After killing the target on Quai's sidequest, there was no dialog or advancement. Again had to setstage until Quai had the correct dialog available.

Hidden a lot of spoiler detail:

Spoiler

On return to the outpost, similar problems occurred, and it was impossible to deliver Quai home without more setstages.

Then after completing the sidequest, the Molag quest was also stuck, and no amount of sleeping, training and eating would advance it.

Setstage advanced this to the "meet in the hall".

However, nobody except me arrived in the hall. Setstage made a character appear, but still no interaction. Setstage again made the character leave the hall and a meeting seemed to occur in the prison room, contradicting dialog/quest journal. The dialog about the ballroom seems to be referring to a later meeting, in the next quest.

After the meeting in the prison, go up, talk to Jez in her room, the quest works from there.

Return to the outpost works, but then quest stalls again. Talking to Jez after the intro, there's a weird "hitch", and Jez seems to freeze. Some odd script running there.

Debug messages about a cart to return keep scrolling past.

Quest does not advance. Setstage triggers the meeting in the ballroom, which seems to have been what was referred to in previous quest.

Ballroom meeting stalls, and must be setstaged.

Then MB arrives, again no progression.

Setstage has to be advanced multiple times.

The player is force-walked out of the room, and left stranded outside, with controls locked.

Further setstage walks the player back in again.

Still everything is stuck and nobody has anything but default dialogues.

From the console it's apparent cultists should be present, but they never showed up.

This is basically the default behaviour of the entire mod: required NPC does not show up to a quest stage, and everything stalls. Player has no idea who is missing.

A lot of the time the player is left with a journal entry that gives no clue what they should do to advance the stage, even if it seems to be working.

Debug messages saying that various "<name> is already used" scroll past.

MB gets put in wrong animations as the victim. Repeatedly. Over and over, MB is raped by the girls with strapons, baseball bats, etc.

MB has random inherited dialog, so he chats about owing you money and other utter nonsense.

Player is asked to follow orders, but orders are never given.

MB finally gets some dialog (previously had nothing at all), but it's just the regular "Want some pleasure?" and he responses with "Worshipping Molag Bal is so fun." This is the same dialog regular guests use.

Asking others about pleasure often results in "Lick my honey kitten," response, but then KomMachine table plays. KomMachine table plays a lot. I watched it about twelve times.

The baseball bat animation also plays repeatedly, again with MB, who doesn't seem right in that animation no matter which side he's on.

Chuul and Jezera end up invisible (HDT bug) after being snap-teleported to MB, though eventually I was able to track them down and fix them again with the console.

Several stages between MB wants to fuck me and the end of the sequence worked, but it locked up at the end again, and had to be finished with setstage.

Clearly, this sequence isn't working at all, in any way, and even setstage doesn't help.

Poor old DP just can't catch a break with the HDT bug. Either vital characters fail to be teleported in when they should be, or characters who were present are teleported needlessly (because they took too long to arrive in place for SexLab) and get made invisible by the HDT bug. Unlucky!

So, it feels like most, or maybe all of DP is over, and some issues are particularly consistent.

DP fails to properly progress quests for one of two reasons, in just about every instance.

1) Required NPCs are not present so scenes don't start.

2) You have to talk to an individual NPC, but when you talk to them, the necessary dialog is missing and you can't progress.

(1) is clearly happening because of problems with AI packages, that simply don't run when they should, and pathing.

Pathing is a massive problem, throughout pretty much every quest. Time and time again, characters walk into tables, or get lost going down a corridor, or stuck on a corner of an archway.

Travelling through doors is consistently and reliably broken. NPCs come out in the wrong place after traversing a door, very often, very frequently.

(2) is harder to explain. In some cases the conversation seems to require you to be in a certain place, and won't appear otherwise. As the NPCs are determined to stand in particular places, and the player cannot know where to teleport them to make things work (and shouldn't have to anyway), this is a consistent problem.

I suspect many other dialogs fail because they require you to be in the quest stage they are supposed to progress you to, and can never, ever show up - but that is just a guess.

Looking even deeper for root causes for this consistent pattern of repeating bugs, my guess is that there are again, two core issues:

(a) Poor workflow during development. Quest stages and their dialogs are not adequately planned, so stages have to be updated in conditions, and dialogs easily end up out of sync with the stages. Failure to check and test these conditions is also part of a flawed workflow that leads to avoidable mistakes. Haste at the start leads to bogging down in bugs at the end.

(b) Flawed technical underpinnings. For example, this entire mod relies on a very consistent pattern of manipulating NPC positions. More or less every quest is about meeting an NPC in a location and initiating a dialog. The NPCs move from place to place, and you have to follow them, or run back and forth between them. However, the code for getting NPCs from place to place simply doesn't do its job. It fails, in well over half the instances.

That code is not working and it needs a serious rethink.

If that one task of getting NPCs to the right place at the right time worked reliably, a huge number of the observed bugs would go away.

Also, trickier quest design could have made it so that the required NPCs can always be teleported, by ensuring that they are "off camera" while the PC is speaking to some other NPC. This would have greatly reduced the complexity of the problem that DP faces.

e.g.

Spoiler

Instead of talking to Jezera, and she then sends you and Weez to the prison, then you talk to Quai while Weez watches, then he is supposed to lead you back to Jezera, where a scene involving Quai, Weez, and Jezera is supposed to occur ...

Have the PC talk to Jezera in her room, making sure Weez is NOT THERE and out of sight before the scene starts. Port Weez to the prison as the PC gets mid-way through the dialog. The PC then has to go back to the prison alone, and finds Weez waiting ready.

Quai is artfully positioned down in the bath, so when you talk to her Weez can safely be ported back to Jezera. Then, you go back to talk to Jezera and Weez, without Quai.

While the PC is in a scene with Jezera and Weez, nailed down and controls disabled, Quai is ported into the next room and allowed to walk in via pathing. Hopefully she can make it that short distance in reliable time. Preferred pathing and properly tested, finalized navmeshes might help there.

In the above example, nothing is "lost", the same characters are in most of the same scenes, where they matter, but the requirement for the PC to constantly follow an NPC who cannot properly navigate the outpost is removed.

There are other touches that would help make everything seem like it's been done on purpose, with patience, love and attention, rather than creating the impression it was all produced after drinking twenty cups of coffee and staying up past 4am working in a frenzy until the exhausted modder falls unconscious at the keyboard with their nose on the space bar. I'm actually a little bit worried that Delazon may have made DP pretty much that way, and it can't be good for his health!

e.g. Use a global variable to toggle all the "default dialogs" on and off in important quest sections. When story is happening, default chats should be hidden.

Spoiler

When we are in the climactic sex scenes, we shouldn't have the option to chat to Quai about her "story", which we've already heard ten times anyway, and participated in the related side quest for.

Update some of the default dialogs as the mod progresses. When we do a character's side quest, the mod should acknowledge it with dialog changes on them and Jezera. It doesn't need to be a novel, but a single line would be something.

Give Jezera some actual default dialog. Right now she's mostly "Uh huh? Need something? Can I help you?" as she spends her entire life at the alchemy table. God forbid you ever got her as an SD+ master, as she would make anyone hit the Pray to Sanguine button.

When the mod promises things, it should follow up. Repeatedly, the mod (via Jezera) promises it will find a way to make you a "pet", but that's clearly not what happens. If you can't follow up, don't promise it, instead do things to make the player look forward to the stuff the mod actually delivers.

The final ball probably would have been pretty good, if it had worked, and the cultists had shown up, and the animations were appropriate, and the dialog was more varied, and more relevant. The music was good, the visuals were good, but nobody was in the right place at the right time, and nobody had anything even remotely interesting to say - when they had anything to say at all.

If everything in DP worked smoothly, the animations always played right, the characters were in the right places at the right times, the quest journal was always on-point, and the dialog was tidied up to the point where it's legitimately in English, it would be a fun sort of quest. Not great, but people would enjoy and appreciate it.

But to get to the next level, it needs to do a bit more. Not a lot more, just a bit. Personally, I'd say time is better spent doing that than starting yet another mod.

What might elevate it?

Spoiler

i) something else to do in the outpost besides trigger sex animations you see plenty of elsewhere.

ii) dialog that recognises your achievements at each stage, and commemorates what you've done.

iii) more dialog options on the girls, that change as the mod progresses instead of staying very rigid.

iv) filler tasks to complete outside the outpost *between* working there. "Before you come back, I need you to get me a <thing>." or "Before you come back, please deliver this <thing> to <person>." This would make the player more eager to return to the outpost.

v) a conflict between the girls that you help resolve.

vi) a relationship between the player and Jezera that feels like it changes somehow as you progress the story.

Finally, a "slavery" mod with no slavery, no devices, no punishments, no rewards other than cash certainly isn't a slavery mod.

If the aim is to make a prostitution mod, then play it that way all the time and do away with the "pet" stuff.

Instead, create a bookend quest where the player must raise some absolutely absurd amount of money to save or help somebody in peril, and working for Jezera is the only way to do it.

But to constantly tease us with the idea of a dominant-submissive relationship, then not deliver... It's a little disappointing, and a lot frustrating.

It's one thing to say "I want this to be different to TitD", that's fine, but the vision here is muddy. There are good things in this mod, and it could do more to emphasise them, instead of foreshadowing content it doesn't have.

I love Delazon because he makes the sort of mods I want to play. He has characters I want to see, and stories that promise big things. He has great ideas, and huge ambitions.

But I hate it when that story I wanted to enjoy so much is just a succession of bugs and setstages, and the dialog is kind of ... and then the big things that were promised don't arrive, or if they do, they feel small because the constant problems destroy any sense of story.

It seems sad, because he has done so much. If any one of his mods were genuinely finished, it would be a legend.

On 11/23/2018 at 4:27 PM, Lupine00 said:

With aDP3_Begin, I progressed as follows in a third attempt:

setstage 160 - sex scene played but no way to advance after

setstage 200 - again, it didn't progress properly. Was asked to talk to Veez, but he had no dialog for me.

setstage 210 - things started working again here, and exhibition proceeded normally.

The animation played, though it seemed to be cut a bit short. It ran longer when I saw it before.

Bugs to Fix...

adp3_begin 160 : go to bed. I'll add this in the quest journal.

200 : dialogue corrupted : it need a replacement.

After that, all ran smoothly (that is to say, still oddities with quest journal, and all the underlying quirks like pathing etc) until part way into next quest.

That was fine until the animation for the "hounds", which did not play.

I works for me... Anna should mate with an hound too...

It progressed after that to another side quest, and I picked Quai, because I know the experiment jams up.

Quai experiment slightly spoiled by being asked to go meet her, as if she's still in the outpost, when actually she is ... elsewhere in Skyrim.

Not a technical issue, but the dialog could have been clearer on this, and the quest journal could have also hinted at it.

Quai is in the bannered mare.

When following Alyssa, she has the same problem as other NPCs going through doors. You follow her through, hot on her heels, but she's gone.

I caught up with her in the barracks, behind two closed doors.

The scene is not perfect... You and ALysse are supposed to gangbang with the guards (so Quai get time to inspect Caius home...)

Similar issues following Quai out of the inn - Quai vanished, I caught up with her at the stables.

She stuck (possibly a pathing problem) around where Nazeem got really interested in staring at Pelagia farm.

Teleporting her very short distances to me unstuck her.

While I have some mods that alter Whiterun area, nothing alters the area where they get stuck, and NPCs from vanilla, and other mods, and guards, all path normally there.

She runs everywhere with her weapon out, as if she's stuck in combat.

Inside the cave, I soon lost track of her in the dark and didn't find her again until I got to the bandit boss. She killed a lot of the bandits, but magically teleported past a lot too.

She should probably follow the player more normally once inside the cave, and communicate her wants via dialog. As it is, she just runs off and you lose her. Maybe not in vanilla, but with my ENB those caves are DARK, and all I have is a little candlelight spell to see by.

Yeah, that part is not so good.... I should invert the role (Quai will follow you, so you can't lost her), and add more dialogues about Quai past... it's a revenge quest here.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:37 AM, Lupine00 said:

After killing the target on Quai's sidequest, there was no dialog or advancement. Again had to setstage until Quai had the correct dialog available.

Hidden a lot of spoiler detail:

Hide contents

On return to the outpost, similar problems occurred, and it was impossible to deliver Quai home without more setstages.

Then after completing the sidequest, the Molag quest was also stuck, and no amount of sleeping, training and eating would advance it.

Setstage advanced this to the "meet in the hall".

However, nobody except me arrived in the hall. Setstage made a character appear, but still no interaction. Setstage again made the character leave the hall and a meeting seemed to occur in the prison room, contradicting dialog/quest journal. The dialog about the ballroom seems to be referring to a later meeting, in the next quest.

After the meeting in the prison, go up, talk to Jez in her room, the quest works from there.

Return to the outpost works, but then quest stalls again. Talking to Jez after the intro, there's a weird "hitch", and Jez seems to freeze. Some odd script running there.

Debug messages about a cart to return keep scrolling past.

Quest does not advance. Setstage triggers the meeting in the ballroom, which seems to have been what was referred to in previous quest.

Ballroom meeting stalls, and must be setstaged.

Then MB arrives, again no progression.

Setstage has to be advanced multiple times.

The player is force-walked out of the room, and left stranded outside, with controls locked.

Further setstage walks the player back in again.

Still everything is stuck and nobody has anything but default dialogues.

From the console it's apparent cultists should be present, but they never showed up.

This is basically the default behaviour of the entire mod: required NPC does not show up to a quest stage, and everything stalls. Player has no idea who is missing.

A lot of the time the player is left with a journal entry that gives no clue what they should do to advance the stage, even if it seems to be working.

Debug messages saying that various "<name> is already used" scroll past.

MB gets put in wrong animations as the victim. Repeatedly. Over and over, MB is raped by the girls with strapons, baseball bats, etc.

MB has random inherited dialog, so he chats about owing you money and other utter nonsense.

Player is asked to follow orders, but orders are never given.

MB finally gets some dialog (previously had nothing at all), but it's just the regular "Want some pleasure?" and he responses with "Worshipping Molag Bal is so fun." This is the same dialog regular guests use.

Asking others about pleasure often results in "Lick my honey kitten," response, but then KomMachine table plays. KomMachine table plays a lot. I watched it about twelve times.

The baseball bat animation also plays repeatedly, again with MB, who doesn't seem right in that animation no matter which side he's on.

Chuul and Jezera end up invisible (HDT bug) after being snap-teleported to MB, though eventually I was able to track them down and fix them again with the console.

Several stages between MB wants to fuck me and the end of the sequence worked, but it locked up at the end again, and had to be finished with setstage.

Clearly, this sequence isn't working at all, in any way, and even setstage doesn't help.

Poor old DP just can't catch a break with the HDT bug. Either vital characters fail to be teleported in when they should be, or characters who were present are teleported needlessly (because they took too long to arrive in place for SexLab) and get made invisible by the HDT bug. Unlucky!

So, it feels like most, or maybe all of DP is over, and some issues are particularly consistent.

DP fails to properly progress quests for one of two reasons, in just about every instance.

1) Required NPCs are not present so scenes don't start.

2) You have to talk to an individual NPC, but when you talk to them, the necessary dialog is missing and you can't progress.

(1) is clearly happening because of problems with AI packages, that simply don't run when they should, and pathing.

Pathing is a massive problem, throughout pretty much every quest. Time and time again, characters walk into tables, or get lost going down a corridor, or stuck on a corner of an archway.

I reworked the small world... so the caslte is not anymore an outpost, but a true vampiric castle... it need a complete refreshement, so a complete navmeshes redone. I hope it will solve the problem.

I think to base the castle Senghit (it's the name of the castle now) on Volkihar one, and maybe adding servants, and a real salon for the guests... and a prison, and a nicer pets quarter.

Travelling through doors is consistently and reliably broken. NPCs come out in the wrong place after traversing a door, very often, very frequently.

It's due to the doors separators... player and NPCs doesn't like them...

(2) is harder to explain. In some cases the conversation seems to require you to be in a certain place, and won't appear otherwise. As the NPCs are determined to stand in particular places, and the player cannot know where to teleport them to make things work (and shouldn't have to anyway), this is a consistent problem.

I suspect many other dialogs fail because they require you to be in the quest stage they are supposed to progress you to, and can never, ever show up - but that is just a guess.

Looking even deeper for root causes for this consistent pattern of repeating bugs, my guess is that there are again, two core issues:

(a) Poor workflow during development. Quest stages and their dialogs are not adequately planned, so stages have to be updated in conditions, and dialogs easily end up out of sync with the stages. Failure to check and test these conditions is also part of a flawed workflow that leads to avoidable mistakes. Haste at the start leads to bogging down in bugs at the end.

(b) Flawed technical underpinnings. For example, this entire mod relies on a very consistent pattern of manipulating NPC positions. More or less every quest is about meeting an NPC in a location and initiating a dialog. The NPCs move from place to place, and you have to follow them, or run back and forth between them. However, the code for getting NPCs from place to place simply doesn't do its job. It fails, in well over half the instances.

That code is not working and it needs a serious rethink.

If that one task of getting NPCs to the right place at the right time worked reliably, a huge number of the observed bugs would go away.

Also, trickier quest design could have made it so that the required NPCs can always be teleported, by ensuring that they are "off camera" while the PC is speaking to some other NPC. This would have greatly reduced the complexity of the problem that DP faces.

This is scenario rebuilting.... the major content of DP is now implemented, so I could spend time on polishing.

e.g.

Hide contents

There are other touches that would help make everything seem like it's been done on purpose, with patience, love and attention, rather than creating the impression it was all produced after drinking twenty cups of coffee and staying up past 4am working in a frenzy until the exhausted modder falls unconscious at the keyboard with their nose on the space bar. I'm actually a little bit worried that Delazon may have made DP pretty much that way, and it can't be good for his health!

e.g. Use a global variable to toggle all the "default dialogs" on and off in important quest sections. When story is happening, default chats should be hidden.

Hide contents

When we are in the climactic sex scenes, we shouldn't have the option to chat to Quai about her "story", which we've already heard ten times anyway, and participated in the related side quest for.

Update some of the default dialogs as the mod progresses. When we do a character's side quest, the mod should acknowledge it with dialog changes on them and Jezera. It doesn't need to be a novel, but a single line would be something.

Give Jezera some actual default dialog. Right now she's mostly "Uh huh? Need something? Can I help you?" as she spends her entire life at the alchemy table. God forbid you ever got her as an SD+ master, as she would make anyone hit the Pray to Sanguine button.

When the mod promises things, it should follow up. Repeatedly, the mod (via Jezera) promises it will find a way to make you a "pet", but that's clearly not what happens. If you can't follow up, don't promise it, instead do things to make the player look forward to the stuff the mod actually delivers.

The final ball probably would have been pretty good, if it had worked, and the cultists had shown up, and the animations were appropriate, and the dialog was more varied, and more relevant. The music was good, the visuals were good, but nobody was in the right place at the right time, and nobody had anything even remotely interesting to say - when they had anything to say at all.

If everything in DP worked smoothly, the animations always played right, the characters were in the right places at the right times, the quest journal was always on-point, and the dialog was tidied up to the point where it's legitimately in English, it would be a fun sort of quest. Not great, but people would enjoy and appreciate it.

But to get to the next level, it needs to do a bit more. Not a lot more, just a bit. Personally, I'd say time is better spent doing that than starting yet another mod.

What might elevate it?

Hum... I spent already almost all my free time on coding... it's also participate to my depression...

And I have NMM and a dwemer project to code too !

I put TID in boxes for now, until the others are not finished...

Hide contents

i) something else to do in the outpost besides trigger sex animations you see plenty of elsewhere.

ii) dialog that recognises your achievements at each stage, and commemorates what you've done.

iii) more dialog options on the girls, that change as the mod progresses instead of staying very rigid.

iv) filler tasks to complete outside the outpost *between* working there. "Before you come back, I need you to get me a <thing>." or "Before you come back, please deliver this <thing> to <person>." This would make the player more eager to return to the outpost.

v) a conflict between the girls that you help resolve.

vi) a relationship between the player and Jezera that feels like it changes somehow as you progress the story.

Finally, a "slavery" mod with no slavery, no devices, no punishments, no rewards other than cash certainly isn't a slavery mod.

If the aim is to make a prostitution mod, then play it that way all the time and do away with the "pet" stuff.

Instead, create a bookend quest where the player must raise some absolutely absurd amount of money to save or help somebody in peril, and working for Jezera is the only way to do it.

But to constantly tease us with the idea of a dominant-submissive relationship, then not deliver... It's a little disappointing, and a lot frustrating.

It's one thing to say "I want this to be different to TitD", that's fine, but the vision here is muddy. There are good things in this mod, and it could do more to emphasise them, instead of foreshadowing content it doesn't have.

I love Delazon because he makes the sort of mods I want to play. He has characters I want to see, and stories that promise big things. He has great ideas, and huge ambitions.

But I hate it when that story I wanted to enjoy so much is just a succession of bugs and setstages, and the dialog is kind of ... and then the big things that were promised don't arrive, or if they do, they feel small because the constant problems destroy any sense of story.

It seems sad, because he has done so much. If any one of his mods were genuinely finished, it would be a legend.

?

What different answer I could say ?...

I make the best I can, with my time and capacities...

Basically, Deadly Pleasures was just a mod designed to trigger komotor animations... after a time, we decided to make something original, and I continued to develop the stuff in that way.

My priority was to implement the mod major content, and make it functionnable. The mod evoluate (I already take count of your remarks, and moved the intro into solitude. More, I modified the small world, and it's a castle now, not an oupost...)

• 4 weeks later...

I went back to use the MO profile with DP in it for some further play...

Turns out that DP has broken my ability to use alchemy tables and enchanting tables!

e.g.

DP.esp and mod installed, any save with DP in ... tables broken ... PC starts to use table, brings up menu then immediately backs out of it, exiting crafting.

You cannot do alchemy or enchanting!

However...

Same profile, DP mod disabled in MO (KomAnims still in), reload old save from before DP added ... alchemy and enchanting working as normal.

The only mod being added or removed is DP, at the very end of the LO.

How on earth it's done this, I can only guess... Running a contentious script on activating anything?

Can anyone else reproduce?

On 12/25/2018 at 12:45 AM, Lupine00 said:

I went back to use the MO profile with DP in it for some further play...

Turns out that DP has broken my ability to use alchemy tables and enchanting tables!

e.g.

DP.esp and mod installed, any save with DP in ... tables broken ... PC starts to use table, brings up menu then immediately backs out of it, exiting crafting.

You cannot do alchemy or enchanting!

However...

Same profile, DP mod disabled in MO (KomAnims still in), reload old save from before DP added ... alchemy and enchanting working as normal.

The only mod being added or removed is DP, at the very end of the LO.

How on earth it's done this, I can only guess... Running a contentious script on activating anything?

Can anyone else reproduce?

It's an animation problem.

It's happen when player controls are desactivated and play an animation, like sitting or something else.

Whne control come back, the problem can happen. It happened in AFS, it's why I avoid to disable player controls.

5 hours ago, Delzaron said:

It's happen when player controls are desactivated and play an animation, like sitting or something else.

Whne control come back, the problem can happen. It happened in AFS, it's why I avoid to disable player controls.

Seems to happen for me with DP too. As soon as I get rid of DP, it doesn't happen.

18 hours ago, Delzaron said:

when exactly ? which quest ?

It seems that simply having DP in my LO is enough. Don't need to do any quests.

DP was last in the order.

I checked various saves, and all saves with DP in that I checked had the problem. Including the very first save, where I hadn't started any of DP.

I disabled the DP ESP and checked the save prior to installation of DP, and problem didn't occur.

Re-enabled DP ESP, loaded the same save ... from just prior to original DP installation, and problem is present.

Perhaps it's related to number of animations. Adding KomAnim pushed the limits of regular FNIS (not using XXL), and as noted before, I had some issues with SexLab trying to play your machine scenes, for some animations. Yet ... other animations from Kom were fine.

As you didn't give me the names of the ones that weren't working, I didn't get to testing them in matchmaker.

I'm aware that if you put too many animations in SL, even if SLAL is fine with it, SL is not, and they don't play. However, I believe I was below 300. Close though. I think it was 294 or something.

I nuked that profile after I found that DP had broken the alchemy animations, because it was no use to me like that, so I can't do any further tests.

I'd been planning to continue playing the character I used to play DP, but that turned out not to be an option.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It seems that simply having DP in my LO is enough. Don't need to do any quests.

DP was last in the order.

I checked various saves, and all saves with DP in that I checked had the problem. Including the very first save, where I hadn't started any of DP.

I disabled the DP ESP and checked the save prior to installation of DP, and problem didn't occur.

Re-enabled DP ESP, loaded the same save ... from just prior to original DP installation, and problem is present.

Perhaps it's related to number of animations. Adding KomAnim pushed the limits of regular FNIS (not using XXL), and as noted before, I had some issues with SexLab trying to play your machine scenes, for some animations. Yet ... other animations from Kom were fine.

As you didn't give me the names of the ones that weren't working, I didn't get to testing them in matchmaker.

I'm aware that if you put too many animations in SL, even if SLAL is fine with it, SL is not, and they don't play. However, I believe I was below 300. Close though. I think it was 294 or something.

I nuked that profile after I found that DP had broken the alchemy animations, because it was no use to me like that, so I can't do any further tests.

I'd been planning to continue playing the character I used to play DP, but that turned out not to be an option.

You met the alchemy animation breaking problem too ?

When it happen exactly ?

I don't use the most recent kom packs, so I can't answer your question for the most recent animations.

16 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

When it happen exactly ?

It was apparently present, from the instant I first loaded the DP ESP, and even with the KomAnim packs and FNIS, not having the DP ESP fixed the problem.

So the DP ESP has to be connected to it somehow.

On using any alchemy table, it would go into the table, bring up the alchemy menu, then immediately back out of the table, as if I'd selected quit alchemy.

I tried this on numerous tables, in different places. One table I didn't try, is the one in the DP castle. I didn't really have any alchemy ingredients while enslaved there.

So, for the Kom anims that didn't play during the quest. It's possible that the pack I had used different names for them?

Certain ones never played. They were intended for exhibitions. I can't recall which now, but my old posts do say which ones.

They didn't work in training either, but training was pretty much non-functional for me anyway, and only worked erratically, even for devices that would play their animations properly in other situations. And the dildo one, never worked and would hang the quest, except one time, when it was the special introductory version.

23 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

It was apparently present, from the instant I first loaded the DP ESP, and even with the KomAnim packs and FNIS, not having the DP ESP fixed the problem.

So the DP ESP has to be connected to it somehow.

On using any alchemy table, it would go into the table, bring up the alchemy menu, then immediately back out of the table, as if I'd selected quit alchemy.

I tried this on numerous tables, in different places. One table I didn't try, is the one in the DP castle. I didn't really have any alchemy ingredients while enslaved there.

So, for the Kom anims that didn't play during the quest. It's possible that the pack I had used different names for them?

Certain ones never played, for exhibitions. I can't recall which now, but my old posts do say which ones.

Try other furnitures, like enchanting table,s or seats...

If it's the problem I expect, you'll see the same behavior.

Any animators here have all paid content, and I'm still one who offer lot of things for free.
You can still download my free version on my server who work fine with this mod.
However on my server I quickly ban people who prefer complain than open their eyes...

9 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Them saying things like that Komotor, means they WANT your animations, otherwise they wouldn't give a darn. ;)

The purpose of that mod is to provide a quest contest for Komotor animations.

As Komotor said, his public pack is enough for most of this mod animations.

All animators here have a patreon account. Making animations is an hard work which requires expertise in blender or 3dsmax... it's maybe the same for quests mod : 1/2hour of code for a 2 minutes quest...

7 hours ago, Sunaq said:

I installed the mod, I can't find anything in the game, how to start the quest, in which city should I start? Which ladder to follow ...?

Solitude.

Talk to an inn keeper.

You'll find a new caveon the road between dragonbridge and morthal

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 10:22 PM, alternateaccounts said:

how the hell are you supposed to download komotor nowadays? Looks like hes actually expecting people to pay for skyrim animations? If I were the SLAL author I would ban him from using the framework, Sexlab too.

Komotor makes older packs downloadable, but it's slightly awkward to find the download link for it.

There is a link on an LL page, but for whatever reason it's not easy to find in searches. Though it's where it should be, and has all the appropriate tags.

You can also get there from the Patreon "Overview" page. It's not on the "Posts" page, so that can be confusing.

I think it's this last part that is leading to disappointment, and possibly bitterness from people going to the Patreon site, and coming away thinking there's nothing but locked patron posts.

The free content could be made a little easier to find - people can easily get the mistaken impression that it doesn't exist, or is some kind of bait and switch.

You can find the LL page for it here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2897-slal-komotors-animations/

On 1/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, Lupine00 said:

Komotor makes older packs downloadable, but it's slightly awkward to find the download link for it.

There is a link on an LL page, but for whatever reason it's not easy to find in searches. Though it's where it should be, and has all the appropriate tags.

You can also get there from the Patreon "Overview" page. It's not on the "Posts" page, so that can be confusing.

I think it's this last part that is leading to disappointment, and possibly bitterness from people going to the Patreon site, and coming away thinking there's nothing but locked patron posts.

The free content could be made a little easier to find - people can easily get the mistaken impression that it doesn't exist, or is some kind of bait and switch.

You can find the LL page for it here:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2897-slal-komotors-animations/

I made a precision... You need T2 pack from Komotor for playing all the animations.

For details, you need to talk to him.

Sorry for the late, I was very busy with my real life events (And i still have exams to prepare)

I just uploaded the version 0.3bis.

After finishing my current commissions and release the new version of NMM, I'll work back on DP.

11 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I made a precision... You need T2 pack from Komotor for playing all the animations.

Is that why some animations didn't play for me when I was using SLALKomAnim_2.0+ along with SLALKomAnim2.0+_fix ?

I have no idea what the "T2" pack is, or where you would get it.

Is it free? And do you have a link?

Oh, I get it now. T2 means you have to buy tier 2 on Patreon...

Don't you think you should make that CRYSTAL CLEAR on the front page of DP?

Because what you say right now in requirements is just this: "Komotor animations of course !"

You do not say which animation pack. You do not say TIER 2 Patreon contributor only animations.

As it is, people might just naturally assume that when you say it needs Komotor animations, and you've hosted your mod on LL, that it would run with the Komotor animations hosted on LL?

Maybe if you put DP behind a paywall on Patreon, people would be more likely expect it to use animations that are behind a paywall on Patreon.

It's not like you are even driving contributions with this.

If people don't even know they need the paid animations, and not the free ones, they aren't going to go and get them, they're just going to be baffled and frustrated when half of the sex-scenes don't work properly and the mod appears broken.