SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

2 hours ago, MilfSimmer said:

So I have an issue with the animations maybe someone else dealt with, SL animations load the positions the characters on the spot but for some reason sometimes only 1 character plays the animation and the other just stands and sometimes both just stand. Anyone know what is causing this ?(editado)

I used Elephant's Latency test to check if my build maybe was to heavy scripted but I'm at 90ms while the most optimal latency is 80ms and what is considered "high latency" is around 120 - 140ms

That's one of the oldest SexLab issues and the case where the issue is just with the player should be fixed for the next version. 

When some or all the Actors don't play the Animation but you change the Animation and start working is because the Animation is not registered on FNIS or some Animation file are missing.

7 minutes ago, blueowlpso2 said:

I echo this message

As has been mentioned several times in the last few pages the current version works with SKSE 2.0.19.

To be certain that another mod is not providing incompatible files install the standalone version of PapyrusUtil SE from Nexus and make sure it overrides everything.

5 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

As has been mentioned several times in the last few pages the current version works with SKSE 2.0.19.

To be certain that another mod is not providing incompatible files install the standalone version of PapyrusUtil SE from Nexus and make sure it overrides everything.

*has PapyrusUtil SE; has it overriding everything; went through every mod and has come up with the same conclusion* yeah, ok. Whatever you say boomer. Everything runs good so far, except when it tries to execute any sex related animation, which ends up in crashing the game. I went through FNIS several times, found there was nothing wrong with it. I went through everything, only to see it crashing with sexlabs by itself. So while it does "work" with SKSE2.0.19, if you are having to repeat yourself over and over, wouldn't that mean that there is actually something wrong and it may need an update?

Edit: I should also note, that the animation mod i have is working fine, it has animations outside of sex that are working. And whenever I go to "Rebuild and clean" option on sexlab, it crashes.

3 hours ago, blueowlpso2 said:

*has PapyrusUtil SE; has it overriding everything; went through every mod and has come up with the same conclusion* yeah, ok. Whatever you say boomer. Everything runs good so far, except when it tries to execute any sex related animation, which ends up in crashing the game. I went through FNIS several times, found there was nothing wrong with it. I went through everything, only to see it crashing with sexlabs by itself. So while it does "work" with SKSE2.0.19, if you are having to repeat yourself over and over, wouldn't that mean that there is actually something wrong and it may need an update?

Edit: I should also note, that the animation mod i have is working fine, it has animations outside of sex that are working. And whenever I go to "Rebuild and clean" option on sexlab, it crashes.

If you're having issues with 2.0.19 just downgrade to 2.0.17. Lots of people have no issues with 2.0.19, myself included so it's probably a mod incompatibility.

The current version works fine with 2.0.19. This is a fact, and not up for debate. If you have an issue with current SKSE, it is 100% unquestionably user error. 

You have something including an outdated version of the plugin, be it SexLabUtil.dll or PapyrusUtil.dll, or some other unrelated outdated plugin that is causing a cascade of errors. This is the truth. This is how fucking dll plugin version checking works. There is no room for error here. It works fine.

Fix/update your shit and follow directions if you think SexLabUtil.dll or PapyrusUtil.dll are incompatible. Because they are.

And/or, stop using Vortex/NMM and use MO2 instead. It's much, much, easier and straight forward to make sure nothing is overwriting the up to date plugins with MO2. Fuck anything that isn't MO2, you are doing it wrong if using anything else at this point. And that's a fact, not an opinion. 

I should note, that while the GitHub version does have many changes over the current beta release, largely thanks to @osmelmc patching in some of their plugins functionality directly into the framework. Some of it is only "temporarily included" due to how the git merges worked out by including everything. Stuff such as the dd/zaz animation filtering and some of the gender handling changes are going to be reverted/removed in the final version. 

3 hours ago, Ashal said:

Fix/update your shit and follow directions if you think SexLabUtil.dll or PapyrusUtil.dll are incompatible. Because they are.

Everything is up to date, ran ROOT, did everything I can... I'm just going to downgrade at this point. Thanks for the helpful tips including to point out that it is 100% my fault. 

19 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Don't tease me...

Wait- tease me, I like it! :classic_heart:

Is done but still need @Ashal check and marge the GitHub Pull request. 

When you finally test it enable the "Restrict Strapon Use" option and Tag as "Straight" the animations that you want to exclude using SLATE or the "Toggle Animations" page options on the SexLab MCM and let me know.

10 hours ago, blueowlpso2 said:

Whatever you say boomer.

How incredibly rude. SexLab (with the latest PapyrusUtil SE) works (almost) perfectly for thousands of us. Clearly, the problem is in your installation. Please stop blaming SexLab for your personal problems. :classic_angry:

1 hour ago, osmelmc said:

Is done but still need @Ashal check and marge the GitHub Pull request. 

When you finally test it enable the "Restrict Strapon Use" option and Tag as "Straight" the animations that you want to exclude using SLATE or the "Toggle Animations" page options on the SexLab MCM and let me know.

I'll keep checking GitHub and will install and test as soon as a new build is available. Thank you for fixing my pet peeve!!!! :classic_heart:

23 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

How incredibly rude. SexLab (with the latest PapyrusUtil SE) works (almost) perfectly for thousands of us. Clearly, the problem is in your installation. Please stop blaming SexLab for your personal problems. :classic_angry:

First off, while I am rude, others are being rude to me also. So thanks everyone. 

Second, everything IS the latest. And I have followed what has been told to me to do... even MO2 from Ashal tiny script. Still resulting to the same conclusion. Everything indicates that it something with Sexlab, even the function Rebuild and Clean crashes my game...a function tied to Sexlab itself. Yet other mods that run through it, like SLEN, works fine. PapyrusUtil is overriding everything.  So I'm frustrated 

34 minutes ago, Psycho_Bill said:

got a question, i have an outfit that uses slot 35(amulet) and the bottom part uses slot 49 both in the same .nif i am wanting just the slot 49 part to be removed during SL scenes. is there a way to do this like using "key words" in the CK or would they actually have to be two separate nifs?

You need to split it into two separate pieces of armor (and two nifs) if you want them to behave independently.

6 hours ago, blueowlpso2 said:

Second, everything IS the latest. And I have followed what has been told to me to do... even MO2 from Ashal tiny script. Still resulting to the same conclusion. Everything indicates that it something with Sexlab, even the function Rebuild and Clean crashes my game...a function tied to Sexlab itself. Yet other mods that run through it, like SLEN, works fine. PapyrusUtil is overriding everything.  So I'm frustrated 

Get a crash dump from .NET Script Framework.

4 hours ago, Psycho_Bill said:

got a question, i have an outfit that uses slot 35(amulet) and the bottom part uses slot 49 both in the same .nif i am wanting just the slot 49 part to be removed during SL scenes. is there a way to do this like using "key words" in the CK or would they actually have to be two separate nifs?

In fact you can equip something like a ring with the slot 49 defined on the ESP file but not on  the meshes. If the outfit have right defined the slot partition on the meshes when you equip the ring with the slot 49 just the slot partition of the outfit should disappear. But mostly depends of the render system because in my case sometimes I open the game and the render do what he please

6 hours ago, Psycho_Bill said:

They would have to be two separate apparel items - one in Slot 35 and the other in Slot 49 - so yes, two separate nifs. This is astonishingly easy to do in Outfit Studio. If you send me the mod (or a link to it) and tell me which outfit it is (if the mod has more than one outfit), I'll be glad to split them up for you, assuming it's not 75 outfits in a marathon mod like Bikini Armor or Immersive Whatevers...

1 hour ago, osmelmc said:

In fact you can equip something like a ring with the slot 49 defined on the ESP file but not on  the meshes.

It has been my experience that you can do this only if the shape has a NiSkinInstance (or no skin instance at all) - if it has a BSDismemberSkinInstance, the (primary) slot must be specified in the Partitions > Partitions data in the nif file.

Also, while I realize you were using "slot 49" only as an example, I wouldn't think anyone would assign that slot to a ring since 49 is normally "Pelvis Primary/Outerwear" and normally used for skirts and pants.

20 minutes ago, ChosenVlor said:

is there a reason that the only animations that play force a strapon on for the females, and force them into using it? even when its m/f. this is happening on a fresh install too

SexLab is a framework. That is, it is a resource that modders use. SexLab does NOT force anyone to use strap-ons. However, the mods that you use that require SexLab may. What you need is to look for a different set of mods if you are unhappy with the position. 

Alternatively. SexLab comes with hotkeys. IIRC the "+/=" key will swap the positions in the current animation. So, if your female is putting on a strap-on to fuck your male and you don't like it, just hit =.

Example:

Spoiler

Let me illustrate with one of my mods: Some Consensual Sex. The original mod file places the player in the male position for sex. Because of the requests that I received I added a second file that placed the player in the female position for sex. SexLab did not choose those positions, I did.

@osmelmc Is there any chance we could see a feature that would automatically invalidate affected animation caches when AddTag() or RemoveTag() are used? Right now I'm just clearing all the caches whenever a user updates the tags, which is less than ideal.

I see there is a InvalidateByAnimation() but we would probably also need an InvalidateByTag() which would cover both required and suppressed tags.

Tall order, I know.

3 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

@osmelmc Is there any chance we could see a feature that would automatically invalidate affected animation caches when AddTag() or RemoveTag() are used? Right now I'm just clearing all the caches whenever a user updates the tags, which is less than ideal.

I see there is a InvalidateByAnimation() but we would probably also need an InvalidateByTag() which would cover both required and suppressed tags.

Tall order, I know.

To automatically clean/update the CACHE when Mods like SLATE add or remove Tags I have to modified the sslBaseObject and I'm trying to avoid that at less for now.

Clean the CACHE is the most easy and faster for me right now because I usually charge many tags using the SLATE and try something more specific is good when is just one Tag or Animation but if I have to do it for more than one tag or Animation probably will take more time that clean the cache and start over. But yes I will make the InvalidateByTag function because is really easy but I not sure where will fit better.

The CACHE is Cleaned when some Animation is added/removed or enabled/disable also if some tag is added/removed using the options of the "Toggle Animations" page on the SexLab MCM. Of course the CACHE are two so if you Toggle some Creature Animation the CACHE cleaned will be the Creatures CACHE, same happen for Humanoids Animations.

By the way the "Toggle Animations" page also allow you select the Animation for the "Animation Editor" page just with hold the Ctrl key while Click over the Animation, then you have to go to the "Animation Editor" page because that part still is not automatic.

The Ctrl key have more hidden applications that I describe on my Tweak Download topic.

11 hours ago, ChosenVlor said:

is there a reason that the only animations that play force a strapon on for the females, and force them into using it? even when its m/f. this is happening on a fresh install too

The Strap-on on Females only are showed when the Female is on the Male position that means that the real FF Animations don't equip Strap-on. If the Animation have the FF tag but one of the positions is really for Male actors, is just wrongly tagged.

To disable the Strap-on just disable the "Female Use Strap-ons" option on the "Animation Settings" page.

PS: Some Lesbian Animations have "Double Dildos" and are not related with the Strap-on option