Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Unofficial] Hdt Physics Extension Tutorials - Under Construction

HDT HydrogensaysHDT Physics Havok 3DSMax Guide Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

HDT_Guide_Page.png

PURPOSE:

This thread is geared towards providing guides/tutorials and support for beginners to the wonderful world of HDT physics modding.

This guide will be broken up into two posts, the first main post will be geared towards end users, contain FAQ, Resource links and support tips.

The second post will contain tutorials/guides and other miscellaneous resources and info for modders.

CREDITS:

HydrogensaysHDT - Creator of HDT plugins

Monsto Brukes - Creator/Moderator of HDT Subforums

Canderes - Contributor to HDT physics, click on name for his guides & resources

Yoo - Contributor to HDT physics modding, click on name for his latest project

Groovtama - Resident Skeleton Wizard and provider of HDT Rig Map Fix.

Enskyment - For Making a kick-ass guide for newbie end users!

Special thanks to: Vioxsis, b00marrows, jacques00, Daiemonic, Stevierage, clp2011 and others for contributing to the HDT physics scene :)

RESOURCES:

HDT Download 14-28

Havok Physics SDK Feature Guide

TERMINOLOGY:

Read this section if you are new or unfamiliar with some of the terms in the guides and/or feedback from other users

Spoiler

GUIDE 0: For Absolutely New to HDT:

Click the above link for an awesome guide made by Enskyment meant to quickly get you up to speed with all of this stuff!

GUIDE 1: Basic HDT Physics Installation (No Pics Yet):

Spoiler

GUIDE 2: Adding Collision to your HDT PE Installation (Manually) (On Hold):

Spoiler

FAQ:

Q: I heard deleting the skeleton_female.hkx (Rig Map) file helps fix things with HDT Physics?
A: NO, stop it. That piece of information is old and even then it was a horrible 'workaround'. DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE. Instead use the attached Groovtama's Rig Map file for maximum HDT Compatibility.

Q: I do use my own custom skeleton and use HDT Physics, anything further I need to do?
A: Yes, Download and install Groovtama's custom Rig Map, be warned though that if you are using a custom skeleton that has a new non-standard bone used for animation that is not already included in the XPMS skeleton, that this Rig Map will not contain the animation data for that new bone and you will need to add it yourself.

Permissions:

Feel free to copy/paste or link this guide
Feel free to translate the guide.
Feel free to make your own guide :), I've attached the images to help you! (They'll be updated for revisions/changes)

Attached Files

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

JFF Guide 1: Getting Started:

Spoiler

JFF Guide 2: Generic Properties:

Spoiler

JFF Guide 3: Advanced Properties:

Spoiler

JFF Guide 4: Mass Properties:

Spoiler

Reserved post for the modder's guides/resources

If your wondering why this thread is half-assed currently, it's because I'm still working on it Thank You very much.

Need to update links for all credited people first and work on how best to make end user install guides with gifs and all that, so please be patient and bear with me :)

dje34

dje34

AwAkE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Many thanks for this, blabba !

Keep up the good tutoring !

medic975

medic975

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Nicely started, Blabba!

Caro

Caro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

when tweaking these HDT settings, what is the best way to test them. Loading up the game etc takes a while just to test a small change. Is there a recommended way to optimize the workflow?

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

when tweaking these HDT settings, what is the best way to test them. Loading up the game etc takes a while just to test a small change. Is there a recommended way to optimize the workflow?

Quitting to main menu and re-loading the save usually works for me.

Or moving into a new cell.

There's a few other ways I'll write about as well when I get the time.

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

Title: Monsto - Name: Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Added to the News and Info post Tutorial section as an In-Depth Guide.

Thanks man. Nice job.

[edit] oh btw . . . that "Latest" download link will always be valid. I decided that changing the one post will be better for posterior because links to "Latest" will never b

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

Title: Monsto - Name: Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

OH BTW... might add this to the terms:

Bounce Kit: The hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file. This can be changed via the JFF (Just For Fun) program to build a physics profile for a particular mesh, whether body, hair, cape, etc.

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

OH BTW... might add this to the terms:

Bounce Kit: The hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file. This can be changed via the JFF (Just For Fun) program to build a physics profile for a particular mesh, whether body, hair, cape, etc.

Thanks, and added ;)

Let me know if any other terms/corrections or anything else needs to be added (aside from the obvious WIP guides/pics I'll need to add to after I finish my Unibody Project :) )

Kathonica

Kathonica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Ooh, another Blabba tutorial. You got me working with Outfit Studio with your last one; what kind of trouble are you going to get me into this time? *reads*

Enskyment

Enskyment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

In JFF, does anyone know if there's a way to effect duration? Like when coming to a stop after movement and the parts jiggle.

Is there a way to effect how long after stopping that they'll continue moving before coming to a total stop?

b00marrows

b00marrows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

In JFF, does anyone know if there's a way to effect duration? Like when coming to a stop after movement and the parts jiggle.

Is there a way to effect how long after stopping that they'll continue moving before coming to a total stop?

hmm... not 100% sure but:

Linear dampening + angular dampening = how quickly the bouncing ends.... hard to explain...reduces the time it takes to stop bouncing

(lower=slower)

Time factor = the speed the selected rigdibodies works at 1=normal 0.1 = slow motion

Enskyment

Enskyment

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

hmm... not 100% sure but:

Linear dampening + angular dampening = how quickly the bouncing ends.... hard to explain...reduces the time it takes to stop bouncing

(lower=slower)

Time factor = the speed the selected rigdibodies works at 1=normal 0.1 = slow motion

Thanks a lot. Its not perfect of course, but changes to those helped a load :)

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Updated guide 3, will be picking up this guide thread again and adding more details/links for now.

My other projects are unfortunately at a stand still for now due to things out of my control :(

Dubhorizon

Dubhorizon

Game of Skyrims

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Thank you kind sir, erm orange for the awesome HDT body and for these awesome guides! Especially the jff helped me alot! To show my gratitude, I made the following video for you and everyone who wants to be motivatd to read the guide and tweak their characters.

http://www.naughtyma...s-and-collision

ratbag

ratbag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Did anyone work out the point of impact? I've got a pretty good belly distortion in the works, but the penis always seems to hit way too forward of actual mesh?

gvman3670

gvman3670

Crusty Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
Thanks. This helped a bunch.

Vulgar1

Vulgar1

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Can you elaborate or expand on the optional steps 3 - 5. TIA.

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

Can you elaborate or expand on the optional steps 3 - 5. TIA.

Which guide?

Bihlbo

Bihlbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

What does "drag" mean in the final outcome? Does friction only affect collision or is that also modeling air friction? If it's the former and not the latter then I would expect a moving object (a flag, let's say) would not be distorted by movement, only whatever inertia the mass lets it have, but if friction creates a sense of drag then the moving flag would constantly flap even after inertia bled off. Or, am I off-base and friction only affects whether the flag would flow over a hand like water, or flow over a hand like a piece of cloth being lightly tugged by the friction of the object touching it?

I would sure like some more elaboration on "Changing [mass] will affect movement." In what way? What's the center of mass do, and the inertia tensor? What is the orientation of each axis when looking at an object, and if it can't be obvious (for instance, an earring) how can you determine that? How much mass is "lots" or is there some sort of way to tell how a change to mass will affect an object? Is mass all relative, or does a 10-ton dress basically not move when the wearer does?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HDT, HydrogensaysHDT, Physics, Havok, 3DSMax, Guide, Tutorial