11 minutes ago, UnnamedGuy said:

Hey @dagobaking ,
I've downloaded 3ds max 2015, successfully exported a pose that works in game.
However, in the animation kit by Shadeanimator, I can't find a male rig, do you know where can I find one ? :smile:

You use the same rig for both genders. In ShadeAnimators rig, if I remember correctly, there is a male and female body already imported in. One is just made invisible. So, you should be able to turn off the female body and turn the male one on there.

You can also import a body to the scene. I don't recall from memory if there were any special steps to that. But, if I can do it in 3DS, anyone can. I think it just automatically connects to the skeleton. Or, asks if you want to connect it...

1 minute ago, dagobaking said:

You use the same rig for both genders. In ShadeAnimators rig, if I remember correctly, there is a male and female body already imported in. One is just made invisible. So, you should be able to turn off the female body and turn the male one on there.

You can also import a body to the scene. I don't recall from memory if there were any special steps to that. But, if I can do it in 3DS, anyone can. I think it just automatically connects to the skeleton. Or, asks if you want to connect it...

Right, I'm just a newb and got confused
Thanks a lot :smile:

26 minutes ago, UnnamedGuy said:

Hey @dagobaking ,
I've downloaded 3ds max 2015, successfully exported a pose that works in game.
However, in the animation kit by Shadeanimator, I can't find a male rig, do you know where can I find one ? :smile:

You dont need one. The rig is important, not the model. The skeletons keyframes will work on either male or female ingame without issue.

That said, someone around here has a two actor scene that contains both Nate and Nora models in it... not sure who though.

1 hour ago, UnnamedGuy said:

Right, I'm just a newb and got confused
Thanks a lot :smile:

In the world of modding, we are all always newbs and subjected to confusing situations.

57 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You dont need one. The rig is important, not the model. The skeletons keyframes will work on either male or female ingame without issue.

That said, someone around here has a two actor scene that contains both Nate and Nora models in it... not sure who though.

I have a scene set up like that. But, I'm not sure if it is ok to post? Want to make sure that I'm respecting ShadeAnimator's sourcing of his work...

14 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

In the world of modding, we are all always newbs and subjected to confusing situations.

I have a scene set up like that. But, I'm not sure if it is ok to post? Want to make sure that I'm respecting ShadeAnimator's sourcing of his work...

F4AK_Rig_Final_2_Actors? Yeah, I have the same one - dont recall whom I got it from though... so, like you, wont share it without permission. Perhaps it was Gamoholik or Vadar666. <shrugs - memory is shot right now>

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

F4AK_Rig_Final_2_Actors? Yeah, I have the same one - dont recall whom I got it from though... so, like you, wont share it without permission. Perhaps it was Gamoholik or Vadar666. <shrugs - memory is shot right now>

Mine is one that I put together. But, still, put together with Shades rigs. I just removed the helper stuff, other type of rig that I dont use, etc. to clean it up and then imported another rig/body. It should be fairly simple to recreate if I can do it!

5 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

One of the patches asks me to overwrite DongsOfFallout files.. Should i confirm?  Leito seem to have updated his animation file to support compatbility for Dongs Of Fallout with this mod.. what exactly was incompatible if you don't mind me asking? 

Yes. You still need that patch. It disables some of the scripts that come with DOF. If those don't get disabled, the body starts receiving competing morph commands and gets all messed up.

The compatibility that was added into Leito's mod are instructions in the XML that tell AAF what morph settings to use for each animation (angles basically).

I'm really sorry for being this dumb but i followed the instructions exactly  and for some reason i get these errors. I run Fallout 4 game version 1.10.75  and so i downloaded the version of  LLFP (V 16) to pertain to my game version. Same goes for F4SE, never got this error until now.  

I also completely uninstalled Fourplay beforehand, saved my game, quit and then installed AFF.  Any help would be appreciated, should i be downloading the latest LLFP (V 17) even though it's for the most recent game patch? Or is that not exactly the problem?  

879789.PNG

5656.PNG

15 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

I'm really sorry for being this dumb but i followed the instructions exactly  and for some reason i get these errors. I run Fallout 4 game version 1.10.75  and so i downloaded the version of  LLFP (V 16) to pertain to my game version. Same goes for F4SE, never got this error until now.  

I also completely uninstalled Fourplay beforehand, saved my game, quit and then installed AFF.  Any help would be appreciated, should i be downloading the latest LLFP (V 17) even though it's for the most recent game patch? Or is that not exactly the problem?  

879789.PNG

5656.PNG

I don't think that the latest versions of F4SE and LLFP will work with any version of the game except the latest. Can you update Fallout 4 to the latest?

If not, you can go into "Data>AAF>AAF_settings.xml" and change the minimum required release numbers for F4SE and LLFP to be the numbers that you have, for the game build you are running. It should work fine like that.

19 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I don't think that the latest versions of F4SE and LLFP will work with any version of the game except the latest. Can you update Fallout 4 to the latest?

If not, you can go into "Data>AAF>AAF_settings.xml" and change the minimum required release numbers for F4SE and LLFP to be the numbers that you have, for the game build you are running. It should work fine like that.

Works like charm! Editing the XML file did it..  Thank you.. Any way to disable gender restrictions? I'd like to be able to use the animations on MxM as well as MxF.. I really hope that's possible :smile:

3 hours ago, TheAfterLife said:

Works like charm! Editing the XML file did it..  Thank you.. Any way to disable gender restrictions? I'd like to be able to use the animations on MxM as well as MxF.. I really hope that's possible :smile:

Yes. Go into the animation data xml file from Leito's pack and delete the gender attributes from the animations (they will look like: gender="M"). Any animation that you delete those from will then allow any gender to populate that role.

8 minutes ago, rufgt said:

I was able to export my animation once, but then I tried again and got the same error.

Double check that the bone list is still there. You sometimes have to re-do that part.

17 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Yes. Go into the animation data xml file from Leito's pack and delete the gender attributes from the animations (they will look like: gender="M"). Any animation that you delete those from will then allow any gender to populate that role.

Double check that the bone list is still there. You sometimes have to re-do that part.

Got it working. I think I just had to click on the bones in the list. Trying to edit my animation now, but I can't move any parts. I checked the !biped layers and they aren't showing. I even hit the light bulb next to it but nothing happens.

18 minutes ago, rufgt said:

Got it working. I think I just had to click on the bones in the list. Trying to edit my animation now, but I can't move any parts. I checked the !biped layers and they aren't showing. I even hit the light bulb next to it but nothing happens.

Maybe start from a new file so everything is reset and animate from there? I thought you had this part working before?

41 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Maybe start from a new file so everything is reset and animate from there? I thought you had this part working before?

I clicked on CAT Bone and everything showed up. Didn't happen last time when I clicked on it. Sorry

Edit: Would you happen to know how to slow down an animation so that it's slower in-game?

1 hour ago, rufgt said:

I clicked on CAT Bone and everything showed up. Didn't happen last time when I clicked on it. Sorry

Edit: Would you happen to know how to slow down an animation so that it's slower in-game?

Slow down an existing animation? Or, within 3DSMax? That would just be adding more frames. There probably is a nifty way to add frames across an entire animation. But, I don't know that trick.

37 minutes ago, rufgt said:

Was thinking maybe this could be a transition animation for doggy.

Your browser does not support the HTML5 video tag.

F4Biped2.max - Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 - Student Version 4_18_2018 9_56_43 PM.mp4

Looks good!

Hi!  First, I want to thank you, dagobaking, for this awesome work you're doing!  I can't appreciate enough the talents that the modders here at the 'Lab bring to us non-talented types so that we can reaaaallly enjoy awesome stuff in our favorite games.  I'm SUPER new to Fallout 4, but not using mods in general (I played a massively modded Oblivion back in the day).

But, and I don't mean this to be offensive at all, this question is entirely clinical... Is it too early to attempt to use this mod instead of fourplay for gaming purposes?  I'm in the middle of a minor vacation and have some time for gaming.  But, soon, I'll have far less time for that as I'll be back to work.

Now, that being said, I have no talents like I say, I mean I've messed around with Daz studio and that's about it, but if you like I can try this out and offer some bug reporting?  

Currently I'm using (most of; not exactly) a huuuuuge mod compilation from the nexus:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556?tab=description as well as RSE, MCG, SEU, and the leito and crazy animations.  I could help with bug testing, but this should help you understand my gaming environment.  

Also, I do understand... If I do install this, I use this file, and the proxy, and NO basic fourplay framework mods right?  That is, I could install FP attributes or something as that is an additional mod, but if I use the proxy, fourplay itself must not be installed.  Is this right?

Lemme just finish, again, with a very sincere thank you for your work here to improve the adult gaming situation with Fallout 4!  I really can't thank people like you enough.

3 hours ago, merctime said:

Hi!  First, I want to thank you, dagobaking, for this awesome work you're doing!  I can't appreciate enough the talents that the modders here at the 'Lab bring to us non-talented types so that we can reaaaallly enjoy awesome stuff in our favorite games.  I'm SUPER new to Fallout 4, but not using mods in general (I played a massively modded Oblivion back in the day).

But, and I don't mean this to be offensive at all, this question is entirely clinical... Is it too early to attempt to use this mod instead of fourplay for gaming purposes?  I'm in the middle of a minor vacation and have some time for gaming.  But, soon, I'll have far less time for that as I'll be back to work.

Now, that being said, I have no talents like I say, I mean I've messed around with Daz studio and that's about it, but if you like I can try this out and offer some bug reporting?  

Currently I'm using (most of; not exactly) a huuuuuge mod compilation from the nexus:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556?tab=description as well as RSE, MCG, SEU, and the leito and crazy animations.  I could help with bug testing, but this should help you understand my gaming environment.  

Also, I do understand... If I do install this, I use this file, and the proxy, and NO basic fourplay framework mods right?  That is, I could install FP attributes or something as that is an additional mod, but if I use the proxy, fourplay itself must not be installed.  Is this right?

Lemme just finish, again, with a very sincere thank you for your work here to improve the adult gaming situation with Fallout 4!  I really can't thank people like you enough.

Thank you merctime. I appreciate the positivity. I'm working on a bug right now that has honestly been pretty demotivating. Maybe I'm spoiled from working with other languages. There is just so much about CK and Papyrus that is really bad. I'm sure that it's fine when you're in-house at Bethesda and the direct authors of this rats nest can tell you which order to call commands in for them to work as advertised. But, for modding blind out here, it really is a shitty slog sometimes.

/rant

I do think that it's too early to count on AAF for a full play-through. At least in the short term. There is currently a bug that causes NPCs to lose their AI after animation scenes. So, that is a pretty big problem. I'm sure that I will get it sorted out in the next day or two.

After that, it should be stable enough to use in the non-proxy aspects. In other words, running the wizard when you want to to start animations. Although I have fixed some bugs working with 4P mods, I think there are still some remaining. So, using the proxy and 4P dependent mods for a full play-through may or may not work out.

In any case, I do really need bug testing, info, ways to reproduce bugs detailed out. So, if you are up to that, it would be very helpful.

To answer your question, yes. If you install the proxy there is no reason to also install the fourplay framework.

Hmm, I tell you what.  I'm going to try and help report things to you.  I mean, it's only fair for what you are doing for us! But, please keep the following in mind that might limit my usefulness:

1- I'm extremely new to the game and lack location/event/gameplay knowledge at this time.

2- I'm using a huge amount of mods.  Hardly a clean testing environment.

3- code scares me worse than evil clown movies; my reports will lack professional detail due to my inability with coding.

Still, I've an idea that can at least negate problem 2.  I'll start up a new game under a new wryebash profile, following Joe Flashy's advice above and running only AAF and sex em up.  Or if it's better for you, I'll include RSE and/or MCG and their respective requirements, as I enjoy both, and am willing to try and find any specific bugs/incompatibilities that you direct as opposed to general bug hunting if you like (barring futa or m2m stuff which I detest; no offense to people who enjoy them).  

I guess I'm just asking you to advise me on what to set up and look for to help you best?

Some further questions, too, please:

I'll still need an animation set with those two mods, right?  And should I be looking for particular bugs, or just reporting any I find?  Also, I don't have the CK and have used a utility to block it's entry from showing in the game clients startup and esc menu.  Do I need to re-enable it in order to get to log files?  Where does fallout store log files, and are they all 'papyrus' or are there two types?  Which type of log file will benefit you the most?

Lastly, I'm pretty sure wryebash still offers profiles as a feature.  I hope it does, as that will make doing this a lot easier, particularly next week when I go back to only being able to game after a regular work schedule.

14 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Man you're such a great support..  Thanks for taking the time to improve this frame work and help someone like me out.. Just a question btw, can we swap actors during animations? 

6 hours ago, merctime said:

Hmm, I tell you what.  I'm going to try and help report things to you.  I mean, it's only fair for what you are doing for us! But, please keep the following in mind that might limit my usefulness:

1- I'm extremely new to the game and lack location/event/gameplay knowledge at this time.

2- I'm using a huge amount of mods.  Hardly a clean testing environment.

3- code scares me worse than evil clown movies; my reports will lack professional detail due to my inability with coding.

Still, I've an idea that can at least negate problem 2.  I'll start up a new game under a new wryebash profile, following Joe Flashy's advice above and running only AAF and sex em up.  Or if it's better for you, I'll include RSE and/or MCG and their respective requirements, as I enjoy both, and am willing to try and find any specific bugs/incompatibilities that you direct as opposed to general bug hunting if you like (barring futa or m2m stuff which I detest; no offense to people who enjoy them).  

I guess I'm just asking you to advise me on what to set up and look for to help you best?

Some further questions, too, please:

I'll still need an animation set with those two mods, right?  And should I be looking for particular bugs, or just reporting any I find?  Also, I don't have the CK and have used a utility to block it's entry from showing in the game clients startup and esc menu.  Do I need to re-enable it in order to get to log files?  Where does fallout store log files, and are they all 'papyrus' or are there two types?  Which type of log file will benefit you the most?

Lastly, I'm pretty sure wryebash still offers profiles as a feature.  I hope it does, as that will make doing this a lot easier, particularly next week when I go back to only being able to game after a regular work schedule.

You don't really have to have tech experience. I think that a smaller set of mods installed helps rule things out. But, the main thing is being able to describe how to recreate the bug every time. Sending a list of mods installed and a save game right at the point of the problem is ideal.

Yes. You would need an animation set installed to test. Any bugs are good to report. I'm not sure if CK is needed for log files. And I don't really find those all that helpful a lot of the times anyway. So, bugs can be reported without them. Besides, if you can help me recreate the problem, I can easily get logs of it.

15 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

Man you're such a great support..  Thanks for taking the time to improve this frame work and help someone like me out.. Just a question btw, can we swap actors during animations? 

There is not currently an option for swapping actors. I'll think about best ways to implement something like that...

FWIW, I do have a "switch" animation feature mostly done already. I'm just trying to knock out this bigger bug before releasing another build. I think people will like this feature, you can just arrow up and down during the animation and it quickly switches animations.

28 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

There is not currently an option for swapping actors. I'll think about best ways to implement something like that...

FWIW, I do have a "switch" animation feature mostly done already. I'm just trying to knock out this bigger bug before releasing another build. I think people will like this feature, you can just arrow up and down during the animation and it quickly switches animations.

I'm sure you'll figure something out :smile: No pressure! 
One more question, is the ESP that comes with Leito's animations pack required ? 

6 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

I'm sure you'll figure something out :smile: No pressure! 
One more question, is the ESP that comes with Leito's animations pack required ? 

It is required for using Leito's animations, yes. That is where the animations get linked to the game engine.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Great news! I want to thank you for your efforts in developing this! No pressure take the time you need...but remember...your mod is ESSENTIAL FOR THE FUTURE OF LOVERSLAB FALLOUT 4 :tongue::tongue::tongue: