9 hours ago, PixieMilie said:

Hiii!

I am super new to modding and just found this place a few days ago.

I think I did work extra hard to make sure I was doing stuff correctly.

I am currently stuck on a issue with this mod and i'm a bit lost as where I might have miss something.

There are some items, I think all chain restraints, that the chain is acting really weird. And it's probably because of physics?

There is a screenshot below, but first I want to let you know what I did so far:

• Added a thing called SKSE for SE
  • Added Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer SE
  • Added BodySlide and Outfit Studio
  • Installed and configured XP32 Maximum Skeleton SE with physics
  • Added a mod called HDT-SMP that is supposed to enable physics on objects and character
  • Installed Devious Devices SE
  • Ran body slide using all DDX - CBBE SE - xxx (HDT) variants (and I think i had to click on build morph? not sure what that means ?‍♀️)
  • Ran a tool called FNIS

can anyone help me solve my issue? Thankiessss =^_^=

12 hours ago, lanaya1437 said:

Is there a way to get the chain items working with HDT SMP? Currently, parts of the items are invisible and others are floating. Other threads/topics suggested it is possible but difficult, but didn't go into more detail. I don't mind if it is difficult if I can get it to work.

They are 'working', but they don't look like a seemless chain for most items. See the explanation on the troubleshooting post.

The only chain that can become seemless are the ankle chains (the screenshot from PixieMilie), but to do so it requires you to save, exit the game completely, then load the game again after launching it. Quick save/load does not cut it nor does exit to menu and load. All other chains with multiple connection points will have physics applied, but do not connect together completely or at all. Single point connection chains like the tails, signs, ball and chain, or neck chains should work as expected.

12 hours ago, Mr. Wick said:

I think UUNP version of bbyoke uses the cbbe body in bodyslide

If it does, it came that way from LE. I didn't touch UNP except to run it through CAO. I don't like how it looks in CBBE either, but have yet to find a good way to make it work, so I don't have a point to start from to fix it for UNP. You're welcome to try, but the breast deformation on it is a bitch to work with.

4 hours ago, bumble3 said:

I've got an issue with the devices for him- it seems most of the collars are too tight for my male necks and are clipping inside them. I'm running tempered skins for SOS and SOS SE, but those are the only two that touch my males.

I use tempered skins and sos as well and don't see clipping. Do you have something that makes the male skeletons larger, or are you using bodybuilder type?

You may need to use outfit studio to adjust the meshes. They work fine for the default body though. If you have the standalone version of DD for him, make sure it's uninstalled.

malecollar1.png.182e9b50dfe2303db6b72044a7b6106e.png

malecollar2.png.0ad63b7298bd5065a2533720381ff5c8.png

4 hours ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

I think there's a quirk with SMP where you need to save, exit the game, then reload the save to make them work. Is that something you tried?

Hi, I think I tried it, it didn't really fix the issue though but thats oki ^-^ other stuff works pretty well

Thank you!

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

They are 'working', but they don't look like a seemless chain for most items. See the explanation on the troubleshooting post.

The only chain that can become seemless are the ankle chains (the screenshot from PixieMilie), but to do so it requires you to save, exit the game completely, then load the game again after launching it. Quick save/load does not cut it nor does exit to menu and load. All other chains with multiple connection points will have physics applied, but do not connect together completely or at all. Single point connection chains like the tails, signs, ball and chain, or neck chains should work as expected.

Interesting! thanks for the reply ^-^, i will content myself with that, It's not much of a deal breaker anyway!

Happy new year

6 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

If I may ask, what is the last version of Devious Devices SE (and Deviously Cursed Loot SE) that have full support for CBBE 3BBB/3BA, be it original or by a third party?

As far as I understand, DD 5.0 does not yet have 3BBB support, same with DCL, correct?

Correct. Kimy has stated she only supports the most popular body mods, so I can't add them into the conversions even though that is my preferred body. CBBE still far outstrips 3BBB in downloads last I checked. So support will only be 3rd party.

DD 3bbb is linked below, the author has started updating for DD 5.0 but hasn't finished. You can still use the DD 4.3 bodyslides, it just doesn't cover the new outfits. everything else is fine. DD 5.0 is the only supported version by kimy, older versions are not supported.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11938-3ba-bodyslides-for-devious-devices-43-aio/

DCL 3bbb is here. There's no new outfits between 8.4/8.5/9.0, so version doesn't matter.

https://mega.nz/file/8GYmGSYL#NenQzfc8Ni7ReXYJabsueUqpOyiHa63P-CEXreDG-H0

DCL 9.0 is in beta right now, there will be no SE conversion until it's out of beta. You can self convert it with CAO and use the scripts from the troubleshooting post if you wish to test it out.

DCL 8.5 for SE is here: https://mega.nz/file/UDQGES6a#y2BP-bab5umqrrVTUGKCUTR6SIz6xvCVFjPYepXEYbo

Or use 8.4 from the download page. The only difference is 8.5 supports using the DD ropes.

Probably a dumb question, but figured it would not hurt be safe: I read on the DD Framework (link below) thread that the 'Use bound animation' toggle is currently bugged, it is the same on the SE version, right?

I played with settings for a while and can't make it work, but I don't know if I missed an option somewhere else.

is there anyway to get rid of sexlab? The problem for sexlab is that it causes some random CTD for my PC and I normally don't use the ML animation. Is there any way that I can use DD without using these sexlab animation? Most mods work fine for my PC, just sexlab cases some random CTD, so I don't wanna it to be used.

4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

SE is mirror copy of LE only meshes and some scripts are modified for SE, that means yes.

I feared that was the case, thank you! Will wait for a fix in the next DD version.

12 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Probably a dumb question, but figured it would not hurt be safe: I read on the DD Framework (link below) thread that the 'Use bound animation' toggle is currently bugged, it is the same on the SE version, right?

I played with settings for a while and can't make it work, but I don't know if I missed an option somewhere else.

yes, it will be the same on the SE version. if I read kimy's patreon post right, it will be fixed in DD 5.1 out later this month. Once it's available, I'll do the conversion and get it back to kimy.

im having problems when i install the mod, when i load up a save my character starts like they are in an invisible Yoke even though nothing is equipped and when i try and walk its acting like i have an invisible arm binder again with nothing equipped and nothing i have done has fixed this, i was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them or know of how to fix this?

so spitballing because i know nothing about modding and the last time i tried to export to .nif it shit itself but what resources would someone need to provide in order to get a device into DD? is this even the sort of thing thats helpful for @Kimy and @zaranthaor is it likely to be more a pain in the ass?

because if i could get away with just generating a UV'd obj and a texture per item thats the sorta thing i can figure out, wasn't going to mess with anything too complex just bits that sit on top of the body rather than replace it like:

• heart shape choker
  • collar with words on (slut, slave, etc)
  • nipple clamps with bells
  • clothes pins 
  • nipple pasties
  • strapon gag

basically just re-skins of existing devious devices, or is there a good place to throw this sorta project in the community where i can slap $20 and have a competent person do the leg work and then just give the resources to this mod so the rest of the community can play with them? 

also side note - now that contraptions work (kinda) are there any plans to populate quest locations like party basement, leons cell, dollmakers shop etc? would be nice if stuff like the billboard quest had options for catsuit or "go sit on the horse out front wearing this". anyway love the mod and stay awesome :)

22 minutes ago, green365 said:

so spitballing because i know nothing about modding and the last time i tried to export to .nif it shit itself but what resources would someone need to provide in order to get a device into DD? is this even the sort of thing thats helpful for @Kimy and @zaranthaor is it likely to be more a pain in the ass?

because if i could get away with just generating a UV'd obj and a texture per item thats the sorta thing i can figure out, wasn't going to mess with anything too complex just bits that sit on top of the body rather than replace it like:

• heart shape choker
  • collar with words on (slut, slave, etc)
  • nipple clamps with bells
  • clothes pins 
  • nipple pasties
  • strapon gag

basically just re-skins of existing devious devices, or is there a good place to throw this sorta project in the community where i can slap $20 and have a competent person do the leg work and then just give the resources to this mod so the rest of the community can play with them? 

also side note - now that contraptions work (kinda) are there any plans to populate quest locations like party basement, leons cell, dollmakers shop etc? would be nice if stuff like the billboard quest had options for catsuit or "go sit on the horse out front wearing this". anyway love the mod and stay awesome :)

More of a kimy question i think. i'm not adding new items, at most i'm fixing stuff for SE only issues and doing the conversion. development is still LE.

Outfit studio can import from nif or obj, so obj should be fine if you're creating a bodyslide. not sure how you're exporting, but i haven't seen an issue with outfit studio exporting to nif. so maybe try that (import into os, export from os)? skyrim needs a nif, kimy may not.

i expect furniture will be incorporated into more places in the future. as far as i'm aware, it's just the new inn in riverwood for now, in DCL 9.0 beta.

19 hours ago, o0shamus0o said:

im having problems when i install the mod, when i load up a save my character starts like they are in an invisible Yoke even though nothing is equipped and when i try and walk its acting like i have an invisible arm binder again with nothing equipped and nothing i have done has fixed this, i was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them or know of how to fix this?

Check through the troubleshooting post. most likely a conflict another idle animation mod or maybe 'your own thoughts' mod.

9 hours ago, zarantha said:

More of a kimy question i think. i'm not adding new items, at most i'm fixing stuff for SE only issues and doing the conversion. development is still LE.

Outfit studio can import from nif or obj, so obj should be fine if you're creating a bodyslide. not sure how you're exporting, but i haven't seen an issue with outfit studio exporting to nif. so maybe try that (import into os, export from os)? skyrim needs a nif, kimy may not.

i expect furniture will be incorporated into more places in the future. as far as i'm aware, it's just the new inn in riverwood for now, in DCL 9.0 beta.

exporting nif into obj is fine, edit mesh in blender and then export a clean obj (windows can preview it and all looks fine) back into os as a nif and all the vertices around the collar have re-connected themselves to other random vertices creating this fun pointy frisbee shape where the collar was... so yeah not sure what i managed to fuck up there but if working with obj is an option that'd be grand.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:30 AM, zarantha said:

Edit 8: Added SLIF patches and updated conflicts

Why does DD5 need a different zadLib if one has SLIF installed?
Afaik SLIF doesn't use and/or include zadLib. Is this maybe a patch for devious training?

btw: this:

./SexLab Inflation Framework SE 1.2.2 beta Installer$ grep -rn . -ie zadlib

returned no matches.

and neither did grepping DD5 for slif or morph

So I've been playing around with dropping furniture pieces in my player home just to see how it works. It works great for myself, but I noticed that there seems to be no way to get the follower to get in properly - so far when I asked them to "use [the device furniture]" they end up getting in and I only got the prompt once (which I can't replicate) about whether or not to manipulate the device etc.

The annoying thing is that once they get in, the device sort of "disappears" and can't be selected anymore so I can't actually remove the follower from the device anymore. Talking to the follower just brings up the regular follower conversation prompts with no option available to free them from the furniture at all. Now I would be totally fine with that (I was toying with the idea of "decorating" my house with followers in device furniture) but there's another more annoying problem which is that if you leave the room and come back, the follower will either lose the furniture (furniture goes invisible) and be stuck in this floating animation (the one you get when you are falling) OR the follower will start sandboxing, walking around the house and then randomly spawn the furniture at where they last sandboxed (e.g. my follower sits down at a chair and then suddenly is in a pillory on top of the chair). I also tried having a room with no idle markers and the followers end up "walking" around in their furniture (they're still stuck in the cross, but the whole cross moves around with the follower).

Is there a way to affix the furniture permanently or is this something I should just wait to be dealt with down the line?

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

Check through the troubleshooting post. most likely a conflict another idle animation mod or maybe 'your own thoughts' mod.

So good news and bad news
Good news is that i got it to work
Bad news is that something was wrong with the save so started a brand new save with all the same mods and it works correctly however i lost out on 10+ hours of a save oh well 
thank you for trying to help

8 hours ago, yeahhowaboutnooo said:

Why does DD5 need a different zadLib if one has SLIF installed?
Afaik SLIF doesn't use and/or include zadLib. Is this maybe a patch for devious training?

btw: this:

./SexLab Inflation Framework SE 1.2.2 beta Installer$ grep -rn . -ie zadlib

returned no matches.

and neither did grepping DD5 for slif or morph

If you look at the slif patch installer instead of slif, you'll see the dd patch is for zadlibs. It adds code to redirect/check inflation in slif.

This is what the old patch does, so I just copied it into the new zadlibs. The italicized parts are the original DD code. Ideally, at some point I'd like to get rid of that damn 255 check so I can ESLify SLIF too, but the actual SLIF scripts might need modded for that too, so I haven't tried.

Function SetNodeHidden(Actor akActor, bool isFemale, string nodeName, bool value, string modkey = "DDi")
    if Game.GetModbyName("SexLab Inflation Framework.esp") != 255
        if value
            SLIF_Main.hideNode(akActor, "Devious Devices Integration", nodeName, 0.01, modkey)
        else
            SLIF_Main.showNode(akActor, "Devious Devices Integration", nodeName)
        endif
    else
        if value
            XPMSELib.SetNodeScale(akActor, isFemale, nodeName, 0.01, modkey)
        else
            XPMSELib.SetNodeScale(akActor, isFemale, nodeName, 1.0, modkey)
        endif

endif
EndFunction

SLIF it self does not automatically work with all mods, at the very least the ones below need patched. But as you can see by the version date, most of these will be outdated now, even in LE. For example, Egg Factory, Stories Devious, Hormones, and Parasites now includes the code, so the patch is no longer needed. And the DD patch is for 4.2, so using the patch from slif patches will seriously break DD 4.3 and 5.0. A patch is needed because DD does not send events to SLIF (as you saw when looking through DD's zadlibs).

image.thumb.png.bbe3131b297c065be3c1ca7c0bae0ff6.png

6 hours ago, morikawa said:

So I've been playing around with dropping furniture pieces in my player home just to see how it works. It works great for myself, but I noticed that there seems to be no way to get the follower to get in properly - so far when I asked them to "use [the device furniture]" they end up getting in and I only got the prompt once (which I can't replicate) about whether or not to manipulate the device etc.

The annoying thing is that once they get in, the device sort of "disappears" and can't be selected anymore so I can't actually remove the follower from the device anymore. Talking to the follower just brings up the regular follower conversation prompts with no option available to free them from the furniture at all. Now I would be totally fine with that (I was toying with the idea of "decorating" my house with followers in device furniture) but there's another more annoying problem which is that if you leave the room and come back, the follower will either lose the furniture (furniture goes invisible) and be stuck in this floating animation (the one you get when you are falling) OR the follower will start sandboxing, walking around the house and then randomly spawn the furniture at where they last sandboxed (e.g. my follower sits down at a chair and then suddenly is in a pillory on top of the chair). I also tried having a room with no idle markers and the followers end up "walking" around in their furniture (they're still stuck in the cross, but the whole cross moves around with the follower).

Is there a way to affix the furniture permanently or is this something I should just wait to be dealt with down the line?

For now just wait, or report the sandbox issue on the LE thread or on the DD dev thread. I don't recall if this was mentioned with DCL or not. And since DD 5.1 is in beta now, it's a good time to mention it. shoot me a pm if you want to test 5.1, i'll be starting the conversion today but won't be releasing it until it's not in beta.

Getting the prompt about manipulating the device is only supposed to occur once. It should happen for your pc all the time, i never tried with a npc. But once it's manipulated you can select the unlock option even without a key and it will unlock with a statement that since you manipulated the locks, you can escape.

3 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

I have the SE patch installed, but I'm still seeing a lot of gaps between the body and hands/feet. Looking at the patch, it's only patching ARMA records. The ARMO records need to be patched too.

which devices specifically? male/female/beast? is anything overwriting/loading after the patch?

I haven't seen any issue at all after enabling the patch for females, and armo does not need to be patched in all cases. Although I did just notice some of the male/beast outfits are also missing calves/forearms in arma, so I'll be doing that too in the next version.