Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

17 minutes ago, mangalo said:

Am I the only one having unreadable archives of 20MB for the development branch of DDX ?

What do you mean by unreadable? Do you mean you are downloading zip archives from github and that they are corrupted? 20mb is not enough to hold DDx I don't think.

You can download the whole repository, assuming you have space (~2gb), by opening gitbash in any directory and typing "git clone https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx.git", switch to the development branch with "git checkout Development" and then you can just zip the whole of that directory into a DDx.zip and mod organizer/NMM should recognize it as an archive to install. That way, when there's a new version, you can just "git pull" to update to the latest and re-zip.

Or if the github interface is acting weird, try a direct link to a zip archive: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx/archive/6c43c522c4928ddaec4b63e643f01ee1587fd13c.zip

On my machine I've already downloaded > 150mb from that link without it locking up.

Edited by Verstort
16 minutes ago, mangalo said:

Am I the only one having unreadable archives of 20MB for the development branch of DDX ?

You could try installing 7z if you're unable to open them. It's also possible it didn't download properly. Github can be unstable sometimes.

Also what Ver said.

Edited by Princessity
1 minute ago, Verstort said:

What do you mean by unreadable? Do you mean you are downloading zip archives from github and that they are corrupted? 20mb is not enough to hold DDx I don't think.

You can download the whole repository, assuming you have space (~2gb), by opening gitbash in any directory and typing "git clone https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx.git", switch to the development branch with "git checkout Development" and then you can just zip the whole of that directory into a DDx.zip and mod organizer/NMM should recognize it as an archive to install. That way, when there's a new version, you can just "git pull" to update to the latest and re-zip.

Or if the github interface is acting weird, try a direct link to a zip archive: https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx/archive/6c43c522c4928ddaec4b63e643f01ee1587fd13c.zip

On my machine I've already downloaded > 50mb from that link without it locking up.

The download messed up somehow, and I couldn't open the archive :

5a1b2ea02f707_2017-11-2622_13_16-DeviousDevicesFrameworkDevelopment_Beta-Page43-SexLabFramework-Lovers.png.95f427036aa92a087d434b74d079c42f.png

5a1b2ebf8c4c3_2017-11-2622_14_24-Tlchargements.png.716767dd26c63f8893e389758390ccaf.png

Must have been an issue between me and Github, it worked on the third try.  Thanks for the help nevertheless ;)

I'm not sure you've got the struggle idles quite right yet:

[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150B) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150C) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBE) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBF) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC0) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC1) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC2) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxstraitjacketquestscript attached to zadxStraitJacketQuest (1502C41B) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC3) is not the right type

[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04DBEE) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC19) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC1A) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC1B) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC1C) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC1D) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadyokequestscript attached to zadYokeQuest (0E04FC55) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E04EC1E) is not the right type

[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150B) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150C) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBE) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBF) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC0) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC1) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC2) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadarmbinderquestscript attached to zadArmbinderQuest (0E029AD2) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC3) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150B) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdlesHob on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E06150C) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBE) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CBF) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC0) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC1) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC2) is not the right type
[11/26/2017 - 09:16:48PM] Error: Element of property struggleIdles on script zadxelbowbinderquestscript attached to zadxElbowBinderQuest (1503157D) cannot be bound because <NULL form> (0E032CC3) is not the right type

Fresh game (relatively clean load order), only thing which might be being a PITA is Cursed Loot; I can see error messages in there for it's custom yoke etc, which I've skipped. but these would appear to be complaining about stock DDI scripts?

9 hours ago, Princessity said:

I've seen this request brought up several times but I'm not sure I understand it. What are the benefits to rendering hands when you cannot see them?

If we ever decided to make a transparent or partial armbinder, we could make one without issues but the current mesh is sufficient and efficient for the purpose it was intended.

I'm sorry if this has been tackled. Normally, when equipped the restrictive gloves, then the armbinder; the gloves part which should be visible above the armbinder disappear. With his mesh included, the part of the restrictive gloves not covered by the armbinder can still be visible. That's about it, just for showing the layer of bondage the pc can be put in. You can actually see more of the visual of the binds. 

enb 2017_11_27 14_13_54_93.bmp

Umm... yes... but then you'd also be able to see all sorts of armoured gloves poking through the armbinder ^^

I don't think it's worth the effort and limitations that we'd have to put on future device designs and animations just to enable one very situational and purely visual thing.

Edited by Princessity

Update!

More invasive bugfixes and cleanup. Hopefully plugs have been fixed once and for all and there are no more traces of the old animation format (papyrus logs should stop freaking out as the result).

Eromanga43.png

Both DDi and DDx have been updated. Testers need to download both to avoid desync issues. New game recommended due to orphaned records.

Changelog:

• Additional idle system cleanup
  • Hopefully reduced Papyrus log spam
  • Fixed plugs requiring players to go through 3 confirmation dialogues, sign an NDA, undergo a cavity search, subscribe to a newsletter and enter marriage before actually getting equipped
  • Fixed belt struggle interaction
  • Implemented some stop-gap measures to the Blindfold events to hopefully make them work with new heavy restraints
  • Note to self: should do a comprehensive event pass in the future
  • Depreciated some code related to heavy restraints. Third party modders are advised not to get too attached to zadArmbinderEffect, zadArmbinderQuestScript and their Yoke equivalents
  • Removed a bunch of obsolete records and assets from the initial iteration of elbowbinders and straitjackets
  • Fixed naming errors in silver and gold devices

Known Issues:

• I did a silly and forgot to hide the betl struggle button when heavy restraints are worn. Minor issue, it will simply not work in that case but should function normally otherwise
3 hours ago, harakoni said:

Exactly which restraints are classified as "heavy restraints"?

If I'm not mistaken, anything that restrains the arms in some way, like armbinders, yokes, etc.

@Princessity, is this fix https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88727-zaz-doggystyle-animation-fix-zaz-animation-pack-v70-and-v80/ something you guys needs to import after having removed the dependency, or has this been fixed on your end already?

Edited by LazyBoot

Welp, guess that answers my unasked question.

Was wondering if we would ever one day see special animations for vibrator while on horseback or sitting... I really want vibrator animation while in zaz furniture too, like squirming and frustration, but to make an animation for all possible zaz furniture seemed unlikely.

at least characters won't fall out anymore

2 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

If I'm not mistaken, anything that restrains the arms in some way, like armbinders, yokes, etc.

@Princessity, is this fix https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88727-zaz-doggystyle-animation-fix-zaz-animation-pack-v70-and-v80/ something you guys needs to import after having removed the dependency, or has this been fixed on your end already?

Nuh, we already fixed on our end it a while ago.

Here comes a uneducated question from a barbaric modder:

I'm new to DD dependencies and am working on custom gear that restrain arms and legs in new, non-animated ways. I.e. I delete arm bones, fold meshes and reweight to other bones like the clavicle or spine. 

This is visually very effective but leads to ghost-arms, so I want to use DD keywords to restrict movement... but if heavy restraints are getting reworked, should I just wait and see what changes are coming to arm binders and yokes before trying anything?

sorry for asking something pretty unrelated to beta testing, I just don't want to take off down the wrong path. :/

The revamp of the wrist restraints is already in the dev build and all devices in the framework library have already been converted to use it. If you build on what's in there today, you're probably safe. The new restraint code has been out for a while now, and seems to work fine. I have no idea of what you have in mind is compatible with our system, of course.

@Farmthat:

What you're trying to do sounds a lot like our implementation of straightjackets (in DDx) so you can probably use that as a reference ^^

All you need is to create (or copy from existing devices) _rendered and _inventory devices with the right keywords and then adjust script properties accordingly. You can set up custom device menu messages for it, tweak various difficulties, determine how many and what kind of keys it needs and so on.

Animations and combat/interactions are handled centrally based on keywords so you don't have to worry about that.

As for whether it's safe to commit to anything right now, I... hope so? Assuming the changes I made yesterday didn't result in any last-minute errors, we should be nearing official release. But no promises just yet n_n

Edited by Princessity
50 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I am not sure if it would be all that easy to play custom animations when riding a horse, without breaking stuff left and right anyway.

There are some horseback specific animation in Skyrim, particularly leaning forward in the saddle that I have seen used before that could go with the vibration effect or some others. Any other sorts of animations playing while on horseback usually ends up with the player standing on the horse and unable to get off of it. Fast travel usually fixes the standing on the horse issue though. I have also seen where the player ends up dismounting then playing an animation though you would have to make sure the mount isn't a dragon in flight.

@Kimy @Princessity thanks! I'll give it a shot. Or... just hold off a tiny bit considering things are close to finalized.

What I've done with my armbinders is delete the bone weighting of a full-body suit from the shoulders down to the fingers, manually position the arms close to the body, and reweight to the torso. Then, set that armor to replace/hide the player's body/arms/hands. In this way, I don't necessarily need an arms-behind-back animation. The player skeleton is still flailing its arm bones around but none of the visible meshes react except a little movement in the shoulders. As I understand it, the armbinder in DD actually has its own animation, and merely turns off player hands? 

Anyway, It has obvious limitations, but it's soooo easy and versatile for positions close to the body. I still need to take care of the invisible arms that can weild battle axes and cast spells though, so that's where I wanted to get technical.

14 minutes ago, Farmthat said:

@Kimy @Princessity thanks! I'll give it a shot. Or... just hold off a tiny bit considering things are close to finalized.

What I've done with my armbinders is delete the bone weighting of a full-body suit from the shoulders down to the fingers, manually position the arms close to the body, and reweight to the torso. Then, set that armor to replace/hide the player's body/arms/hands. In this way, I don't necessarily need an arms-behind-back animation. The player skeleton is still flailing its arm bones around but none of the visible meshes react except a little movement in the shoulders. As I understand it, the armbinder in DD actually has its own animation, and merely turns off player hands? 

Anyway, It has obvious limitations, but it's soooo easy and versatile for positions close to the body. I still need to take care of the invisible arms that can weild battle axes and cast spells though, so that's where I wanted to get technical.

Yes, as I mentioned our straitjackets are se up exactly the same way.

2 hours ago, Princessity said:

Nuh, we already fixed on our end it a while ago.

Lol.  Wish I had know this before I spent all that time tracking down the problem with zaz's animations (I saw that doggystyle was correctly registered in zadSLBoundAnims.psc).

I though DDi was still using zaz's AnimationObjects.  I didn't realize that now both zaz and DDi have AnimationObjects for all the bound animations.

At least anyone using zaz's animation filter will get the doggy animations to play correctly.

3 minutes ago, cedec0 said:

At least anyone using zaz's animation filter will get the doggy animations to play correctly.

The ZAP animation filter will not recognize DD items any more. If people use DD, they -have- to use the DD filter.

Update!

Nothing big, just a hotfix to the belt menu and the final OCD pass to standardise the naming conventions across all devices in DDi and DDx.

Both DDi and DDx have been updated. Testers need to download both to avoid desync issues. New game not required.

Changelog:

• The Chastity Belt "Tug" button (previously "Struggle") is now disabled while wearing heavy restraints
  • Renamed like literally almost everything
  • Naming scheme: Colour Material Device (Variants)
  • Renamed "ankle shackles" to "fetters"
  • Renamed "wrist shackles" (wrist restraint) to "manacles"

Known Issues:

• None at the moment!
Edited by Princessity