new version or mods that will break, and how will zaz v8 tie into all this, thanks.

p/s: its getting to be quite confusing esp zaz7, zep, tufp etc.., which i understand has been integrated into zaz v8.

All ZAP functionality is being (or has already been) removed from the new DD, so I would assume ZAP v7.0 or v8.0 won't make a difference going forward.

The ZAP situation is in itself confusing though. I'm sticking with v7.0 because nothing else I have makes use of v8.0, and at least I know it's the official version from the original authors. There may be no issue with permissions for v8.0, but clear questions asking about that appear to have been dodged.

5 hours ago, Whizkid said:

Of the larger mods, I know that Shout Like a Virgin will be ready for 4.0. Deviously Cursed Loot will see a simultaneous update release with DD4, as well. Captured Dreams will not be updated according to its author.

The smaller DD mods might not even need an update.

About ZAP 8 - I have no clue. DD4 has no reason to be tested against it as it has no longer any connection to ZAP. Cursed Loot makes casual use of ZAP furniture and -should- be ok with ZAP 8. I can't say for sure, though. Cursed Loot has been compiled against ZAP 7.

BUGREPORT: Infinite Money Bug

This bug is tested under the current git development branch and cursed loot 6.1 (btw, is there a development branch

to test of DCL as well?).

1) Lock a device on yourself.

2) Take a shopkeeper that potentially buys restraints. (e.g. the dollmaker)

3) Try to sell the locked device

Result: the device is taken off, but reequiped at once. However you receive money as if having regularly sold

the device, also your speech skill is trained.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

CursedGor

19 hours ago, Princessity said:

I agree ^^ But this wasn't really an intentional design decision as much as a compromise we eventually settled on. At first the plan WAS to make it extensible but that turned out to easier said that done. Development ground to a halt because of it as it was getting passed from one member to another and ultimately went nowhere. At the end of the day we decided that it had consumed enough of our attention and settled for a simpler model that we might or might not iterate on in the future.

Which is why we're very happy that cedec is back and willing to work on it! We'd absolutely love to make it extensible and convenient for third parties. Me and Kimy have other priorities (and let's face it, SL integration is a relatively minor feature in the scope of the whole framework) but cedec, with his expertise in both animating and SL coding, may succeed where we gave up n_n

So fingers crossed that we can make the DD filter more flexible at some point! We'd love that too!

To clarify, since I think I didn't express myself clear enough: I don't think that you should integrate DD into Sexlab. What I meant was, that you should open a way to register third party users to register animations with DD, which then get added to DDs internal animation list. DD then would use its own filter to select the most appropriate animation and pass it to the places where it get played. The last step you are doing already for your own animations, so that should work.

That'd have the additional benefit of decoupling DD third party animation registration from the system that play them. Which, in turn, would help if for some weird reasons DD at some point decides to use a completely different system to play animations, since the third party developer doesn't need to be aware of the internals and the registration process stayed the same (hopefully).

In short the system could work like this:

1. Third party developer sets up his own animations in his own mod

2. Third party developer registers his animations with DD

// From this point the third party developer is no longer in control

3. A scene request comes in

4. DD selects the most appropriate animation for said scene

5. DD passes the animation to the animation player

That should work and make a nice interface for developers to register their own content with DD. I think, if feasible, this could make a great addition for v5.0.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

About ZAP 8 - I have no clue. DD4 has no reason to be tested against it as it has no longer any connection to ZAP. Cursed Loot makes casual use of ZAP furniture and -should- be ok with ZAP 8. I can't say for sure, though. Cursed Loot has been compiled against ZAP 7.

On the download page it says, that Zap 8.0 is 100% compatible with 7.0, since apparently most of the things are added stuff.

8 minutes ago, Techpriest said:

To clarify, since I think I didn't express myself clear enough: I don't think that you should integrate DD into Sexlab. What I meant was, that you should open a way to register third party users to register animations with DD, which then get added to DDs internal animation list. DD then would use its own filter to select the most appropriate animation and pass it to the places where it get played. The last step you are doing already for your own animations, so that should work.

That'd have the additional benefit of decoupling DD third party animation registration from the system that play them. Which, in turn, would help if for some weird reasons DD at some point decides to use a completely different system to play animations, since the third party developer doesn't need to be aware of the internals and the registration process stayed the same (hopefully).

In short the system could work like this:

1. Third party developer sets up his own animations in his own mod

2. Third party developer registers his animations with DD

// From this point the third party developer is no longer in control

3. A scene request comes in

4. DD selects the most appropriate animation for said scene

5. DD passes the animation to the animation player

That should work and make a nice interface for developers to register their own content with DD. I think, if feasible, this could make a great addition for v5.0.

At this time, there is not a single bound animation out there not already supported by DD, other than FB's bound animations for creatures (which we can't add because DD has otherwise no creature support and wouldn't be able to handle them). Nobody has created any in -years-, even. Even IF somebody would make some brand new bound human/human bound animations, it would take us mere minutes to add them to the registry, and we'd happily do that, because we -really- could use some more bound animations.

In other words, there is no use case for an extensible animation registry at all. It's a lot of work for zero gain.

In all honesty, I'd really prefer that if and that's IF an animator wants to make new bound animations, they'd submit them for inclusion with the main framework. We already have SLAL and the mess its 10,000 add-on packs caused for the user to install and keep track of. We really don't need the same for DD.