i tested patch 4e and i can assure that everything works fine. i say this rarely.

howerver, i decided to take PO out of my modlist ( i finally stay with matchmaker and random attack only) because pillory is too long and boring. the whole imprisonship is too long to use it more often in a game, and for one or two uses it eats too many resources. it slows down more important parts of the game as any scripted mod does. i see that there will never be a mod with a simple match maker like punishment or bdsm Prostitution.  i can play skyrim without it.

i have no understanding for xaz working on another AP Version, for which, again, no mod exists. 80% of the actual AP content is never used in a playable mod. so for whom is this work made ?

I pretty much had this same thought, the idea of Prison Overhaul, but streamlined to just one scene per imprisonment, and skipping the long walking sections and such.

As i like the basic idea, PO is not in my load order any longer, for the same reasons as above.........its to buggy and (sorry).... boring

same thought

Having another issue, this time with the cage in Balgruuf's throne room, namely with people poofing into the cage, and not being able to leave, its getting kinda crowded at the moment

That's just a navmesh issue, it's simply part of Skyrim's pathing system and I don't think anything can be done about it.

As i like the basic idea, PO is not in my load order any longer, for the same reasons as above.........its to buggy and (sorry).... boring

same thought

Well, it remains in my load order. My character runs away from bounties, so they usually end up quite high, unless she manages to get out of the hold, until bounty goes down (modded.)

There isn't a boring moment in PO, if they catch her before the border. ;)

Of course, she may - and often does - stumble in to some other type of trouble. Getting bounty above 3000, after a daring prison escape that ended getting chained by some random bandit still inside the hold borders can make things pretty interesting. Wolves, bandits and sabre cats in that direction, long sentence and plenty of abuse in another direction. :P

I was arrested in Riften and everything was working fine for PO.  (i'm not running the patch).  However there were occasions where I would be put in the pillory and the NPC chosen to punish me would have a difficult time reaching me.  This was due to having too many NPCs crowd around to cheer for the event.  Having mods that add NPCs to the game also probably affected the crowding issue.  I would suggest to have the crowd gather after the punishment animation starts ... to avoid having the punisher have to fight through the crowd.  It might be a bit more immersive too, to have the crowd gather to watch the punishment instead of somehow telepathically knowing a punishment is coming.

Patch No. 5 

• Added .::.  Devious Devices support (DDa, DDi, DDx) with no dependencies.
    • So no need for DDa, DDi, DDx if you don't have any of  these installed; they will not activate in the patch.
    • You might also loose all your keys, by that I mean your captor will steal them from you.
  • Added .::. Delayed and increased the distance to the gathering crowd as suggested by @sapho888
  • Patched .::. Weak PC  dying from whipping.
  • Added .::. If the guard should die on the way to the prison, you'll get set free just as with the bounty hunter.
  • Patched .::. Guard not arresting you properly.

Install
Uninstall previous patch version, then install this here version overwriting everything.

Patch No. 5 includes everything in all the previous patches.

Old Patches

Patch No. 4e

Patch No. 4e

• Added .::. Pause leash forced follow while in combat. You still can't get away, because when the combat is over you get teleported back to your captor. But with this, you won't be frozen in place while a bear is chewing on your ass, you can run away, or hide behind your captor ... something other than just being frozen in place.
  • Added .::. If your captor dies while you follow, you will get set free instead of not being able to leave his/her dead body and just sit there looking silly.
  • Added .::. Re-calculation of your whip health % after the jailer strips you of your armor, as suggested by @PubliusNV.
  • Added .::. More random dialog.

Install
Uninstall previous version, then install this version overwriting everything.

Patch No. 4e includes everything in all the previous patches.

• Get it here.

xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 04e

• Or for a direct download here.

@CGi has provided a German translation for all the bilingual prisoners out there.

• Get it here.

xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 04e Translation

Patch No. 4d

Patch No. 4d is up for grabs.
All inclusive again, no need for any of the previous patches.

• Patched .::. Fixed some scripts from 4c.

Old Patches

Patch No. 4c

Patch No. 4c includes everything in all the previous patches with the following additions.

• Added .::. Closing the cell door during punishments.
  • Added .::. Expanded follower pillory punishments.
  • Added .::. Expanded follower dialog; which should be explored and discovered in game. But if can't wait or can't figure it out in game, peek at the spoiler bellow.

Are you sure you want to find out this way?

Are you really sure?

Ok, ok you've talked me into it!

• The first branch of the dialog is activated after each cell whipping.
  • The second branch after your follower has his/her way with you in the pillory. When you get back to the cell, there will be an intro dialog branch, then after each punishment in the cell.

• Patched .::. Gold amount not displaying correctly with the bounty hunter.

Install
Uninstall previous version, then install this here version overwriting everything.  

Patch No. 4b

Updated to patch No. 4b -- all inclusive again.

• Patched .::. No punishments given, used different logic this time.
  • Some minor stuff.

Patch No. 4

Patch No. 4 includes everything in all the previous patches with the following additions.

• Added .::. Navmeshed out the space around the pillories, so jailer won't keep trying to go right through them.
  • Added .::. More dialog with bounty hunters.
  • Patched .::. Gold calculation when escaped, and increased the penalty to 1000.
  • Patched .::. No punishments given. It works in my tests most of the time. I'm sure more testing, bug hunting is required.
  • I'm sure I changed more stuff, just can't remember atm.

Install
Uninstall previous version, then install this here version overwriting everything.

Future Developments

• Add support for DD devices, maybe ... IDK a lot of DD devices going around Skyrim now, just ask Kimy.
  • More bug killing.

Patch No. 3b

Ok new patch.

Install

Using a mod manager uninstall old one, and install this one overwriting everything.

Includes everything in previous patches and,

• Patched .:. "Player has escaped" spamming.
  • Fixed .:. No punishment happening while in the pillory, this is more of a patch of the previous patch, more patching might be required. CK decided not to compile one of my scripts.
  • Added .:. More dialog.

Next Patch

• Navmesh out the space around the pillories so the jailer won't keep trying to walk right through them.
  • IDK more bug killing.

Patch No. 3

Until V.034 comes out, here is another patch.
Changes.

• Navmeshed out the two punishment cages so the whole town won't congregate there inside with you, during your "surprise".
  • Fixed the bounty hunter not attacking when he/she finds you. Also used vanilla BH voicing when the BH is male, well um .. Nord male.
  • Fixed the whipping (again), this time by adding a timer for the duration of the whipping, configurable in MCM
  • Probably more I don't remember atm.

Install

Uninstall previous patch -- if using it -- and install this one using a mod manager of your choosing.

Known Bug

• The BH has a grey head, not sure how to fix that, maybe xaz can help me? :blush:
    • I tried the ctrl F4 with no success. :@

xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 05.7z

Patch No. 5 

• Added .::.  Devious Devices support (DDa, DDi, DDx) with no dependencies.
    • So no need for DDa, DDi, DDx if you don't have any of  these installed; they will not activate in the patch.
    • You might also loose all your keys, by that I mean your captor will steal them from you.
  • Added .::. Increased distance to the gathering crowd as suggested by @sapho888
  • Patched .:: Weak PC  dying from whipping.
  • Added .::. If the guard should die on the way to the prison, you'll get set free just as with the bounty hunter.

Install
Uninstall previous patch version, then install this here version overwriting everything.

Old Patches

Patch No. 4e

Patch No. 4e

• Added .::. Pause leash forced follow while in combat. You still can't get away, because when the combat is over you get teleported back to your captor. But with this, you won't be frozen in place while a bear is chewing on your ass, you can run away, or hide behind your captor ... something other than just being frozen in place.
  • Added .::. If your captor dies while you follow, you will get set free instead of not being able to leave his/her dead body and just sit there looking silly.
  • Added .::. Re-calculation of your whip health % after the jailer strips you of your armor, as suggested by @PubliusNV.
  • Added .::. More random dialog.

Install
Uninstall previous version, then install this version overwriting everything.

Patch No. 4e includes everything in all the previous patches.

• Get it here.

• Or for a direct download here.

@CGi has provided a German translation for all the bilingual prisoners out there.

• Get it here.

xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 04e Translation

Patch No. 4d

Patch No. 4d is up for grabs.
All inclusive again, no need for any of the previous patches.

• Patched .::. Fixed some scripts from 4c.

Old Patches

Patch No. 4c

Patch No. 4c includes everything in all the previous patches with the following additions.

• Added .::. Closing the cell door during punishments.
  • Added .::. Expanded follower pillory punishments.
  • Added .::. Expanded follower dialog; which should be explored and discovered in game. But if can't wait or can't figure it out in game, peek at the spoiler bellow.

Are you sure you want to find out this way?

Are you really sure?

Ok, ok you've talked me into it!

• The first branch of the dialog is activated after each cell whipping.
  • The second branch after your follower has his/her way with you in the pillory. When you get back to the cell, there will be an intro dialog branch, then after each punishment in the cell.

• Patched .::. Gold amount not displaying correctly with the bounty hunter.

Install

Patch No. 4b

Updated to patch No. 4b -- all inclusive again.

• Patched .::. No punishments given, used different logic this time.
  • Some minor stuff.

Patch No. 4

Patch No. 4 includes everything in all the previous patches with the following additions.

• Added .::. Navmeshed out the space around the pillories, so jailer won't keep trying to go right through them.
  • Added .::. More dialog with bounty hunters.
  • Patched .::. Gold calculation when escaped, and increased the penalty to 1000.
  • Patched .::. No punishments given. It works in my tests most of the time. I'm sure more testing, bug hunting is required.
  • I'm sure I changed more stuff, just can't remember atm.

Install

Future Developments

• Add support for DD devices, maybe ... IDK a lot of DD devices going around Skyrim now, just ask Kimy.
  • More bug killing.

Patch No. 3b

Ok new patch.

Install

Using a mod manager uninstall old one, and install this one overwriting everything.

Includes everything in previous patches and,

• Patched .:. "Player has escaped" spamming.
  • Fixed .:. No punishment happening while in the pillory, this is more of a patch of the previous patch, more patching might be required. CK decided not to compile one of my scripts.
  • Added .:. More dialog.

Next Patch

• Navmesh out the space around the pillories so the jailer won't keep trying to walk right through them.
  • IDK more bug killing.

Patch No. 3

Until V.034 comes out, here is another patch.
Changes.

• Navmeshed out the two punishment cages so the whole town won't congregate there inside with you, during your "surprise".
  • Fixed the bounty hunter not attacking when he/she finds you. Also used vanilla BH voicing when the BH is male, well um .. Nord male.
  • Fixed the whipping (again), this time by adding a timer for the duration of the whipping, configurable in MCM
  • Probably more I don't remember atm.

Install

Uninstall previous patch -- if using it -- and install this one using a mod manager of your choosing.

Known Bug

• The BH has a grey head, not sure how to fix that, maybe xaz can help me? :blush:
    • I tried the ctrl F4 with no success. :@

You're doing Dibella's work here Inte! Thanks for maintaining the mod for us poor sods :)

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

Hi

thanks for reply

No i havent tried adjusting timescale.... ( and  time is not the problem the problem is when after a long waiting/walking nothing happens the action wont initiate or something else goes wrong) But while i had the mod installed its was with " tonque in cheek". Testing the mod with constant fixes and new versions so at last i gave it up, to much hassle. As i like to see xaz resourses used, its got to work, to being fun.......

If it ever gets stable i will install it again and im following the thread so..... i am following your work and hope for a smooth PO in the other end

In generel i like to see the animation-pack used much more into some real BDSM stuff  but modders all over LL have troubles making them work/allign(furniture)......etc

Sorry if im bad but im just a greedy end user :angel:

Edit: Ok maybe i should try to install it- There are three Files in the download page + your fix . How do i install these.......?

Thanks

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

This is probably really stupid but is adjusting the timescale safe? I think I remember reading somewhere that it causes instability, or is that just a myth?

same thought

Actually @xaz tought of that, have you tried adjusting the timescale in the MCM? Depending on those settings you can make it so there will be continuous action (no sitting around) for the duration of the sentence.

This is probably really stupid but is adjusting the timescale safe? I think I remember reading somewhere that it causes instability, or is that just a myth?

Just don't set it too low. Like to 1 or 0 or something like that.

I've set it as low as 2 and as high as 640,000 and it hasn't caused any instability for me (aside from day/night flickering like a strobe light at too high :) ).

same thought

Just don't set it too low. Like to 1 or 0 or something like that.

I've set it as low as 2 and as high as 640,000 and it hasn't caused any instability for me (aside from day/night flickering like a strobe light at too high :) ).

Ok, thanks. I'll definitely enable it later then :)

same thought

As long as you don't have other mods relying on the timescale and you don't set to extremes its fine to play with. 

Out of interest how simple would it be for me to move pillories etc around in the cities to aid compatibility with any installed city mods? is it just a case of move the object + some references or do i need to edit the quests and everything?

Edit: Also thought just occurred to me what would happen if a dragon(s) attacked while you were in the pillory etc?

ooh I contributed to a patch!  ty for your efforts Inte.  :shy:

Yeap you sure did! :P

Still testing it out, seems to work better ... although they might be too far now, I'll probably bring the crowd a little closer in 5a.

Yo!

I installed this mod quite a long time ago, and even though it was relatively buggy back then, it's become worse now that I've added more mods, as well as those same mods getting more and more features. The biggest problem for me is definitely with the pillory... holy damn the pillory bugs out together with some of the Devious Devices mods and other general rape mods. I'm not sure which of all mods on this site added the function that NPCs will approach you and randomly rape you if you're naked and/or unarmed, but because of it the pillory bugs the fuck out, really really hard. The game says that someone is watching me thanks to my nakedness, and when he/she/often they run to rape me, I get cut lose from pillory and my chains, get gangraped, and them I can just wander around. I don't get put back into the pillory, the jailer is "busy", time starts flowing naturally again and waiting does not bring me back to my cell or anything of the sort. I don't know if this has to be fixed by the mod that added the nekkid function, or by Prison Overhaul, but either way it doesn't work with both, and I believe that function was added by Deviously Cursed Loot, which I absolutely refuse to take out of my load order.

If a fix to make them co-exist isn't possible from this mod, would it at least be possible to add an option to turn off the pillory punishment, leaving you to only be used by guards in the actual dungeon?

same thought

As long as you don't have other mods relying on the timescale and you don't set to extremes its fine to play with. 

Out of interest how simple would it be for me to move pillories etc around in the cities to aid compatibility with any installed city mods? is it just a case of move the object + some references or do i need to edit the quests and everything?

Edit: Also thought just occurred to me what would happen if a dragon(s) attacked while you were in the pillory etc?

@xaz is dynamically moving markers by using aliases at the start of the quests but in the end they all point to the existing pillories. So it should be as easy as just moving the pillories in CK.

Dragon attack while in the pillory ... ha, well then you would be screwed figuratively as well as literally. :P  But the only pillory city the dragons will attack is Falkreath.

~ Previously On ~

same thought

Hi

thanks for reply

No i havent tried adjusting timescale.... ( and  time is not the problem the problem is when after a long waiting/walking nothing happens the action wont initiate or something else goes wrong) But while i had the mod installed its was with " tonque in cheek". Testing the mod with constant fixes and new versions so at last i gave it up, to much hassle. As i like to see xaz resourses used, its got to work, to being fun.......

If it ever gets stable i will install it again and im following the thread so..... i am following your work and hope for a smooth PO in the other end

In generel i like to see the animation-pack used much more into some real BDSM stuff  but modders all over LL have troubles making them work/allign(furniture)......etc

Edit: Ok maybe i should try to install it- There are three Files in the download page + your fix . How do i install these.......?

Thanks

A full set of bondage gear will cure that.  ;)

~ Previously on: ~

same thought

@xaz is dynamically moving markers by using aliases at the start of the quests but in the end they all point to the existing pillories. So it should be as easy as just moving the pillories in CK.

Dragon attack while in the pillory ... ha, well then you would be screwed figuratively as well as literally. :P  But the only pillory city the dragons will attack is Falkreath.

Dragon combat overhaul could spawn up to 3 on me in the other cities so this could be interesting wonder if i can disable city attacks easily in those mods thanks for the reply good to know i can change the pillory placement easily :)

~ Previously on: ~

same thought

Dragon combat overhaul could spawn up to 3 on me in the other cities so this could be interesting wonder if i can disable city attacks easily in those mods thanks for the reply good to know i can change the pillory placement easily :)

I think the reason for the dragons not attacking major cities is they will kill useful NPC's breaking a lot of side quests.

Don't have DCO maybe I should try it. Does it retexture the dragons or just makes them stronger?

Anyway, yes you'll have to check with that mod for disabling city attacks.  

it changes the dragon AI makes them alot more unpredictable and harder i combine it with deadly dragons where i can set vendors and key quest npc's as essential (misc quest people like captain aldis in solitude can still die i think but that's really minor) that and run for your lives saves nearly all npc's cept the guards but who cares about them :P

Edit: it doesn't change dragon textures though

Poiter to Patch No. 5

• Added .::. Devious Devices support (DDa, DDi, DDx) with no dependencies.
    • So no need for DDa, DDi, DDx if you don't have any of these installed; they will not activate in the patch.
  • Added .::. Delayed and increased the distance to the gathering crowd as suggested by @sapho888
  • Patched .::. Weak PC dying from whipping.
Install

Get it here.

Pointer to Patch No. 5a