Kimy

Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Devious Devices 5 Beta 5

- Added: The MCM configuration can now be saved, to avoid having to set the values for every new game!
- Changed: The animation filter will now hide any wrist bindings when an animation involves creatures, to allow the filter to select valid animations.
- Fixed: Yet another fix for the NPC outfit swapping feature. It will now work only on unique actors to prevent changing an outfit of all instances of that actor.

There is no unique check for the outfit reset in OnContainerChanged, though I have to admit that I did not test the actual behavior in-game... still, is this on purpose?

[Edit]

Also, reading the code it looks like you set the outfit to  the empty outfit whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is added, and you restore it whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is removed. I think, the correct logic for restoring it would be whenever a (suit or heavy bondage) item is removed AND no other (suit or heavy bondage) item is worn.

Sorry for being such a pain about that feature... to make up for that, if you want to I volunteer to give a fixed version of that script a private test run in-game if you send it to me, such that you can get feedback without having to zip up another "official" beta.

I suppose this might go down as the feature with the most fixes per line of code in DD. Ok. Errrm... Yeah...I...will...fix it! Again! There is always hope! Yep! *nods head*

25 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I suppose this might go down as the feature with the most fixes per line of code in DD. Ok. Errrm... Yeah...I...will...fix it! Again! There is always hope! Yep! *nods head*

How do I say that without being patronising?

I am am experienced software developer (as I guess you are, too), and while I am generally considered to be a good developer who is able to write well working code, sometimes rarely it happens to me that a feature is for a lack of better words "cursed" with bugs and ugly edge cases, and when I fix one issue more pop up, and I feel like I am stuck playing whack-a-mole and I feel stupid for not finding a better solution and generally I just wish that the whole thing would go away.

Anyway, what I want to say: It looks like you really are almost there with the outfit changes despite all the edge cases and unexpected behaviour of the engine. So please keep your head held high and keep up your good work. I have started a new Skyrim character with DD5 last weekend and I have not hit any major issues up to now 🙂. When I keep bothering you with these small issues I am just doing so because of my 'no bug unfixed' mentality.

@Kimy @Kharos

As a non tech person, I find it fascinating watching the process of two ppl working together to narrow down, and sort out, an issue like that dealt with above, whilst giving each other such due respect.

It's an example of what is all too often lacking in problem solving in the 'real outside world', if I can put it that way

So thanks again for all your efforts.  I'm sure we all appreciate them

@Kimy

I was wondering about a slightly different issue, which I raise here as DDC will now, I understand, be fully intergrated into DD5. 

On the DDC thread, there was some chatter about followers placed in devices following their leader with varying poles, crosses etc strapped on.  I can confirm that this happens occasionally, certainly when using iAFT as my follower management mod.  But I don't play consistently enough to be sure if it's a one off, or endemic, problem

Was that just a development bug that has been strained out by now, or might it still need attention?  I'm not in a position to start a new game right now, so if it might be an issue, is it something you may need to bring to the attention of the valiant band of testers?

Heyho,

is there a rough estimated release date, in best case something a bit more precise than "when it's ready"? ;) 

I ask, because I work on a small mod (my first try) based on DD, so should I stick to DD4 for development or is it worth already to switch to DD5 when it probably still takes some time for my mod to work as I want to?

15 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:
On 10/8/2020 at 9:46 AM, zarantha said:

- Removed: DD Expansion items no longer register to the device database. This is the first step in deprecating and removing this feature. DDA/DDI devices will still get registered for the time being, to allow mods that pull items from the database to continue functioning.

things slowed down a bit so starting to really have more to read up on things. but this here concerns me. and i would like to ask if this can be clarified please, maybe with some examples, to ensure i understand this correctly, before i make a comment, if that's ok.

11 hours ago, Mister X said:

Heyho,

is there a rough estimated release date, in best case something a bit more precise than "when it's ready"? ;) 

I ask, because I work on a small mod (my first try) based on DD, so should I stick to DD4 for development or is it worth already to switch to DD5 when it probably still takes some time for my mod to work as I want to?

At this point I like to believe that the final version will release still somewhere in October. No truly massive issues have been found so far, that would require me to send some major parts of DD back to the drawing board. :)

9 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

things slowed down a bit so starting to really have more to read up on things. but this here concerns me. and i would like to ask if this can be clarified please, maybe with some examples, to ensure i understand this correctly, before i make a comment, if that's ok.

Sure, so these were the reasons:

1. The device database was never designed for hundreds of items in the DD library alone. It just doesn't scale well enough. When a new game starts, the feature creates an absolutely massive performance spike, because it creates StorageUtil records for each and every device in DD -plus- all devices registered by 3rd party mods. When it was written, DD had a fraction of its current size, so it didn't matter much. Now it does.

2. Whenever a device is being looked up by tags (which is the most common use case, I guess), the selector iterates across the ENTIRE database list matching the given keyword. Which is a fairly slow operation. Again, wasn't a concern with largely only DDI devices in the registry. It's a problem now.

3. The device database is a minor pain to maintain, because code has to be added for each and every new device added to DD. For that reason I gave up updating the feature years ago. It doesn't even contain many of the newer devices anymore.

The new solution is CK based. It utilizes nested LeveledItem lists, which is the way provided by the game engine for exactly such a use-case. I am honestly flabberghasted why the device database was written in the first place, when CK provides built-in mechanics almost as powerful. The one thing the LI lists cannot do is matching against multiple criteria at once, such as looking for all armbinders created by a certain artist. Which really no DD mod I am aware of ever does.

There is barely any Papyrus code involved anymore, no noticeable stress created on the scripting engine (which as most Skyrim users know, is quite a potato and cannot handle a lot of load in the first place without hiccuping).

Is the new implementation a flat improvement over the database? To be honest, not quite. But it performs so much better that it's not even funny, and that's why I decided to roll with it.

16 hours ago, Kharos said:

I am am experienced software developer (as I guess you are, too), and while I am generally considered to be a good developer who is able to write well working code, sometimes rarely it happens to me that a feature is for a lack of better words "cursed" with bugs and ugly edge cases, and when I fix one issue more pop up, and I feel like I am stuck playing whack-a-mole and I feel stupid for not finding a better solution and generally I just wish that the whole thing would go away.

Haha, that's exactly what I feel right now when I look at that device code.

Anyway, what I want to say: It looks like you really are almost there with the outfit changes despite all the edge cases and unexpected behaviour of the engine. So please keep your head held high and keep up your good work. I have started a new Skyrim character with DD5 last weekend and I have not hit any major issues up to now 🙂. When I keep bothering you with these small issues I am just doing so because of my 'no bug unfixed' mentality.

Awww, thanks! :)

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I'd like to see a "lore-friendly" option for DCL that prevents the mod from using Ebonite (rubber/latex) devices for random events and quests. I'd rather see my Dovakiin bound up in wood/rope/iron/steel devices; rubber and latex just looks out of place in the setting!

Maybe this could be done through the DD framework by... automatically removing devices that are keyworded with a certain material, maybe. So DD detects an Ebonite device, and just yeets that shit. I don't know if that's even do-able, though. ~_~

Edit: Full disclosure, I saw this thread linked in a DCL thread and mistook it for a suggestions thread for DCL specifically. :x

6 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I'd like to see a "lore-friendly" option for DCL that prevents the mod from using Ebonite (rubber/latex) devices for random events and quests. I'd rather see my Dovakiin bound up in wood/rope/iron/steel devices; rubber and latex just looks out of place in the setting!

Maybe this could be done through the DD framework by... automatically removing devices that are keyworded with a certain material, maybe. So DD detects an Ebonite device, and just yeets that shit. I don't know if that's even do-able, though. ~_~

Edit: Full disclosure, I saw this thread linked in a DCL thread and mistook it for a suggestions thread for DCL specifically. :x

Don't worry.  :)

But no, can't do, I am afraid. Quest items, and NPC outfits are hardcoded, and it would be a major PITA to add alternatives to the dozens of quest items in DCL. I am aware I am using latex devices in quite a few places in DCL. Can't help it, I just like the stuff! :D

You CAN pick a theme (e.g. leather) in MCM, so at least you shouldn't see latex items used in traps anymore.

39 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Don't worry.  :)

But no, can't do, I am afraid. Quest items, and NPC outfits are hardcoded, and it would be a major PITA to add alternatives to the dozens of quest items in DCL. I am aware I am using latex devices in quite a few places in DCL. Can't help it, I just like the stuff! :D

You CAN pick a theme (e.g. leather) in MCM, so at least you shouldn't see latex items used in traps anymore.

Ah well, I'll just keep self-censoring the latex and rubber. x3 I don't mind it in modernish settings, but I strive for immersion in Skyrim.

Would that be the MCM for DCL, or for the Devious Devices framework?

17 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Ah well, I'll just keep self-censoring the latex and rubber. x3 I don't mind it in modernish settings, but I strive for immersion in Skyrim.

Would that be the MCM for DCL, or for the Devious Devices framework?

DCL's theme settings.

15 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DCL's theme settings.

Thanks! ❤️ And also, keep up the great work on this mod!

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Sure, so these were the reasons:

1. The device database was never designed for hundreds of items in the DD library alone. It just doesn't scale well enough. When a new game starts, the feature creates an absolutely massive performance spike, because it creates StorageUtil records for each and every device in DD -plus- all devices registered by 3rd party mods. When it was written, DD had a fraction of its current size, so it didn't matter much. Now it does.

2. Whenever a device is being looked up by tags (which is the most common use case, I guess), the selector iterates across the ENTIRE database list matching the given keyword. Which is a fairly slow operation. Again, wasn't a concern with largely only DDI devices in the registry. It's a problem now.

3. The device database is a minor pain to maintain, because code has to be added for each and every new device added to DD. For that reason I gave up updating the feature years ago. It doesn't even contain many of the newer devices anymore.

The new solution is CK based. It utilizes nested LeveledItem lists, which is the way provided by the game engine for exactly such a use-case. I am honestly flabberghasted why the device database was written in the first place, when CK provides built-in mechanics almost as powerful. The one thing the LI lists cannot do is matching against multiple criteria at once, such as looking for all armbinders created by a certain artist. Which really no DD mod I am aware of ever does.

There is barely any Papyrus code involved anymore, no noticeable stress created on the scripting engine (which as most Skyrim users know, is quite a potato and cannot handle a lot of load in the first place without hiccuping).

Is the new implementation a flat improvement over the database? To be honest, not quite. But it performs so much better that it's not even funny, and that's why I decided to roll with it.

thank you for the lengthy response. so just to make sure i understand this properly. the actual items from Expansion are still "there" and will still be used, just the keywords and database processes are changing as to how each items is called by various mods ingame. is this correct ?

the reason i am concerned is that there are so many items, yes true, but so many items i and many others enjoy using manually or having them used by other mods on the PC. my one concern was that we'd be losing those items with the new DD version. and right now, there are still many items from the Heretic portfolio which are there in the current iteration, which aren't even being used (like the nose rings for example), which, should be included imo. and when your factor in textured version like from DDE and from Aradia, or even from CD (which are amazing), there is quite a huge list for diversity.

i did take a thorough look at the current MCM, some of the calls and tried to look at other mods, to see if anything else i could see where i could ask if / and how they were changed, but that's the one thing that stood out for me.

the other thing too, what about those mods where the authors are not longer around, therefore cannot update the code for their mods to make compatible with the new DD versions ? how will this be taken into consideration with DD5 ? will there be some sort of mass communication sent to all modders who use DD references in their mod, to update accordingly ?

9 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

thank you for the lengthy response. so just to make sure i understand this properly. the actual items from Expansion are still "there" and will still be used, just the keywords and database processes are changing as to how each items is called by various mods ingame. is this correct ?

the reason i am concerned is that there are so many items, yes true, but so many items i and many others enjoy using manually or having them used by other mods on the PC. my one concern was that we'd be losing those items with the new DD version. and right now, there are still many items from the Heretic portfolio which are there in the current iteration, which aren't even being used (like the nose rings for example), which, should be included imo. and when your factor in textured version like from DDE and from Aradia, or even from CD (which are amazing), there is quite a huge list for diversity.

i did take a thorough look at the current MCM, some of the calls and tried to look at other mods, to see if anything else i could see where i could ask if / and how they were changed, but that's the one thing that stood out for me.

the other thing too, what about those mods where the authors are not longer around, therefore cannot update the code for their mods to make compatible with the new DD versions ? how will this be taken into consideration with DD5 ? will there be some sort of mass communication sent to all modders who use DD references in their mod, to update accordingly ?

Oh right! No, no, don't worry! I am not removing ANY device from DD. Why would I, really? :)

What I remove in DD5 is an API feature to pick random devices from DD's inventory, to replace it with a new (faster) one. For the next version, the feature will still be working, not to break existing mods. Just the selection of devices will be smaller, as I no longer register DDX devices to that feature (because they caused the greatest performance impact). This will give modders time to change to the new mechanic provided in DD5.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

This will give modders time to change to the new mechanic provided in DD5.

and in the case where the author isn't around anymore, what will happen ? or will there be someone to update those specific mods when the time comes ?

and does DD5 actually include the currently unused heretic items from the current version ? (like the nose ring for example, really would love to see that one as an active item, since it does exist in the files)

10 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

and in the case where the author isn't around anymore, what will happen ? or will there be someone to update those specific mods when the time comes ?

and does DD5 actually include the currently unused heretic items from the current version ? (like the nose ring for example, really would love to see that one as an active item, since it does exist in the files)

You know, if a mod stops getting updated and remains unmaintained for a prolonged time, chances are that it will get eventually broken by -something-, anyway. I can't perma-freeze every feature in the framework just because some dusted old mod requires them in exactly that fashion to run. DD rarely ever breaks backwards compatibility, but sometimes there is just no viable alternative. The feature in question has grown into a major problem over time, because nobody foresaw the amount of devices that would one day be in DD.

A truly important mod usually doesn't go into the dark like that, though. As long as the author didn't totally rule it out (in this case there is nothing anyone can do), it usually gets picked up by somebody. There are plenty of examples for that. Honestly, which truly popular DD mod is even unmaintained right now? And don't say CD, because that mod got pulled by its author for reasons that are his own. It's not even available anymore, so there is really zero need for me to keep DD compatible with it.

Hereticals items: If he didn't give me some items to merge to DD, it's probably because he didn't want me to merge them to DD, or he didn't think they were ready for it. I am pretty sure DD got the vast majority of them. so please forgive me for not considering the few remaining ones (if there even are any except the nose ring) THAT much essential. In any case, it's a bit silly to install the standalone mod anyway, because it would result in all sorts of duplicates in the library and be a giant waste of space.

If I remember right, the nose ring I got offered to merge, but this particular item I cannot really merge, because DD has no free slot for such a device type (there is no item like it in DD). Not even sure I think that item is on topic for DD. It's not, really. I know you could make a similar point for the piercings, but to be completely honest with you, had I been already in charge of DD back then, I wouldn't have added these, either. They aren't restraints by any stretch of imagination.

Mind you that the feature right now is just marked -deprecated-, not deleted. Old mods using it still work for the time being, just having access to a smaller selection of items. If there turn out to be true problems with deleting the feature for older DD mods down the road, I will see what I can do about it. I have no interest in breaking popular, important DD mods, believe me. I am just not sure which mods this would even affect as I still think there is no popular DD mod out there without a maintainer to make the (few) necessary changes.

6 minutes ago, Kimy said:

. Honestly, which truly popular DD mod is even unmaintained right now? 

Slaverun Reloaded 

18 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Slaverun Reloaded 

It's unmaintained -again-? Huh, didn't know that. But I just downloaded and checked its code. The entire mod makes exactly 47 calls to a function that would break if I eventually remove that database feature. Probably takes about half an hour for any interested party to replace these...

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

It's unmaintained -again-? Huh, didn't know that. But I just downloaded and checked its code. The entire mod makes exactly 47 calls to a function that would break if I eventually remove that database feature. Probably takes about half an hour for any interested party to replace these...

its unmaintained since mid 2018. Sadly. 
I tried to make sense of the whole thing but it is a vast project and I m still learning bloody scripting basics.

I know that the DD version check is a problem (it is stuck with 4.0 afaik) and that the fix that was uploaded is not fixing anything just preventing it from breaking entirely. 

The Cheat function that can remove or replace DDs is also no longer working reliably. I keep an old DD 4.0 version saved to play Slaverun on isolated profiles for that reason. 

Thing is in most cases that no capable interested party ever steps up 😞

6 hours ago, Nymra said:

Thing is in most cases that no capable interested party ever steps up 😞

The issue most of the time is that the user is not active here anymore also if a mod gets abandoned. And modifying someone elses mod without permission for pure combability sake (e.g. DD Libs calls in scripts) is still a gray zone.

17 hours ago, Kimy said:

You know, if a mod stops getting updated and remains unmaintained for a prolonged time, chances are that it will get eventually broken by -something-, anyway. I can't perma-freeze every feature in the framework just because some dusted old mod requires them in exactly that fashion to run. DD rarely ever breaks backwards compatibility, but sometimes there is just no viable alternative. The feature in question has grown into a major problem over time, because nobody foresaw the amount of devices that would one day be in DD.

A truly important mod usually doesn't go into the dark like that, though. As long as the author didn't totally rule it out (in this case there is nothing anyone can do), it usually gets picked up by somebody. There are plenty of examples for that. Honestly, which truly popular DD mod is even unmaintained right now? And don't say CD, because that mod got pulled by its author for reasons that are his own. It's not even available anymore, so there is really zero need for me to keep DD compatible with it.

I do understand what you mean and where you are coming from. It's a bit troubling though, that the mods which are no longer updated (for various reasons) may eventually break (such as Slaverun, which was mentioned already. perhaps even DFW and Captured Dreams, as well, along with many others). It would severely limit "working" mods in the long run, and that would be a shame.

On the upside, there are still many mods which are still updated / supported, where the authors are still active. Hopefully at some point there will be a viable solution to all of this, on top of the work that you're already doing to improve the overall experience for the rest of us, and that is greatly appreciated.

I did make a list of questions / suggestions based on what is current and what you've written to date in the release notes of the beta, which I'd like to share, if that's ok to do.

1. 1You mentioned that the Support Threads would be merged into one, for all the mods being incorporated into DD5. While i do understand the reasoning for this, would it really be constructive to have everything in that one thread, where posts could get lost, as the threads end up swarmed with posts for all of these. I mean, if you gauge all of tthe current support threads for all those mods, with activity for both the LE and SE side, you can easily anticipate how the activity will be when merged into one LE and one SE Support Thread. Won't that overwhelm you and the other "supporters" after a while ? I see how often people like Zarantha, for example, take the time to reply / respond, and i feel bad that he, you and others might end up losing your own "playing time" to cater to the posters requiring help.
  2. You mentioned increased performance, I do have a very crappy laptop (it's an HP, go figure...), so if you do need someone to help create a low "baseline" to really evaluate the performance increase, i'd be more than  happy to help there, once the SE version is available.
  3. You mentioned now having your own gagged voices. which would render the gaggedSFX mod, and a few others redundant. will there be an option in the MCM for these "voices", such as volume levels, repetition, links to Sexlab (during sex) ? Are the many types of voices available (such as frustrated, soft, angry, whimpered muffles...) that people can choose from ? Will it conflict with the gagged settings in Zaz (ie repetition) ?
  4. Are there any plans to add / incorporate the restraints from kzbiit at all ? the gags and the short wrap-around binder i know are amazing and would be a great addition imo.
  5. I can't recall if this is a DD MCM or DCL MCM option, but the option to use either "closed hoods" or "Open Hoods", will this be changing to use a 'weight" slider, as opposed to an "either/or" call ? it would be nice to have the option to have both types used based on a weight slider rather than make a choice of one or the other only.
  6. Speaking of MCM... Quests.. will this now be populated with something, or will it be removed ?
  7. will DD5 have an MCM option to "import/export" settings (like DCL does) ?
  8. Is Devices Underneath improved at all, or changed, given the current state of the system ?
  9. Once the Beta is over, and the new threads are created for support and download files, will you reserve a section of the main post you make, to edit later on with Patches / Fixes that come up as time goes by ? it would make it easier for people to find these things, or will there be a separate thread for those things that would be linked from the primary threads ?
  10.  In the release noted, will the be mention about the mods possibly breaking or being incompatible with the new DD5 ?

i think that's all i had, so I apologize for the long-winded post, but I hope that I don't end up taking too much of your time, and that perhaps something in these may help you in some way.

Thanks again :)

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

I do understand what you mean and where you are coming from. It's a bit troubling though, that the mods which are no longer updated (for various reasons) may eventually break (such as Slaverun, which was mentioned already. perhaps even DFW and Captured Dreams, as well, along with many others). It would severely limit "working" mods in the long run, and that would be a shame.

On the upside, there are still many mods which are still updated / supported, where the authors are still active. Hopefully at some point there will be a viable solution to all of this, on top of the work that you're already doing to improve the overall experience for the rest of us, and that is greatly appreciated.

It's unfortunately quite unavoidable that software of any kind tends to break/stop functioning after a while, if unattended. It's just the nature of things. Just install old Windows 3.1 software on Windows 10 out of the box, and see what happens.

It is my hope that popular, important mods will find a new home if their original author is no longer able or willing to work on them. Their fans deserve to be able to continue using them. Most of the time it happens that way. CD is an unfortunate exception, but thankfully most authors do not delete their mods upon leaving. Slaverun seems to be also a popular mod, so my expectation would be that SOME day, somebody will pick it up and fix any breakage that time did to it. From what I gather, it's already partially broken, but users posted fixes for it, so perhaps there will be a fix for the DD5 update as well. Let's see what happens!

1. 1You mentioned that the Support Threads would be merged into one, for all the mods being incorporated into DD5. While i do understand the reasoning for this, would it really be constructive to have everything in that one thread, where posts could get lost, as the threads end up swarmed with posts for all of these. I mean, if you gauge all of tthe current support threads for all those mods, with activity for both the LE and SE side, you can easily anticipate how the activity will be when merged into one LE and one SE Support Thread. Won't that overwhelm you and the other "supporters" after a while ? I see how often people like Zarantha, for example, take the time to reply / respond, and i feel bad that he, you and others might end up losing your own "playing time" to cater to the posters requiring help.

The amount will obviously be significant, but it's still a LOT easier to keep track of one support thread, rather than four. I cannot see how this is NOT possibly going to help me. On top of that, often it's really hard for a user to tell which EXACT component of DD a bug was originating in, so I am seeing a lot of reports in the "wrong" DD thread, causing me to potentially overlook reports.

1. You mentioned increased performance, I do have a very crappy laptop (it's an HP, go figure...), so if you do need someone to help create a low "baseline" to really evaluate the performance increase, i'd be more than  happy to help there, once the SE version is available.

That's great! While I personally do not work on the SE port (it's largely handled by Zarantha and a few other volunteer porters), I believe that a SE port should become available fairly soon after the official LE release.

1. You mentioned now having your own gagged voices. which would render the gaggedSFX mod, and a few others redundant. will there be an option in the MCM for these "voices", such as volume levels, repetition, links to Sexlab (during sex) ? Are the many types of voices available (such as frustrated, soft, angry, whimpered muffles...) that people can choose from ? Will it conflict with the gagged settings in Zaz (ie repetition) ?

The implementation of the gagged voices closely follows GagSFX. I obtained permission from its author ages ago to use these sounds and put them in FO4 DD as well. It therefore makes GagSFX redundant. DD is not aware of any setting in ZAP, so any conflict would be indirect.

1. Are there any plans to add / incorporate the restraints from kzbiit at all ? the gags and the short wrap-around binder i know are amazing and would be a great addition imo.

I like these devices too, and if it would be up to me, I'd totally merge them. However, they seem to be based on commercial assets, which means I cannot use them. I do not have the required license for these assets, only the person who first bought them from the asset store does.

1. Speaking of MCM... Quests.. will this now be populated with something, or will it be removed ?

It's obsolete. Quest content will not be back in DD, as it makes little sense for a framework to contain quest content. I thought I removed it already, but I will double check.

1. will DD5 have an MCM option to "import/export" settings (like DCL does) ?

Check the latest beta release! :) 

1. Is Devices Underneath improved at all, or changed, given the current state of the system ?

Totally unchanged.

1. Once the Beta is over, and the new threads are created for support and download files, will you reserve a section of the main post you make, to edit later on with Patches / Fixes that come up as time goes by ? it would make it easier for people to find these things, or will there be a separate thread for those things that would be linked from the primary threads ?

I plan to grab the second post of the new thread for that. I hope I am fast enough! Haha!

1.  In the release noted, will the be mention about the mods possibly breaking or being incompatible with the new DD5 ?

As I become aware of any issues, yes. Mind you I am personally using only a fraction of all mods on LL, even only a small portion of the DD-using ones (I think many people would be surprised how small my load order is), so I will need to rely on users to report (backwards-)compatibility issues. So far nobody in the beta test has reported any issues with existing DD mods to me, not even with Slaverun.

i think that's all i had, so I apologize for the long-winded post, but I hope that I don't end up taking too much of your time, and that perhaps something in these may help you in some way.

No worries. Those were good questions! :)

@Kimy in beta5 zadLibs function NeedsBoundAnim still doesn't contain check for petsuit. Is it intentional?