16 hours ago, Kage777 said:

Anyway to get like an item Id so i can spawn it and test it?

help "strait"

choose id what you need, and spawn

No it's use the same nif in game. If it use diferent nif then it's no change on body.

I don't know about bodyslide connection to game id - it's not exists.

UPD: you can found item id into xedit, found armor addon, then there is path to nif in game. Then open a outift studio, press save project as, and compare the real game nif path with outfit studio path.

Also you can configure Win10 to search into files with extension osd into folder Sliderset, then press in search outfit path from xedit and windows found osd files where this path is stored. There can be multiple items into 1 osd.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:32 AM, Rin Tepis said:

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but I noticed that the tag database is deprecated in 5.0. The comments suggest using FormList. I am not certain what does it imply. Is it that I and other content mod authors that need random device should each maintain a list of droppable devices? If that is the case, doesn't that mean other content mods which add new devices can't add their devices to the random drop pool in a universal way?

There are new leveled/form lists in DD 5.0. If you are the mod author for a mod that added items to the database, you need to add your items to the leveled lists now. That is for new devices only, anything that is already part of DD will be in the lists already. The data base is still there in 5.0, but it's mostly only for mods that haven't been updated yet to provide some backwards compatibility. DDx doesn't use the database anymore and looks like DDi will stop using it in 5.1.

Some reading on it:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/132/?tab=comments#comment-3166329

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/129/?tab=comments#comment-3158619

On 12/29/2020 at 2:52 PM, Kage777 said:

Ok, so I went through the rest of the outfits and saved them. Then added them to the group in bodyslide like that and batch built them. It probably wont work for my current character but I'll try making them again and see if it works. Thanks. Anyway to get like an item Id so i can spawn it and test it? Is there a list of them in the files? Or could that not work because I'm making completely new nifs and such so it can't reference those?

Or you can use something like add item menu to search and browse the mod items to add them to your inventory. It's a bit easier when you're testing a lot of outfits.

The new nifs are in bodyslide, as long as the bodyslide output path is the same as the nif you imported, it will be replaced properly.

8 hours ago, saltshade said:

Is there any patch for the hdt shackles that works? The one I had is outdated and never worked to begin with.

The nifs and xmls haven't changed with the new versions, so there's no need for a newer patch unless someone else can improve on the start I made. This topic has lots of complaints, but no volunteers to improve what I did, so you're stuck with it. I've done the best I can with them, and physics with no crashing is the best I could do. The connection issue is a SMP issue that was not present in PE. I've explained this in the troubleshooting topic...

On 11/29/2020 at 1:49 AM, kdoggg1971 said:

In 4.3, UUNP was removed and replaced with the basic UNP option, which fits perfectly in my game. With 5.0, it is back to a UUNP setting instead and the the clipping I had from early conversions and the clothes in DCL has returned.  After some digging in the files in my game, I found my answer rather quickly as the files are completely different in size and name so I just rolled back to 4.3.

Just got around to checking this. Some files were redone in LE and new outfits added for 5.0, i believe this is the file difference you're seeing. UNP/UUNP are basically the same at this point, it's very likely to have been just naming the option different in the previous installer rather than an actual difference in bodies. Since the LE version is now an AIO, I used that installer as the base instead of updating the old SE installer, which is why it now says UUNP.

I've just done a quick check of several outfits with a UNP body and I see no clipping. I checked with two different presets and with BHUNP and the UNP renewal you mentioned using a UNP HDT body. I see all presets for UNP renewal are UUNP. It may be the clipping you're seeing is related to a custom preset, in which case it's something you'll need to fix yourself with outfit studio.

Do you happen to remember what preset and which outfits you had an issue with? I know it was a while ago, but maybe that will help isolate the issue. I think  the only issue might be the prisoner chains no hdt version. That's one of the bodyslides that I added, but I didn't test it with a unp body since it's been part of ddhotfix for a while with no complaints.

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Or you can use something like add item menu to search and browse the mod items to add them to your inventory. It's a bit easier when you're testing a lot of outfits.

The new nifs are in bodyslide, as long as the bodyslide output path is the same as the nif you imported, it will be replaced properly.

Yeah, I had that installed for something. Now to figure out how to get the custom voices enabled and I'm almost there. Thanks for all the help wit h this.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

There are new leveled/form lists in DD 5.0. If you are the mod author for a mod that added items to the database, you need to add your items to the leveled lists now. That is for new devices only, anything that is already part of DD will be in the lists already. The data base is still there in 5.0, but it's mostly only for mods that haven't been updated yet to provide some backwards compatibility. DDx doesn't use the database anymore and looks like DDi will stop using it in 5.1.

Some reading on it:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/132/?tab=comments#comment-3166329

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/129/?tab=comments#comment-3158619

@zarantha Thanks so much for your explanation. If didn't tell me this, I will be painstakingly creating my own FormLists now.

Anyways, I have never heard about LevelLists before. I just read some threads about them. It seems that if I add my items in CK, it will conflict with other mods that add to the same list. The most compatible way seems to add items via script (https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=AddForm_-_LeveledItem). Is it true?

Also, is there a general guideline on what should be added to the list vs. what should not? I figured it probably isn't a good idea to add my quest items to the list. However, what about those extremely punishing items? For example, I have some plugs that constantly drain a significant amount of magicka and stamina. Should I add them to the list? Or should leave the option to the user in MCM? What is the norm?

5 minutes ago, Rin Tepis said:

@zarantha Thanks so much for your explanation. If didn't tell me this, I will be painstakingly creating my own FormLists now.

Anyways, I have never heard about LevelLists before. I just read some threads about them. It seems that if I add my items in CK, it will conflict with other mods that add to the same list. The most compatible way seems to add items via script (https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=AddForm_-_LeveledItem). Is it true?

Also, is there a general guideline on what should be added to the list vs. what should not? I figured it probably isn't a good idea to add my quest items to the list. However, what about those extremely punishing items? For example, I have some plugs that constantly drain a significant amount of magicka and stamina. Should I add them to the list? Or should leave the option to the user in MCM? What is the norm?

That's a bit deeper in the weeds than I go. I just remember the discussion from the DD beta.

You might try asking in the DD development thread or in the DD 5.0 LE thread.

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

The nifs and xmls haven't changed with the new versions, so there's no need for a newer patch unless someone else can improve on the start I made. This topic has lots of complaints, but no volunteers to improve what I did, so you're stuck with it. I've done the best I can with them, and physics with no crashing is the best I could do. The connection issue is a SMP issue that was not present in PE. I've explained this in the troubleshooting topic...

In that topic you say that old script patches can break the game if used with DD 5.0. Do you mean break it permanently as in corrupted save file, or is it enough to remove the old patches? I realized after I had played awhile that I had an old patch, so if it breaks the save I would need to go back to an older save. Or maybe I can do a clean save without DD and all mods that depends on it?

Edit: I tried the updated HDT-SMP patch and the ankle chains are attached and have very subtle physics, but the gravity on the chain is too weak. It looks like they are floating.

9 hours ago, saltshade said:

Edit: I tried the updated HDT-SMP patch and the ankle chains are attached and have very subtle physics, but the gravity on the chain is too weak. It looks like they are floating.

Is this a problem for just the chains? If so, modifying gravity may make everything else too heavy. It may take a more experienced developer to make it gravitate more. Otherwise, I'd try to edit the text file to increase weight.

28 minutes ago, NobodyImportant33333 said:

Is this a problem for just the chains? If so, modifying gravity may make everything else too heavy. It may take a more experienced developer to make it gravitate more. Otherwise, I'd try to edit the text file to increase weight.

Yes, only the chains. They are the only part affected by physics(physics is different from bone weights) so increasing gravity shouldn't be a problem, and it doesn't seem as complicated as I first thought. You just increase a number in the xml file. But I think the chains will look like they are elastic if you increase it too much, and that's probably why they were careful with it. I will test it tomorrow.

11 hours ago, saltshade said:

In that topic you say that old script patches can break the game if used with DD 5.0. Do you mean break it permanently as in corrupted save file, or is it enough to remove the old patches? I realized after I had played awhile that I had an old patch, so if it breaks the save I would need to go back to an older save. Or maybe I can do a clean save without DD and all mods that depends on it?

script patches are different from the HDT SMP (nif and xml patches). scripts should not be used between versions, but the meshes, xmls and textures can be used. So if you have the old patch with it all combined, then you would delete the scripts from the patch.  But there's no need to use the old HDT SMP patches because DD 5.0 already has the HDT SMP files copied in. They're the same files at this point.

Yes, I never did play around with the gravity settings. The gravity can be adjusted manually in the XML if it bothers you. I do plan to see about tweaking the XMLs again, but I won't be doing it any time within the next few months. I need to get some real play time in so I can actually see the differences between DD 5.0 and DCL 9.0 rather than just regurgitate what I see in the LE threads.

3 minutes ago, Ronivan said:

There is no other way to download this without using Mega? It has limit on download and this mod weights far bigger than it.

No, there's not another link. The download is smaller than the limit, if you're hitting the limit you'll need to try again after your daily cap resets. The download is just over 2g which does make it problematic if you've downloaded other large files within the last 24 hours. You might also be able to bypass the limit using a vpn.

8 hours ago, Ronivan said:

There is no other way to download this without using Mega? It has limit on download and this mod weights far bigger than it.

The mod's size doesn't exceed any download limit, at least not for me. If there is a limit on number of downloads, you can just wait until the next day, and the fact that he could upload it in one file suggests you should be able to download it.

Is there a way to get the chain items working with HDT SMP? Currently, parts of the items are invisible and others are floating. Other threads/topics suggested it is possible but difficult, but didn't go into more detail. I don't mind if it is difficult if I can get it to work.

Hiii!

I am super new to modding and just found this place a few days ago.

I think I did work extra hard to make sure I was doing stuff correctly.

I am currently stuck on a issue with this mod and i'm a bit lost as where I might have miss something.

There are some items, I think all chain restraints, that the chain is acting really weird. And it's probably because of physics?

There is a screenshot below, but first I want to let you know what I did so far:

• Added a thing called SKSE for SE
  • Added Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer SE
  • Added BodySlide and Outfit Studio
  • Installed and configured XP32 Maximum Skeleton SE with physics
  • Added a mod called HDT-SMP that is supposed to enable physics on objects and character
  • Installed Devious Devices SE
  • Ran body slide using all DDX - CBBE SE - xxx (HDT) variants (and I think i had to click on build morph? not sure what that means ?‍♀️)
  • Ran a tool called FNIS

can anyone help me solve my issue? Thankiessss =^_^=

Screenshot attached

-

InkedScreenShot0_LI.jpg

7 hours ago, PixieMilie said:

Hiii!

I am super new to modding and just found this place a few days ago.

I think I did work extra hard to make sure I was doing stuff correctly.

I am currently stuck on a issue with this mod and i'm a bit lost as where I might have miss something.

There are some items, I think all chain restraints, that the chain is acting really weird. And it's probably because of physics?

There is a screenshot below, but first I want to let you know what I did so far:

• Added a thing called SKSE for SE
  • Added Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer SE
  • Added BodySlide and Outfit Studio
  • Installed and configured XP32 Maximum Skeleton SE with physics
  • Added a mod called HDT-SMP that is supposed to enable physics on objects and character
  • Installed Devious Devices SE
  • Ran body slide using all DDX - CBBE SE - xxx (HDT) variants (and I think i had to click on build morph? not sure what that means ?‍♀️)
  • Ran a tool called FNIS

can anyone help me solve my issue? Thankiessss =^_^=

I think there's a quirk with SMP where you need to save, exit the game, then reload the save to make them work. Is that something you tried?