What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

What we have here is the hillside around YellowHedge bandit camp. Covered in corpses. Stormcloak, Imperial and bandits in a huge three way massacre/clusterfuck.

Oh, and Janessa for some reason. With a troll.

I can only surmise what happened was:

The stormcloaks hired Janessa to lead the imperial patrol into an ambush. However, being dunmer she has no love for Ulfric and his dreams, so she doublecrossed the stormcloaks and led them towards a fortified bandit camp as the 'ambush' site with the assumption that the imperials would kill them, then her and the bandits could kill the survivors & loot the enormous number of bodies.

...at which point me and my army turn up and fireball the bandits in the face. Janessa takes one look at the smoking remains of the band of bandits, and decides to just loot the soldiers and pretend she had nothing to do wtih the whole sorry afair.

As for the non-aggressive troll? Not a clue.

YellowHedgeMassacre.jpg

4 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

What we have here is the hillside around YellowHedge bandit camp. Covered in corpses. Stormcloak, Imperial and bandits in a huge three way massacre/clusterfuck.

Your skyrim is each and every time a refreshing and new impression :classic_smile: I wouldn't have been able to locate that anywhere without a hint.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

From a mod? Are you using SCO Summer Edition? Your flora and LODs look very similar to mine. Whereabouts in Skyrim is that?

Yeah, very probably. If it isn't a "more bandit camps" camp tho, then I'm afraid I don't know which one. I'm a fan of almost anything that adds stuff to the world map for me to bump into so the possibilites are large. It's a little bit NE & uphill from the Talos shrine NE of Whiterun.

LOD's are shot - I broke dyndoLOD's with a mod shuffle at one point and havn't quite got as far as rebuilding them since.

The flora is similar to the world map, in that I have a tendency to grab anything that adds more undergrowth or makes things greener/brighter/more fairland...let's have a look:

Spoiler

Summer Skyrim

SFO (no grass)

Enhanced Landscape - grasses

More More Grass

Fantasy Forest Overhaul

Project Rainforest

Green Skyrim

VeydoseBroom

Volumptious Grasses

Diversified Flowers & Plants

Flower Fields

Spring Forest Overhaul

There are, unsurprisingly, a LOT of conflicts in that list. But MO seems to manage the 'last in, first out' thing for most of it and all the related .esps are merged so hopefully the conficts are resolved in that process.

Yes, I really do need to tidy up my game build at some point. But I keep getting distracted by trying new mods or just running around doing odd quests.

57 minutes ago, Lostdreamer said:

I'm a fan of almost anything that adds stuff to the world map for me to bump into

Me too. I have never done the vanilla game so I have other 'stuff' going on. I usually have OBIS installed but I've never tried More Bandit Camps. I can feel a cunning plan coming on.

Strange but true - my LODs are shot too.

I'm the opposite with grass and long/high vegetation. I do a lot of sex al fresco and it gets in the way. In the words of the song (Magic Moments): "It wasn't the grass that tickled your ass, it was my little finger".

Here's me outside Cronvangr Cave with Gilfre's mill in the top left corner. I haven't got my Shorter Grass mod installed yet.

1585753398_enb2018_10_2916_41_10_53.thumb.jpg.fb0593cac19a50270089a3488cda4d13.jpg

I really need to sit down and fettle my ENB settings and get my landscape/environment back to what it was before mod or mods unknown buggered it up.

Right, it's off to Darkshade Cave for some gold and a troll. I hope there is a pick axe in there.

"OBIS installed but I've never tried More Bandit Camps. I can feel a cunning plan coming on". Not quite what I had in mind . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPsxuNSP5wg

14 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

I'm the opposite with grass and long/high vegetation. I do a lot of sex al fresco and it gets in the way. In the words of the song (Magic Moments): "It wasn't the grass that tickled your ass, it was my little finger".

Yeah, does get in the way lots.

That's not entirely accidental. I have found it adds a lot of chaos and confusion to the process as enemies get hidden or you end up running away from encounters in panic fighting your way through the wilderness.

Also looks pretty. Sod that 'grey and dull and desolate' skyrim mood. I'm good with 'alice in wonderland'. :)

22 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks but that sounds far too complicated. To me, any solution which requires adding something to get rid of something is a bad idea. It didn't used to be this dull and overcast, ergo something somewhere has changed. The solution is to find what has changed and change it back.

I'm also looking for what keeps adding beards to everything male in Racemenu and without the option of no facial hair.

Try disabling cloud shadows from the ENB options list.  Either that, or open up the cloud shadows option and set an X by "ignore weather system", or check to see if the opacity level is set to 1.00 (meaning no light passes through clouds), and set it to something lower, like 0.75 or 0.5.  There's a few other ENB settings that make exteriors very dark but that's usually the first one to try.

This is honeydew, the Wood Nymph.

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o7_1280.png

After visiting Eldergleam sanctuary to enjoy the beauty of Kynareth first hand, she decides to visit the nearby human settlement out of curiosity.  Most Wood Nymphii tend to stay clear of human or mer settlements whenever possible, but Honeydew has always been a more adventurous Wood Nymph than most.  Besides, it's not like they could actually hurt me, she thinks.  And why would they want to?  

She doesn't know much about humans but she does remember they get upset if you don't cover up certain parts.  So after fashioning a makeshift outfit from some leaves, she cautiously pays them a visit.

Spoiler

The first thing she discovers is that the whole village seems to be focused around a cave.  How strange!  And what's even more confusing, they seem to be collecting rocks from this cave.

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o8_1280.png

Why would humans build a town in order to dig underneath the earth so they can collect piles of rocks?  Normally caves make Wood Nymphii uncomfortable, but her curiosity gets the best of her, and she feels the need to investigate.  Truly, this is a mystery she cannot resist. 

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o5_1280.png

Rather than answers, she only finds more questions.  Strangely, they seem to put their young to work here, and none of them pay her much attention, something she is not at all used to.  Most of the time humans are unable to keep from staring at her!  Finding the one human who appears to be in charge, she asks what they are doing.

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o2_1280.png

His gruff response is to suggest that she grab a pickaxe and find out for herself.  She doesn't find this a very helpful answer, but her curiosity must be satisfied.  Surely, there must be some fun in this that she simply cannot see yet.  Why else would they build an entire town just to support this rock-collecting game?

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o4_1280.png

Far from fun, this turns out to be a lot of work!  Phew! 

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o1_1280.png

Heave ho!  She almost never exerts herself like this.  Luckily, she does not have to worry about a lack of physical conditioning: her Nymph body stays in perfect shape no matter how sedentary she is.  

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o3_1280.png

After an hour or so collecting rocks, Honeydew decides that's enough.  Being underground is making her uncomfortable and discovering the secret of this rock collecting town no longer seems worth the effort.

tumblr_phdnv16cCF1xtv3t2o6_1280.png

Ah, back outside in nature and with no more need to cover her body, she feels much more relaxed!  Mortals really are such confusing creatures.  Why do they sometimes stare and follow her around, and other times completely ignore her?  Why do they spend so much of what limited time they have on such hard work?  Truely, being mortal must be such a burden!

1 hour ago, goaway said:

the in game ENB GUI

Oh that thing. I generally use the ini file direct as I can't handle the mouse fuck-up with the GUI. I will have a dabble though.

My game is broken again just now so I'm just finishing a cup of coffee before I launch myself at NMM and uninstall a lot of mods.

I'm not a happy camper.

I am reworking Arborea's signature spell into something way more awesome.

Behold, the Rainbow Beam

arbotesting4.png

Spoiler

arbotesting5.png

arbotesting3.png

arbotesting2.png

arbotesting1.png

Built this shader in about, 2-3 hours.  Still tweaking the sound FX, atm it has a twinkly magic fairy dust sound when it hits stuff.

I decided 90% resistance to disease/poison was ok as a racial power before I gave Nymphii an exp penalty, but now the wood nymph needs a little something extra to line up with the other Nymph races.  So I'm building a better wood nymph by rewarding nudity.  Extra carry weight, bonus gathered alchemy bits, and extra powerful enchantments as long as you are in harmony with nature, chest-wise.  

nymphediting.thumb.png.6071d6c21ca0e77f273718af5df2ecae.png

24 minutes ago, goaway said:

I decided 90% resistance to disease/poison was ok as a racial power before I gave Nymphii an exp penalty, but now the wood nymph needs a little something extra to line up with the other Nymph races.  So I'm building a better wood nymph by rewarding nudity.  Extra carry weight, bonus gathered alchemy bits, and extra powerful enchantments as long as you are in harmony with nature, chest-wise.  

nymphediting.thumb.png.6071d6c21ca0e77f273718af5df2ecae.png

Don't forget to check the ClothingBody keyword for this as well.

23 hours ago, goaway said:

I am reworking Arborea's signature spell into something way more awesome.

Behold, the Rainbow Beam

arbotesting4.png

Hide contents

arbotesting5.png

arbotesting3.png

arbotesting2.png

arbotesting1.png

Built this shader in about, 2-3 hours.  Still tweaking the sound FX, atm it has a twinkly magic fairy dust sound when it hits stuff.

Could you add the effect to bows and/or arrows? That way, one can finally have the bow which Fihada sarcastically asks the Dragonborn about when they ask for arrows which can take down dragons.