What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

Now that my mod is finally published and I have worked out most of the bugs, I have a little time to put in some work on the next Nymph follower I started on a few weeks ago. 

She's a Desert Nymph, captain of the Black-Opal Pirates, and a pirate queen of the iliac bay.  Trying to get an outfit that says "Pirate" and also "Nymph" has been a little challenging.

Spoiler

naiyaritest1.thumb.jpg.5246a2f546890c857e628258e3fc1f65.jpg

It's a Turdas in Frostfall, sadly I don't remember the exact date. I finished Jenassa's Quest from the mod "Amorous Adventures" and sealed the end of this quest with a lovely kiss in front of everyone. (Okay I actually took the screenshot because Lucien was watching like a stalker and I had to laugh ... still a romantic pic imo.)

Spoiler

20190118010317_1.jpg.921669a3cdc0a1f4ae253ff5b6964778.jpg

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'd enjoy it more through some serious double-glazing.

That's what Alteration magic is for... spells adventurers don't care so much about but builders always hire a mage to cast "Insulation" and "Wind Barrier".

I mean, have you seen Windhelm? Holes in the floors and walls that look like sieves. There must be some magic going on there or there would be nothing but Dunblocks of ice.

45 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

That's what Alteration magic is for... spells adventurers don't care so much about but builders always hire a mage to cast "Insulation" and "Wind Barrier".

I mean, have you seen Windhelm? Holes in the floors and walls that look like sieves. There must be some magic going on there or there would be nothing but Dunblocks of ice.

Skyrim Immersive Insulation? I believe there's an opional Draft-Proofing plug-in .

I'm working on my next Nymph follower when I have extra bits of time still. 

Rather than casting spells, I decided I want to give her DOTA-style mechanics with unique combat abilities.  She is built so that she starts out kind of weak in a fight since her sword is fairly slow, doesn't hit all that hard, and she doesn't have much armor, but she ramps up in power the longer she is in combat, eventually becoming an unstoppable killing machine.

• Every time she gets hit she gains a 10% damage buff that lasts ~10 seconds. 
  • Her attack speed increases as she gets injured.  When at 15% or less HP she has a 500% attack speed increase.
  • She applies a stacking bleed that gets stronger as she levels. It lasts 30 seconds and there is no limit to how many times she can apply it to a single enemy.
  • Her cutlass has lifesteal that grows stronger as she levels.

I'm still tweaking the balance on these abilities but I have seen her stabilize at 20% hp due to the lifesteal + very fast attack speed and eventually destroy whole groups of enemies that it looked like she was losing to, which is pretty unique for skyrim I think.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, woodsman30 said:

actually i found a mod that i kind of like

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95370

nai1.thumb.jpg.1056da240a56911b26e03c6000ff4310.jpg

I modified parts of it with opal textures and added an opal circlet I made to the hat since opals are sort of her "theme."  All of her equipment has a kind of "opalescent sheen" that is hard to show in screenshots.  Since she's supposed to be a fairly infamous pirate queen, I had to come up with a reason why nobody knew she was a Nymph.  Short version of the story is that she is pretending to be a reguard human woman who has found a cursed ring, the black opal ring.  The legend (that she made up) says that whoever wears this ring will stay young and beautiful for as long as they wear it, but if they ever take it off they will die.  Hence she is the captain of the Black-Opal pirates and is presumed to be around 60 years old.  Atm I'm still sculpting her face since I want her to look a bit less like some of the Desert Nymph presets, but she's turning out to be a pretty unique character.

Spoiler

naicombat.thumb.jpg.f7c52d1c929520c171bb8dd3bfdfab91.jpg

nairing.thumb.jpg.81cd9e18b0b2e925f5ed5df59413cd73.jpg

8 hours ago, goaway said:

I'm working on my next Nymph follower when I have extra bits of time still. 

Rather than casting spells, I decided I want to give her DOTA-style mechanics with unique combat abilities.  She is built so that she starts out kind of weak in a fight since her sword is fairly slow, doesn't hit all that hard, and she doesn't have much armor, but she ramps up in power the longer she is in combat, eventually becoming an unstoppable killing machine.

• Every time she gets hit she gains a 10% damage buff that lasts ~10 seconds. 
  • Her attack speed increases as she gets injured.  When at 15% or less HP she has a 500% attack speed increase.
  • She applies a stacking bleed that gets stronger as she levels. It lasts 30 seconds and there is no limit to how many times she can apply it to a single enemy.
  • Her cutlass has lifesteal that grows stronger as she levels.

At first I was thinking she'd be an earth/magma elemental type... slow moving, slow to start moving, but unstoppable when started. Then I realized you were on a water theme, and tsunami or some other large wave made more sense.

I thought the others were races you could play, but you've written this one as a specific character. Is she going to be a follower type or a quest-enemy type?

21 hours ago, karlpaws said:

At first I was thinking she'd be an earth/magma elemental type... slow moving, slow to start moving, but unstoppable when started. Then I realized you were on a water theme, and tsunami or some other large wave made more sense.

I thought the others were races you could play, but you've written this one as a specific character. Is she going to be a follower type or a quest-enemy type?

Nah, she's not a separate race, she's a desert nymph just like Yulia.  She will be a follower and I actually am considering including a couple of the other racial presets as some of her crewmates that you can get as followers too.  I've been trying to come up with a way to place some of the presets in game and this seems like a good excuse.

I have a 6th race that I'm working on, but it's still in the early planning stages.  It will be an "evil" nymph race!

Spoiler
4 hours ago, goaway said:

Nah, she's not a separate race, she's a desert nymph just like Yulia.  She will be a follower and I actually am considering including a couple of the other racial presets as some of her crewmates that you can get as followers too.  I've been trying to come up with a way to place some of the presets in game and this seems like a good excuse.

I have a 6th race that I'm working on, but it's still in the early planning stages.  It will be an "evil" nymph race!

It's been done in D&D if you're looking for inspiration:

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e

Trying not to play it for a while so I feel motivated to do more than boot it up, look around and close it. If I was like many whom seem to be creating the perfect character/environment, to display screenshots/videos for, perhaps it would be different. But having the game for so long, and knowing it so well, I have to admit - mods kept it alive a lot longer than it should've been in my play rotation.

1537431000_HoursPlayed.png.624dffdc9e663e26bc19437f655fc841.png

Ignore the playtime on STO. I've been playing it since open beta, but got so sick of having to use Perfect Worlds launcher (after they 'bought' the game), I actually deleted it and re-installed through Steam before I finally gave up on playing it.

23 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

What do you mean by "evil," oh hiding cat?

A Nymph subtype that has a strong racial pre-disposition towards spite, cruelty, sadism, and contempt.  What else would you call it?

There aren't many Nymphii of this subtype left in the world since the male race they are paired with has gone extinct.  Wonder what which one it was~