3 hours ago, S4WDU5T said:

Tethering issues almost always happen from having the wrong skeleton, it has to be XPMSE as that one has the bone needed for the cart to actually attach itself to, without that you get nuthin' :/

Make sure that's the one you have installed, and it's usually recommended to not allow anything else to overwrite it, it has what you need... its got what mods crave! IT'S GOT ELECTROLYTES! ?

Good luck with it, hope that helps :)  

I am already using this one. Its pretty much necessary for anything else anyway ;)

But could it be that something is overwriting it? Or that its place in the load order (or somewhere... I dunno) is not where its supposed to be?

If you got any more ideas I'm all ears but for now thanks! I try and see if fiddeling around with the ideas you gave me avails to something ^^

On 4/17/2019 at 5:47 AM, DocClox said:

There's a spell that will summon a cart, slap you in the traces, and stick a clone of Nazeem in the driver seat. You'll need to find it in the console and add it to your character if you want to try it out.  Main reason I never did anything with it was that Clone!Nazeem vanished once you left the cell where he was summoned, and I neve got around to finding out why.

I had a blog post with a picture at one time, but the image is gone and I can't find it on my drive.

oh yeah, I was hoping to ask, what were your plans for this mod in terms of quests beyond delivering goods and letters?. I know early coding in the mod implied the bondage gear is alive to a degree (such as the yoke unlocking on its own after being covered in sweat)

On 4/17/2019 at 7:47 AM, DocClox said:

There's a spell that will summon a cart, slap you in the traces, and stick a clone of Nazeem in the driver seat. You'll need to find it in the console and add it to your character if you want to try it out.  Main reason I never did anything with it was that Clone!Nazeem vanished once you left the cell where he was summoned, and I neve got around to finding out why.

I had a blog post with a picture at one time, but the image is gone and I can't find it on my drive.

i haven't looked into the clone you speak yet so forgive me if this is already covered, but my first guess would be an actor package scheduling nazeem to be someplace else...if i'm not mistaken isn't he that kajiit that runs spawns randomly thru the encounter tables to spawn locations Or is he the merchant caravan traveler...on 1 side you have an npc that randomly spawns some place and self-deletes when you leave the cell and the other is scheduled to be either in an actor package designated location or actor travel package...

with the above in mind for the reasoning you never moved forward with that plan, either you or a person looking to revive that old code could look into a means for setting the test cart as furniture for a (well-trained) pahe slave to be ordered to ride(sit on). the above code patch or work-around would be usable as a means for further testing beyond the npc vanishing from the cell bug and if that new code tests out ok or looks sufficient enough that it could feasibly be worked with to fix what little bugs there are with it, then from there it could be looked into for the true nature of fixing nazeem's clone to prevent vanishing from the cell

On 4/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, RollontheDane said:

It loaded up after the third time I had to restart the game due to crashing, it works now. I guess it just took it's time loading up. But thanks.

that sounds like you have some papyrus issues slowing the game engine down to prevent the mod from starting properly

On 4/22/2019 at 9:42 AM, Tres24 said:

Hello everyone. Tried to get this to work but I got stuck somewhere. Mind you I'm not really great with modding, I know how to install stuff, that the load order is important and that stuff like FNIS should be updated and run regulary. (Also I use the Nexus Mod Manager / Vortex)

With that being said when trying to trigger this mod I walked up to the carriage guy at Whiterun (tried Riften later but same result as follows) and got the job offer.

Read the letter yadiyada and got to the point where he casts the spell. All seems to be working. The character is dressed accordingly the cart is there but when I start walking the cart stays where it is.

Trying to activate it resets my character to (what I assume is) the correct position but nothing happens. Ctrl+E doesnt seem to do anything but Shift+E does something.

Only it doesnt connect me to the cart. Whenever and whereever I do it plays the armbinder struggle animation and says "attempting to untether" followed by "succesfully untethered" or something along those lines. But I cant actually start pulling the cart.

I know someone else had a similar/same problem just some pages ago but the advice to install HDT didnt fix things (but the plug is now in the correct position which is nice)

Sorry if I'm just missing the obvious or if a solution was found and posted long ago but I didnt find much.

Appreciate any ideas.

Cheers folks and take care

this:

On 4/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, S4WDU5T said:

Tethering issues almost always happen from having the wrong skeleton, it has to be XPMSE as that one has the bone needed for the cart to actually attach itself to, without that you get nuthin' :/

Make sure that's the one you have installed, and it's usually recommended to not allow anything else to overwrite it, it has what you need... its got what mods crave! IT'S GOT ELECTROLYTES! ?

On 4/22/2019 at 4:54 PM, Tres24 said:

I am already using this one. Its pretty much necessary for anything else anyway ;)

But could it be that something is overwriting it? Or that its place in the load order (or somewhere... I dunno) is not where its supposed to be?

If you got any more ideas I'm all ears but for now thanks! I try and see if fiddeling around with the ideas you gave me avails to something ^^

reinstall xpmse to ensure that the files overwrite any/all other mod conflicts then move it to the bottom of your load order and check the xpmse mcm to see if it passes....note also if you're using a custom race, you will need to perform additional steps to check that your custom race is also using xpmse skeleton meshes

15 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

i haven't looked into the clone you speak yet so forgive me if this is already covered, but my first guess would be an actor package scheduling nazeem to be someplace else...if i'm not mistaken isn't he that kajiit that runs spawns randomly thru the encounter tables to spawn locations Or is he the merchant caravan traveler...on 1 side you have an npc that randomly spawns some place and self-deletes when you leave the cell and the other is scheduled to be either in an actor package designated location or actor travel package...

That's possible. I assumed it was because I didn't set up any persistence for him, but your idea makes as much sense as anything. The next step was going to be to make some proper NPCs, give them a persist location in a test cell, and see if they proved more durable. I might look at that yet if I get a spare minute.

15 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

with the above in mind for the reasoning you never moved forward with that plan, either you or a person looking to revive that old code could look into a means for setting the test cart as furniture for a (well-trained) pahe slave to be ordered to ride(sit on).

Heh. I think I'd sooner hook the slave up and ride it myself. I never did get around to trying that when I was working on S.L.U.T.S. :)

Speaking of PAHE - I saw you'd tried cloning ActorBase records and had reports of stability issues. Did you consider a patcher? Something to go through the loaded mods, identify all the base level non-unique actors and create a new .esp file with copies that are templated on the originals in every respect apart from inventory. That gives an overhead of about 340 bytes (I did a quick test yesterday) per actor, and you'd get "proper" actorbase records.

Mind, I've not looked in depth at your cloning code, so for all I know this is how it works. If not, it might be a possible way forward.

I guess I should just come out and confirm things for everyone: I probably won't be doing any major projects on Skyrim anytime soon. That includes continuing to work on S_L_U_T_S, sadly :(

To put it bluntly: trying to create advanced content for Skyrim has simply become too much of a headache for me to bear. Anyone that has worked with CK or its Papyrus scripts knows just how unstable both can be. It is especially bad for me, as for some reason both CK and the script system seem to hate my PC. For example if you've used my XDFF rule expansion mod you've probably noticed the dialog options only work when they feel like it. That's a very distinct bug that happens whenever I try to create a new dialog quest in CK on my PC. For some reason CK simply refuses to compile new quests correctly on my PC. S_L_U_T_S didn't suffer the same fate because I was building off the dialog quest objects already created by DocClox on his PC.

As for the script compiler, CK's internal script will often just decide it can't find the Property objects I've defined and refuse to compile. When it does this it is also nice enough to overwrite my script with a blanked out file, because fuck me, amrite? Thankfully I use an external compiler for most of my script tasks, but that just adds one more extra hurdle to my editing work. And one more landmine I have to remember not to step on. Also Papyrus has a nasty habit of refusing to acknowledge commands to change the values of integers I've defined, making attempts to add internal counters sometime impossible or at least requiring super clunky workarounds . I had to cut a few planned features from my XDFF mod due to that bug.

And don't get me started about the time S_L_U_T_S dialog trees just "forgot" the quest IDs they were linked to for no apparent reason, causing CK to violently crash if I tried to open them for editing. If it weren't for me figuring out how to manually fix them in TES5Edit that corruption bug would have killed the entire project as going back to the last uncorrupted build would have cost me weeks of work.

So basically trying to work with a system that constantly refuses to compile correctly, constantly ignores commands, and is prone to getting corrupted for no reason I've found working on Skyrim to be simply unbearable outside small edits. Even the final days of my work on a certain large scale fangame when its bloated filesize was about the make its development engine pop like a zit weren't as prone to as many instability issues.

So I'm officially putting S_L_U_T_S up for adoption. Unless DocClox wishes to resume work on it. Wish I had happier news, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I guess I should just come out and confirm things for everyone: I probably won't be doing any major projects on Skyrim anytime soon. That includes continuing to work on S_L_U_T_S, sadly :(

To put it bluntly: trying to create advanced content for Skyrim has simply become too much of a headache for me to bear. Anyone that has worked with CK or its Papyrus scripts knows just how unstable both can be. It is especially bad for me, as for some reason both CK and the script system seem to hate my PC. For example if you've used my XDFF rule expansion mod you've probably noticed the dialog options only work when they feel like it. That's a very distinct bug that happens whenever I try to create a new dialog quest in CK on my PC. For some reason CK simply refuses to compile new quests correctly on my PC. S_L_U_T_S didn't suffer the same fate because I was building off the dialog quest objects already created by DocClox on his PC.

As for the script compiler, CK's internal script will often just decide it can't find the Property objects I've defined and refuse to compile. When it does this it is also nice enough to overwrite my script with a blanked out file, because fuck me, amrite? Thankfully I use an external compiler for most of my script tasks, but that just adds one more extra hurdle to my editing work. And one more landmine I have to remember not to step on. Also Papyrus has a nasty habit of refusing to acknowledge commands to change the values of integers I've defined, making attempts to add internal counters sometime impossible or at least requiring super clunky workarounds . I had to cut a few planned features from my XDFF mod due to that bug.

And don't get me started about the time S_L_U_T_S dialog trees just "forgot" the quest IDs they were linked to for no apparent reason, causing CK to violently crash if I tried to open them for editing. If it weren't for me figuring out how to manually fix them in TES5Edit that corruption bug would have killed the entire project as going back to the last uncorrupted build would have cost me weeks of work.

So basically trying to work with a system that constantly refuses to compile correctly, constantly ignores commands, and is prone to getting corrupted for no reason I've found working on Skyrim to be simply unbearable outside small edits. Even the final days of my work on a certain large scale fangame when its bloated filesize was about the make its development engine pop like a zit weren't as prone to as many instability issues.

So I'm officially putting S_L_U_T_S up for adoption. Unless DocClox wishes to resume work on it. Wish I had happier news, but it is what it is.

All things have to come to an end at some point.

Thank you for creating this and many other mods that made me enjoy the game!

Hopefully there's someone out there with enough interest to continue this.

Brother I feel your pain.

As for the script compiler, CK's internal script will often just decide it can't find the Property objects I've defined and refuse to compile. When it does this it is also nice enough to overwrite my script with a blanked out file, because fuck me, amrite? Thankfully I use an external compiler for most of my script tasks, but that just adds one more extra hurdle to my editing work.

I must admit, I do almost all my work now with a bash prompt, vim and a makefile to compile and install quests. It actually suits me better, old Unix hacker that I am.

Most of the rest, I do using zEdit if I possibly can. And I've been playing around with Python tools to generate code. The less I have to use the CK, the happier I find I am.

Well, I seem to have gone from doing nothing to having a mile long to-do list, but there are some things I'd like to try with S.L.U.T.S. Possibly not any time soon though, so if anyone else wants to take over, I'd be amenable.

What can I say? Thanks for looking after my problem child here. t was nice to see it get a second lease of life :)

On 4/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, DocClox said:

Brother I feel your pain.

I must admit, I do almost all my work now with a bash prompt, vim and a makefile to compile and install quests. It actually suits me better, old Unix hacker that I am.

Most of the rest, I do using zEdit if I possibly can. And I've been playing around with Python tools to generate code. The less I have to use the CK, the happier I find I am.

Well, I seem to have gone from doing nothing to having a mile long to-do list, but there are some things I'd like to try with S.L.U.T.S. Possibly not any time soon though, so if anyone else wants to take over, I'd be amenable.

What can I say? Thanks for looking after my problem child here. t was nice to see it get a second lease of life :)

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Hello, so I installed this mod, everything good, no crash or anything, when i start my first haul, i cant get the cart to move, I tryed detaching myself and going to the cart again and nothing, tried to reset cart phisics but nothing, even the hard reset. Am I doing something wrong or what?

On 4/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, 83ilotzent said:

where can I find that mod? where nazeem is the horse lol

I'll let you know if I ever get the Slaver's Spellbook version going where you can hook up slaves and ride the cart. Getting Nazeem in there is left as an exercise for the interested reader.

That said, don't hold your breath :) 

4 hours ago, videosxdfa5 said:

Hello, so I installed this mod, everything good, no crash or anything, when i start my first haul, i cant get the cart to move, I tryed detaching myself and going to the cart again and nothing, tried to reset cart phisics but nothing, even the hard reset. Am I doing something wrong or what?

Are you using the XPMSE skeleton?  The cart doesn't work without it.

7 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Are you using the XPMSE skeleton?  The cart doesn't work without it.

7 hours ago, videosxdfa5 said:

Well, I had XP32 original one, but i installed XPMSE, ran FNIS and loaded the game, waited for the menu to appear and everything, cart still not moving

You need to install HDT physics. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996 I had the same problem till I installed this and the cart worked fine.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:39 AM, DocClox said:

I'll let you know if I ever get the Slaver's Spellbook version going where you can hook up slaves and ride the cart. Getting Nazeem in there is left as an exercise for the interested reader.

That said, don't hold your breath :) 

No way, IF you can actually find a way to get the Slavers Spellbook to make slaves ride carts. THAT WOULD BE FUCKING INSANE! Please do.

I have a release I want to get out the door this weekend if at all possible.

After that, I might have a look. Physics problems aside, the problem with driving one of these is going to be steering, but I have a couple of ideas about that.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:46 AM, videosxdfa5 said:

I already have installed HDT physics. and to explain more my problem, the cart, when i use the hotkey to switch physics, it moves a bit, the only problem is that i cant move it myself.

already answered many times in both this and original mod thread, reposting below the following repeat

8 hours ago, glebbus13 said:

I'm having the issue with connecting to the cart as well. I have XPMSE from here 

I have latest HDT physics extensions from here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996 

FNIS is showing 115 bones, nothing is overwriting the skeleton.

Yet I am still unable to move the cart. Using the latest SLUTS version.

Please, can anyone give an advice.

Reveal hidden contents

FNIS.jpg.abf8a85d452e292c8b1d1dc6b4979d22.jpgMO1.jpg.0d8e4206a73d8dc8efffaf5e56bcadc6.jpgMO2.jpg.20f814ee9e93171a71f985c389f9c654.jpg

both of you read below:

On 4/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, S4WDU5T said:

mo users should follow this and put xpmse as priority files to overwrite everything else

manual install users and/or nmm users should reinstall xpmse

custom race users will need to copy all meshes from xpmse into the folder/s used by the custom race, refer to xpmse mcm when all this is completed

Hello guys, i m new to mod and i have some issues, when i get the car, i have no feets, they are invisible and i have aswell only handcuff and the stuff on head. Can u guys help me ? i have all the requirement, i dont hundestand :/

55 minutes ago, doois1 said:

Hello guys, i m new to mod and i have some issues, when i get the car, i have no feets, they are invisible and i have aswell only handcuff and the stuff on head. Can u guys help me ? i have all the requirement, i dont hundestand :/

your missing pony boots thats whats on the feet i think it was from 1 of the devices mods either assets expansion or intergration i think it was called

you could find the original sluts and copy paste the meshes and texture from there for the boots

9 hours ago, doois1 said:

i have all the requirement

Having Bodyslide is not the same as *running* Bodyslide, you have to be a bit proactive and use it to build the "invisible" parts you're not seeing, and also to fit them to your particular character's shape. There is no shortage of tutorials for how to build bodies and outfits in Bodyslide out there, it's not a difficult process, just something you need to do before many items will show up in the game :)