hdtHavokModifier "Just For Fun" (JFF) v4

View File

Required Files: x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

This package must be installed for the program to work. Without it installed you may receive an error stating "msvcr110.dll is missing".

• just for fun full v3.zip: This is the base install. Required.
  • hdtHavokModifier.zip: Upgrades the program to the most current version. Unzip to the same dir and allow overwrite.

hdtHavokModifier "Just For Fun" (JFF) is a Qt based Windows application. It is not just an XML editor. It was developed specifically for changing the parameters of the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml and the parameter .xml files for other meshes. It was built with Havok tools and It has all the parameters, limitations and options available to the HDT Physics Extension feature set.

If you modify the .xml for a specific use (skirts, hair, etc) or even for your taste in flesh-based hydrodynamic simulation (bounciness), please feel free to post your mod to the downloads section. That's what this forum is for, to allow willy nilly posting of anything related to HDT.

About v3

This is the complete setup. It has all the files you need to make the program work properly.

Using this program is a lot easier than it sounds.

Follow the information in the customization tutorial, twiddle some numbers, and see what you come up with.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/14/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 (linked in description)
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hello HydrogensaysHDT, hello Monsto,

there is still a small bug in "Just for Fun".

If you want to edit "NPC R Thigh [RThg]" for example, it comes with the OK-Click crash.

At first I thought it is due to the special characters [], but obviously like "Just for Fun" no names with more than 2 spaces.

Can anyone verify that please, or better yet, you can fix this bug?

I manage with Notepad ++ to correct the names after saving again.

In "Just for Fun" I call "NPC R Thigh [RThg]" in "NPC R Thigh" to, otherwise I can not change anything.

Wow, and I was modifying the .xml with Notepad++ like a scrub. Thanks for the tool!

EDIT: Ugh-oh, dampening field doesn't accept positive values ? According to Hydrogen its v'(curr - damp), so at least dampening amount should be an unconstrained value ? I'm using 2-3 in my xml that I released and the effect isn't abnormal.

I'll check out the code and make a .patch file if you want.

... But the source included is the old version, not the updated one, right ?

Wow, and I was modifying the .xml with Notepad++ like a scrub. Thanks for the tool!

EDIT: Ugh-oh, dampening field doesn't accept positive values ? According to Hydrogen its v'(curr - damp), so at least dampening amount should be an unconstrained value ? I'm using 2-3 in my xml that I released and the effect isn't abnormal.

I'll check out the code and make a .patch file if you want.

... But the source included is the old version, not the updated one, right ?

Try directly modifying that paramter in the .xml and see what happens in game. if it crashes the game, then yeah negative only (=

I have linearDamping / angularDamping set to values above 1 in my .xml, and after hours of testing, I can confirm that Increasing the value dampens of effects. Changing it from 0 to 0.5 or 1 has little effect (if this was a 0 to 1 value, setting it to even 0.5 would have a massive effect), but increasing it to 3+ gives a noticeable dampen.

You can check out my XML that I uploaded, the "Less is More" has dampening of 2-3 on the butt.

PS: Negative values result in weird things, like perpetual wiggling. I'm using the TPSB body and the XP32 Extended skeleton.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... The whole, "Just for Fun" thing grabbed my attention as I thought it would be nice to make my own settings rather than the ol' scavenger hunt for a premade file that I like.  Grabbed this, opened it and my brain melted.  I looked over at the tutorial and I really don't see that this program lines up with that very well.  So, after several brain melting minutes of trying to get a complete beginner's grasp of this, i think it's better if i go back to scavenging.   :P

The program looks to be well constructed, I just don't have any prior experience with anything like this to fall back on to figure this stuff out.

Well... The whole, "Just for Fun" thing grabbed my attention as I thought it would be nice to make my own settings rather than the ol' scavenger hunt for a premade file that I like.  Grabbed this, opened it and my brain melted.  I looked over at the tutorial and I really don't see that this program lines up with that very well.  So, after several brain melting minutes of trying to get a complete beginner's grasp of this, i think it's better if i go back to scavenging.   :P

The program looks to be well constructed, I just don't have any prior experience with anything like this to fall back on to figure this stuff out.

Yeah I thought the same way too, but actually it's as easy as waking up. The main thing is just experimentation, messing with the values and looking immediately in game to see what changed helps you understand what's going on. You just need to have the patience to cope with all the disconnecting/reconnecting stuff, that's very tedious but I think it's worth it ! 

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty confused using this too. Specifically I went in to see what I could do about hands (I like the XML I'm using overall, but hands don't collide). I tried modifying the mass since it's 0, and that seems like a pretty obvious reason for a physics engine to ignore a collision. However, mass doesn't change (looks like it does, reopen the hand and it's still 0). Then, searching the XML for weights that are used on other objects like the butt, and they just aren't in the file. Is this parameter derived from something else in the raw XML? "No collide" for the breast and hand groups isn't on.

EDIT: Looking through MO's file tree, the femalehands nif files are being provided by Caliente. Could that be the original problem? I'm still curious why I can't assign a weight to the hands.

• 2 weeks later...

This makes it so much easier to edit the xml. I didn't notice the constraints tab at first then all the data in there. I found it quite by accident after removing prebreast info and trying to add it back in. THere was a problem with it though. In the constraints tab, it would not save some of the info. I would select generic constraint, angular limits and then set the motor and values. After clicking ok and rechecking there was no angular motor. The result in game was a boob that slowly kept going whichever way it decided to bounce.

The program is great and fast. It takes me longer going in and out of skyrim than it does to make a few changes in values. My laptop doesn't like me running it in a window or alt-tabbing. Once I get out, Skyrim stops responding.

Completely missed the update that solved that problem. 

This makes it so much easier to edit the xml. I didn't notice the constraints tab at first then all the data in there. I found it quite by accident after removing prebreast info and trying to add it back in. THere was a problem with it though. In the constraints tab, it would not save some of the info. I would select generic constraint, angular limits and then set the motor and values. After clicking ok and rechecking there was no angular motor. The result in game was a boob that slowly kept going whichever way it decided to bounce.

The program is great and fast. It takes me longer going in and out of skyrim than it does to make a few changes in values. My laptop doesn't like me running it in a window or alt-tabbing. Once I get out, Skyrim stops responding.

Completely missed the update that solved that problem. 

Fullscreen skyrim blows. It never consistently makes the transition.

Set it as windowed, with your desktop res, and use either

Then alt tab is a fucking BREEEZE. 

At that point, to change/check bounce kit settings, all you have to do is reload the cell. I personally recommend http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/865-work-studios-v2-shadow-striping-fixed/, coc studioblack cuz it's small and loads FAST.

Thank you for the tip. I'll check those two mods out and see which works for me. Ever since I downloaded this, I haven't actually played the game much; been too busy changing the looks and physics. Been having fun though. :)

I noticed a strange behavior when trying to set friction values for the angular and linear limits in the constraints menu. If I change the angular limit friction to (example) 2 then click ok, when I reopen that constraint, the value is reset to 0 but the linear friction value is 2. If I click ok, then reopen it, the linear value is 0 and the angular value is 2. It seems like the linear and angular values keep getting swapped.

• 1 month later...

Hello Monsto :D I appreciate the work you and all the other modders have done here on LL your all awsome ! I would be beating my head into the keyboard without you , just throwing that respect. Now to my problem with JFF i'm getting a not a win32 app error,done a correct install as well ,i think . my sys is a xp os 32 bit ,will it work on this if so could you explain a proper install for me please .

Where is the version 4, I found it only the version 3 of JFF ?

JFF work with Windows 7 home 64-bit edition ?

I do have Windows 7 64bit on my MSI laptop and it works just fine on that one. Windows 8 on the other hand not so friendly, I'm still getting the "MSVCP110.dll is missing" error.

I looked it up, installed some microsoft redist. files that have dll but no good :(

I do have Windows 7 64bit on my MSI laptop and it works just fine on that one. Windows 8 on the other hand not so friendly, I'm still getting the "MSVCP110.dll is missing" error.

I looked it up, installed some microsoft redist. files that have dll but no good :(

works fin on my window 8 laptop. (MSI GX60) you issue could be 1 of 3 things:

1. Permission error.

2. Corrupted download.

3. Antivirus issues.

.dll issues normally point at antivirus.

works fin on my window 8 laptop. (MSI GX60) you issue could be 1 of 3 things:

1. Permission error.

2. Corrupted download.

3. Antivirus issues.

.dll issues normally point at antivirus.

It's non of the above, it never gave me a permission error, I copied the downloaded file to my Win 7 laptop and works like a charm. As for the Antivirus, I don't have any on my win 8 machine, and everything else works fine on it.

I'll try to play around and see what I can come up with. It's a pain having to create the files on one machine, send to the other, test and repeat, lol.

It's non of the above, it never gave me a permission error, I copied the downloaded file to my Win 7 laptop and works like a charm. As for the Antivirus, I don't have any on my win 8 machine, and everything else works fine on it.

I'll try to play around and see what I can come up with. It's a pain having to create the files on one machine, send to the other, test and repeat, lol.

transferring the file to another machine overwrites permission's.

So i can say its not windows 8 as its fine here, and its not the base files as they work fine for me.

you say you have no antivirus... so it has to be permissions.

EDIT: oh wait i forgot, could still be a corrupted download.