Just a quick thought, I hope you can add a "Fade to black" or some default standing together animation for creatures that don't currently have animations?
Mods like Pregnancy etc could then read them as sex and someone might then be inspired to create even basic animations for them.

2 hours ago, rufgt said:

@dagobaking

I know you mentioned this in a previous post already, but how do I get 2 bodies in 3ds Max?

My 3DSMax skills are pretty limited. I think it took me half a day to make a 2 actor scene.

From what I remember, I first deleted some layers that I didn't need (helper layers, BIP_RIG, etc.). Then I just highlighted all layers, right-click, clone and then add suffix like "_Actor2".

4 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Just a quick thought, I hope you can add a "Fade to black" or some default standing together animation for creatures that don't currently have animations?
Mods like Pregnancy etc could then read them as sex and someone might then be inspired to create even basic animations for them.

I haven't worked on multiple race support yet. But, once that is in place, it should be really easy for someone to make a placeholder mod like that using AAF config files and a few (one?) animation.

2 minutes ago, rufgt said:

Hmm... Can't seem to figure out how to get the F4Biped actor to be horizontal. Every time I try to rotate the whole body it starts twisting out of control. Works fine with CAT though.

Is that on the ShadeAnimator rig or MaikCGs?

On the ShadeAnimator one, you could select the right node for that type of rotation in the layer panel. I don't remember which by memory. But, there are 2-3 top-level sounding nodes. Try each and one should allow transforming the whole body freely at once.

5 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Is that on the ShadeAnimator rig or MaikCGs?

On the ShadeAnimator one, you could select the right node for that type of rotation in the layer panel. I don't remember which by memory. But, there are 2-3 top-level sounding nodes. Try each and one should allow transforming the whole body freely at once.

Found it. It was a layer called "Bip"

Thanks, dago

1 hour ago, Relimera said:

hi

i hope someone can help me ...i try this framework and all is good i can select the actors the animation but then the animation doesnt work...both actors stand around an do nothing and nothing and nothing :smiley:

pls help

ScreenShot0.png

Quote from dagobaking from debug log

try to include helpful information in error messages when possible. If something isn't working right, the first thing to try is turning on the built in debug window. How to do that:

1. Open "Data>AAF>AAF_settings.xml" with a text editor like Sublime Text, Notepad++ or if you must, Notepad.
  2. Change the value attribute next to "debug_on" from "false" to "true".
  3. Save

Do this, run the mod, take a pic and post it

44 minutes ago, Relimera said:

yes aaf proxy and aaf dof patch isinstalled and no four play is installed

How many active plugins do you have?

I had the same proplem and after some tinkring I found out that if I have more than 150 active plugin AAF doesn't work. Doesn't matter what plugins. More than 150 AFF won't work for me. I have no idea why. Or is this just me or a common issue.

Check Nexus at the bottom righ.

Untitled.png

deactivate all plugins except Dlc's, unoffical patch, CBBE, Looks menu and AFF requierments and see if it works on a new game. If it works activate plugins 10 by 10 or 20 by 20 till AAF stops working again. Keep deactivating plugins one by one till you figure out what's stopping it or how many active plugins do you have. It could depend on how powerful the PC is. I have no idea really.

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you!

It should include a note about needing at least one animation pack to do anything. And it wouldn't hurt to include the usage instruction of pressing "HOME" to bring up the wizard. From there, I've tried to include UI instructions to guide players in game.

@jaam s FP Community F4SE Plugin usage terms:

I think that means it is ok to include in the package as Four Play does. But, want to make sure that is not "duplicating on this site"?

For DOF, AAF only needs the body nif and the json sliders. It doesn't need the esp or any scripts. So, a re-pack is preferable to the patch. Not sure if that is what ignotums version is?

I want to keep DOF and related patches separate from the AAF install for a few reasons. One, AAF can change morphs on any body with morphs. So, I want that to be clearly an open possibility for modders. If a body is packed with it, it may not be clear that it will work with anything but DOF. Second, AAF is technically not an adult mod by itself. I want to avoid packaging it with explicit content to keep that status in the hopes that modders with non-adult ideas will make use of it also. I plan on posting it at Nexus at some point.

It is a tough call regarding FP. A lot of people do seem to be unsure about whether or not they need FP installed. Since the proxy over-writes the main ways to connect to FP, it doesn't seem like it would cause harm to have it installed. But, not 100% sure about that and its never a good practice to have parts of mods installed that aren't doing anything. I almost think that the 4P proxy needs to be a separate fomod....?

You can include the DLL(s) if it makes your installation simpler and clearer, just make it obvious to your users that it will look to conflict with the Four Play installation.

ok i deactivate the most plugins and now it works  hell yeah :smile:  ill try now activate plugin for plugin to see what happens

so until i activate 122 plugins the mod works fine

after i activate 123 doesnt work again and its not important what plugin it is

i dont know why this happened

2 hours ago, Relimera said:

ok i deactivate the most plugins and now it works  hell yeah :smile:  ill try now activate plugin for plugin to see what happens

so until i activate 122 plugins the mod works fine

after i activate 123 doesnt work again and its not important what plugin it is

i dont know why this happened

That is really odd. I don't see how the number of plugins installed would have any effect.

I have seen the problem you describe in certain situations. It typically means that the player character did not successfully populate the ref alias for the travel quest. Usually, if you just go to a different area around different characters, it works normally. Is it possible that is what happened to you and it just seemed like it was related to the number of mods? Or, did you test in the exact same spot with same characters every time?

I would definitely be interested to hear from any CK/Papyrus gurus on how to make sure the PC populates an alias every time...

@dagobaking Here's a first version of an all-in-one installer.
it should do a good job selecting default options based on the mods the user has installed so most can simply hit next & install.
i'm not good at explanations so please go over the desciptions for each install option and correct them were needed.

i included an initial message if Four-Play has been found and the final notes you wanted, like how to use the mod in-game and that an animation pack has to be installed seperatly.

Took me a while to figure out the best way so i went from a rather complicted installer script to what it is now: modular.

This way the installer can be taken apart and options seperated out if needed w/o much hazzle.

Everyone is free to test the installer and report bugs or suggest changes to make it easier to use.

P.s.: The installer does NOT work with FOMM. Why one would use FOMM with FO4 is beyond me so i didn't make it compatible but if there's a need for compatibility then please let me know.

Download:
Moved here.

45 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

That is really odd. I don't see how the number of plugins installed would have any effect.

I'm really not an expert. Just trying to help.

I had the plugin limite proplem at 150. So I tried to a couple of compinations till I got it up to 158 by disabling Better locational damage.

It's not a compatiblity issue. BLD works with AFF At 150 plugin. Without BLD I can go up to 158. Could it be the number of scripts activated by mods? I have no Idea. I leave that to experts.

Anyway, Just wanted to say thank you so much for your work.

11 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you CGi. Will test it out.

FWIW, I think that I discovered the source of the actors-sometimes-not-starting-scenes bug. Kind of a face-palmer. Will work on a fix today.

No problem.

And btw: This problem was there in V22a as well but it was less consistent. And what does FWiW mean? Those abbreviations, man. They are killing me. -.-

And may i make a suggestion?

We don't have "real" F/F animations yet so a support for a dildo that allows using F/M animations for F/F would be nice. As it is now, we're heavily restricted.

i'm sure vioxsis wouldn't mind if you bundle her/his mod with AAF so we have a default loadout AAF can choose from at random.

And if you use a formlist AAF picks from at random, mod authors/modellers can easily add their creations to AAF.

33 minutes ago, SpinX said:

I had the plugin limite proplem at 150. So I tried to a couple of compinations till I got it up to 158 by disabling Better locational damage.

It's not a compatiblity issue. BLD works with AFF At 150 plugin. Without BLD I can go up to 158. Could it be the number of scripts activated by mods? I have no Idea. I leave that to experts.

You do not have to be an expert, just the fact you are trying to help is to be commended, sometimes a simple experience that someone had, can fix a major problem in a modded game. 

Wow post 666, lol

1 hour ago, SpinX said:

The max number of loadable plugins is 255 (254 because it's base 0 - Fallout4.ESM being the first plugin at index 0 - and the last index for the runtime-index).
if you use mods in ESL format, then the limit is the amount Forms (or simply spoken the records a plugin contains).

So if you can load more mods by disabling one then it's more likely a load order and/or compatibility problem. Most scripted mods are prone to cause this error and BLD is heavily scripted. From my experience i recommend to NOT use BLD because the long term damage it can do to the save game is a gamble.

1 hour ago, SpinX said:

Thank you. Any information helps.

Were you testing with the same characters and location every time?

It is possible that switching locations/characters for your tests caused it to work again. But, the timing of that maybe made it seem like it had to do with the number of plugins.

There IS a chance that plugin number has some influence. I never like to ignore any possibility with this type of troubleshooting. But, my hunch is that it is something else.

1 hour ago, CGi said:

No problem.

And btw: This problem was there in V22a as well but it was less consistent. And what does FWiW mean? Those abbreviations, man. They are killing me. -.-

And may i make a suggestion?

We don't have "real" F/F animations yet so a support for a dildo that allows using F/M animations for F/F would be nice. As it is now, we're heavily restricted.

i'm sure vioxsis wouldn't mind if you bundle her/his mod with AAF so we have a default loadout AAF can choose from at random.

And if you use a formlist AAF picks from at random, mod authors/modellers can easily add their creations to AAF.

Heh. FWIW = "For what it's worth".

I just finished a sort of band-aid fix for that getting-stuck bug. It now checks to see if the walking package is showing as broken and just skips to the animation if it is. You will not get to see the actors walking up to each other in that case. But, at least the animation should still work. I would really still like to fix the travel part so it never breaks.

I think it may have something to do with this note:

Use of this function causes actors in any current running scene in the quest to re-eval their packages. Calling this multiple times in a row can result in actors in running scenes to lose their scene package permanently and result in brokenness. Do not call this multiple times in a row while a scene is running in the quest whose alias you are forcing to.

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=ForceRefTo_-_ReferenceAlias

So, switching to some keyword based alias population may be the solution.

For the F/F solution you describe, everything is there for that to be built very easily right now. Here are the steps it would take:

1. Make an .esp with the equipment you want to add for those scenes.

2. Make a copy of Leito's animation and position xml files. Rename them and rename all of the id names so they don't conflict with the regular Leito pack. [and change the genders to all "F"]

3. Make a copy of the equipmentSet xml that comes with AAF. Rename it and make a configuration that adds the equipment from the esp.

4. Then put the id for the equipmentSet that adds the equipment in the default node of the new position xml as the "startEquipmentSet" attribute.

It probably sounds more complicated than it is. I would be happy to walk anyone through it. But, they need to provide the assets, make the esp, publish/maintain the mod, etc.